PDA

View Full Version : Red Ring Tupperware Party, Clown Hunting (21)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

tupper
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 09:45
Yes it does. I'm afraid to ask, but inquiring minds want to know...Tupperware Party Sheep? Care to tell us the story behind your title?

Long story involving a certain title fairy..

I have a cat named Tupper (and not because of this thread, either).

Must be an awesome cat

Woolburr
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 09:49
If it involves sheep....you can expect somebody has been in too close proximity to Sam.

thomascanty
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 09:59
Must be an awesome cat

He is. He's an ENORMOUS Maine Coon. Biggest house cat I've ever known.

*sigh*
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 10:12
Good Morning Tuppers... and Tupper...

Kristy
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 10:19
Peek..... weird to see a "tupper" at a "tuppweware party" .... I'm still trying ot figure out what a tupperware party is and why....

My own sick kiddo sleeping on the couch (not vomit luckily), and 2 of my daycare kids are out with the vomit flu... good times... So GLAD it's Friday! Hopefully if the others catch it, it will happen over the weekend and not on my watch.. I hate cleaning up that mess, and it's especially worse from another person's child... yuck!

What's the exciting weekend plan?

burnet44
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 10:36
ouch Kristy
I would hurl cleaning it up

more baseball and softball games
Im shooting all I can

thomascanty
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 10:39
I'm still trying ot figure out what a tupperware party is and why....

Really? You've never heard of a Tupperware party? :shock:

Skrim17
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 10:40
We had planned on having a birthday party for our cat tomorrow, with the kids making home made toys for the local shelter cats. But my kid is home with a sore throat and mucho congestion so we will have to cancel...

Belmondo
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 11:37
Sorry to hear about all the sick kids.

All my kids are healthy, and will never have a sick day in their entire non-existent lives.

FlyingPhotog
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 11:48
Moorning...

No sheep here but I am getting shorne. Time for a high and tight haircut for summer!

Timphoto
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 11:58
What's the exciting weekend plan?

Exciting weekend plans:

Finish getting over the remnants of this nasty bug I caught earlier in the week.

Nurse lame donkey with small abscess in hoof back to health.

:shock: oops! you said "exciting" didn't you.... carry on, nothing happening here...:cry:

gjl711
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 12:03
Really? You've never heard of a Tupperware party? :shock:I remember as a kid my mom would host tupperware parties.

Lore
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 12:08
my mom would have them too... tho I just remember sitting there playing with it all... I liked the travel cups that could collapse flat... I carried it around with me... I always had my own cup when I went to friends houses... their moms probably thought I was wacko :lol:

Timphoto
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 12:18
We couldn't afford Tupperware when I grew up. I do recall my mother used discarded plastic 35mm film containers to hold cheerios for my baby brother when we were out and about. That was about as close to tupperware as she got back then.

Chet
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 12:25
Off to prepare for vacation. Flight leaves tomorrow from O'Hare at 9:30, should be on the beach by 1:00. I know you'll miss me.

Lore
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 12:27
that's not many cheerios, pantyhoe eggs... now those were fun to play with... & the 'premium' pantyhoe eggs were gold... those were straight from the golden goose ;) those held only the most prized possessions... now they are made out of cardboard... stupid panyhoe company... :rolleyes: ;)

Kristy
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 12:29
ouch Kristy
I would hurl cleaning it up

more baseball and softball games
Im shooting all I can

crossing my fingers that no one gets sick until after they go home today.... lol.. ;)

Have fun at sports madness! :0

Really? You've never heard of a Tupperware party?

Well yeah, but not in a virtual format...:p whose selling tupperware around here anyway? lol... ;)

We had planned on having a birthday party for our cat tomorrow, with the kids making home made toys for the local shelter cats. But my kid is home with a sore throat and mucho congestion so we will have to cancel...

Blah.... :(

Sorry to hear about all the sick kids.

All my kids are healthy, and will never have a sick day in their entire non-existent lives.

:lol:

Exciting weekend plans:

Finish getting over the remnants of this nasty bug I caught earlier in the week.

Nurse lame donkey with small abscess in hoof back to health.

oops! you said "exciting" didn't you.... carry on, nothing happening here...

