PDA

View Full Version : Aussie POTN Photo Trippin Part 3

Carzee
11th of December 2005 (Sun), 02:40
Okay, time to save up your parking meter money and plan for more POTN meets.

Calling POTN members around Syndney, Melb, Brissy, Perth, Adelaide.

Each area can organise their own meet, post your plans here.

Anyone interested anywhere for anything in January school holidays?

::John::
11th of December 2005 (Sun), 04:55
I'll be in Broome from mid December 'til 8th Jan so if anything is happening there at that time (yeah, right *snigger*)

Back in Sydney from the 9th Jan and would be interested...

Carzee
11th of December 2005 (Sun), 05:00
Jan. Broome. HOT! Take some cold water up with you and sell it on the black market...

11th of December 2005 (Sun), 05:04
I have booked a day trip with a professional photographer - so I expect to learn more about me and my camera.

As for the water - salt at the front door and chlorinated at the back door.

Airconditioned unit and vehicle. Stop, click, drive...

13th of December 2005 (Tue), 06:32
and

bump

c'mon aussies, c'mon, c'mon...

paulhillion
13th of December 2005 (Tue), 18:59
Me & the wife will be in Perth from the 22nd of Jan for a week or so before moving on up the coast. Would love the chance to meet up with any fellow members.

13th of December 2005 (Tue), 19:10
How far up the coast?

paulhillion
13th of December 2005 (Tue), 19:21
How far up the coast?
Well we're going to drive up (hopefully if we can buy a decent car/van in Perth) & explore Ningaloo for a while before heading back down & traveling East for a couple of months. We want to fly out to NZ from Sydney or Brisbane, no set plans though as we'll just travel day to day. We'll explore the rest of Australia after a few months in NZ :D

13th of December 2005 (Tue), 19:29
I'll be long gone from that region by the time you get there but a word of warning - be prepared for damp hot weather.

Keep in touch with us on this forum if you like - there are members in Perth and the eastern cities.

paulhillion
13th of December 2005 (Tue), 19:32
Hey I'll take damp hot weather any day over damp cold weather :D

mijbril
15th of December 2005 (Thu), 05:42
Summer holidays??

For those of us able to get to the ACT over the Australia Day weekend, the annual Summer Nats will be on. As far as I know it's the countries biggest gathering of cars, beer & all the usual shennanigens that goes on at such events.

I imagine that there will be ample photo opportunities as well of people, cars & so on.

Also that weekend in Canberra is the geek fest known as Cancon, the countries biggest tabletop gaming weekend.

Carzee
20th of December 2005 (Tue), 20:20
As of today I'm organizing to do a day shooting at the Summer Nats combined with a NYE relly visit. We used to have Street Nats on Northbourne Av and it was a free parade, now it costs for the arena etc $40 per adult per day.

Desertraptor
20th of December 2005 (Tue), 20:28
and

bump

c'mon aussies, c'mon, c'mon...

Come on get with the times. It's not come on Aussie and more.
Now it's

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi :)

Carzee
26th of December 2005 (Mon), 02:30
bump 'cause I just saw the Melbourne POTN thread bumped!

Melb POTN thread:
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108053

mijbril
26th of December 2005 (Mon), 06:23
As of today I'm organizing to do a day shooting at the Summer Nats combined with a NYE relly visit. We used to have Street Nats on Northbourne Av and it was a free parade, now it costs for the arena etc $40 per adult per day.

Yep, the Summernats ain't exactly cheap....

but looking at the quality of the pics on the official site, they need someone to go in & do them properly!!!!!

Carzee
12th of January 2006 (Thu), 18:33
Well... in the end Summer nats was done by my son who had a P+S sony. I didn't miss much. I blew the funds elsewhere.

What are we up to next? Australia Day coverage?

12th of January 2006 (Thu), 18:39
Could do.

I'll be floating around the Rocks and Darling Harbour - always good for some pics on Australia Day.

She who gave me permission to buy a 5D received an 8Mp p+S over the christmas break - so she will be right beside/under/behind/in-front of me clicking like fury...

Carzee
12th of January 2006 (Thu), 18:42
A 5D is a wonderful idea - if this happens it'll be the day I remember as when I first saw a real 5D.

Whaty have we got -just under 2 weeks. Plenty of time to get the news out!

12th of January 2006 (Thu), 18:46
LOL - don't hold your breath - she has also decided she needs air-conditioning.

I don't see me getting the 5D until mid to late Feb at the earliest.

19th of January 2006 (Thu), 18:54
Less than a week to go.

Anyone interested in meeting in Sydney and taking a few pics on Australia Day?

Carzee
19th of January 2006 (Thu), 19:26
Aussie Day in Sydney should be good. Will be making up my mind after Sunday whether I do the local or the Sydney.

mijbril
19th of January 2006 (Thu), 19:49
Will be in Canderra that weekend, sorry....

