PDA

View Full Version : Arizona POTN get together?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

TammieO
2nd of May 2007 (Wed), 23:39
No fear Cesar. Just remember to bring your sense of humor as well as your photo gear!

Adam B.
2nd of May 2007 (Wed), 23:53
No fear Cesar. Just remember to bring your sense of humor as well as your photo gear!

Yes, please bring a sense of humor.

macroshooter1970
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 00:10
Wow this looks good I have only one fear :( What if they dont let me come out ??? :rolleyes:

Cesar Salazar

you have to show, I want to take a few shots with your Sigma 30 1.4 :lol:

disneydork06
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 01:14
arizona85224 stopped by my desk this afternoon and asked to borrow my 100-400. I made him get down on his knees and beg (just kidding...I didn't make him beg). So you have your choice of the 70-200 f2.8 IS or 300 f4. But you have to carry it all day because I'm being a sissy girl and don't want to carry more weight than I have to. :p

hmm, I dont mind carrying the weight. I'm kinda used to it. I've used a 70-200 2.8 nonIS but never a 300f4. so which ever one you think will be good for this trip. I'll probably be carrying my backpack with me so I can carry the additional lens for you if you need. I'm still a young kid (just turned 24 today) and can carry some weight. :-)

sassinak
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 01:22
Tammie,
If disneydork06 doesn't want to use the 70-200 I'll gladly cart it around for a day and use it. I'm looking to eventually get the f4 version so I may as well spoil myself with the 2.8 version for a day if I can.

Adam

Adam B.
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 01:25
hmm, I dont mind carrying the weight. I'm kinda used to it. I've used a 70-200 2.8 nonIS but never a 300f4. so which ever one you think will be good for this trip. I'll probably be carrying my backpack with me so I can carry the additional lens for you if you need. I'm still a young kid (just turned 24 today) and can carry some weight. :-)

Happy Birthday Ryan:D

disneydork06
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 03:48
thank you :-)

Adam B.
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 08:44
Tammie,
You have them lining up to carry all your bags. 3 new assistants, alright.

Az2Africa
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 09:07
I'm hurt. No one has asked to use my 50 f1.4 yet:p I'm bringing along a 70-200 f2.8 IS and a 1.4 converter we can pass around.
Hey, I still have a Phoenix 500mm f8 mirror lens. maybe we should hold a raffle.:lol:

macroshooter1970
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 09:53
I'm hurt. No one has asked to use my 50 f1.4 yet:p I'm bringing along a 70-200 f2.8 IS and a 1.4 converter we can pass around.
Hey, I still have a Phoenix 500mm f8 mirror lens. maybe we should hold a raffle.:lol:

I wouldn't mind trying a 70-200 f2.8 IS to compare with my none IS version.

macroshooter1970
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 16:12
So who do we have for the Zoo and will everyone meet for Lunch.

Cesar, Tammie, Me, Adam, Terry, Ryan, Geoff, Adam and maybe Kristy. We might need some security to walk with us........

Kristy
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 16:27
:oops: I'll be the short girl with a short lens.... Do you promise to be nice to me if all I have is the 24-70??:rolleyes:

I'm still working on it.... Maybe just 2 hours or so..... I'll check back when I know.

macroshooter1970
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 16:31
:oops: I'll be the short girl with a short lens.... Do you promise to be nice to me if all I have is the 24-70??:rolleyes:

Glad to hear you can make it. Bring what you have, there will be plenty of lenses around. I have a 70-200 with extender I won't be using since I'll be trying out one of Tammie's.

Kristy
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 17:02
Glad to hear you can make it. Bring what you have, there will be plenty of lenses around. I have a 70-200 with extender I won't be using since I'll be trying out one of Tammie's.

Almost going to be there.... :) Is it the Phoenix Zoo or the Wildlife Zoo?? Sorry if that's a dumb question...

Zeppelin
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 17:28
<snip> I'm being a sissy girl and don't want to carry more weight than I have to. :p

Rats! It was very nice of you to bear a lens for me last week! :D Guess I will have to settle for just one. :rolleyes:
Thanks for lugging my lens around last week :D That was very kind of you ;)

macroshooter1970
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 17:52
Almost going to be there.... :) Is it the Phoenix Zoo or the Wildlife Zoo?? Sorry if that's a dumb question...

Very good question. Phoenix Zoo

I never been to the Wildlife Zoo, guess that will be next.

disneydork06
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 18:22

I'm still working on it.... Maybe just 2 hours or so..... I'll check back when I know.

all I use is my 24-70 as well. but mine is no L like yours. someday I'll go into more debt when I need those L lenses.

TammieO
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 20:13
Well, it looks like we'll have a nice turn out and lots of lenses to pass around.

Terry, I would like to test drive your 50 f1.4:cool:

Don't forget burgers and chicken on the grill at my place for those who want some lunch.

Oh and before I forget, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, RYAN!

