PDA

View Full Version : It's Already 2AM: 12th? 14th? Edition... Time to consult your Financial Advisers!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:29
Sounds like Open Street Map (http://www.openstreetmap.org/).

nope...here's the one I am talking about...

http://roadguide.ph/

I am not not sure how reliable that is though... I mean its like Wikipedia hehe

Harm
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:31
ahhh haha typical... if you go to any house here most probably you will be offered food. :lol:

Same with any Indian family too. No matter what time of day/night, you'll be offered food etc.

You just have to stay bloody active all the time.

Jill-of-all-Trades
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:31
Awesome Mel. Im a fan of maps my self. Check out this deal. Its the previous version but includes the heart monitor and the speed/cadence sensors as well:

http://g.factoryoutletstore.com/details/4792/garmin-edge-705-bundle.html

That is nice. Way beyond anything that I need, but would be fun to play with. I would love to be able to mount mine to my bike, at least get speed and distance.

vipergts831
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:32
cool thing about these is they'll work in your hand camping or in the car too, there are no limits.

Next you'll tease with me Power tap wheels wont you?

:lol: How about some PowerMeter ;)

http://www.srm.de/index.php?lang=us

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:33
I have always had a good sense of direction. Never have been lost in my life... turned around sometimes, but not lost. I have a decent memory for finding my way back after someone showed me the way just once. The GPS is really nice in bigger cities where everything is confusing and you don't have the chance to think before you've driven past your turn.
yeah exactly what I said to the GF, I have never been lost myself... well if I am looking for a particular street or shop or place.. I have been lost a lot of times finding the place just because I don't really know where they are, but not really disoriented.

I find it funny when people started using GPS systems here :lol: I understand why Omar needs it, specially in big cities... and those GPS maps does have 1 way warnings and all?

It wasn't an option, I didn't have the right lenses :p
I just realized, is the only fast wide angle option you have for crop the Tokina 11-16? :confused:

vipergts831
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:34
That is nice. Way beyond anything that I need, but would be fun to play with. I would love to be able to mount mine to my bike, at least get speed and distance.

Could you create a custom mount using straps. Ive seen that done a few times. Yup its great for training tracking purposes. Not sure if i will go 800 or the 705 bundle. I like the 800 because its touch screen and really quick to adjust on the fly while riding. But the 705 presents a value pick.

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:35
Same with any Indian family too. No matter what time of day/night, you'll be offered food etc.

You just have to stay bloody active all the time.

I say its typical of Asian homes I guess :lol: now I need to be active, its 330am here, I could go out and jog now :lol: crazy!!

*sigh*
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:36
I just realized, is the only fast wide angle option you have for crop the Tokina 11-16? :confused:I don't need that wide..

I just need wider than 28mm on a crop.

FJ LOVE
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:37
GPS's are quite nice. I am a map lover, but the GPS is nice for the off-map areas. I'm hoping to go geocaching while I'm camping. Some good bike trails in the area.

did you see the news today, a truck driver using GPS was guided under a bridge that took his roof off, people rely on them too much :rolleyes:

vipergts831
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:37
yeah exactly what I said to the GF, I have never been lost myself... well if I am looking for a particular street or shop or place.. I have been lost a lot of times finding the place just because I don't really know where they are, but not really disoriented.

I find it funny when people started using GPS systems here :lol: I understand why Omar needs it, specially in big cities... and those GPS maps does have 1 way warnings and all?

I just realized, is the only fast wide angle option you have for crop the Tokina 11-16? :confused:

Correct Steven. I can get around NYC with no problem. For me its when i go outside of it and im not within reach of the Subway system. That is when GPS becomes critical. The rides i want will take me away from the city center and ill be building custom rides to places ive never been. The GPS system will give me turn by turn directions instead of me having to stop and look at my phone (which running GPS all day on it will drain it). Ask anyone who rides a bike how much fun it is to stop when you have a good rhythm going. It also combines all my training information was which is great when combined with its route tracking :)

FJ LOVE
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:38
ahhh I see... I am not sure you want to crank the ISO more than 1600 though...

i saw your tripod in torontto today Steven, it was $799 so i kept walking ;)

jetta-the-hut
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:39
:lol: How about some PowerMeter ;)

http://www.srm.de/index.php?lang=us

your killing me, i sold all my photo gear, and i've spent enough money to fund a small country in my pool and 32' ft deck beside it, i cant even toilet paper now so i'm printing Frisk's post and using those and you post something awesome like POWERMETERS,

shoot me,shoot me now......

vipergts831
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:40
did you see the news today, a truck driver using GPS was guided under a bridge that took his roof off, people rely on them too much :rolleyes:

Has happened more than once! I believe garmin has maps that are made specifically for truck drivers. However, if you dont know that you need to look for it then you wont have it. :rolleyes:

vipergts831
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:41
your killing me, i sold all my photo gear, and i've spent enough money to fund a small country in my pool and 32' ft deck beside it, i cant even toilet paper now so i'm printing Frisk's post and using those and you post something awesome like POWERMETERS,

shoot me,shoot me now......

