PDA

View Full Version : hot chilli - first picture post

bbulldog
13th of January 2006 (Fri), 14:05
Well my first post with picture, as i couldnt find any bugs i thought i would try this dried chilli i had. what do you guys think? All critic welcome.

Dont do this at home children, well dont touch your eyes after handling chilli :evil:

Both were shot in M mode with settings of:

ISO: 800
Aperture: f16
Exposure: 1/100

I used an old Metz flash unit with a home made cardboard curved extension to get the light on the object so close to the lens.:)

app1rwd
13th of January 2006 (Fri), 14:31
very nice...like the second one the best...

Mike Bell
13th of January 2006 (Fri), 14:36
The plain background makes the second the winner. Nice DOF due to the small aperture but shame this resulted in ISO 800 being needed as the image is just a little noisier for this.

bbulldog
13th of January 2006 (Fri), 14:37
one more from this series
settings are

ISO 400, f16, 1/125
all of these taken with the Canon EF-S18-55mm

racketman
13th of January 2006 (Fri), 14:40
#2 is best exposure but I think the lighting is uninspiring. Play around with combinations of lights and see if you can inject a bit of... drama....what do I know?

bbulldog
13th of January 2006 (Fri), 14:46
Thanks for the coments guys. I must admit i like the light grey background on the top left of picture 1.
I agree with the lighting, if you could see my setup then you would understand that. My flash unit is 15-20 years old, had it on an AE-1. I quickly made a cardboard tunnel for the flash so i could get a bit of light in front of the lens. That is also the reason for the high ISO I think. Got a flash bracket on order with a Canon Off Shoe cable. I want to try some pics in natural light this weekend, might be better.

Balliolman
13th of January 2006 (Fri), 15:26
Superb magnification!

LordV
13th of January 2006 (Fri), 15:35
Looks like you are having fun with the extension tubes. Good shots.
Keep on posting. :)
Brian V.