PDA

View Full Version : B&H

cking2
10th of February 2006 (Fri), 18:41
Anyone else notice that B&H is not taking orders until 6:45 pm Sat.

Traci_Ann
10th of February 2006 (Fri), 19:03
Yep I noticed, as I keep checking the status of my recent order.

FlipsidE
10th of February 2006 (Fri), 19:22
happened last Saturday, too. Not sure why.

defordphoto
10th of February 2006 (Fri), 20:17
Maybe they're going to do this every Saturday now so people don't cry a river on how they "ordered on Saturday and it took so long to...blah blah blah..."

FlipsidE
10th of February 2006 (Fri), 20:52
Maybe they're going to do this every Saturday now so people don't cry a river on how they "ordered on Saturday and it took so long to...blah blah blah..."That wouldn't bother me one bit if they still allowed us to at least view wishlists. That's the thing I actually miss quite drastically.

The22oz
10th of February 2006 (Fri), 23:26
Its most likely site maintance. When your updating databases are backing up information it doesn't seem like a good idea to have people access and or modify that information while thats going on. With the amount of data they have it may take awhile to do any of those 2 things I mentioned above. Or maybe there adding new products. I know they reduced the price for 20d's just the other day so I know they maintain the site regularly.

Traci_Ann
10th of February 2006 (Fri), 23:40
I ordered my lenses today, remembered I gotta check my email for the verification to call them. Since it was my first order and over 3k. I figured I'd check it at work, got to work forgot all about it. Got home checked my email.....DAMMIT....so now I have to wait till Sunday morning to call them to verify my order. :(

The22oz
10th of February 2006 (Fri), 23:41
I ordered my lenses today, remembered I gotta check my email for the verification to call them. Since it was my first order and over 3k. I figured I'd check it at work, got to work forgot all about it. Got home checked my email.....DAMMIT....so now I have to wait till Sunday morning to call them to verify my order. :(

I dont think it would ship till Monday ether way so it woudnt make a difference. They stop shipping around 5pm eastern.

Traci_Ann
11th of February 2006 (Sat), 00:04
I dont think it would ship till Monday ether way so it woudnt make a difference. They stop shipping around 5pm eastern.

True or not I don't know, since it was from a sales person, but the sales person on the phone when I was getting info about shipping, told me that if my order was in by 10:30am (est) it would be shipping today, and it was. Just too bad I forgot about the verification.

Edit: Also I just looked at the site again to see if there were order/shipping dead lines. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=helpcenter.jsp&A=getpage&Q=HelpCenter/Shipping1.jsp

All rush orders (1-day and 2-day shipping) are normally shipped on the same day* if placed before 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and Friday before 10:30 am (Eastern Standard Time), and 11:30 am (Daylight Savings Time).

aam1234
11th of February 2006 (Sat), 02:11
Is it related to Jewish holiday/weekend.

Traci_Ann
11th of February 2006 (Sat), 09:52
I asked my wife if she knows what all the holidays listed are for, she says they are Seventh Day Adventists (sp). That they take Saturdays off instead of Sundays.

Dchemist
11th of February 2006 (Sat), 14:17
The Jewish Sabbath runs from Sundown on Friday until nightfall on Saturday. B&H has always been closed on the Sabbath.

FYI here is more information: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/judaism/FAQ/04-Observance/section-35.html

Skip Souza
12th of February 2006 (Sun), 01:38
Here is their Holiday schedule and hours of operation. (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=DnlJRN0CmG!944996433?O=catalog.jsp &A=getpage&Q=HelpCenter/HoursOfOperation.jsp)

Traci_Ann
12th of February 2006 (Sun), 09:58
I call B&H this morning to verify myself/order and the rep is telling me their process for verification. Normally the call the bank that issues the CC and verify the address. Well apparently my bank didn't want to help them in any way shape or form. So I had to photograph my phone bill address and drivers license. Uploading them now to B&H website. :rolleyes:

The22oz
13th of February 2006 (Mon), 00:46
I call B&H this morning to verify myself/order and the rep is telling me their process for verification. Normally the call the bank that issues the CC and verify the address. Well apparently my bank didn't want to help them in any way shape or form. So I had to photograph my phone bill address and drivers license. Uploading them now to B&H website. :rolleyes:

Sorry about thats .. thats REALLY odd though ...

Traci_Ann
13th of February 2006 (Mon), 00:57
Sorry about thats .. thats REALLY odd though ...

Yea but all is ok, everything is fine now, I got the email stating my verification was good. All items being shipping now. The guy on the phone says I should have them tuesday morning. Lets hope UPS agrees.

I keep reading posts and info about the 580EX, trying to get familiar with the functions before it gets here, and I find myself thinking. I can't wait to order one of those, I actually have to stop and think "Oh Wait, I already did". It just doesn't seem real yet. :D