PDA

View Full Version : Color Settings

neonblitz
11th of April 2001 (Wed), 10:11
I just picked up an Epson 780. Now one of the issues I need to address is calibration between my monitor, Photoshop 6 and the printer, so that my results achieved in Photoshop come out of the printer.

What's the best way to do this?

Andrei
11th of April 2001 (Wed), 10:35
Adobe Gamma (from PhotoShop) gives rather good results.

I use Epson Premium Glossy or RedRiver UltraGlossy #1640. They both have a big dynamic range. No complaints.

Konica QP - is excellent. But too contrasty. Not for photrealistic portraits.

My Printer: Epson 870. Hopefully, I have not faced with Orange shift.

neonblitz wrote:
I just picked up an Epson 780. Now one of the issues I need to address is calibration between my monitor, Photoshop 6 and the printer, so that my results achieved in Photoshop come out of the printer.

What's the best way to do this?

neonblitz
11th of April 2001 (Wed), 12:10
I'm sorry I have the 870 too, not the 780. Could any manufacturer's model's be more confusing........

So using Adobe Gamma I can make my own custom monitor setting? Than choose that as my color profile.......Rather than using a preset........

Right now when I print, I get a dialogue box asking if I want to use a color profile. Do you use a profile when printing to your 870?

rknol
11th of April 2001 (Wed), 13:34
I use Profiler RGB frm http://www.colorcal.com/. With this Photoshop Plugin, you can print a testcard, Scan it and let the software make a Color profile.
Good product, but not for free...

Andrei
11th of April 2001 (Wed), 16:57
I use Adobe RGB + Epson 870 Color space.

In Advanced Options:
High Speed - No

PhotoEnhace4 (It's more sharp) or
Color Control + PhotoRealistic.

This is very briefly.

neonblitz wrote:
I'm sorry I have the 870 too, not the 780. Could any manufacturer's model's be more confusing........

So using Adobe Gamma I can make my own custom monitor setting? Than choose that as my color profile.......Rather than using a preset........

Right now when I print, I get a dialogue box asking if I want to use a color profile. Do you use a profile when printing to your 870?

mikedavid
15th of May 2001 (Tue), 13:39
Will the plug-in work with Photoshop LE 5.0?

I have an HP970C, and am becoming a bit frustrated in trying to match the colors on my monitor with the inkjet's output.

rknol
16th of May 2001 (Wed), 00:42
I don't know. You have to ask them...

mikedavid wrote:
Will the plug-in work with Photoshop LE 5.0?

I have an HP970C, and am becoming a bit frustrated in trying to match the colors on my monitor with the inkjet's output.