It's just the wrong kind of excitement.. I'll be cleaning my house... and sanitizing the daycare room... fun fun fun!

I remember as a kid my mom would host tupperware parties.

I have a vague recollection of that... ;)

burnet44
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 12:30
I think they host different kinda parties now
lol

Kristy
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 12:31
We couldn't afford Tupperware when I grew up. I do recall my mother used discarded plastic 35mm film containers to hold cheerios for my baby brother when we were out and about. That was about as close to tupperware as she got back then.

I think my mom bout it sparingly just because my aunt pressured her into it. My aunt had tons... we had the cheap knock off stuff..and we used a LOT of baggies! I guess I'll always be a "rubbermaid" kind of gal..:lol::lol:

Off to prepare for vacation. Flight leaves tomorrow from O'Hare at 9:30, should be on the beach by 1:00. I know you'll miss me.

ahhhhhhh...... got any room in your suitcase for a stow-away?

that's not many cheerios, pantyhoe eggs... now those were fun to play with... & the 'premium' pantyhoe eggs were gold... those were straight from the golden goose ;) those held only the most prized possessions... now they are made out of cardboard... stupid panyhoe company... :rolleyes: ;)

too funny! My grandma had some of those eggs!

Lore
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 12:31
I think they host different kinda parties now
lol

those are alot more entertaining :lol:

Kristy
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 12:33
^^^:lol::lol: Now we know your secret! ;)

burnet44
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 12:33
they are huh?

have fun Chet
Im jealous

FlyingPhotog
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 12:59
Tupperware parties never involved D Cell batteries though...

Lore
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 13:05
I would imagine not. I could be wrong, but I would imagine spouses at home were not as excited to try out the Tupperware as they are to try out products that spice up what goes on in the bedroom :eek: ;)

burnet44
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 13:11
lol
I guess we aint talking about storage in the bedroom huh lol

Lore
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 13:15
really tho... do they still do tupperware parties? I should google it... way better than that disposable stuff. lol.

burnet44
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 13:25
guess it depends on which one

maybe disposable D's huh lol

Belmondo
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 13:29
Mothers Day gift suggestions (http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=as8kgedab&v=001FD0CiKT5DjrfzOcgDRkNNBd4tYgVTtP7N7vMqPIQQeH-Mm6W6lAPZNNosCRyzZeYh28DQgqmwEPDEd8rOGlcgp_Xe0HyoA qaXlF9nSMdGGu9cBX7B98G2JXkWWb-eH1EJI5183mO-UD2va6yhv1OxvzRupl7HMzvbiPLncyNdnA%3D)

FlyingPhotog
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 13:30
Happy Star Wars Day...

May the 4th be with you! ;)

Woolburr
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 13:30
really tho... do they still do tupperware parties? I should google it... way better than that disposable stuff. lol.

Yep...they sure do. One of the neighbors is a Tupperware distributor. Still holds parties a couple times a week. I'm a big Tupperware fan....the stuff is bulletproof!

Chet
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 13:50
Mothers Day gift suggestions (http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=as8kgedab&v=001FD0CiKT5DjrfzOcgDRkNNBd4tYgVTtP7N7vMqPIQQeH-Mm6W6lAPZNNosCRyzZeYh28DQgqmwEPDEd8rOGlcgp_Xe0HyoA qaXlF9nSMdGGu9cBX7B98G2JXkWWb-eH1EJI5183mO-UD2va6yhv1OxvzRupl7HMzvbiPLncyNdnA%3D)

For the mom who has everything ...

FlyingPhotog
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 13:51
For the mom who has everything ...

...and knows how to properly guard it!

Woolburr
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 13:51
Not every day that you get a shot like this. http://a.abcnews.com/images/Technology/cn_praying_mantis_bike_wy_ss_120412_ssh.jpg

FlyingPhotog
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 13:53
Not every day that you get a shot like this. http://a.abcnews.com/images/Technology/cn_praying_mantis_bike_wy_ss_120412_ssh.jpg

That's pretty awesome!

So, where's that "Epic Fail" thread when you need it?
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1181243

Woolburr
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 13:58
The poor girl got ripped a new one. Bet she has a spare card from here on out.