Cesarvai
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 20:27
[quote=Kristy;3146703]:oops: I'll be the short girl with a short lens.... Do you promise to be nice to me if all I have is the 24-70??:rolleyes:

If it makes you any feel better I'll be the one with the 30mm Lens, I can only hope they´re sharp :eek: ( Adress of the ZOO ? is the one close to Priest and Van Buren ? )

macroshooter1970
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 20:35
( Adress of the ZOO ? is the one close to Priest and Van Buren ? )

yep

http://www.phoenixzoo.org/visit/driving_directions.shtml

TammieO
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 20:36
Link to zoo with directions...

http://www.phoenixzoo.org/visit/driving_directions.shtml

TammieO
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 20:39
Mike, you beat me to it!

macroshooter1970
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 20:41
Mike, you beat me to it!

ya, you can get the next one.:)

Cesarvai
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 22:08
Does any of you guys have in PDF format the book Understanding Exposure ?? I have a FEW like shoot like a Pro, Digital Photography for Dummies etc

macroshooter1970
3rd of May 2007 (Thu), 22:10
I have the book Understanding Exposure, but a friend has it and may not be in very good shape. I do have a pdf book about using different photo editors which is good I think but never read the thing hahahaha

sassinak
4th of May 2007 (Fri), 00:23
I have the book, but not in PDF Format, but mine is in excellent shape. I can bring it on Saturday if you would like to page through it.

Hey Tammie,
Count me in for lunch :D food, and a shooting outing for the weekend, can it get any better?

Adam

disneydork06
4th of May 2007 (Fri), 01:30
Well, it looks like we'll have a nice turn out and lots of lenses to pass around.

Terry, I would like to test drive your 50 f1.4:cool:

Don't forget burgers and chicken on the grill at my place for those who want some lunch.

Oh and before I forget, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, RYAN!

Thank you Tammie!

Zeppelin
4th of May 2007 (Fri), 08:45
From the last musical chairs type of lens party, here (http://azphoto.info/Azphoto/) are some of the photos I captured with the wonderful combination of MP-E 65mm, MT-24EX, 30D and an insane amount of dust on the sensor:(:(:oops: (Note to self - clean sensor)

Many thanks to Tammie and Russ for the opportunity to try out this superb lens and flash unit! I have presented these pix out of the camera with the only PP being a litttle sharpening. The images are full frame for the 30D and resized down and converted to JPG from RAW.

The MP-E 65mm along with the MT-24EX are now on the shopping list along with a focusing stage. The more I have reviewed these pix, the more excited I am becoming for the opportunities offered by this superb combination.

The MP-E 65mm was easy to use and a lot of fun. It is amazing how close to things you get with this lens. Close enough to fill the tripod foam covered legs with cactus needles:eyes This is a wonderful lens and I guess that those whom complain about this optical miracle are simply whiners, or is that wieners:shock:

I was also pleased with the MT-24EX. It is light weight and easy to use. The positioning of the lights is simple to adjust and the quality of the light is great. As you can see from the images, this lens and light combination does not leave the subjects looking two dimensional.

Sorry that these took a little while to get out, I had to find photo album software that I liked.

Cheers,

Geoff

Adam B.
4th of May 2007 (Fri), 12:12
Wow, that's really up close and personal. Of course you need to spent about 7 hours in PS to remove all that dust.

Zeppelin
4th of May 2007 (Fri), 15:45
Wow, that's really up close and personal. Of course you need to spent about 7 hours in PS to remove all that dust.

:p NOT :lol:

TammieO
4th of May 2007 (Fri), 16:56
Wow, that's a lot of sensor crud, Geoff! Don't ya just love it when you can make out individual pollen grains? I've had my eye on the RRS focus rail, but just haven't been able to justify the cost.

Zeppelin
4th of May 2007 (Fri), 19:55
Wow, that's a lot of sensor crud, Geoff! Don't ya just love it when you can make out individual pollen grains? I've had my eye on the RRS focus rail, but just haven't been able to justify the cost.

:oops: Yup, lots of crud - the 100% crops make ya ill :sad: That is why there aren't any displayed ;) The olde ear syringe came out from hiding and gave the sensor lots of breeze so I hope the nasty dust got blown away. Always a potential problem changing lens in our state when there is a zephyr about.

Yes, the pollen grains are too cool! Now if only I could have gotten a bee to sit still! The macro side of the force is calling me! :D My bank account calls it the Dark Side.:evil:

LOL - :lol: :lol: is there justification with our hobby? If that rail is up to the normal high standards of RRS, and you will shoot some things that are not tossed about by the breeze - the use of the focus rail system could certainly enhance the experience. You would probably also find it handy for the 100mm for positioning the lens as you have the split screen. Since you already have the heads, and mounts, you would still be looking at a hefty chunk of change, but imagine the poor soul who had not entered the RRS arena! Hummm - I resemble that!

TammieO
4th of May 2007 (Fri), 20:30
LOL - :lol: :lol: is there justification with our hobby? If that rail is up to the normal high standards of RRS, and you will shoot some things that are not tossed about by the breeze - the use of the focus rail system could certainly enhance the experience. You would probably also find it handy for the 100mm for positioning the lens as you have the split screen. Since you already have the heads, and mounts, you would still be looking at a hefty chunk of change, but imagine the poor soul who had not entered the RRS arena! Hummm - I resemble that!

Oh, come on, it's only $550 for the ultimate pkg. I just need to convince Russ he wants one so he'll get it for me for Christmas.;)

You and Adam coming for lunch?

Adam B.
4th of May 2007 (Fri), 22:13
Oh, come on, it's only $550 for the ultimate pkg. I just need to convince Russ he wants one so he'll get it for me for Christmas.;)

Now that's just evil.:lol:

Yes, Geoff and I will come over for lunch. Thank you so much.:D

TammieO
4th of May 2007 (Fri), 22:20
Now that's just evil.:lol:

Yes, Geoff and I will come over for lunch. Thank you so much.:D

Wadda ya mean evil? It worked with the 300 f2.8!:lol:

macroshooter1970
4th of May 2007 (Fri), 22:23
a person must stick to what works

macroshooter1970
4th of May 2007 (Fri), 22:24
how many photos does every have, just curious as I been deleting a few thousand. I think I'm becoming to picky of what to keep.