Hey you cant blame me. You asked and i delivered the best :) My next bike will have POWER METER! It is what the vast majority of riders on the tour use :)

jetta-the-hut
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:45
Hey you cant blame me. You asked and i delivered the best :) My next bike will have POWER METER! It is what the vast majority of riders on the tour use :)

i just want bar end shifters with RTC, powermeter on my bike would be like racing a honda even if you win you're still retarded.

let the honda lovers flaming begin.....

vipergts831
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:48
i just want bar end shifters with RTC, powermeter on my bike would be like racing a honda even if you win you're still retarded.

let the honda lovers flaming begin.....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah powermeter is awesome. Really hardcore stuff. What actually lead me to powermeter was trying to figure out what kind of computer was being used at the tour. I kept seeing the same shaped version on all the big name riders regardless of team or bike brand. That is how i found out about powercontrol which is the computer i was wondering about. Then naturally the powermeter system came into play :lol:

Jill-of-all-Trades
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:49

The dumbnut should have looked at the sign saying how high the bridge is. The only story like that I've heard where it wasn't the driver's fault was one where the road had just been resurfaced and they built the road up higher. Didn't change the sign. The guy had been driving the same truck and trailer under that bridge for years and never had a problem. I think the construction company ended up with the blame for that one.

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:49
Julian keeps looking at other cameras... I just saw Peter Lik's video and damn I am not really sure what camera he was using :lol: but has a $40,000 digital back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0spacaJi3fs

I don't need that wide..

I just need wider than 28mm on a crop.
ahh I say the 18-55mm is good enough if you don't need wide and fast :D

Correct Steven. I can get around NYC with no problem. For me its when i go outside of it and im not within reach of the Subway system. That is when GPS becomes critical. The rides i want will take me away from the city center and ill be building custom rides to places ive never been. The GPS system will give me turn by turn directions instead of me having to stop and look at my phone (which running GPS all day on it will drain it). Ask anyone who rides a bike how much fun it is to stop when you have a good rhythm going. It also combines all my training information was which is great when combined with its route tracking :)
yeah... I see how convenient that thing could be hehe

i saw your tripod in torontto today Steven, it was $799 so i kept walking ;)
Martin that's the SRP for that tripod right now, you like it? did not even bother to stop and look? haha

Jill-of-all-Trades
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:51
Could you create a custom mount using straps. Ive seen that done a few times. Yup its great for training tracking purposes. Not sure if i will go 800 or the 705 bundle. I like the 800 because its touch screen and really quick to adjust on the fly while riding. But the 705 presents a value pick.

I've tried thinking up something. I've got lots of velcro stuff, it's just what to mount the GPS on to.

vipergts831
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:51
Julian keeps looking at other cameras... I just saw Peter Lik's video and damn I am not really sure what camera he was using :lol: but has a $40,000 digital back

Martin that's the SRP for that tripod right now, you like it? did not even bother to stop and look? haha

For guys like martin who will never move their tripods it doesn't really make sense. He can go with a nice heavy one and be okay :)

vipergts831
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:52
I've tried thinking up something. I've got lots of velcro stuff, it's just what to mount the GPS on to.

Hmmm. Does yours mount to anything now? Or its just free standing?

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:52
The dumbnut should have looked at the sign saying how high the bridge is. The only story like that I've heard where it wasn't the driver's fault was one where the road had just been resurfaced and they built the road up higher. Didn't change the sign. The guy had been driving the same truck and trailer under that bridge for years and never had a problem. I think the construction company ended up with the blame for that one.

damn!!! really? blame it on the GPS? hahahahaha

vipergts831
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:53
Seems like the teasing got to Jake. Havent seen him around much besides a high :confused:

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:54
For guys like martin who will never move their tripods it doesn't really make sense. He can go with a nice heavy one and be okay :)

yeah I know hehe maybe he was curious and stopped :lol:

I will start shooting Panoramic now, that's Peter Lik's secret.. :lol:

5shot panoramic = 60mp for me... I think that would be enough :lol:

I need a panoramic setup hahaha

Jill-of-all-Trades
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:55
Hmmm. Does yours mount to anything now? Or its just free standing?

I have the window suction cup mount.

vipergts831
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:56
yeah I know hehe maybe he was curious and stopped :lol:

I will start shooting Panoramic now, that's Peter Lik's secret.. :lol:

5shot panoramic = 60mp for me... I think that would be enough :lol:

I need a panoramic setup hahaha

You need more resolution ;)

I have the window suction cup mount.

What exact do model do you have again Mel?

Jill-of-all-Trades
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:56
damn!!! really? blame it on the GPS? hahahahaha

Well that one was before GPS's were common. It was the construction company's problem. They resurfaced the road under the bridge and built it up too high, wasn't enough space left. Didn't change the signs or anything so the driver never would have known that there wasn't enough space.

