PDA

View Full Version : so sick of being sick!!

saravrose
22nd of February 2006 (Wed), 02:53
So I have the flu... and it seems to be THE FLU... no runny nose and headache for a couple of days kind of flu but the if you get up out of bed for a glass of juice you will find yourself on the kitchen floor cause the room won't stop spinning kind of flu.
After two days i'm getting so bored and fed up that I decide to try my luck at going to a meeting at work... So, there I am listening to my managers talk between themselves while they pour us some seriously watered down tasting pinot noir that were all supposed to think is great and what do I see outside... the most incredible sunset we've had in atleast a month and a half. (I know because I photographed the last one and can look it up)..
and there I am in downtown boise without my camera with the flu and i've taken soo much cold medicine that it's acting like truth syrum so I tell one of the bartenders that his new tie looks like a print from a costume you'd find in an adult film.. Opps.... Sick of being sick, what are the chances i'll get another sunset tomorrow??

JorgenH
22nd of February 2006 (Wed), 03:18
There will always be sunsets :) I hope that you start feeling better very soon. Having the flu is the worst!

forsaken
22nd of February 2006 (Wed), 03:23
I feel for you. I'm just coming right after 2 weeks of feeling like s#!t.

get well soon and get back out there shooting

saravrose
22nd of February 2006 (Wed), 10:59
Thats it!! the fever is gone.. I have sat up in bed for the last half hour and I think i'm going to make it OUTSIDE today. Yep, done being sick all I need is some dayquil, cough syrup, and advil and i'm off... hmm..... now, how do I sneak out of my house with the camera bag, tripod and me without THEM pushing me back in bed, making me watch another boring movie that THEY pick out and making me drink more orange juice (my life for a real pepsi) Do I have anybody convinced?

spencer87
22nd of February 2006 (Wed), 11:12
ugh, i had the flu back in January and was miserable! better stay in bed and get some rest so you can get back to shooting. ;)

Steve Parr
22nd of February 2006 (Wed), 15:15
Before going to bed, take a shot of Nyquil and a shot of Maker's Mark Bourbon. Works every single time...

Steve

dgcorner
22nd of February 2006 (Wed), 16:07
Sari, it could have been worse... Aren't you glad it's over? Don't over tax yourself though... a relapse is far worse than the first time around. Keep well.

Cheers!

StevenRaith
22nd of February 2006 (Wed), 17:16
The flu sucks. Alas being IT Contracter Scum I can't take time off for it. Thankfully I have avoided it so far this wonter [famous last words]

for the record:
So I have the flu... and it seems to be THE FLU... no runny nose and headache for a couple of days kind of flu but the if you get up out of bed for a glass of juice you will find yourself on the kitchen floor cause the room won't stop spinning kind of flu.

This is what is technically known as MAN FLU. The deadliest strain of flu know to...er....man.

It even makes me take a sicky sometimes, but not often..

saravrose
22nd of February 2006 (Wed), 20:22
thanks all for the kind words. and for the record I didn't get to leave the house today. My aunt caught me on the front porch.. took the lowepro off my shoulder and pointed out that I was still wearing my pajama top (but it has long sleeves!).. oh well. Maybe tomorrow.

shredchic
22nd of February 2006 (Wed), 20:24
I hope you feel better. I'm sick, too. I have been on the couch for 2 days, just sitting here reading things on the internet.

saravrose
22nd of February 2006 (Wed), 20:24
Before going to bed, take a shot of Nyquil and a shot of Maker's Mark Bourbon. Works every single time...

Steve

I've been told about bourbon... if I could get that stuff down I'd have drank a bottle of it. Unfortunately i'm more of a Riesling to Malibu kind of girl...

StevenRaith
23rd of February 2006 (Thu), 04:02

Steve

Just a note - painkillers and alchahol - not the best solution for the kidneys and liver ;)

DavidW
23rd of February 2006 (Thu), 12:13
No alcohol at all for me because of the painkillers (morphine and alcohol disagree). This illness has lasted twelve years, three months, seventeen days and counting.

Look after yourself when you're not well. Whilst there's no guarantee, it may just stop it from turning into something nasty. What happened to me may have been coming anyway, and probably wasn't helped by being a chemistry undergraduate doing an organic lab course in a lab with dodgy fume extraction. One of these days, the doctors may just figure it out.

Get well soon, Sara.