Adam B.
4th of May 2007 (Fri), 22:28
Wadda ya mean evil? It worked with the 300 f2.8!:lol:

That's too good, LMAO!!!

Adam B.
4th of May 2007 (Fri), 22:29
how many photos does every have, just curious as I been deleting a few thousand. I think I'm becoming to picky of what to keep.

Burn to disc, then delete.

Cesarvai
4th of May 2007 (Fri), 22:39

I have all that I've taken about 80 in 2 weeks with my camera , I guess i need a few Models lol. :lol:

Cesar

macroshooter1970
4th of May 2007 (Fri), 22:40
I have all that I've taken about 80 in 2 weeks with my camera , I guess i need a few Models lol. :lol:

Cesar

there will be some models at the zoo, lions and lions and things.

Cesarvai
4th of May 2007 (Fri), 22:50
I was Hoping a Tiger, have better colors, speaking of colors it´s normal for pics at high ISO to be a little kind of Yellow ??? :confused:

macroshooter1970
4th of May 2007 (Fri), 23:34
Burn to disc, then delete.

I really need to do that before I loose everything.

Kristy
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 00:17
Woo Hoo!! :) It looks like I'm comming tomorrow... 7:45 am... so I guess I can't sleep in after all , huh? I'm not much of an animal photographer, I prefer people and occasional landscapes, but the thought of hanging out with a bunch of equipment junkies... could be fun! :)

Thanks for letting a short girl with a small lens come an play with the big guys. I'm looking forward to it... Now I have to check that link for directions... How long does it take to get there from Peoria?? I'm guessing about 40-45 minutes... ?

disneydork06
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 00:22
so I will see you guys at 0730-0745 tomorrow morning right? sorry, everything is becoming upside down for me cuz of finals week approaching this next week. hectic! anyways, good break from study going to the zoo :-) see you guys soon.

macroshooter1970
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 01:24
Woo Hoo!! :) It looks like I'm comming tomorrow... 7:45 am... so I guess I can't sleep in after all , huh? I'm not much of an animal photographer, I prefer people and occasional landscapes, but the thought of hanging out with a bunch of equipment junkies... could be fun! :)

Thanks for letting a short girl with a small lens come an play with the big guys. I'm looking forward to it... Now I have to check that link for directions... How long does it take to get there from Peoria?? I'm guessing about 40-45 minutes... ?

does that link work

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=4MEl4ecQLy%2fpXaf0BFVQ1A%3d%3d&longitude=G3vLL01igGQueM69FILOpg%3d%3d&name=Phoenix%20Zoo&country=US&address=455%20N%20Galvin%20Pkwy&city=Phoenix&state=AZ&zipcode=85008&phone=602%2d273%2d1341&spurl=0&&q=phoenix%20zoo&qc=Zoos

Kristy
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 01:33
Thank you. :) the link works, but it's just a map... My hubby thinks I should take the 101 to the 10 E, to the 202 E, to the 143???

I have no idea... I never get out of the west side, except if I'm going to Scottsdale.... HELP!! :)

Oh... and what should I bring? Just my camera and lens.... I don't need a tripod do I? I'm not much of a tripod shooter.... I like to hold my camera... she feels nice. :)

Cesarvai
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 01:38
Try Yahoo Maps put your adress and where you`re going to and tells you how to get there !!!!

macroshooter1970
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 01:40
when you are on the 202, I would get off at n. priest drive heading north pass van buren you will see the sign for the zoo. the zoo is marked with a red star on the map

Thank you. :) the link works, but it's just a map... My hubby thinks I should take the 101 to the 10 E, to the 202 E, to the 143???

I have no idea... I never get out of the west side, except if I'm going to Scottsdale.... HELP!! :)

Oh... and what should I bring? Just my camera and lens.... I don't need a tripod do I? I'm not much of a tripod shooter.... I like to hold my camera... she feels nice. :)

Kristy
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 01:40
DUH.... I just went on the zoo website and they have great directions from the Northwest... No worries... Sometimes I just need to think for a minute...

So what are you bringing?

macroshooter1970
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 01:41
DUH.... I just went on the zoo website and they have great directions from the Northwest... No worries... Sometimes I just need to think for a minute...

So what are you bringing?

just bring your camera, lens and memory cardsssssssssss. No tripod is needed, a mono pod could help if you use big ger glass. I'm sure you will be ok.

Kristy
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 01:44
just bring your camera, lens and memory cardsssssssssss. No tripod is need.

Sounds good... I always shoot Raw because I need that extra help for my exposure mistakes... Do you think 2 GB is enough... I have so many memory cards and now I need to burn some DVD's because they are full...:rolleyes: 2 GB should be fine.. or should I bring 4?

macroshooter1970
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 01:46
Sounds good... I always shoot Raw because I need that extra help for my exposure mistakes... Do you think 2 GB is enough... I have so many memory cards and now I need to burn some DVD's because they are full...:rolleyes: 2 GB should be fine.. or should I bring 4?

depends on you, I always carry 4 cards, you never know.

Kristy
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 01:48
depends on you, I always carry 4 cards, you never know.

Guess I'll be burning DVD's and back up DVD's tonight... and I thought I would get to bed earlier...

I'm really looking forward to this.. it will be fun to meet everyone... :)

macroshooter1970
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 01:50
Guess I'll be burning DVD's and back up DVD's tonight... and I thought I would get to bed earlier...

