PDA

View Full Version : tunnel vision

mslib
8th of January 2006 (Sun), 11:51
just looking for some c&c.... thanks!

neil_r
8th of January 2006 (Sun), 11:53
Looks like an interesting picture but it is just too small to C&C.

N

mslib
8th of January 2006 (Sun), 12:17
neil - having trouble getting pics on here. if i try to post larger size, it tells me i've exceeded the kb limit. any suggestions?

mslib
8th of January 2006 (Sun), 12:33
(just trying to post pic in a different way - to make it larger)

rudgej
8th of January 2006 (Sun), 12:36
neil - having trouble getting pics on here. if i try to post larger size, it tells me i've exceeded the kb limit. any suggestions?
If you can upload to your own website, you can then insert an image (the mountain icon) that links to this and does not have a 100kb limit so you could go a bit bigger if you need to.

I like your image, but how about tweaking the levels slightly to take away reduce the (slightly) flat look and make it more punchier?

mslib
8th of January 2006 (Sun), 12:44
thanks! i'll give that a shot. feel free to edit if you like - no offense taken here.

rudgej
8th of January 2006 (Sun), 12:48
I've got Photoshop Elements 3, and I created a levels layer and just moved the black slider slightly to meet up with the start of the histogram. Here's the modified file:

rudgej
8th of January 2006 (Sun), 12:50
I must admit that it is not a very obvious difference when trying to compare the before and after by scrolling up and down the browser page, but when you try it on your original file, you should see the difference. :)

mslib
8th of January 2006 (Sun), 13:04
... a great improvement! i'm learning every day. thanks for your help.

neil_r
8th of January 2006 (Sun), 13:19
I do like this however, if you could have just got all of the childs hand in the frame at the bottom of the shot, it would have geen excellent.

N

rudgej
8th of January 2006 (Sun), 16:08
Bob, I was perhaps unclear in my meaning, but the bigger size I was referring to was the file size and not the picture dimensions.

Robert_Lay
8th of January 2006 (Sun), 16:11
Bob, I was perhaps unclear in my meaning, but the bigger size I was referring to was the file size and not the picture dimensions.

It doesn't matter, because I was wrong. I don't know whether Pekka changed it or whether I'm thinking of something else, but there is no mention of a file size limit for files hosted elsewhere - only the pixel dimension limit applies universally.

So, you were 100% correct - sorry.

rudgej
8th of January 2006 (Sun), 16:15
No problem Bob! I must admit that although I use the option of linking to my photos on my website, I still like to keep them around the 100k mark anyway.

floydianslip6
8th of January 2006 (Sun), 16:19
you could use the "save for web" option. You lose the EXIF data but you could post it up if people wanted to know.

I like the photo a lot it's a really cute shot.

Balliolman
8th of January 2006 (Sun), 16:35
All this said, it is a joyful photograph ...

mslib
8th of January 2006 (Sun), 16:48
thanks so much everyone -- you made my day :D. i love the pic... but you never really know how it looks to someone else. and - i agree on the cropping; unfortunately, the hand was cut out of the original shot so i can't get that back. thanks for all your input!

mslib
8th of January 2006 (Sun), 16:52
by the way, for those who are interested, this is what the original looked like ;)

rudgej
8th of January 2006 (Sun), 16:55
I like your B&W one better then. Congratulations!

mslib
8th of January 2006 (Sun), 19:26
thanks rudgej