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 14:57
Seems like the teasing got to Jake. Havent seen him around much besides a high :confused:

nah... he said he was busy, but yeah I guess it did a bit. these guys are uhhhmmm ruthless :lol:

vipergts831
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:00
nah... he said he was busy, but yeah I guess it did a bit. these guys are uhhhmmm ruthless :lol:

:lol: Thick skin is required around these parts :D You have a pretty thick one Steven :lol:

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:00

hehe I need more money :lol:

Well that one was before GPS's were common. It was the construction company's problem. They resurfaced the road under the bridge and built it up too high, wasn't enough space left. Didn't change the signs or anything so the driver never would have known that there wasn't enough space.

ohh I quoted the wrong post :lol: I mean the guy who hit his van under a flyover :lol:

Jill-of-all-Trades
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:01

Garmin Nuvi 255W

They make a handlebar mount for the regular screen model, but not for the widescreen one. Haven't really looked for aftermarket ones much.

*sigh*
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:03
ahh I say the 18-55mm is good enough if you don't need wide and fast :DI don't need super wide, but I need fast.

But I have a 17-35 2.8 and a 70-200 2.8 IS on reserve for me to pick up later today. The 18-55 is $18 for a day to rent, the 17-35 is $25 :p.

vipergts831
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:04
Garmin Nuvi 255W

They make a handlebar mount for the regular screen model, but not for the widescreen one. Haven't really looked for aftermarket ones much.

Check this out Mel :D

http://www.ram-mount.com/Products/BicycleMounts/tabid/3303/Default.aspx

Put your device and model number in :D

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:05
:lol: Thick skin is required around these parts :D You have a pretty thick one Steven :lol:

coz my skin is covered with thick fur :lol: :p

I have nothing to hide here nor do I have anything to be ashamed of... so yeah you guys know I can take a hit or two or three or a thousand :lol:

vipergts831
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:07
coz my skin is covered with thick fur :lol: :p

I have nothing to hide here nor do I have anything to be ashamed of... so yeah you guys know I can take a hit or two or three or a thousand :lol:

No comment on the fur part :lol:

That is a good quality to have Steven. Some people i know really cant roll with the punches at times. Makes for some awkward situations :lol:

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:08
I don't need super wide, but I need fast.

But I have a 17-35 2.8 and a 70-200 2.8 IS on reserve for me to pick up later today. The 18-55 is $18 for a day to rent, the 17-35 is $25 :p.

ahhh wow!! really? 18-55 is $18? I would have thought it would only be like $5/day hahaha

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:10
Mel...how can a guy wear this kind of clothes in freezing weather? :lol: just a few minutes watching his videos and I am beginning to think this guy is full of marketing crap :lol:

he wears exactly the same clothes anywhere..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1_jovMb1zw&NR=1

I still like the fact that he earns a lot though hehe

Harm
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:10

The saturation level is good though - nice and high!

jetta-the-hut
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:11
i've got this and it works well.

http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045066045049054054045065080056085/Default.aspx

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:11
No comment on the fur part :lol:

That is a good quality to have Steven. Some people i know really cant roll with the punches at times. Makes for some awkward situations :lol:

if you ever come here, the only time when it would probably be awkward is if I don't understand your joke :lol:

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:12
The saturation level is good though - nice and high!

well I got that part right already... I just need more resolution and money and skills and marketing act :lol:

FJ LOVE
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:13

yes, i picked it up and looked at it and some other ones as well, i hate tripods so just wanted to see what you were buying :p

Harm
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:13
Of course. It is all marketing. Good marketing too. A lot of people will go oooooh & ahhhh, and wow. That will all translate to more sales.

vipergts831
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:15
ahhh wow!! really? 18-55 is $18? I would have thought it would only be like $5/day hahaha

Hmm got me thinking. I can rent the following lenses on the wide end for a day at 18 or less:

CANON 10-22/3.5-4.5 EF-S $16
CANON 15/2.8 FISHEYE $18
CANON 17-40/4 L $18
CANON 17-85/4.5-5.6 IS EF-S $16

jetta-the-hut
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:19
Hmm got me thinking. I can rent the following lenses on the wide end for a day at 18 or less:

CANON 15/2.8 FISHEYE $18
CANON 17-40/4 L $18

and your probably lucky enough to pick it up,use it and drop it back off.

jetta-the-hut
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:20
maybe i should rent a 5d and a 70-200L and let the wife use it then maybe she'll be more understanding.

vipergts831
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:21
maybe i should rent a 5d and a 70-200L and let the wife use it then maybe she'll be more understanding.

Seeing is believing :D

vipergts831
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:22
i've got this and it works well.

http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045066045049054054045065080056085/Default.aspx

OOoo I have yet to see an ipad mounted like that :D

Harm
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:23

I see people driving and on their ipad2 at the same time in Boston. You just wait for them to crash at the first junction....

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:24
yes, i picked it up and looked at it and some other ones as well, i hate tripods so just wanted to see what you were buying :p
hehehe... just don't be clumsy around them and you will probably love them...