I'm really looking forward to this.. it will be fun to meet everyone... :)

hurry, hurry or you may not get any rest. I'm sure 2g will be fine, that is a lot of pictures.

Kristy
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 01:53
hurry, hurry or you may not get any rest. I'm sure 2g will be fine, that is a lot of pictures.

I stay up late more often than I care to admit... always editing or reading or something... 6 hours will do me fine. :) I should bring 4 gb... I can't imagine I'll use that much, but it's a good idea anyway... :) Thanks!

macroshooter1970
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 01:55
I stay up late more often than I care to admit... always editing or reading or something... 6 hours will do me fine. :) I should bring 4 gb... I can't imagine I'll use that much, but it's a good idea anyway... :) Thanks!

sounds good, I'm off to bed can hardly keep my left eye open.:lol:

Cesarvai
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 01:58
I will take all of my stuff :rolleyes: two cards included. :cry:

Kristy
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 02:02
I will take all of my stuff :rolleyes: two cards included. :cry:

I should sell you my Tamron.. you'd love it. :)

Kristy
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 02:03
sounds good, I'm off to bed can hardly keep my left eye open.:lol:

Better give that eye a little rest then... you'll need your energy for tomorrow. :)

Cesarvai
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 02:08
I want the 17-50 or 17-55 IS, I have the 30mm and i feel like i need more Wide Angle :confused:

Kristy
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 02:13
I want the 17-50 or 17-55 IS, I have the 30mm and i feel like i need more Wide Angle :confused:

Would be nice for landscapes.. :) I'm more of a portrait person, so loved my Tamron... since I upgraded, I need to think about selling it.. :)

disneydork06
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 02:57

should take about 45 minutes or so. but I take I-17 to get there. a little faster for me. especially since I like go kinda fast every now and then :evil:

disneydork06
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 02:57

16-35L 2.8, you gotta love that lens :-P I have friends that let me borrow it so I have some fun.

Zeppelin
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 04:18

LMAO - you are really funny! Convinnce Russ - LOL Pictures are a little easier to describe the dream setup that will work for both the 180mm Macro and 65mm Macro. Here is the linky. (http://azphoto.info/pages/Dream.htm) But this will have to wait, it is no doubt going to run between $2500 to $3500+

And thank you for the invite - we shall be pleased to join you.

Cheers,

Geoff

Adam B.
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 08:01
Ouch!!! Glad I'm not into the marco stuff that much.

ToferPhotography
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 11:58
Sorry i missed this one and the cool weather, i live close the wildlife zoo and maybe we could set up a visit there?

macroshooter1970
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 18:39
Sorry i missed this one and the cool weather, i live close the wildlife zoo and maybe we could set up a visit there?

no problem, there will be plenty of chances to join in.

macroshooter1970
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 19:54
Cesar, as far as I can tell your sigma looks fine on my monitor.

Kristy
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 20:13
Hey guys! I had so much fun hanging out with you all today! :) Thanks for sharing your lens with me Mike... I can't wait to see if all my pictures are blurry from camera shake...or not... shooting at 200mm is definitely a different game than what I'm used to. I liked it, but will definitely need the IS version of that lens some day...

Thanks for the invite for lunch Tammy... it was nice of you to offer... next time maybe.

So my house is clean, and we are off and running for a bit... I hope to run through my memory card late tonight.. maybe I can get something posted... Hope you all have something to share... :) It was nice to meet you all. :)

Kristy

TammieO
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 20:13
LMAO - you are really funny! Convinnce Russ - LOL Pictures are a little easier to describe the dream setup that will work for both the 180mm Macro and 65mm Macro. Here is the linky. (http://azphoto.info/pages/Dream.htm) But this will have to wait, it is no doubt going to run between $2500 to $3500+

Cheers,

Geoff

Wow, looks like a cool set up. I can see how it'll take some saving to get all that stuff.:cry:

macroshooter1970
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 20:23
Kristy, you're welcome.

Tammie, I must get a 400mm range in some type of lens soon, that is what I've been missing all this time. :rolleyes:

TammieO
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 21:10
Tammie, I must get a 400mm range in some type of lens soon, that is what I've been missing all this time. :rolleyes:

Got Geoff wanting the 65 MP-E and now you wanting longer. My work is done (for now anyway)! :lol:

TammieO
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 21:15
I had a great time at the zoo and it certainly was fun visiting with everyone over burgers and chips. Hopefully we'll be able to do it again and everyone who couldn't make it this time can join in.

macroshooter1970
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 21:19
I had a great time at the zoo and it certainly was fun visiting with everyone over burgers and chips. Hopefully we'll be able to do it again and everyone who couldn't make it this time can join in.

It was, I was so full I didn't know what to do. I'm still hurting :) but it was worth it. My Chicago Bulls are getting spanked by the Pistons :evil: not good, oh well, Jordan the BULLS NEED YOU TO RESURRECT YOURSELF DAM NIT LOL.

disneydork06
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 21:25
It was, I was so full I didn't know what to do. I'm still hurting :) but it was worth it. My Chicago Bulls are getting spanked by the Pistons :evil: not good, oh well, Jordan the BULLS NEED YOU TO RESURRECT YOURSELF DAM NIT LOL.

just like how he did for washington? lol. yeah right.

It was great Tammie, I had my fair share of the food as well. but I'm ready to eat again now :-P I can't wait to make it to the next outing. It was great meeting you all.

macroshooter1970
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 21:27
just like how he did for washington? lol. yeah right.