What was even more comic was the number of fools that aren't aware that some cameras do have internal memory. I can see why someone that just stepped up from a P&S might expect a more expensive and technologically advanced camera to have similar on board storage.

Woolburr
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 14:03
We had a new member of our WNC photo group this week experience a card failure in his brand new noink. He checked his spare card holster that is always on his strap....discovered it was empty. Unfortunately, he didn't say anything to anyone until he got home. There were a number of cards available for loan.

Timphoto
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 15:24
The poor girl got ripped a new one. Bet she has a spare card from here on out.

What was even more comic was the number of fools that aren't aware that some cameras do have internal memory. I can see why someone that just stepped up from a P&S might expect a more expensive and technologically advanced camera to have similar on board storage.

They could have been a bit kinder to her.

My X-100 has internal memory and can take about two dozen jpeg shots without a card in it.

Lore
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 15:27
my kids already gave me my Mothers Day Present. Tho I am sure I will be given some wonderful home made cards on the actual day ;)

http://365bylore.blogspot.com/2012/04/day-116-yoda.html

BTW May the 4th Be With You. Happy Star Wars Day!

http://www.starwars.com/

gjl711
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 15:54
Not every day that you get a shot like this.WOW!!!!

burnet44
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 15:58
http://shopruger.com/images/19967_L.jpg

great gift

Jill-of-all-Trades
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 16:24
37 minutes left until I can turn off the lights, lock the door and get out of here! Another day with the manager gone for most of the time so it was pretty nuts for most of the day. His kid broke her other ankle (has just recently got out of the cast from breaking one ankle) on Monday night. Last night she was crying all night that her cast was hurting her. Took her in today and when they cut the cast off they found that she had moved her foot before it was set and put a big wrinkle in it right overtop of her foot. I'd cry all night too if I had that digging into my foot. So the manager was gone for several hours this morning and then he always takes Friday afternoons off, so I've spent most of the day doing computer/customer service work. Not my idea of fun. And I have to work tomorrow too. Which means being here with the place opened up by 7:30am :(

And the minute the boss steps out the door the phone starts ringing and people start walking through the door. While he was away this morning we had a steady stream of people so I didn't do any work in the shop, as soon as he came back everyone disappeared and there was no work left to do :confused:

burnet44
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 16:31
you need a new boss

vipergts831
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 16:35
That's pretty awesome!

http://www.maintitles.net/gfx/smileys/facepalm.gif

Jill-of-all-Trades
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 16:48
you need a new boss

That's not going to happen. His father owns the dealership. It's not bad, he's usually here all the time, just takes Friday afternoons off. He always opens in the morning, and we open at 7:30, and then 3 nights a week stays till 6pm when we close. One night a week he leaves around 5pm, and leaves at 1pm on Fridays. He's just had a ton of family stuff this week to deal with. I don't complain when someone has to take their 10 year old daughter to the hospital to deal with broken bones.

I have just started learning the computer system and this week has been incredibly busy, so it's been trial by fire for learning this system.

Woolburr
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 18:41
They say experience is the best teacher. :lol:

Kristy
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 20:14

hmmmmmm.... I find those to be interesting suggestions.... I'll kindly pass and settle for a hand drawn piece of artwork from my kiddos and maybe a little square of dark chocolate.. ;)

Very cool! :)

That's pretty awesome!

Wow....! I can totally understand her thinking the camera had an internal memory.. but what the heck is she doing shooting a portrait session when she hasn't learned how to properly use the camera? I would have read the manual at least once before experimenting on a live subject. ;)

Poor lady....

my kids already gave me my Mothers Day Present. Tho I am sure I will be given some wonderful home made cards on the actual day ;)

http://365bylore.blogspot.com/2012/04/day-116-yoda.html

BTW May the 4th Be With You. Happy Star Wars Day!

http://www.starwars.com/

Nice little gift.. he can travel around in your purse wherever you go... very thoughful of your kiddos to pass him along to you. :)

That's not going to happen. His father owns the dealership. It's not bad, he's usually here all the time, just takes Friday afternoons off. He always opens in the morning, and we open at 7:30, and then 3 nights a week stays till 6pm when we close. One night a week he leaves around 5pm, and leaves at 1pm on Fridays. He's just had a ton of family stuff this week to deal with. I don't complain when someone has to take their 10 year old daughter to the hospital to deal with broken bones.