Of course. It is all marketing. Good marketing too. A lot of people will go oooooh & ahhhh, and wow. That will all translate to more sales.
I know Martin hates those sounds :lol:

CANON 15/2.8 FISHEYE $18
CANON 17-40/4 L $18
yeah... I was surprised that the 18-55mm = $18/day :lol:

who the hell would rent that thing in the first place? oohhh Nick ;) hehe :lol:

you should... does she really shoot? the GF don't even wanna hold the D700+70-200mm :lol: she says its too heavy.

my tummy is acting up, I now remember why I woke up at 230am :rolleyes: :oops:

jetta-the-hut
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:25

its great for in the truck,watching movies in HD, i'm going to end up getting the model that bolts into the seat rail and has a combo lock on it, its only 30 dollars more and then i wont care about leaving it in the truck, no one will be able to grab it,and if they do they'll break it up trying to get it out.

vipergts831
I see people driving and on their ipad2 at the same time in Boston. You just wait for them to crash at the first junction....

Car companies love them ;)

monk3y

I guess they could reason out that they are using it as GPS :lol:

jetta-the-hut
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:27
you should... does she really shoot? the GF don't even wanna hold the D700+70-200mm :lol: she says its too heavy.

my tummy is acting up, I now remember why I woke up at 230am :rolleyes: :oops:

mine does that too, ulcers suck.

she has an expensive p&s, she shot 100 or so with my d200 and kept telling me her arms hurt afterwards so shes more of a d90-t2i kinda gal.

Harm
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:27
until people notice that they were playing angry birds or something else at the time :D

jetta-the-hut
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:30
i'm out Gents and Gals time to work on the deck,TTYL,TTFN!

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:31
mine does that too, ulcers suck.

she has an expensive p&s, she shot 100 or so with my d200 and kept telling me her arms hurt afterwards so shes more of a d90-t2i kinda gal.
I guess that's the same with the GF... she loves the D700 if the grip is off but will never hold it with the 70-200mm haha

until people notice that they were playing angry birds or something else at the time :D

hahaha... really!!! :lol:

anyway I am going back to sleep...good morning hehe

FJ LOVE
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 15:55
I know Martin hates those sounds :lol:

you're right :lol:

*sigh*
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 16:08
yeah... I was surprised that the 18-55mm = $18/day :lol:

who the hell would rent that thing in the first place? oohhh Nick ;) hehe :lol:But I'm not renting in.

You are on a roll today with all of your fails. :p :lol:

Jill-of-all-Trades
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 16:22
Argh!! I just want to take a short nap before ball tonight, but everytime I lay down something demands my attention :mad:

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 16:23
you're right :lol:
hehehe... so how was toronto today? its 520am and I am up again :( no chance of sleeping properly today :(

But I'm not renting in.

You are on a roll today with all of your fails. :p :lol:

hehe what I mean to say was you would have rented it :lol:
hey remember, I was posting at 2am coz my tummy is acting up..

now I realize why, I ate some food with coconut milk in it last night. :rolleyes: I really love that stuff but I always end up like this :(

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 16:24
looks like B&H did not respond to the new price from DBROTH

*sigh*
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 16:36
now I realize why, I ate some food with coconut milk in it last night. :rolleyes: I really love that stuff but I always end up like this :(Yeah I had a Monster Energy drink last night... same way. I love it, but I always regret it later... :/

Jill-of-all-Trades
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 16:43
I really hate it when you find something for a good price online, and then the shipping doubles the cost of the thing.

vipergts831
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 16:45
Mel did you see the link i provided for a bike holder for you?

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 16:48
Yeah I had a Monster Energy drink last night... same way. I love it, but I always regret it later... :/
yeah... good thing I am not travelling, when I do I always avoid anything coconut and fresh milk :lol: or to be safe, any dairy products.

I am not lactose intolerant but my tummy just doesn't like them sometimes hehe

I really hate it when you find something for a good price online, and then the shipping doubles the cost of the thing.

I feel ya :lol: I keep looking at stuff in US websites with free shipping and all... but can't get em coz shipping is ridiculous OR some won't even ship towards me :(

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 16:49
so anybody know what's a good calibrator that's under $100?

I can see the Spyder 3 express...but not sure if its good

vipergts831
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 16:51
so anybody know what's a good calibrator that's under $100?

I can see the Spyder 3 express...but not sure if its good

You buy thousands of dollars worth of equipment only to go cheap on your color management system. For that just shoot green box mode on your camera as well :rolleyes::lol:

Jill-of-all-Trades
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 16:52
Mel did you see the link i provided for a bike holder for you?

Yes I did. The products look good. I can get what I need for $22, but the shipping is $20 :mad:

vipergts831
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 16:52
Yes I did. The products look good. I can get what I need for $22, but the shipping is $20 :mad:

Ugh on the shipping! :mad:

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 16:55
You buy thousands of dollars worth of equipment only to go cheap on your color management system. For that just shoot green box mode on your camera as well :rolleyes::lol:

I will consider buying expensive calibrator when I buy Eizo ;) :lol:

vipergts831
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 16:57
I will consider buying expensive calibrator when I buy Eizo ;) :lol:

Have we taught you nothing? :lol: A good calibrator can make a big difference regardless if its a cheap IPS or the bently of IPS screens :D

Jill-of-all-Trades
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 17:08
Found a Canadian site that sells that company's products. Shipping is only $10.00 Product is a couple of bucks more, in Canadian, but the shipping savings is worth it.