It was great Tammie, I had my fair share of the food as well. but I'm ready to eat again now :-P I can't wait to make it to the next outing. It was great meeting you all.

washington doesn't count hehe, you know what I'm talking about.

how can you be ready to eat after those burgers?

macroshooter1970
5th of May 2007 (Sat), 21:48
tigers are cool

Zeppelin
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 00:11
Wow, looks like a cool set up. I can see how it'll take some saving to get all that stuff.:cry:

My best guess it that the rig will do the job for both the 65mm and the 180mm. And now with Russ sharing some of the images taken with that lens, it is firmly entrenched in my highly desired catagory.

Zooing was fun and a big thank you for lunch Tammie and Russ! It was yummy and we had lots of laughs and good company.

I have not used the 100/400 in a while and it is silly how spoiled I got being able to move in close with the 180. I had to stand back further than I recalled for the close ups today, ha ha. Taking only one lens had a huge impact. Was nowhere near as tired and did not accumulate all the normal aches and pains.

Zeppelin
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 00:13
Pretty kitty Arizona85224

macroshooter1970
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 00:14
My best guess it that the rig will do the job for both the 65mm and the 180mm. And now with Russ sharing some of the images taken with that lens, it is firmly entrenched in my highly desired catagory.

Zooing was fun and a big thank you for lunch Tammie and Russ! It was yummy and we had lots of laughs and good company.

I have not used the 100/400 in a while and it is silly how spoiled I got being able to move in close with the 180. I had to stand back further than I recalled for the close ups today, ha ha. Taking only one lens had a huge impact. Was nowhere near as tired and did not accumulate all the normal aches and pains.

just curious, when do you think you will have the rig.

Zeppelin
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 00:15
Got Geoff wanting the 65 MP-E and now you wanting longer. My work is done (for now anyway)! :lol:

:p :p :p :p :p :p

Adam B.
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 00:27
Nice kitty Mike.

Tammie,
Thanks again for lunch. I had a great time.

sassinak
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 01:20
Just wanted to say that I had an awesome time today and it was great to meet more of you guys. And thanks for the food Tammie and Russ, it was great!

Gonna run for tonight, but did want to quickly post two of my shots from today.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/193/485985549_ac0847041f_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/220/485955106_0e0b7ea7f5_o.jpg

Zeppelin
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 01:42
just curious, when do you think you will have the rig.

I hope to have this or a similar setup well on its way to completion within the next 12 months. One of the huge advantages to the collared lenses is being able to simply and swiftly change from portrait to landscape while on a tripod or monopod. Hence one rail system combo is looking better than the other. The flash extender portion of this is complement the 180mm macro for close up type work.

Zeppelin
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 01:44
Nice birdies sassinak!

Kristy
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 04:46
My contribution for the day... :) A lot of my images were a little soft, I knew they would be.. it's not easy shooting a 200mm... like learning all over again..

Anyway, I have a few to share, but I thought this was one of my favorites... :)

thanks again for a fun time! :)

Adam B.
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 11:35
Here's two of "the baby" I got the last time I was there.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/184/465730965_7ed3a50587_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/172/465731697_4ddb4402bc_o.jpg

macroshooter1970
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 12:45
hmmmmmmm................... what to do next?

macroshooter1970
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 12:46
Here's two of "the baby" I got the last time I was there.

looks like the little guy is playing games

macroshooter1970
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 12:52
My contribution for the day... :) A lot of my images were a little soft, I knew they would be.. it's not easy shooting a 200mm... like learning all over again..

Anyway, I have a few to share, but I thought this was one of my favorites... :)

thanks again for a fun time! :)

to bad about the oof shots, takes a little getting used to.

Kristy
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 13:10
to bad about the oof shots, takes a little getting used to.

It's okay... I have a handful of things that are really nice.. I was having fun just shooting with no great expectations of myself, so really anything worth keeping is a bonus.

It was fun playing with the longer lens, but I KNOW I'll definitely either need to have IS, or start lifting more weights to get stronger so I can hold the thing... You gus with the monopods are on to something. :)

macroshooter1970
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 13:12
It's okay... I have a handful of things that are really nice.. I was having fun just shooting with no great expectations of myself, so really anything worth keeping is a bonus.

It was fun playing with the longer lens, but I KNOW I'll definitely either need to have IS, or start lifting more weights to get stronger so I can hold the thing... You gus with the monopods are on to something. :)

monopod will help, I like Terry's how is adjust so fast.

Zeppelin
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 14:35
Nice Apes there Kristy and Adam -

As far as shooting a longer lens K, don't feel bad. I can't even hold the 100/400 steady on a monopod with IS turned on - so I now use a tripod most of the time. :D

Zeppelin
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 15:10
Sleepy otter.:D

http://www.azphoto.info/Azphoto/slides/IMG_5213.html

TammieO
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 17:25
Nice Kitty, Baby Ape and Otter!
Here are 2 of mine...
I like the color of the flowers. As far as the meerkat, Russ wants to know what he's doing with his hands.:rolleyes:

macroshooter1970
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 17:26
Nice Kitty, Baby Ape and Otter!
Here are 2 of mine...
I like the color of the flowers. As far as the meerkat, I'm Russ wants to know what he's doing with his hands.:rolleyes:

I'd say he is, well you know :oops:

Zeppelin
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 18:26
Pretty Flower Tammie - and a naughty Meerkat! :blush:

macroshooter1970
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 18:31
the flower is nice, did you use flash on it

TammieO
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 18:53
the flower is nice, did you use flash on it

Nope, no flash. OOPS! I just check and the flash did fire.

macroshooter1970
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 20:20
Nope, no flash. OOPS! I just check and the flash did fire.

shame on you :lol:

macroshooter1970
6th of May 2007 (Sun), 20:21
can't stop cracking up at the meerkat, that is a funny one.