I have just started learning the computer system and this week has been incredibly busy, so it's been trial by fire for learning this system.

On the bright side.. Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo... so you have a valid excuse to eat chips and salsa and over indulge in a margarita...

Woolburr
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 21:47
Everyone must be out taking pictures of the moon.

gjl711
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 22:07
Everyone must be out taking pictures of the moon.
Not here. totally cloudy. :( It was nice all day an we even had a decent sunset, then the clouds just rolled in. :(

Woolburr
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 22:16
We had strange clouds last night. The moon was obscured from sharp visibility, but you could make out the disc and the very visible ring that completely encircled it. I never could find a good spot to get a clear shot though.

Jill-of-all-Trades
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 22:18
Shining brightly here, which means my room is rather absent of darkness... But must sleep... Have to be at work early, which means leaving the house before I am normally up.
:(

gjl711
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 22:21
We had strange clouds last night. The moon was obscured from sharp visibility, but you could make out the disc and the very visible ring that completely encircled it. I never could find a good spot to get a clear shot though.
Moon dogs. We get those a lot. Lots of water in the air around here.

thomascanty
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 22:23
Moon dogs. We get those a lot. Lots of water in the air around here.

I've seen that several times since I moved to Palmdale, too. Pretty cool looking.

burnet44
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 22:31
cloudy here
I think sunday 10 pm maybe?
Moon is supposed to be the closest to the earth and brightest
correct if wrong

Timphoto
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 22:51
It's a clear night here and the moon is up about 20 degrees over the horizon. Might be time to dust off the 100-400 and some extenders and see what we can get. Although I keep reading that full moons don't lend themselves to the best contrast shots. Sorta like shooting at high moon. ;-)

Woolburr
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 22:53
I had to chuckle about moondogs. Growing up, one of our local "colors" was Moondog (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moondog). Most people knew him as Tom Hardin. He owned a simple little cabin with no modern conveniences about 2 miles out of town. Tom always dressed in his Viking regalia and scared the living daylights out of many a small child.

thomascanty
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 22:58
There's going to be a partial solar eclipse later this month, but it will only be visible in this state to those in the northern part. Too bad it happens after I return from my trip to Northern California... LINKY (http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogle/SEgoogle2001/SE2012May20Agoogle.html)

burnet44
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 23:00
figures

burnet44
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 23:02
I did step aerobics for the first time in 2 years it wasnt pretty
i sucked and not in a good way
even my hair hurts now

Timphoto
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 23:09
There's going to be a partial solar eclipse later this month, but it will only be visible in this state to those in the northern part. Too bad it happens after I return from my trip to Northern California... LINKY (http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogle/SEgoogle2001/SE2012May20Agoogle.html)

Bummer - the path is NE of us.

thomascanty
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 23:11
Bummer - the path is NE of us.

It's actually a little NE of Cameron Park, where I'll be staying, too. But, I usually head over the border to into Carson City/Reno/Virginia City at least once when I do these trips, and that's right in the center of the path.

Oh well... Maybe next time.

Timphoto
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 23:26
I need to get over to Reno and take care of some business. Maybe I can combine a little fun with a business trip on the 20th.

thomascanty
4th of May 2012 (Fri), 23:28
Sounds like a plan to me!

Woolburr
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 00:17
http://www.frogdawg.com/img/s3/v40/p543140245-4.jpg (http://www.frogdawg.com/p877953533/e205fa995)

Nearly full. Should have broken out the tripod. 588mm handheld isn't crystal clear.

thomascanty
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 00:26
You did that handheld? :shock:

burnet44
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 00:30
wow

Woolburr
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 01:04
You did that handheld? :shock:

With a flash bracket and 580EX onboard too. 7D, Canon 1.4x TC, Tamron 1.4x TC and Canon EF 300 f/4 L IS.

thomascanty
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 01:12
With a flash bracket and 580EX onboard too. 7D, Canon 1.4x TC, Tamron 1.4x TC and Canon EF 300 f/4 L IS.

I'm impressed!

