PDA

View Full Version : Welcome

Pekka
27th of March 2001 (Tue), 14:57
Feel free to discuss G1 firmware related issues here. If you need to add a suggestion to http://studio-on-the.net/photography/G1/wishlist.html do it on this forum. Remember that firmware can not address hardware issues like button placement or zoom lenght, it's software only.

sun365
28th of April 2001 (Sat), 17:50
More comments on wanted fixes/enhancements, etc:

the counter should go to 5 digits

should also show how many pictures allready shot, this shouls show in both Capture and Replay modes

fix the F8 1/1000 problem

should allow for more than bracketing 3 pictures

should not have the Capture/Review/Connect to PC button together with the Exposure Modes: shutting the camera many times changes the mode....

would like more resolutions options

M Koesoema
27th of June 2001 (Wed), 09:35
To add to your neatly compiled wish list:

1. Cancelling exposure/flash compensation, exposure bracketing by pressing certain two buttons simultenously - much quicker than navigating the menu.

2. Fix the overexpose under bright lighting in the Auto/Semi Auto Mode.

I mainly use G1 for still pictures, but it'll be nice if the G1:

1. Permit higher frame/sec in movie, quick motion shots appear jerky. (probably limited by hardware?)

2. Use more compact compression format for movie (MPEG?).

3. Enable zooming during movie recording. But I reckon the noise from the zoom will be clearly recorded.

boone
26th of September 2001 (Wed), 11:20
Another Wishlist request:

When running a slideshow in manual mode (where you change images with the left/right controls), allow the use of the Zoom button and the corresponding panning controls, just like in plain playback mode.

(BTW, Pekka, your wishlist page still has a link to the forum on the old server)

iasc300
4th of September 2008 (Thu), 00:34
this is the first post ever

maxwolfie
4th of September 2008 (Thu), 05:42
Wow

Harm
12th of August 2009 (Wed), 10:58
Time to revive this old sucker for absolutely no reason :)

gjl711
12th of August 2009 (Wed), 11:49
Kind of funny that the first responder to this thread shot his entire wad in that one post. A one hit wonder I suppose. :)

Harm
12th of August 2009 (Wed), 13:25
A one hit wonder I suppose. :)

Clearly!!

S.Horton
12th of August 2009 (Wed), 16:04
I think I had a firmware issue once.

But, it went away, over time.

gjl711
12th of August 2009 (Wed), 16:33
I think I had a firmware issue once.

But, it went away, over time.It does then when you get older. ;)

FlyingPhotog
12th of August 2009 (Wed), 16:36
Kind of funny that the first responder to this thread shot his entire wad in that one post. A one hit wonder I suppose. :)

And it's a post berating Canon for lacking certain features...

The more things change, etc, etc, etc...

S.Horton
12th of August 2009 (Wed), 16:37
It does then when you get older. ;)

Tell me about it.

:confused:

Robert16
12th of August 2009 (Wed), 16:42
Tell me about it.

:confused:
'Use it or lose it' they say.

tonylong
13th of August 2009 (Thu), 00:15
I wonder because my camera does not take as good pictures as other cameras of the same model I see posted here on POTN. Plus, I've seen pictures from my camera actually improve over pictures I myself have posted on the WeberNets. Are we being subjected to secret firmware upgrades that we need to know about? Enquiring minds want to know!

Harm
13th of August 2009 (Thu), 08:42
I wonder because my camera does not take as good pictures as other cameras of the same model I see posted here on POTN. Plus, I've seen pictures from my camera actually improve over pictures I myself have posted on the WeberNets. Are we being subjected to secret firmware upgrades that we need to know about? Enquiring minds want to know!

After that response, you definitely deserve your title :rolleyes:

tmwag
14th of August 2009 (Fri), 17:42
Is Pekka an aberration or real ..I don't know?

MDJAK
26th of July 2011 (Tue), 16:57
Well my G10, as good a camera as it is in a talented person's hands, ain't so good in mine. Thus the reason it hibernates like a bear in my console of my car and never sees the light of day.

JimAskew
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:40
Well my G10, as good a camera as it is in a talented person's hands, ain't so good in mine. Thus the reason it hibernates like a bear in my console of my car and never sees the light of day.
Come on, Mark...it is a perfect NYC camera :-)

How are you these days?

joayne
29th of August 2011 (Mon), 23:44
Oh Geez... POTN started on my Birthday ;)

2mnycars
31st of August 2011 (Wed), 08:53
Interesting following this thread. First poster--a single post. Others? Can't count them they're so high. My G11? Same ergonomic issues as the G1, for me anyway. The more things change the more they stay the same.
Pekka, thanks so much for your POTN and for what you have done. It's the best photography forum I've found. I truly appreciate the ability of the posters here and the quality of their images.
Best,

Chet
17th of February 2012 (Fri), 13:00
this is the first post ever

Cool!

S.Horton
17th of February 2012 (Fri), 18:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPEFskCrdhQ

Chet
17th of February 2012 (Fri), 18:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPEFskCrdhQ

Alv Rios was obviously working with a dummy. :rolleyes:

Liquid Dark
17th of October 2013 (Thu), 09:05
the first responding poster has an AOL instant messenger link
anyone out there with the same care to ring him/her up?