Cesarvai
7th of May 2007 (Mon), 01:35
Very nice pics from all of you, I think I did better than I expect not bad for my first official day taking pics.
Terry Thank You very much for let me borrowed your lens it was great now I want one of those :rolleyes: maybe after the 17-55 IS.
Tammie and Russ thanks for Lunch that was real GOOD :lol: . Mike Thank You for trying my lens its good to know they seems to be OK.
It was nice to meet you all I had a great time ( I know I dont speak much, am I shy :oops: lol ). Here are a couple of pics:

Zeppelin
7th of May 2007 (Mon), 04:36
Cesarvai - nice hooter and flowers - It was nice meeting you.

azphotos
7th of May 2007 (Mon), 05:32
Here is another shot from the Zoo. It is Mama ducky playing in the water.

http://www.azphoto.info/Azphoto/slides/IMG_5541.html

Oh, this is Geoff, I just decided this handle, azphotos, is better than being a leaky gas bag.

azphotos
7th of May 2007 (Mon), 06:03
I have been asked what my Avatar is - it is thirsty Lilly Bug (aka Stinker)

TammieO
7th of May 2007 (Mon), 15:55
Cesar, You did well for your first time out! I hope manage to get together again soon.

TammieO
7th of May 2007 (Mon), 15:59
Here is another shot from the Zoo. It is Mama ducky playing in the water.

Oh, this is Geoff, I just decided this handle, azphotos, is better than being a leaky gas bag.
Geoff, Mama Ducky is so cute! and isn't a "LARGE leaky gas bag"? :lol:

I have been asked what my Avatar is - it is thirsty Lilly Bug (aka Stinker)

Your avatar is hillarious! With a nickname of Stinker, I'm assuming this is Adam B's favorite cat.

Kristy
7th of May 2007 (Mon), 16:29
Great pics everyone. :) I'm enjoying the show... here are a couple more... The cactus is about a 100% crop, so there wasn't much left to spare... even with the 200mm, I couldn't get close enough to the flower... I guess I need that 500mm bad boy.. LOL! Good luck trying to hand hold that thing...

Anyway.. turtles and a pretty cactus flower....

Tammy, I was looking at those red flowers you shot.. and I never made it over to them... so pretty! Seems like we all got a shot of that red desert spikey flower thing... Nice one Ceasar... I have the exact same one on my memory card, I think... Fun day! Thanks for letting me tag along with you all... :)

I have a couple of group shots of everyone with their gear....an impressive looking group.... Is anyone opposed to having their image posted? I want to do the right thing, and I forgot to ask in person. I promise to make you look beautiful or rugged.. your preference of course... (lol)

sassinak
7th of May 2007 (Mon), 16:56
It doesn't bother me if I'm in a picture.

I'm actually trying to find some of me since I don't have many because I'm always behind the camera, so if anyone has a picture of two of me, I'd love to have a copy. I don't need the entire 8/10MP file, I'm just looking for something reasonable so I can update my Facebook/Myspace photos and have more than like 4 photos of me that are recent (past 4 years).

Kristy, I uploaded some of my Havasupai photos to my Flickr account if you want to look at my Havasupai shots. I'll try to get the rest uploaded tonight so that it's complete.

Kristy
7th of May 2007 (Mon), 17:01
It doesn't bother me if I'm in a picture.

I'm actually trying to find some of me since I don't have many because I'm always behind the camera, so if anyone has a picture of two of me, I'd love to have a copy. I don't need the entire 8/10MP file, I'm just looking for something reasonable so I can update my Facebook/Myspace photos and have more than like 4 photos of me that are recent (past 4 years).

Kristy, I uploaded some of my Havasupai photos to my Flickr account if you want to look at my Havasupai shots. I'll try to get the rest uploaded tonight so that it's complete.

aww.. you should have said something on Saturday.. I would have shot off a handful of images of you.. I like photographing people... Plus the zoo was such a perfect place for some portrait work... there were many pretty spots that make a nice backdrop. Next time remind me.. we can take a few with your camera and you can edit them. ;)

Yeah.. i'd love to see those pictures when they are ready. Let me know...

azphotos
7th of May 2007 (Mon), 18:08
Geoff, Mama Ducky is so cute! and isn't a "LARGE leaky gas bag"? :lol:
The 1/1000 exposure captured the water splash nicely - glad you thought it was cute.

:p :p :p Yes, darn it! :p :p :p

Your avatar is hillarious! With a nickname of Stinker, I'm assuming this is Adam B's favorite cat.

She was a thirsty little kitten and would always raid my water glass. My Canon P&S captured the moment! Yes, that is Adam's favorite little kitty with the moniker that he bestowed upon her!

azphotos
7th of May 2007 (Mon), 18:13
Nice flower and turtles Kristy! The Zoo is fun!

macroshooter1970
7th of May 2007 (Mon), 19:17
I will post some of the shots I took of the group in my pbase site. It is under the Arizona Group gallery and I will pm everyone the password later after work. I prefer to not be posted on the web, maybe one day I will get over it. So if you have some crappy shots of me feel free to e-mail to arizona85224@cox.net.

TammieO
7th of May 2007 (Mon), 19:42
Kristy, it looks like you did fine with the 70-200. Those are some nice pics! I'm okay with having my face posted here.