Woolburr
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 01:14
I swear....sometimes I forget I own tripods.

thomascanty
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 01:15
I tuned into the late evening news a few minutes ago to find my workplace as the lead story. Apparently there was some kind of fight in one of the patient rooms between the patient and his visitors. Weapons were involved, and the whole campus was put on lock down, with police searching all vehicles leaving the hospital.

I sure am glad I wasn't there! I'm enjoying my vacation so far and dreading my eventual return...

Woolburr
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 01:17
Sounds like you picked the right day for vacation!

*sigh*
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 01:26
Picked up some Michter's Straight Rye tonight. It's delicious!

Woolburr
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 01:29
I prefer Publix cracked wheat. ;)

CrazieCricket
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 01:35
Need a big store for those boxes Pea!
Nahhhh. Walgreens sells them and they aren't a big store. ;):lol:

Woolburr
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 01:47
With over 6,000 stores.....they qualify as big. :lol:

Woolburr
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 01:48
http://www.frogdawg.com/img/s3/v42/p602245537-4.jpg (http://www.frogdawg.com/p445521266/e23e589a1)

Woolburr
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 01:49
I need to find some volunteers to take off their clothes and dance in the park tomorrow night. Seems like a great photo op. Moonlit nudes!

thomascanty
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 01:56
Uh... Methinks this would be a good time for me to say g'night, and go to bed...

:shock:

Woolburr
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 02:09
Nudes are scary?

CrazieCricket
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 03:08
Nudes are scary?
If they look like me they are! :lol:

gjl711
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 07:24
Whoa.. nekid talk killed the thread.

Woolburr
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 07:25
scary, huh?

gjl711
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 07:31
I've never found them scary but that's just me. Evidently I'm in the minority.

Woolburr
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 07:46
Guess we are a minority of two!

Lore
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 08:02
certainly such a moon must bring out the 'butt in the moon beam shot' ... it is your mission.

Timphoto
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 08:02
Nearly full. Should have broken out the tripod. 588mm handheld isn't crystal clear.

No tripod? wow! very impressive.

I tuned into the late evening news a few minutes ago to find my workplace as the lead story. Apparently there was some kind of fight in one of the patient rooms between the patient and his visitors. Weapons were involved, and the whole campus was put on lock down, with police searching all vehicles leaving the hospital.

I sure am glad I wasn't there! I'm enjoying my vacation so far and dreading my eventual return...

Like Dan said - you picked a good day to be on vacation.

I need to find some volunteers to take off their clothes and dance in the park tomorrow night. Seems like a great photo op. Moonlit nudes!

I've looked in the mirror - no delusions here about *any* photo ops whatsoever. :lol: ;-)

I've never found them scary but that's just me. Evidently I'm in the minority.

1979 - august - full moon - nekkid little 5'1" 90 pound gal on PCP running down a country road - she *almost* took out 4 linebacker size deputy's before we got her under control.

I was very scared.

Woolburr
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 08:18
certainly such a moon must bring out the 'butt in the moon beam shot' ... it is your mission.

Unless we have a dramatic shift in the weather, it won't happen. Pouring rain. :(

Timphoto
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 08:42
Too bad about the rain, Dan. If you jump on a plane, you should be able to make it here by sunset. ;-)

Woolburr
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 08:48
My Gulfstream is in for service!

Belmondo
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 09:08
Good morning all. TGIF.

Chief you're quite the road warrior. I was scheduled for a day conference down in the East Bay, but decided to stay put since I'm not 100% and I don't think I could have handle 4 hours of driving in commute traffic on top of the conference itself. That would have been a 12 hour day and probably made me sick again.
You can use one of mine.

We drove to LA and back yesterday, and ended up spending almost as much time on the road as we did when we made our overnight trip to the bay area and back. Friday traffic in Los Angeles is something special.

gjl711
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 09:43
Unless we have a dramatic shift in the weather, it won't happen. Pouring rain. :(Slow drizzle here but totally socked in.

burnet44
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 09:48
summer has started a balmy 98 here today

burnet44
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 09:59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5JqPxmYhlo

gjl711
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 10:00
My Gulfstream is in for service!
G4?

Woolburr
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 10:19
G550

gjl711
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 10:27
showoff

Woolburr
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 10:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5JqPxmYhlo

Bunch of Cornell students. They frequently played a club called the Salty Dog in Ithaca during the 70s.

