PDA

View Full Version : I'll share a few pics also

carl1645
21st of February 2006 (Tue), 08:02
Just a couple of images from a wedding at the back end of last year.

carl1645
21st of February 2006 (Tue), 08:08
A couple more from the same wedding. These are actual pages from their album.
Carl

carl1645
21st of February 2006 (Tue), 08:29
Comments/criticisms welcome but don't be to hard.

Olli
21st of February 2006 (Tue), 08:32
Carl, the first impression is that these are very good pictures, but is hard to say anything more as they are so small. Can you post bigger versions (800 x zzz pixels)?

carl1645
21st of February 2006 (Tue), 08:35
Carl, the first impression is that these are very good pictures, but is hard to say anything more as they are so small. Can you post bigger versions (800 x zzz pixels)?

I can but not at the moment, i've just lifted these from my website so they are sized up for that. The originals are filed on disc in the studio.

Carl.:confused:

spencer87
21st of February 2006 (Tue), 08:43
from what I can see they look great! you seem to have a fun shooting style, the second to last photo (nighttime) is my favorite. would love to see bigger versions when you can post them.

carl1645
21st of February 2006 (Tue), 08:49
Thanks for the positive praise so far. Yes we do like to inject a bit of fun into the day, it helps to get better images and responses fromt he couples. :D
Here are a couple more from the same wedding, I will try and post the bigger images when i get the master disc from the studio.

Carl

carl1645
21st of February 2006 (Tue), 08:53
For those of you who are interested in the location .. the castle is the home of the nursery rhyme legend .. The Grand Old Duke of York, he had 10,000 men he marched them up to the top of the hill and he marched them down again etc. The hill is still in place but was a bit of a disapointment, I think there may have been a bit of an exageration with the 10,000, from the size of it it would probably have been 10 dozen!
Still a fantastic venue to work at... Allerton Castle, Yorkshire.

Carl

BLINN
21st of February 2006 (Tue), 08:54
They look great small but like everyone else said, I need to see them a bit larger. You do have good taste for poseing and candid shots.

tim
22nd of February 2006 (Wed), 03:30
1, 3, and 4 are great!

carl1645
22nd of February 2006 (Wed), 03:45
1, 3, and 4 are great!

Thanks for that Tim, much appreciated. I have started to get an image like #3 at most of the weddings we attend now and use it a bit like a trade mark image.

Glad you like them.
Carl :D

tim
22nd of February 2006 (Wed), 03:50
I think maybe i'll try that too! :) The group shot with the B&G in the centre of a circle is a great idea, I might try that in addition to a heart next time! :)

carl1645
22nd of February 2006 (Wed), 03:57
I think maybe i'll try that too! :) The group shot with the B&G in the centre of a circle is a great idea, I might try that in addition to a heart next time! :)

What you've got to make sure, you can't really see it on the small image, is that the group keep walking round, and the couple remain perfectly still..not teaching you how to suck eggs!

Pinch my ideas but don't pinch my customers LOL :lol:

Carl

carl1645
22nd of February 2006 (Wed), 03:58
Just noticed, you're in New Zealand, no problem, unless of course i'm shooting a wedding there!

VanceW
22nd of February 2006 (Wed), 05:08
The hill is still in place but was a bit of a disapointment, I think there may have been a bit of an exageration with the 10,000,

In defense of your countrymen. They were a bit short legged back then. ;)

Great stuff, and I really like the effects that you've done. :)

carl1645
22nd of February 2006 (Wed), 05:51
:D In defense of your countrymen. They were a bit short legged back then. ;)

Great stuff, and I really like the effects that you've done. :)

Yes but you know what they say about men with short legs.............................................t hey can't reach the top shelf!

VanceW
22nd of February 2006 (Wed), 05:54
And that is why mum always put the good stuff on the top shelf! :)

PineCone
23rd of February 2006 (Thu), 01:52
i really like pic #3 or #4 (whichever is the one without the inset)... inspiring

JohnnyG
23rd of February 2006 (Thu), 01:57
Some excellent examples of a high quality wedding photographer!

Thanks,

carl1645
23rd of February 2006 (Thu), 04:38
Some excellent examples of a high quality wedding photographer!

Thanks,

Thanks for that JohnnyG, much appreciated.
Carl

CyberPet
24th of February 2006 (Fri), 11:25
I'm half blind, so the images are a tad small for me... but the stuff I can make out, it looks great. And what a place!!! Always wanted to shoot at a castle. You brits are spoiled with all those lovely castles scattered all over the place. :D