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 17:13
Have we taught you nothing? :lol: A good calibrator can make a big difference regardless if its a cheap IPS or the bently of IPS screens :D

do you use one? :p hehe I know... that's why I am looking at a cheap Spyder express

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 17:18
I think this is what I need... a camera with built in printer :lol:
http://www.techradar.com/news/photography-video-capture/cameras/polaroid-announces-new-digital-camera-with-inbuilt-printer-984535

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 17:26
Hi everyone! Going into work! :p Anyways, my Zeiss 35 will be here tomorrow! :D

Jill-of-all-Trades
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 17:34
Pizza Pockets and ice cream for supper. Cause that's the kind of day I've been having. Baseball is gonna be wonderful tonight :confused:

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 17:34
looks like B&H did not respond to the new price from DBROTH

Buy the one from DBROTH. ;)

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 17:35
Pizza Pockets and ice cream for supper. Cause that's the kind of day I've been having. Baseball is gonna be wonderful tonight :confused:

Sounds like a treat! :)

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 17:42
Buy the one from DBROTH. ;)

haha no... It would end up more expensive than B&H...

have you guys seen this?

a Manfrotto Neotec... no twist locks or flip locks, just push buttons near the top..and since its reversed like a benbo, lesser chance of grit going inside the legs
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/images/largeimages/336188.jpg

*sigh*
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 17:51
Well I'm an idiot...

So I rented the 17-35mm.. without thinking about the fact that the one Canon makes now is the 16-35mm and that is the newer generation. It's the same price too, but ah well... the 17-35 should be fine.

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 17:57
haha no... It would end up more expensive than B&H...

have you guys seen this?

a Manfrotto Neotec... no twist locks or flip locks, just push buttons near the top..and since its reversed like a benbo, lesser chance of grit going inside the legs
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/images/largeimages/336188.jpg

Keep it real and get a Gitzo. ;)

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 17:57
Well I'm an idiot...

So I rented the 17-35mm.. without thinking about the fact that the one Canon makes now is the 16-35mm and that is the newer generation. It's the same price too, but ah well... the 17-35 should be fine.

I see :lol: there are actually 2 version of the 16-35mm :lol:

*sigh*
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 17:58
I see :lol: there are actually 2 version of the 16-35mm :lol:I feel like a moron...

It's AF is super slow :/ This is what happens when you are trying to figure stuff out when you are really stressed... :confused:

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 17:59
Keep it real and get a Gitzo. ;)

ohhh I am not getting it, I just found it interesting...and have not come across that thing... and at $400++ I would get the feisol first haha if ever I need smaller.

so did you see the video I posted of peter Lik? I now realize that was the camera that you and Tony were talking about...

he uses a Linholf for Panorama and an Alpa with a 39mp digital back (hassy?)

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 18:00
I feel like a moron...

It's AF is super slow :/ This is what happens when you are trying to figure stuff out when you are really stressed... :confused:

I guess the $18 18-55mm should have been a better choice :lol: ;)

yeah well just use it, I bet its still very capable :D

*sigh*
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 18:06
I guess the $18 18-55mm should have been a better choice :lol: ;)

yeah well just use it, I bet its still very capable :DI'm sure it is. I'm sure it will work just fine...

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 18:19
ohhh I am not getting it, I just found it interesting...and have not come across that thing... and at $400++ I would get the feisol first haha if ever I need smaller.

so did you see the video I posted of peter Lik? I now realize that was the camera that you and Tony were talking about...

he uses a Linholf for Panorama and an Alpa with a 39mp digital back (hassy?)
He's the epitome of "gear whore" status. ;):lol:

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 19:08
He's the epitome of "gear whore" status. ;):lol:

I can't seem to identify what series Gitzo he is using though... I think its a 5 series :lol:

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 19:11
I can't seem to identify what series Gitzo he is using though... I think its a 5 series :lol:
He uses a 5 series. I remember you gave me crap that you can't use a 5 series for landscpaes. :rolleyes: ;)

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 19:12
so Julian why don't you shoot panorama? I kinda agree with him that Panorama is the way to go for good landscape because we tend to see scenes that way...

