PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Milton Keynes, UK?

Yella Fella
14th of January 2006 (Sat), 15:27
or the surrounding areas? northants, buckinghamshire, aylesbury, luton, beds etc?

Could do with arranging some sort of photoshoot day? I could learn a thing or two :cool:

RichardtheSane
15th of January 2006 (Sun), 09:31
I'm from Nottingham, I know of one other Nottingham member...

OK, we are all a bit further north but given a good venue photogaphers will travel :)

condyk
15th of January 2006 (Sun), 09:42
OK, we are all a bit further north but given a good venue photogaphers will travel :)

Not sure MK fits the bill then: after the concrete cows and Buddhist Temple/Peace Pagoda at Willen Lake you're left with concrete and glass from what I remember :lol: tho' am happy to be put straight on that.

Yella Fella
22nd of January 2006 (Sun), 12:19
to be fair i am running out of where to take pics... there is always that windmill in caldercotte (sp?) :D

sGu
22nd of January 2006 (Sun), 13:56
running out of where to take pics???

I've been living in Manchester for over 5 years and I still discover places that I haven't been or scenes worth capturing!

I'm always up for a trip within reasonable distance to meet fellow shooters :D

clive lmc
23rd of January 2006 (Mon), 13:28
Im not a million miles away, tbh it depends on what you want to take photo's of ?
some dont want to shoot sport some dont want to shoot nature etc etc etc
but there are always things to keep you going

DavidW
24th of January 2006 (Tue), 10:30
Have you tried the canal yet, Ed? That has to be worth some experimentation.

Another option is long exposure night shots with light trails - we've been discussing those in Talk About Photography. You will need a tripod.

There's some nice parkland around the city, which is always photogenic.

They're just three quick ideas from the top of my head.

David

peacock
24th of January 2006 (Tue), 11:59
I would make the trip up for a meet :D not sure of driving 2 hour to shoot roundabouts though:lol:

DavidW
24th of January 2006 (Tue), 12:10
Maybe an MK meet is on; I'd certainly come along and bring my kit if I was well enough on the day.

Has anyone got any thoughts on places to meet, eat/drink and shoot?

David

IanC_UK
9th of February 2006 (Thu), 11:08
Hmmmm you have Whipsnade Zoo and Woburn for animals, Silverstone for Motorsport, a bit further away and later in the year, Shuttlworth Collection for vintage WW1 and 2 planes. Just a few of many ideas ! ;)

Yella Fella
14th of February 2006 (Tue), 06:42
Possibly arrange for a nice weekend in march/april time? more ideally april time for me as im in the middle of buying a house, hectic/stress (ish) comes to mind :D

Coops
4th of January 2009 (Sun), 15:35
Did anything come of this. I live in MK and would love to meet up with some photography folk.

SmileyShazza
22nd of March 2009 (Sun), 17:45
I'm from Milton Keynes just found this thread through the search facility.

I would agree the canal is a good place to shoot - was down there on Saturday taking some pictures for the Milton Keynes Flickrites group competition on Flickr.

Rayk
31st of March 2009 (Tue), 02:50
I live in Luton:cry:(???), let me know.

vmlopes
31st of March 2009 (Tue), 04:32
Have a look here (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=640683), might be a little further South but there is always meets being arranged.

Scuff
22nd of April 2009 (Wed), 18:51
Just moved up to Northants from the Sarf Eest.

Macromax
20th of May 2009 (Wed), 11:55
Hi guys, just joined this forum and spotted this thread. I live in Heath and Reach (just south of MK down the A5) and am also a member of the TIPF group, there's a few bods in the Milton Keynes area in that too. Quite by coincidence the Leighton Buzzard Photographic Club is hitting MK tonight for a loose "photo walk" and pub in the Theatre area @ 9ish. I was wondering whether meeting up in MK or maybe just hitting it at a certain time might be an interesting activity - midsummer is coming up, how about documenting Midsummer Boulevard for the (longest) day? Interesting project do you think?
Regards,
Dave.