David

Reeforbust
23rd of February 2006 (Thu), 16:49
The FLU does suck!! I've had it for 4 days and I feel like crap!:o :confused:

I've been taking Nyquil, day and night, and it really helps but I just can't get rid of this junk.......

saravrose
23rd of February 2006 (Thu), 17:04
The FLU does suck!! I've had it for 4 days and I feel like crap!:o :confused:

I've been taking Nyquil, day and night, and it really helps but I just can't get rid of this junk.......

:D :D it's actually kind of nice not to be the only one... I went to work for a few hours today and now i'm back in bed.. fever, earache, soar throat, headache, cough and body ache's... getting totally sick of this. Maybe i'll feel better tomorrow. :( :cry:

blacksmurf
23rd of February 2006 (Thu), 17:10
We're all "in the same boat".... sore throat, coughing, started sunday. I'm getting a bit well... today was a sunny day and I had my bag well filled here, on the bed, but I stay home :-( maybe tomorrow evening, and the next one, I'll be back in front of a stage and shot the musicians.
... and I also desire a beautiful saturday or a sunday to go out and play with my 70-300.

Reeforbust
23rd of February 2006 (Thu), 17:11
fever, earache, soar throat, headache, cough and body ache's...

That's sounds exactly like me....:cry: BUT, I can't take off work, I'm the only one here......sucks...

Reeforbust
23rd of February 2006 (Thu), 17:16
Crazy how this stuff happens all over the world at around the same time...... :confused:

saravrose
23rd of February 2006 (Thu), 17:56
Crazy how this stuff happens all over the world at around the same time...... :confused:

yep.. right now i'm looking outside and the clouds are incredible.. i'm gonna give it another hour or so and then I have to go out and wait on the sunset :D I promise i'll only leave my car if it's worthwhile...

Reeforbust
23rd of February 2006 (Thu), 20:32
So Sara.....The sun has set.....Any good shots? Or just more cold air on your throat...:)

Moppie
23rd of February 2006 (Thu), 20:56

you mean all over half the world at the same time ;)

saravrose
23rd of February 2006 (Thu), 21:16
So Sara.....The sun has set.....Any good shots? Or just more cold air on your throat...:)

:lol: :lol: :lol: i'm downloading now.. suprising but I felt pretty good out there.. I even found a new spot that has some pretty incredible views..

Reeforbust
23rd of February 2006 (Thu), 22:57
you mean all over half the world at the same time ;)

Yeah......Like a computer virus:lol:

blacksmurf
24th of February 2006 (Fri), 10:19
Crazy how this stuff happens all over the world at around the same time......

Yeah......Like a computer virus

maybe... maybe through THIS forum ?? :shock::shock::shock:

;)

:lol::lol::lol:

300Dplus
24th of February 2006 (Fri), 12:03
maybe... maybe through THIS forum ??

Maybe? I would say, for sure :rolleyes:. I was fine till I started reading this post, then, it hit me like a train head on :(. Well, I guess we should wear masks (so not to spread the viruses) while we are online ;) .

saravrose
24th of February 2006 (Fri), 12:08
Maybe? I would say, for sure :rolleyes:. I was fine till I started reading this post, then, it hit me like a train head on :(. Well, I guess we should wear masks (so not to spread the viruses) while we are online ;) .

next y'all we'll be blaming it on me for starting it :o :o

Brian05
24th of February 2006 (Fri), 12:51
I've got it too http://i.pbase.com/o4/87/577787/1/56468189.sars_5.GIF started coughing while driving home from work yesterday evening, was sick all night and this morning, hot one minute cold the next, sniffly nose, and such a headache:(
Well I hope everyone here who is also suffering get well soon.

300Dplus
24th of February 2006 (Fri), 13:49
next y'all we'll be blaming it on me for starting it :o :o

Is there an option here? :)

queenbee288
24th of February 2006 (Fri), 14:01
Count me in too. I don't think it is the flu, just a cold. Headache past 3 days, stuffy head, ect. I have been downing Nyquil also.

Reeforbust
24th of February 2006 (Fri), 14:24
Good job Sara.....:evil: .....:D :p:lol:

saravrose
24th of February 2006 (Fri), 14:40
Good job Sara.....:evil: .....:D :p:lol:

:o :oops: :( :( :o :oops: You know, you shouldn't be mean to the sickly!!:p

blacksmurf
24th of February 2006 (Fri), 16:46

so we can say it's maybe the most powerful topic of the forum... :D