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 19:13
He uses a 5 series. I remember you gave me crap that you can't use a 5 series for landscpaes. :rolleyes: ;)

but then in that video I posted above, he used a 1series near the beach too...
you buy that 5 series once you have that $40k digital back :p hehehe

I am not buying his NO PP crap though:lol:

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 19:19
but then in that video I posted above, he used a 1series near the beach too...
you buy that 5 series once you have that $40k digital back :p hehehe

I am not buying his NO PP crap though:lol:
Even if you scan film, you still have to do a bit of post processing. I think film is still a good medium even in the age of digital. ;)

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 19:22
Even if you scan film, you still have to do a bit of post processing. I think film is still a good medium even in the age of digital. ;)

yeah I agree.... its getting very expensive though... and he uses digital backs too, so why make your life harder with film? hehe

btw, did you download this codec already? its awesome... you can now view NEF/RAW files in windows 7 directly :lol:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26829

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 19:23
so Julian why don't you shoot panorama? I kinda agree with him that Panorama is the way to go for good landscape because we tend to see scenes that way...
I would love to but, I need to find out how I can scan it. I bet scanners for that type of film is very expensive. I need to do more research. There are landscape guys who left digital just do shoot MF film. :)

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 19:26
yeah I agree.... its getting very expensive though... and he uses digital backs too, so why make your life harder with film? hehe

btw, did you download this codec already? its awesome... you can now view NEF/RAW files in windows 7 directly :lol:

That's new. I'm using an older codec from them. Thanks! :)

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 19:28
I would love to but, I need to find out how I can scan it. I bet scanners for that type of film is very expensive. I need to do more research. There are landscape guys who left digital just do shoot MF film. :)

why can't you do a good Panorama on a digital back? or even a digital slr? :confused:

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 19:30
looks like new Nikon cameras will have built in GPS :lol: they are implementing it in their new coolpix..so why not in their slr :D

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 19:39
why can't you do a good Panorama on a digital back? or even a digital slr? :confused:
I'm not sure with a digi back but, you can with a DSLR.

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 19:44
I'm not sure with a digi back but, you can with a DSLR.

they said that 39mp digital back produces 250mb single raw file? :shock:

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 19:46
Tamron is packed and wrapped...I am giving away a Kenko UV filter, my old square filter holders and some adapter rings, and my 67mm-77mm step up ring too :lol:

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:00
they said that 39mp digital back produces 250mb single raw file? :shock:
Better have lots of storage! ;) It's nice to have a ton of data to work with and I could definitiely go to town with processing!

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:00
Monitor calibrator.... Huey Pro or Spyder express or Spyder pro? is it worth calibrating a TN panel?:lol:

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:02
Tamron is packed and wrapped...I am giving away a Kenko UV filter, my old square filter holders and some adapter rings, and my 67mm-77mm step up ring too :lol:
I just sold my BW 10 stop ND and my Singh Ray warming polariser to my friend. $90 for the 10 stop and $160.00 for the CPL. :D

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:04
Monitor calibrator.... Huey Pro or Spyder express or Spyder pro? is it worth calibrating a TN panel?:lol:
Get an IPS. You can pp on a TN but, the issues I have with that is working with the blacks. It's not very acccurate.

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:07
I just sold my BW 10 stop ND and my Singh Ray warming polariser to my friend. $90 for the 10 stop and $160.00 for the CPL. :D
I can't even imagine selling filters :lol: I dunno if its worth the hassle at all... luckily I don't have a lot as I went straight for Lee hehe

Get an IPS. You can pp on a TN but, the issues I have with that is working with the blacks. It's not very acccurate.

I am not sure I will get an IPS panel, if I do its definitely not gonna be soon :lol:

I am just thinking might as well grab a calibrator when I buy the Tripod from B&H to save on freight cost :D

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:08
Oops! Spyder Express or Pro is fine.

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:10
I can't even imagine selling filters :lol: I dunno if its worth the hassle at all... luckily I don't have a lot as I went straight for Lee hehe

I am not sure I will get an IPS panel, if I do its definitely not gonna be soon :lol:

I am just thinking might as well grab a calibrator when I buy the Tripod from B&H to save on freight cost :D
I already have my Singh Ray Color Combo and I haven't used any of my other screw on CPLs. I won't have to buy anything else for a long time. :)

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:15
Oops! Spyder Express or Pro is fine.

yeah express is just $66 :D I think I'm gonna go with that too :D Thanks

so this is how my cart looks like right now :D
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/wl/4107E35CC3

if the 3541LS drops a bit and the spider is just $66 when you add it to the cart, I will end up right about under $700 hehe

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:20
I already have my Singh Ray Color Combo and I haven't used any of my other screw on CPLs. I won't have to buy anything else for a long time. :)

I have decided to get Hitech on both reverse and 10 stop... I will buy it once I get the 16-35mm. :rolleyes: I have been saying that for almost 1 year now I know :oops::oops:

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:24

if the 3541LS drops a bit and the spider is just $66 when you add it to the cart, I will end up right about under $700 hehe
Your gtg then. :)
I have decided to get Hitech on both reverse and 10 stop... I will buy it once I get the 16-35mm. :rolleyes: I have been saying that for almost 1 year now I know
Hehe! :lol:;)

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:27
Your gtg then. :)

Hehe! :lol:;)

yes I am good to go :lol: but when I am done with the tamron transaction later I will go to the bank and and free up more funds... but it will only be available after 1 banking day, its friday already so the earliest would still be monday/tuesday.

so I still have to wait :rolleyes: :lol:

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:36
yes I am good to go :lol: but when I am done with the tamron transaction later I will go to the bank and and free up more funds... but it will only be available after 1 banking day, its friday already so the earliest would still be monday/tuesday.