19th of January 2006 (Thu), 20:05
We will be in Canberra 3rd March for a family function - her family - so I can be excused to go take some pics - I may just go re-visit the war memorial museum - I need to re-do some shots from last time that didn't make it.

Have a good trip.

If no-one else fronts up for a meet on Australia Day, I may just go to the zoo for the day.

mijbril
21st of January 2006 (Sat), 03:44
We will be in Canberra 3rd March for a family function - her family - so I can be excused to go take some pics - I may just go re-visit the war memorial museum - I need to re-do some shots from last time that didn't make it.

Have a good trip.

If no-one else fronts up for a meet on Australia Day, I may just go to the zoo for the day.

I'll be playing games & drinking with friends as I do every Australia Day weekend in Canberra.

But if you get to Taronga, you can take shots of the baby snow leopards!!!! I'm thinking of taking a ride over the harbour & taking some shots of them myself sometime after work one day if it's not too hot & work was not a mongrel day :)

22nd of January 2006 (Sun), 00:05
you can take shots of the baby snow leopards

Only if I am at the zoo before 2:30pm

cos they go to bed early - according to the zoo website.

Carzee
22nd of January 2006 (Sun), 06:07
Made up my mind. Newie Aust Day has a Triathalon, Army Brass Band (AABN), Song & Dance stuff, citizenship thing, etc etc.

mijbril
22nd of January 2006 (Sun), 21:13
Only if I am at the zoo before 2:30pm

cos they go to bed early - according to the zoo website.

I suppose the little tykes need their sleep time, hehehe

23rd of January 2006 (Mon), 05:36
Triathalon, Army Brass Band (AABN), Song & Dance stuff, citizenship thing

lol - and George Street at the Rocks has The Merchantile, The Orient, Philips Foote, The Fortune of War ... (all good watering holes)

I suppose the little tykes need their sleep time

Mate, at the price they charge people to get into the zoo they should be teaching those critters to sleep at night! :)

25th of January 2006 (Wed), 06:34
Dammit Carzee!!!!!!!

I am now going to the Rocks and Circular Quay

with The Aussie Bride and 2 'assistants' - two lasses - 18yo and 24yo - the assistants have offered to carry my camera bag and be my models for the day

I think I'll need another couple of CF cards

Carzee
25th of January 2006 (Wed), 06:40
Looks like a washout fer me - Canberra daughter coming to visit for a few days, arriving tonight..

25th of January 2006 (Wed), 06:44
Enjoy the fact that they still come to visit.

Carzee
25th of January 2006 (Wed), 06:47
But up until 20 minutes ago I had no idea about it and plans to do the whole Aust Day and fill all my cards.... although its a wet and rainy looking forecast.

25th of January 2006 (Wed), 06:50
Take her with you

Sometimes that like to share that 'special' time.

25th of January 2006 (Wed), 23:54
4pm

316 shots later and we are home 'cos her legs hurt...

Carzee
26th of January 2006 (Thu), 04:06
Went without her - she had plans.
I went alone (freedom yell) - I did about 3 cards between the 2 bodies. Came home about 1400 after 4 hours - I was hot and thirsty and sunburnt.

I was looking for candids and got them in spades. I was looking for vibrant colours in the amusements. Tick that. I was looking for a bit of sport-action; found a skateboard comp. I attempted to get fill flash right. Lotsa goofs there. And thru it all I was looking for the Aussie flag - Aussie Day emotional photo. On the way home I saw the stereotypical Aussie summer scene -according to my childhood memory of visits to the beach anyway.

Shall we post here - may as well...

-------ahem-------
[ roll title ] Australia Day 2006 in Photos

26th of January 2006 (Thu), 04:11
I have only posted one of today, so far. And I need to get some more CF cards - I did a silly thing and used up all my available card space.

The one I posted:
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132395

Carzee
26th of January 2006 (Thu), 04:51
http://i.pbase.com/g3/58/572458/2/55319191.IMG_5939v1.jpg

Carzee
26th of January 2006 (Thu), 05:05
http://i.pbase.com/g3/58/572458/2/55319185.IMG_5821v1.jpg

Carzee
26th of January 2006 (Thu), 05:14
http://i.pbase.com/g3/58/572458/2/55319847.IMG_5783v1.jpg

26th of January 2006 (Thu), 05:20
Patriotism of all sizes (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1124358&postcount=2) <-- click

Carzee
26th of January 2006 (Thu), 05:33
Good pic - lotsa flags there. (weird how you got a pic posted on its own like that.)

26th of January 2006 (Thu), 05:34
(weird how you got a pic posted on its own like that.)

yes, peculiar, isn't it?

26th of January 2006 (Thu), 18:12
BTW

Darling Harbour had gates and security guards on all entrances yesterday. All bags were searched before you could get in.