PDA

View Full Version : First shot at food photography: C&C please

Joe.Recon
20th of November 2011 (Sun), 04:54
Please C&C

For this session, I did not have a choice of location or set up. The owner was specific in his demands: he wanted the food in his plates, on his tables, with his utensils, his chairs in background and nothing hiding the walls. I was very limited so I concentrated on the subject only. Please keep this in mind.

http://www.joelguindon.com/BusinessandCommercial/Restaurant/i-W4cvGkN/0/XL/Moules1-XL.jpg

rbrosseau
20th of November 2011 (Sun), 07:43
I like it. The only comment I would have is about that rectangular white shape in the background. Seems to be a wine bottle label. I would have perhaps scavenged something to offset the sombre colors of the rest of the photo (of course, something found in the owner`s shop!) Mayby something yellowish to tye in with the yellow spots on the mussels

tomcat7886
20th of November 2011 (Sun), 09:27
I would say that your camera and lense do not have focusing issues. :)

Joe.Recon
23rd of November 2011 (Wed), 01:57
I like it. The only comment I would have is about that rectangular white shape in the background. Seems to be a wine bottle label. I would have perhaps scavenged something to offset the sombre colors of the rest of the photo (of course, something found in the owner`s shop!) Mayby something yellowish to tye in with the yellow spots on the mussels

Sound advice. I'll keep that in mind for my next shoot.

I would say that your camera and lense do not have focusing issues. :)

Glad you can see that ! I micro adjusted the lens !