You've been patient this long. So,waiting a few more years isn't that bad. ;):lol:

Where is everyone tonite?

Fricks

then 400 for q20;)

How do you know when your screen needs a check?

monk3y
I just checked local prices for the spider express and wow!!! they are like $150 hahahaha

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:38
You've been patient this long. So,waiting a few more years isn't that bad. ;):lol:

I dunno... I was spamming starting 2am today...so I am basically here for 7 hours now haha, Omar was here earlier.

I wanna complete this before October really, after this, I will only need a few more dollars for the 16-35mm and ballhead and brackets and filters...my goodness :lol:

then 400 for q20;)

How do you know when your screen needs a check?
your screen will always need calibration :D

if you don't want to second guess what Julian sees when he looks at your photo then use a calibrator haha

Fricks
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:40
your screen will always need calibration :D

if you don't want to second guess what Julian sees when he looks at your photo then use a calibrator haha

It cost money to calibrate your screen?

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:45

get the spyder 3 express for just $66 from B&H :D

Fricks
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:46
get the spyder 3 express for just $66 from B&H :D

i dont know:confused:

My screen does not look to bad.

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:47

did the print from Adorama look exactly the same as the photo on your screen?

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:50
The calibrator software that you install will prompt you to calibrate depending on how you set it up. I have the option to calibrate once a week/month. I set mine up to calibrate once a week.

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:54
The calibrator software that you install will prompt you to calibrate depending on how you set it up. I have the option to calibrate once a week/month. I set mine up to calibrate once a week.

where do you put the calibrator JD? Do you stick it in front of the monitor?

*sigh*
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:55
Woohoo, just got a ASUS GTX 570 CU II for $250. :D

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:58

wow!!! that's almost the price of the 560 :D

Blurr Cube
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:58
You have PM. My BiL shoots Nikon film and has been saying he'd get a DSLR for ages. I'm sure he'd appreciate it :{)#

So Steven, you gonna send it to Jon? :p

coz my skin is covered with thick fur

I have nothing to hide here nor do I have anything to be ashamed of... so yeah you guys know I can take a hit or two or three or a thousand

Yeah, but Famous prefers lizard skin now and is spending quality time with it. Heh.

yes, i picked it up and looked at it and some other ones as well, i hate tripods so just wanted to see what you were buying

Curiosity got to you, eh. ;)

until people notice that they were playing angry birds or something else at the time

People do all kinds of crazy things while driving: shaving, texting, make-up, crosswords... this is just another distraction... an accident waiting to happen. :rolleyes:

btw, did you download this codec already? its awesome... you can now view NEF/RAW files in windows 7 directly

Saw it linked/announced by different forum members on varying threads. Mostly in the PP section.

Tamron is packed and wrapped...I am giving away a Kenko UV filter, my old square filter holders and some adapter rings, and my 67mm-77mm step up ring too

Freebies... spare Nikon DSLR to be sent out next? ;)

An IPS would be nice. Way down on the list but at least it's on the list. Heh.

yeah express is just $66 I think I'm gonna go with that too :D Thanks

so this is how my cart looks like right now

What's the total with shipping?

Financial advisors say: DO IT!!! Heh.

Jill-of-all-Trades
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 20:59

I'm back! Had a baseball game. Time for a shower.

Blurr Cube
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:02

You two must be the filters expert... I'm consulting you two if I need to figure out what to get. ;)

On sale at Newegg? Nice. ;)

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:06
So Steven, you gonna send it to Jon? :p
no... he is giving it away :( haha

Yeah, but Famous prefers lizard skin now and is spending quality time with it. Heh.

I guess coz its smoother... I saw a real lizard(Butiki?) near her last night :( hehe

Freebies... spare Nikon DSLR to be sent out next? ;)

haha only if somebody would give me $2000, I will send this as gift :lol:

What's the total with shipping?

its free shipping to NJ, then from NJ to Cebu its about $7.50/lbs +$5 processing fee

I recon that package should be around 5-6lbs x $7.50 = $45 + $5 = $50. so mga P2,200-2500.

basically if I buy the spider express alone for $66 there, and pay $50 freight, It would still come out $40 cheaper haha

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:06

All monitors need calibration including laptops. What you don't know is that colors shift over time. Calibration is essential for accurate color.

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:07
where do you put the calibrator JD? Do you stick it in front of the monitor?
I usually stick it right in the middle of the monitor.

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:07
You two must be the filters expert... I'm consulting you two if I need to figure out what to get. ;)

On sale at Newegg? Nice. ;)

JD is the filter expert here :lol: I learned a lot from him...but I now have a very clear understanding of filters and what they do. I just don't have enough hands on experience with different brands...

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:09

You can ask me anything about filters when you're ready. Steven knows how much I invested over the years. ;)

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:09
I usually stick it right in the middle of the monitor.

ahh then remove it and put it on its stand so it could check for ambient variation?