Woolburr
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 10:33
showoff

Go first class or stay home!

Belmondo
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 10:35
Mine's a Spad XIII. It might take a little longer to get here.

Jill-of-all-Trades
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 10:35
55 minutes left to go....

I swear we should keep a psychiatrist on staff, especially on Saturdays. :confused:

Belmondo
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 10:39

I swear we should keep a psychiatrist on staff, especially on Saturdays. :confused:

The doctor is in. How might I help you? (in best bedside manner)

Timphoto
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 10:42

For the staff or the customers? ;)

Jill-of-all-Trades
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 10:45
The doctor is in. How might I help you? (in best bedside manner)

There are crazy people here! They come in with wild demands and tales of imaginary noises and smells and young, skinny ruffians pulling wires out from under their cars. I can't make them go away!!

Jill-of-all-Trades
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 10:46
For the staff or the customers? ;)

Both. Customers first, then the staff. A person goes absolutely bonkers trying to keep these dilusional people satisfied. And I am at 52 hours of work this week... I'm tired.

burnet44
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 10:54
hang in there

Timphoto
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 10:57
Both. Customers first, then the staff. A person goes absolutely bonkers trying to keep these dilusional people satisfied. And I am at 52 hours of work this week... I'm tired.

You're young - 52 hours should be a cake walk!

Belmondo
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 11:09
There are crazy people here! They come in with wild demands and tales of imaginary noises and smells and young, skinny ruffians pulling wires out from under their cars. I can't make them go away!!

A necklace of garlic cloves should do the trick.

Timphoto
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 11:24
Nothing like a practical solution, eh Tom?

gjl711
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 11:27
My normal week is 60+ and I'm tired as well. :(

Belmondo
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 11:31
Nothing like a practical solution, eh Tom?

I've never actually tried it, but it's supposed to work. I think I was it in a movie.

Belmondo
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 11:31
My normal week is 60+ and I'm tired as well. :(

And 58 of those 60 hours are on Tuesday, right? :lol:

burnet44
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 11:37
One of the kids i coached
died today
I just heard about it
he was 20

be careful all out there

Funeral is Monday

Belmondo
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 11:43
died today
I just heard about it
he was 20

be careful all out there

Funeral is Monday

Sad. Waaaaay too young.

gjl711
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 12:02
And 58 of those 60 hours are on Tuesday, right? :lol:Sure seems like it.

gjl711
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 12:03
died today
I just heard about it
he was 20

be careful all out there

Funeral is Monday
So sad.

burnet44
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 12:16
well I got info
wasnt drugs or car wreck

anneurysm

Timphoto
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 12:26
Sorry to hear that.

burnet44
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 12:28
thanks

gjl711
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 12:34
When I was in high school we were wrestling a local rival. I had just finished my match and the heavy weights were next. My friend and training partner was wrestling the kid from the other school. In the second period he got the advantage, took the kid down and pinned him. The kid never got up. He also died of an aneurysm. It devastated my friend even though he was not responsible. He got the nickname "Killer" and though it was used not in mean-ness, it was used all the time. Several months later my friend committed suicide. No one knows if it was related to the wrestling incident but it sure didn't help. Later we found out that the kid from the other school had forged his doctors authorization form and even his parents didn't know he was wrestling.

Timphoto
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 12:54
If you're into views of the SF Bay area from the air, and airships, and some unique views of Alcatraz, check this out.

AIRSHIP EUREKA (http://home.comcast.net/~bzee1b/Zeppelin/Zeppelin.html)

DIsclaimer: Nikon shooter. ;-)

thomascanty
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 13:35
If you're into views of the SF Bay area from the air, and airships, and some unique views of Alcatraz, check this out.

AIRSHIP EUREKA (http://home.comcast.net/~bzee1b/Zeppelin/Zeppelin.html)

DIsclaimer: Nikon shooter. ;-)

Very nice gallery! It looks like it'd be a lot of fun to take that flight. I have GOT to get back to San Francisco again sometime soon.

Kristy
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 13:53
Very nice gallery! It looks like it'd be a lot of fun to take that flight. I have GOT to get back to San Francisco again sometime soon.