I have pics of Adam, Ryan, Kristy, Cesar and Geoff. Getting photos of people in our group was a challenge with the 300. People kept walking in front just as I pressed the shutter release.:evil:

Kristy
7th of May 2007 (Mon), 20:50
I will post some of the shots I took of the group in my pbase site. It is under the Arizona Group gallery and I will pm everyone the password later after work. I prefer to not be posted on the web, maybe one day I will get over it. So if you have some crappy shots of me feel free to e-mail to arizona85224@cox.net.
Allright then... I won't post because I kind of forget the names of a few people.. don't want to offend anyone..... Maybe I can post on my smugmug in a private password protected gallery... ?? And who ever from the group wants to see them can pm me for a password. I'll delete it in 2 weeks.... Would you be okay with that? They're cute pictures I promise... remember I'm a portrait gal, so... I promise you will look beautiful or handsome... It's just a couple of cool shots of people with gear, and people talking about their gear.. journalistic kind of stuff... Pleeeaaassee...??

Nice flower and turtles Kristy! The Zoo is fun!

Thank you! It was fun! :) I'm thankful that I got to come along.. All these pictures are fun to share and it was good practice.. :)

Kristy, it looks like you did fine with the 70-200. Those are some nice pics! I'm okay with having my face posted here.

I have pics of Adam, Ryan, Kristy, Cesar and Geoff. Getting photos of people in our group was a challenge with the 300. People kept walking in front just as I pressed the shutter release.:evil:

The 70-200 was great to use.. :) I loved the smooth focus and that extra reach was so fun.. I think I had it out to 200mm 95% of the time.. .something new for my wish list..:rolleyes: . I think about 30% or so were soft focused.. maybe more. I'm not complaining... the ones that turned out were nice... I just had to concentrate on holding it steady... :confused:

macroshooter1970
7th of May 2007 (Mon), 21:10
I pm'ed the password, if I forgot anyone in the pictures it's because they were to blown out and I just deleted them. I'll get you next time.

macroshooter1970
7th of May 2007 (Mon), 22:07

Tammie, bring a water gun and shoot people as they get in your way.

macroshooter1970
7th of May 2007 (Mon), 22:33
Tammie, did you see the Conan Visits Intel video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N6IRW70_ho

-----------

TammieO
7th of May 2007 (Mon), 22:56
Tammie, did you see the Conan Visits Intel video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N6IRW70_ho
-----------

Yup. It was going around the office area today. We all had a good laugh.

Cesarvai
7th of May 2007 (Mon), 23:17
I just found out that one of the guys that works where I work is a Motorcycle Racer Driver ( is that correct ? lol ) ok drives his Motorcycle in races (at Firebird ??) anyway I will try next time he runs to go and take Pics I guess those are Harder but I can Try 160 MPH wow. TWO MORE:

Cesar

macroshooter1970
7th of May 2007 (Mon), 23:23
I just found out that one of the guys that works where I work is a Motorcycle Racer Driver ( is that correct ? lol ) ok drives his Motorcycle in races (at Firebird ??) anyway I will try next time he runs to go and take Pics I guess those are Harder but I can Try 160 MPH wow. TWO MORE:

Cesar

Nice shots Cesar. Firebird Raceway is fun, was there a few a few weeks ago for the bug o rama. Had a friend racing that day.

azphotos
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 00:11
Excellent shots Cesar - have fun at the races!

azphotos
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 00:19
I pm'ed the password, if I forgot anyone in the pictures it's because they were to blown out and I just deleted them. I'll get you next time.

Thanks Mike, they were great shots. :D

disneydork06
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 01:28

Cesar

Nice. motorcycle races are cool. makes me wish I hadn't sold mine a bit ago. good luck shooting.

I would love to see pics of myself. especially from a talented shooter. when do I get to see them?

Hatch1921
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 02:46
Hi all,

As some of you may know...I'm sitting over here in the Middle East at the moment. I've kept an eye on this thread and it is great to see you all having so much fun. The photos from the zoo are great. I can't see them all as the GOV computer has certain site blocked. I will be home in a few weeks and I won't have to worry about the censorship anymore.

Have you all seen this site and would a day trip later on in the year be something you all would be interested in?

http://www.nature.org/wherewework/northamerica/states/arizona/preserves/

Ramsey Canyon looks great...then again...they all do. :) I'm up for anything when I get back. I haven't visited any of these locations. Not sure what to expect.

I've kept busy over here...shooting for the base paper on occasion and stuff around base. Since I can't link to my server from the GOV computer...I will include a few links from another site I use.

For Cersarvai...some shots from the Losail race track here in Qatar. The bikes were fast!!!
http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view;jsessionid=aOiPqLTnVKd7iC6AQj?id=1950708&forward=user

http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1947520&forward=user

http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1947413&forward=user

http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1945082&forward=user

http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1942935&forward=user

The Royal Couple... they visited the base and I was tasked to take some shots.
http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1945801&forward=user

http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1958857&forward=user

http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1947512&forward=user

The local lizard ...I posted this in the macro section as well... more shots in there...
http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1976429&forward=user

http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1975601&forward=user

http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1975599&forward=user

http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1973193&forward=user

Thanks for looking and if you all want to plan a trip to one of the reserves...I'm sure we can find something interesting to photograph.

Take care,
Hatch

Kristy
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 02:51
Lots to look at there... I just posted my zoo photos on smugmug in a protect gallery to keep privacy for those who desire it... Here's the link and I guess just PM me if you want the password.

http://ksnyderphoto.smugmug.com/Landscapes click on the zoo folder..

