PDA

View Full Version : Resize Images

Steve Campbell
16th of July 2011 (Sat), 14:39
I'd like to start posting a few of my shots here but it says I must resize my shots to a max of 1024 pixels by 1024 pixels. I have Elements 9 and there is a resize option but it doesn't seem to correspond to these demensions. I can't figure it out. How do I resize my photos on here? I convert my RAW files to Jpegs.

Eagle
16th of July 2011 (Sat), 20:46
I use Image Resizer 2.1 (http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/releases/view/30247) it's simple to use in the right click menu.

Apollo.11
16th of July 2011 (Sat), 20:49
Sweetness! I so missed the xp powertoy. Thanks for the link!

Eagle
16th of July 2011 (Sat), 20:54
Yeah when I went from XP to Win7 it was one of the first things I had to find.

Apollo.11
16th of July 2011 (Sat), 20:55
I'll have to check out the resizer 3 (http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/releases/view/61778).

08photog
16th of July 2011 (Sat), 22:54
pse 9 use "save to web" you can specify file size and or image size

Steve Campbell
17th of July 2011 (Sun), 09:18
Thanks, I just downloaded it. Now how does it work?

Steve Campbell
17th of July 2011 (Sun), 09:33
I actually just right clicked on an image, and recieved a resize option. Not sure if that was always there or is because of the download. There was a custom option and I plugged in the maximum size for this forum and it worked. Thanks guys!

tkerr
17th of July 2011 (Sun), 09:34
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-photoshop-com/resizing-photos/

Use Custom Size to size it however you want to whatever size you want. Keep the Width and Height linked to maintain aspect ratio.

Do you also have DPP? You can resize from there with ease as well.

Steve Campbell
17th of July 2011 (Sun), 09:43
I used custon and just plugged in 1024x1024 or whatever the forum asks. I do have DPP also. How come there isn't something in Elements 9? Did I do it right?

tkerr
17th of July 2011 (Sun), 10:18
I used custon and just plugged in 1024x1024 or whatever the forum asks. I do have DPP also. How come there isn't something in Elements 9? Did I do it right?

You don't need a square 1024 x 1024 pixel image. The Limits here are that 1024 is the maximum for the longest side.
If you're resizing a picture straight out of the camera and resizing it to 1024x1024 without first cropping it square you're going to throw off the aspect ratio and get a distorted picture.
Most DSLRs take pictures using a 6x4 width to height ratio. that would result in a 1024x683 Landscape, or 683x1024 Portrait.

When you use the Custom Size you want to keep the two dimensions linked so when you change one the other should automatically adjust to maintain the proper aspect ratio and not distort you picture.

Use DPP, select the image you want to resize and Batch Process. When the Batch Process windows pops up select Resize and input the dimension you want and check lock aspect ratio and you will only have to input one of the dimensions..

AlanU
17th of July 2011 (Sun), 10:33
Faststone photo resizer 3.1 has unsharp mask.

I can batch hundreds of photos at a time and sharpen at the same time. Absolutely free and fantastic!!

photobucket to facebook.....photos will be tack sharp after resizing.

Steve Campbell
17th of July 2011 (Sun), 16:06
I'll try these tips. Thanks.

Roamingbull
25th of July 2011 (Mon), 12:36
Faststone photo resizer 3.1 has unsharp mask.

I can batch hundreds of photos at a time and sharpen at the same time. Absolutely free and fantastic!!

photobucket to facebook.....photos will be tack sharp after resizing.

I just downloaded this, along with FastStone Image Viewer 4.6. I have to say I am very impressed with how easy the re sizer makes it. As to the Image Viewer, It does not do layers, at lease that I can see, but otherwise it does just about everything else including levels. I particularly like how the Clone and Heel work together in this program. Very nice for free...

Roamingbull
25th of July 2011 (Mon), 15:31
Does anybody know a software that can batch-convert RGB image to CMYK?

Not sure if this one will work for that or not, but you may want to start another thread for that specific question. You may get someones attention that would know, that would not otherwise look at this thread.

Good luck