PDA

View Full Version : What do i shoot when its raining out?

KenjiS
8th of August 2011 (Mon), 00:05
......This

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6135/6019761510_2b4e4332ec_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kitsunetsukiphoto/6019761510/)
Fun in the Rain (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kitsunetsukiphoto/6019761510/) by Kenjis9965 (http://www.flickr.com/people/kitsunetsukiphoto/), on Flickr

f/2
1/4000
ISO200
EOS 7D + Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM

Hope its in the right spot...it is black and white and for me its an experiment...i wanted to see if i could freeze the rain, and what it would look like...The result in my opinion was..better than i expected..I originally thought the fact i had a Saturn as the "anchor" in the image was bad but i've come to reflect on it and realized that such a mundane ordinary car somehow makes this image better

I do think the title is inapropriate now that i've had time to -think- about this image and evaluate it more, I feel its a much more..somber and depressing image overall...

What do you guys think?

Busto
8th of August 2011 (Mon), 07:22
Love how you froze the rain, well done, but IMO the image would be so much stronger with no car in it. The street is a delightful scene, but the car is pretty... well, ugly. ;)

Nice contrasts!

KenjiS
8th of August 2011 (Mon), 09:18
Love how you froze the rain, well done, but IMO the image would be so much stronger with no car in it. The street is a delightful scene, but the car is pretty... well, ugly. ;)

Nice contrasts!

Maybe, Sadly my street doesnt get empty enough for that ;)

JTX
8th of August 2011 (Mon), 11:46
Nice shot, but how did you keep your camera dry!

KenjiS
8th of August 2011 (Mon), 11:50
Nice shot, but how did you keep your camera dry!

I didnt, My 7D is sitting in a bag of rice currently and im kinda hoping it comes er...back to life

First time its ever happened between my 30D and 7D actually

TheBurningCrown
8th of August 2011 (Mon), 12:08
I didnt, My 7D is sitting in a bag of rice currently and im kinda hoping it comes er...back to life
I was going to say - I thought your camera was dead! :(

I like the shot though; shows the real force of the water...

KenjiS
8th of August 2011 (Mon), 12:10
Yeah sadly its still in the rice, gonna pull it out tomarrow and try to see if it works... if not..well..

TheBurningCrown
8th of August 2011 (Mon), 12:16
Yeah sadly its still in the rice, gonna pull it out tomarrow and try to see if it works... if not..well..
I think the gods are telling you to go full-frame ;) :lol:.

KenjiS
8th of August 2011 (Mon), 12:32
I think the gods are telling you to go full-frame ;) :lol:.

Well the one decision i've made from this is im getting a beater camera, either a 1DII or 1Ds that can be used for these situations...As its less likely it will die and if it does its a less expensive camera to replace

TekHouse
8th of August 2011 (Mon), 15:02
Well the one decision i've made from this is im getting a beater camera, either a 1DII or 1Ds that can be used for these situations...As its less likely it will die and if it does its a less expensive camera to replace

Don't take this the wrong way..But..

I agree the shot would have been 100% better with no car as the main subject. Secondly, why risk a camera in that weather when the shot composition was so, dare I say it, average?

Beater or not, if you are going out in that, better make the shot comp. rock!

Having said all that.

The tonal quality in the background is awesome. Love everything about it except that car. :oops:

bongEstrella
8th of August 2011 (Mon), 15:33
Cool shot! Would probably be better with say, kids playing in the rain, instead of the car :)

KenjiS
8th of August 2011 (Mon), 16:46
Don't take this the wrong way..But..

I agree the shot would have been 100% better with no car as the main subject. Secondly, why risk a camera in that weather when the shot composition was so, dare I say it, average?

Beater or not, if you are going out in that, better make the shot comp. rock!

Having said all that.

The tonal quality in the background is awesome. Love everything about it except that car. :oops:

I know what you mean, im 50/50 on the entire thing, i like the car yet i hate it, As for the composition, i could barely see sadly so i was doing the best i could lol... Flimsy excuses i know, and i do wish the shot was better somehow...and im thinking of how to improve on it the next time the weather gets that bad...Besides somehow wrapping up the 7D in something...

Cool shot! Would probably be better with say, kids playing in the rain, instead of the car :)

That here would probubly get the police called on me sadly.... As it is i dont dare go near the park at the end of the street (Which has trees and birds) because last time i did i got 5 police cruisers called on my arse......

And dont worry, I got my 7D back to life now

SgtBourne
8th of August 2011 (Mon), 23:09
I actually love the car being the main subject.. It looks lonely and upset.

Awesome photo mate.

LONDON808
9th of August 2011 (Tue), 02:12
i think it would look emoty without the car - that being said

it would look awsome if there was a little kit in a sports uniform sitting on the curb soaked (waitinbg to be picked up)

Apollo.11
9th of August 2011 (Tue), 02:15
I wish it would rain down here in Texas :(

RadAL
10th of August 2011 (Wed), 01:36
i think maybe you should have moved back about 100 feet, have the car in the frame but just further back and more off to the side? win win?

KenjiS
10th of August 2011 (Wed), 01:42
i think maybe you should have moved back about 100 feet, have the car in the frame but just further back and more off to the side? win win?

Something to keep in mind for next time at least ;)