Happy Day!

macroshooter1970
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 07:32
Hi all,

As some of you may know...I'm sitting over here in the Middle East at the moment. I've kept an eye on this thread and it is great to see you all having so much fun. The photos from the zoo are great. I can't see them all as the GOV computer has certain site blocked. I will be home in a few weeks and I won't have to worry about the censorship anymore.

Have you all seen this site and would a day trip later on in the year be something you all would be interested in?

Ramsey Canyon looks great...then again...they all do. :) I'm up for anything when I get back. I haven't visited any of these locations. Not sure what to expect.

I've kept busy over here...shooting for the base paper on occasion and stuff around base. Since I can't link to my server from the GOV computer...I will include a few links from another site I use.

Some nice shots there. I've seen that web site before and still do think about visiting some time. Be safe out there and let us know when you are back home.

Hatch1921
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 11:57
Thank you for hte kind words. Glad you enjoyed the shots. Hope to meet you all one day. Take care, Hatch

disneydork06
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 12:48
everone had some great photos. here is my try at posting some of my "work" from the zoo. btw, love the lenses tammie, thank you so much!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/189/489860365_e7511fcec4.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/219/489860341_ef5486bb10.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/224/489860335_c38f7d41f9.jpg

and i have quite a few photos of people in the group so if anyone wants to see them...um, I'll try and find a place to post them so they can be kept private unless no one doesn't mind.

Adam B.
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 20:26
Here's a couple from my view.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/209/486939802_68ae782634_o.jpg

The end of Spring.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/196/486940392_a2c7dd1965_o.jpg

Kristy
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 21:05
Great humming bird shot Ryan! I didn't get one of those.. I think I had traded my lens back by the time we saw the bird... So cute!

Adam I love that flower shot...very Southwesty.... nice composition and the DOF is super! I have a soft spot for flowers... .

Adam B.
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 21:09
Thank you Kristy.
I've found a soft spot in my heart for flowers that I never knew I had.

TammieO
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 21:13
Nice pics everyone! I finally uploaded POTN_portraits,http://www.pbase.com/tammie_and_russ/potn_portraits
The password is the same one arizona85224 used for his. :p

macroshooter1970
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 21:19
I learned 3 new words today. Bosque Del Apache

TammieO
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 21:22
Hi all,

Thanks for looking and if you all want to plan a trip to one of the reserves...I'm sure we can find something interesting to photograph.

Take care,
Hatch

Hey Hatch, it's good to know you're doing well over there! Great pics...especially the lizard!
I've been to the Patagonia-Sonoita Preserve. It's worth the 3 hour drive.

The other place we like down that way is Garden and Huachuca Canyon (on Fort Huachuca in Sierra Vista). Let us all know when you get back. STAY SAFE!

TammieO
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 21:29
Lots to look at there... I just posted my zoo photos on smugmug in a protect gallery to keep privacy for those who desire it... Here's the link and I guess just PM me if you want the password.

http://ksnyderphoto.smugmug.com/Landscapes click on the zoo folder..

Happy Day!

Kristy...I browsed your website and all I got to say is, "WOW". As for the zoo, I really love the duckies and the baby gorilla.

TammieO
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 21:40

You crack me up.:lol: Just think...if you still lived in NM, you could do day trips there.

macroshooter1970
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 21:44
You crack me up.:lol: Just think...if you still lived in NM, you could do day trips there.

shame on me, all the birds I could have shot.

Az2Africa
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 22:10
Hi All. I just talked to Scott Smith and the 2 day lighting seminar is set for the weekend of June 30th. The price and details will be up on his website in a few days.

michael88
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 23:01
Hi All. I just talked to Scott Smith and the 2 day lighting seminar is set for the weekend of June 30th. The price and details will be up on his website in a few days.

I am looking forward to this. This should be an excellent learning opportunity.

Kristy
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 23:34
Kristy...I browsed your website and all I got to say is, "WOW". As for the zoo, I really love the duckies and the baby gorilla. Aww... :oops: Thank you. I really have fun with photography. Still have lots to learn, but the process has been so rewarding.
I loved the duckies... so cute and fuzzy... and that little gorilla baby (orangutang) was the cutest little thing I have seen in a long time... She was
cracking me up!

AWESOME!! :) I've been waiting for details on this... I'm trying to decide if I can swing it... I could really learn alot that would help me along my journey. :)

Do you know his website so I can bookmark it.. Thanks!

Kristy
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 23:35
Thank you Kristy.
I've found a soft spot in my heart for flowers that I never knew I had.

Kind of fun learning about yourself through your photos, huh? :)

JmprSteve
8th of May 2007 (Tue), 23:37
Scott Smith's web site is: lightingmagic.com

I'm looking forward to this too!

Adam B.
9th of May 2007 (Wed), 00:15

That's nice, now share!!!

Adam B.
9th of May 2007 (Wed), 00:22
Kind of fun learning about yourself through your photos, huh? :)

Yeah, it is.

macroshooter1970
9th of May 2007 (Wed), 00:22
That's nice, now share!!!

Not much to share other than I would like to go there with some big glass and shoot up the place. :)

Adam B.
9th of May 2007 (Wed), 00:25

Fantasic!!!

Adam B.
9th of May 2007 (Wed), 00:29
Not much to share other than I would like to go there with some big glass and shoot up the place. :)

After Google'ing it I agree. Sounds like a great place.

macroshooter1970
9th of May 2007 (Wed), 00:33
After Google'ing it I agree. Sounds like a great place.

sure is and I once lived near it, just didn't have the proper gear.

http://search.pbase.com/search?q=Bosque+Del+Apache&b=Search+Photos&c=sp