Me too! I think Tim is hosting a weekend get-together for all of us soon. ;) Since he lives on the scenic corridor and all, I figured it would be cool if we all camped out on his front lawn... tents and fire-pits required. I'll bring the s'mores and some cosmopolitans. We can do light painting with flashlights at night, and spend a couple of days walking around San Fran, and hit Bodega for the sunsets... and finally land up at a place like Hawk Hill for the night scenes of the bridge...

Thanks for putting it all together for us Tim... :lol::lol: (I kid, I kid... lol.)

Now back to my cleaning... I'm sanitizing the entire toy room top to bottom today... the off to a BBQ where the men are having a "cook off" of their favorite kind of meat.. which means ribs, tri-tip, steaks, and who knows what else... (I'm sure there will be a margarita or two floating around too...and some home-made salsa to go with the tortilla chips! )

thomascanty
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 14:05
Me too! I think Tim is hosting a weekend get-together for all of us soon. ;) Since he lives on the scenic corridor and all, I figured it would be cool if we all camped out on his front lawn... tents and fire-pits required. I'll bring the s'mores and some cosmopolitans. We can do light painting with flashlights at night, and spend a couple of days walking around San Fran, and hit Bodega for the sunsets... and finally land up at a place like Hawk Hill for the night scenes of the bridge..

Awesome! Thanks Tim!!! :):D:):D

Now back to my cleaning...

When you're finished, how about coming over here and spiffing up my place a bit?

*sigh*
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 14:30
Who here uses Eneloops?

If so what charger do you use? I'm looking at the La Crosse BC700 and the Maha C9000. Trying to decide if the $50 Maha is worth the premium over the $32 LaCrosse.

thomascanty
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 14:40
I don't have any Eneloops, but I do have plenty of other brand name rechargeable batteries. The charger I use is a La Crosse BC900 I bought three or four years ago. I tried a few other AA and AAA chargers, and this one is by far the best I ever used.

Chet
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 14:41
Who here uses Eneloops?

I use mostly business envelopes when I send things out.

thomascanty
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 14:42
I use mostly business envelopes when I send things out.

Do you have any manila Eneloops?

Timphoto
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 14:45
Me too! I think Tim is hosting a weekend get-together for all of us soon. ;) Since he lives on the scenic corridor and all, I figured it would be cool if we all camped out on his front lawn... tents and fire-pits required. I'll bring the s'mores and some cosmopolitans. We can do light painting with flashlights at night, and spend a couple of days walking around San Fran, and hit Bodega for the sunsets... and finally land up at a place like Hawk Hill for the night scenes of the bridge...

Thanks for putting it all together for us Tim... :lol::lol: (I kid, I kid... lol.)

Sounds like it could be fun. Maybe I should attend the Sixth Annual Dwight & Marna POTN BBQ (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1156569) in Santa Barbara to learn how it's done?

We could call it the ---Annual Josephine & Sunny POTN BBQ ?

As long as you're careful where you pitch the tents and dig the firepit, I don't think Sunny and Josephine would mind sharing the pasture. :D

*sigh*
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 14:48
I don't have any Eneloops, but I do have plenty of other brand name rechargeable batteries. The charger I use is a La Crosse BC900 I bought three or four years ago. I tried a few other AA and AAA chargers, and this one is by far the best I ever used.Ah, I ended up ordering the Maha. It seems to get raving reviews from well everywhere.

I use mostly business envelopes when I send things out.:lol:

thomascanty
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 14:50
I went to the first couple Dwight & Marna BBQ's. They were a lot of fun.

No need to crowd out Sunny and Josephine, though. We can all pitch our tents in your kitchen. I've seen the pictures. There's plenty of room there...

Timphoto
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 14:51
Who here uses Eneloops?

If so what charger do you use? I'm looking at the La Crosse BC700 and the Maha C9000. Trying to decide if the $50 Maha is worth the premium over the $32 LaCrosse.

I use 'em and I normally use a Maha MH C401FS charger on the slow cycle, at home. I've used Maha chargers for my amateur radio gear too. Good stuff.

I have a cheap compact Sanyo charger that I take with me in trips, or if I have to charge a bunch of batteries in a hurry, but fast charging is not the best way to recharge eneloops.

