PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Section

Dj Silver
21st of January 2012 (Sat), 12:48
Hi, as a newbie I'm learning my way around the forum.

I was wondering (after just a few weeks here :) ) if the for sale/ wanted section could be split in USA & Canada, Uk, Europe etc.

It seems 99% of the adverts I look at will not ship outside of the States and I fully understand and accept that.

I need to search in a section that is UK based.

Just a thought, not wanting to create bad karma :D

Thanks

Simon.

DunnoWhen
21st of January 2012 (Sat), 13:27
The convention in the forum is to place, within the title of the item for sale, where the item is for sale

e.g.

FS [UK] - Canon 70-200 f4L
FS [CONUS] - Canon 70-200 f4L

etc.

I therefore start my search of the thread title with "FS UK”

boerewors
21st of January 2012 (Sat), 19:04
I would aggree to sub dividing the for sale section into countries. I cant go through tons of advert looking for which ones are from my part of the world.

Jon
21st of January 2012 (Sat), 20:16
When you going to stop subdividing it, though? We don't have a whole lot of members from Lichtenstein or Zimbabwe, for instance. Where do they look?

Speedster159
21st of January 2012 (Sat), 21:53
How about show some love for asia? :P

I just noticed that the sell section sells stuff fast...

Just saw a 17-40mm L Sold in less than.. 9 hours.

Anke
21st of January 2012 (Sat), 21:55
What about people who ship worldwide? :)

I like it the way it is but wish people would use the [UK]/[US] naming in the post title.

Speedster159
21st of January 2012 (Sat), 22:00
What about people who ship worldwide? :)

I like it the way it is but wish people would use the [UK]/[US] naming in the post title.

I would only buy equipment that is cheaper than brand new with shipping thou.

Like the price of it + shipping. Must not = a brand new unit.

Anke
21st of January 2012 (Sat), 22:11
I would only buy equipment that is cheaper than brand new with shipping thou.

Like the price of it + shipping. Must not = a brand new unit.

I don't think that is in question here. It's the point that the OP wants to be able to find items by their location a bit easier.

Speedster159
21st of January 2012 (Sat), 22:15
I don't think that is in question here. It's the point that the OP wants to be able to find items by their location a bit easier.

Well i can also buy US only.

Since i have family that can accept the package. And test it out (someone has a t1i) and someone goes back to the Philippines every now and then anyways.

PhotosGuy
21st of January 2012 (Sat), 23:08
Searching the forums using Boolean operators (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1139778)

halitime
22nd of January 2012 (Sun), 00:04
If you look through the sell section every day it takes about three minutes if that and you can search within !!

boerewors
22nd of January 2012 (Sun), 04:46
How about subdividing by continent? And then have a worldwide section for people who can do that? I know if there is an asia section i will definately check in often to see whats available.

Speedster159
22nd of January 2012 (Sun), 07:01
How about subdividing by continent? And then have a worldwide section for people who can do that? I know if there is an asia section i will definately check in often to see whats available.

Definitely. The sale section should be divided. And the main sale section showing all sales.

Or at least use [US] [Asia] etc.

Skip Souza
22nd of January 2012 (Sun), 11:21
Pekka is currently coding new forum software that will address many of your desires.
The release date has not been set because unlike certain major software companies, he wants it to be right rather than be quick. Until that occurs there will be no major changes in the structure of the MarketPlace.

All things happen in the fullness of time.

Dj Silver
22nd of January 2012 (Sun), 11:30
Pekka is currently coding new forum software that will address many of your desires.
The release date has not been set because unlike certain major software companies, he wants it to be right rather than be quick. Until that occurs there will be no major changes in the structure of the MarketPlace.

All things happen in the fullness of time.

Brill thanks.

My thoughts were you could have maybe, a 'ship worldwide' section then by continent.

So, being UK based if I am willing to ship anywhere in the world then I would post in the 'Worldwide' section. However, if I am only willing to ship in the UK then I post in the 'UK only' section.

MDJAK
22nd of January 2012 (Sun), 18:39
When you going to stop subdividing it, though? We don't have a whole lot of members from Lichtenstein or Zimbabwe, for instance. Where do they look?

then a recruitment drive in that part of the world is necessary, and I elect you, Jon, and in fact promote you to head recruiter. You'll fly out in the a.m. :lol:

Jon
22nd of January 2012 (Sun), 20:19
then a recruitment drive in that part of the world is necessary, and I elect you, Jon, and in fact promote you to head recruiter. You'll fly out in the a.m. :lol:

Soon as you get me my prepaid airline tickets and the hotel/restaurant/bar vouchers . . .

philwillmedia
23rd of January 2012 (Mon), 04:32
We need a section especially for Nigeria...
There's alway lots of interesting stuff for sale there - and cheap too.

tommykjensen
23rd of January 2012 (Mon), 05:28
We need a section especially for Nigeria...

No that section is not needed as you already got it, just for you personally. Just look in your favorite mail spam/junk box :lol:

As Jon already said new forum software is in the works and that includes a much improved marketplace secion. This means that nothing will be changed in the current setup.