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:13
ahh then remove it and put it on its stand so it could check for ambient variation?
Yup! You can also opt to do the auto and it will do the work for you. I've done both manual/auto and did not see the difference between the two. So, I just do the auto option most of the time and my prints come out exactly as I see it. :)

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:15
I'll go out first and meet the tamron buyer :D

Fricks
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:16
i have a offer for a TSE 24

What do you guys think? How sharp in this lens?

monk3y
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:16
Yup! You can also opt to do the auto and it will do the work for you. I've done both manual/auto and did not see the difference between the two. So, I just do the auto option most of the time and my prints come out exactly as I see it. :)

I see, I think the express doesn't allow Manual calibration... and according to most its more than good enough if I want to print at home or in 1 hour labs :D

Blurr Cube
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:19
no... he is giving it away :( haha

I guess coz its smoother... I saw a real lizard(Butiki?) near her last night :( hehe

haha only if somebody would give me $2000, I will send this as gift

its free shipping to NJ, then from NJ to Cebu its about $7.50/lbs +$5 processing fee

I recon that package should be around 5-6lbs x $7.50 = $45 + $5 = $50. so mga P2,200-2500.

basically if I buy the spider express alone for $66 there, and pay $50 freight, It would still come out $40 cheaper haha

Jon will be so disappointed. :(
Maybe the butiki is attracted to the watch strap... or maybe believes the watch strap was a relative. :p

Oh yeah, you mentioned you had a shipper in NJ.

All monitors need calibration including laptops. What you don't know is that colors shift over time. Calibration is essential for accurate color.

Aren't most laptop monitors limited on calibration? Mine can only do brightness and contrast, I think. :( Or does the calibration make the changes via software? :confused:

You can ask me anything about filters when you're ready. Steven knows how much I invested over the years. ;)

Cool. I don't really do landscapes but mostly family pics with landscape in the back. I figured filters can help with harsh light. I need to do more research so I can ask specific questions. :)

*sigh*
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:26
On sale at Newegg? Nice. ;)Nope, NIB from a friend :D

I really can't make up my mind if I want to buy this Raid 5 array... it just adds an extra 220 to my build price... I don't know if it's worth it.

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:29
Jon will be so disappointed. :(
Maybe the butiki is attracted to the watch strap... or maybe believes the watch strap was a relative. :p

Oh yeah, you mentioned you had a shipper in NJ.

Aren't most laptop monitors limited on calibration? Mine can only do brightness and contrast, I think. :( Or does the calibration make the changes via software? :confused:

Cool. I don't really do landscapes but mostly family pics with landscape in the back. I figured filters can help with harsh light. I need to do more research so I can ask specific questions. :)
The Spyder calibrator can do laptops. ;)

jdizzle
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:30
i have a offer for a TSE 24

What do you guys think? How sharp in this lens?
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-TS-E-24mm-f-3.5-L-Tilt-Shift-Lens-Review.aspx

Jill-of-all-Trades
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:33
Nope, NIB from a friend :D

I really can't make up my mind if I want to buy this Raid 5 array... it just adds an extra 220 to my build price... I don't know if it's worth it.

Can you add it later?

Fricks
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:36
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-TS-E-24mm-f-3.5-L-Tilt-Shift-Lens-Review.aspx

I know i have read many reviews:confused:

Blurr Cube
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:37
Nope, NIB from a friend :D

You mean the Raid controller is 220? You can live with connecting the drives straight to the motherboard instead then? :confused:

*sigh*
Can you add it later?
I can yes.

I think I may drop from 1.5TB cav blacks to 1tb cav blacks. That will save me $90 and still get the Raid 5. :)

*sigh*
You mean the Raid controller is 220? You can live with connecting the drives straight to the motherboard instead then? :confused:No, I would need 3 drives instead of 1. So that would be an extra $220 in drives. I would just use onboard raid.

My LR3 library just loads a bit slow... 250MB/s + read speeds and redundancy would be nice.

Blurr Cube
The Spyder calibrator can do laptops. ;)

Okay thanks... something to think about. Hmm... ;)

Jill-of-all-Trades
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:40
I can yes.

I think I may drop from 1.5TB cav blacks to 1tb cav blacks. That will save me $90 and still get the Raid 5. :)

No clue what this means. I know what a TB is... (and yes, I know it doesn't mean Tablespoon on this forum)

I also have no clue what Raid 5 is or what it does... :confused:

Blurr Cube
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:41
I can yes.

No, I would need 3 drives instead of 1. So that would be an extra $220 in drives. I would just use onboard raid.

My LR3 library just loads a bit slow... 250MB/s + read speeds and redundancy would be nice.

Sounds like you are going with: Use onboard raid with 3 x 1 TB drives. HD get cheaper over time too and they go on sale every so often. ;)

Blurr Cube
28th of July 2011 (Thu), 21:44
No clue what this means. I know what a TB is... (and yes, I know it doesn't mean Tablespoon on this forum)

I also have no clue what Raid 5 is or what it does... :confused:

"cav blacks" is short for "Caviar Black" a marketing name by hard drive manufacturer Western Digital.

Raid system allows Nick to connect the separate drives and makes the OS thinks it one huge drive instead of 3 different drives.