*sigh*
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 14:52
I use 'em and I normally use a Maha MH C401FS charger on the slow cycle, at home. I've used Maha chargers for my amateur radio gear too. Good stuff.

I have a cheap compact Sanyo charger that I take with me in trips, or if I have to charge a bunch of batteries in a hurry, but fast charging is not the best way to recharge eneloops.
Ah yeah. I needed some batteries quick so I had picked up a 4 pack w/ charger from Amazon. Then picked up a 10 pack of AA's from Costco, just needed a new charger. I'll probably keep the Sanyo one in my bag for travel, but yeah I like the control you have with the Maha.

Timphoto
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 14:54
No need to crowd out Sunny and Josephine, though. We can all pitch our tents in your kitchen. I've seen the pictures. There's plenty of room there...

Okay...we can pitch the tents inside, but then Sally won't be able to cook or bake goodies for you.

So...ya want to eat well, or sleep inside? ... it's up to you... :lol:

gjl711
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 14:55
I just have a Energizer rapid charger but then all my rechargeables are Nicad not Ni -MH.

thomascanty
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 14:57
Looks like that Maha charger is very similar to my La Crosse. The manual controls are very helpful. I had a bag full of old AA batteries that would no longer hold a charge, but after I bought the La Crosse I ran them in it on a slow cycle recondition charge. It took three or four days to completely recondition four at a time, but it made them all useable again.

thomascanty
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 14:59
Okay...we can pitch the tents inside, but then Sally won't be able to cook or bake goodies for you.

So...ya want to eat well, or sleep inside? ... it's up to you... :lol:

She should be able to do all of that before we get there. We don't even have to set up sleeping quarters right away. We can wait until she's finished... :lol: :lol:

Timphoto
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 15:05
She read that and said: "He's going to be lucky if I let him sleep in the barn." :lol::lol:

On a serious note - in spite of your crude attempt to occupy her kingdom (the kitchen), she says she is willing to consider hosting a POTN gathering, but it would have to be next year.

thomascanty
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 15:07
She read that and said: "He's going to be lucky if I let him sleep the barn." :lol::lol:

:o:o:o:o I didn't know she would be able to see it! :o:lol:

Timphoto
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 15:09
Oh, she was just kidding.

thomascanty
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 15:17
Oh, she was just kidding.

I figured as much... ;)

A Bay Area POTN gathering would be fun, though. And, I might actually even be able to accommodate some people. A friend of mine recently inherited a house in Daly City. Rather than sell it, she's fixing it up to use as a sort of vacation home, and she told me I can use it any time I want to head up that way, too. I'll have to ask her how many bedrooms it has.

Belmondo
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 16:26
On a serious note - in spite of your crude attempt to occupy her kingdom (the kitchen), she says she is willing to consider hosting a POTN gathering, but it would have to be next year.

On an equally serious note, sign me up. I just don't know how to get to the Bay Area, though.

Timphoto
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 16:35
Some sort guidance issue with your GPS that won't let you get north of San Mateo?

No worries...we'll send you an analog map. :-)

I'm thinking I need to do some moon shots tonight.

local sunset is 8:06
moon rise is 8:06
Full moon is 8:35
Might make for an interesting picture either nearby looking out over the vineyards and hills..

or... maybe in Bodega with the house from "The Birds" movie.

Decisions... decisions...

Chet
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 16:59

Full moon any day I take my pants off. I'm game.

Chet
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 17:00
Damn ocean sure is making a lot of noise.

Timphoto
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 17:08
Chet, the purpose of going to the beach is to listen and become one with the rhythm of the noise...

listen to your inner voice Chet... ;-)

Timphoto
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 17:08
...and have another drink!

Chet
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 17:09
listen to your inner voice Chet... ;-)

It told me to tinkle off the balcony, now someone is knocking on the door.

Belmondo
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 17:42
It told me to tinkle off the balcony, now someone is knocking on the door.

Twinkle, you dummy.

burnet44
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 20:55
cloudy here
crap

Timphoto
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 20:59
Bummer. It still looks promising here.

Belmondo
5th of May 2012 (Sat), 21:10
Bummer. It still looks promising here.

Clear, but slightly hazy here. Should be okay for viewing.