PDA

View Full Version : Proshow Gold

PIXI_666
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 07:51
Hi Guys

I recently posted about DVD slideshows, i want to try it out, and so i got Proshow gold as it seemed like it was a mojority choice.

Problem is it seems very basic to me, but i have seen the work of a few people's and they have done really good things with the program, but i am 100% sur ei have looked through EVERYTHIG to get into a more creative mode...but i can't find anything else.

All i keep seeing is a DVD slideshow that my colleague got done for $400 by a pro for his daughter's wedding, and he picked parts out, enlarged them, made a colour photo turn into black and white, enlarged the bouquet then picked that apart it was just amazing and i WANT to do what he did....but have no idea where in Proshow gold to look?

Any ideas on the program or tips etc. would be greatly appreciated :)

(I keep finding programs and using them but keep being dissapointed with what i get...)

Del

dphotomania
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 08:06
color to black and white, simple, Photoshop CS2!!

enlarged the bouquet, when you double click on the slide, there is a motion section which you can zoom in onto the bouquet even rotate it if you want.

PIXI_666
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 08:33
lol well now i just feel plain ol stoopid....lol

PIXI_666
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 08:38
hmm...tried it....feel REALLY stupid now hahahaha

thanks dph, it was double clicking ON to the phot that stumped me...and just common sense to put the 2 images from B&W to colour, i feel retarded hahaha but glad u helpe dme :)

Del

BLINN
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 08:48
LOL we have all been there Del. That is what these forums are for. Even if you fight with someone on one topic, they can always come back and help you out on another. Keep up the great work. Have fun shooting.

dphotomania
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 08:55
You are welcome PIXI, Like Blinn said, we are here to help each other.
When I first started photography, I got alot of helps from this forum's member.

Time for me to pay back!! :)

It is not stupid, if you didnt see it!! :D

PIXI_666
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 09:26
hehe well i am now "cruisin" with the program...so i am glad i posted this thread even if i feel a bit dumbassy lol...wow big improvement with jsut a few tweaks, i really wish i knew about the double clicking first time around, but we do need to larn from out mistakes, so thanks for helping me out dph...and thinking im not as stupid as i think i might sound tonight lol - same goes for you blinn :) THANKS!

dphotomania
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 09:30
Have you seen some of the Contest Winner's work??

They are good.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/contest/

go to the bottom and check them out.

PIXI_666
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 09:47
yes i have but i might take another look tomorrow to pick up some tips, my first one that i am doing is for my brother...he has some VERY different photo's....instead of the classic "Kiss" he and his wife are using tonuges with a beautiful sunset as a backdrop...lol there's just no class with that boy HAHAHA jk! I lvoe them all the same... :) i wonder if i could post my show on the web somewhere to get c&c?

Anyway great help guys....:) very happy!!

dphotomania
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 11:45
In ProShowPro - I know you can create a html show. FTP it to your server and copy the link here.

tim
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 16:44
The fade from color to B&W (or vice versa) is just two slides, with the same picture and one set to B&W, with a simple transition effect.

mchivers
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 17:24
i put this show together for a costumer.noticed i had crop the legs off in proshow before i gave it to her(luckily).

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2460424&alb=0

getting a really good response from brides when i go to book them

martin

PIXI_666
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 18:04
yeh the B&W thing pretty much became simple to me once i put 2 slides in and just desaturated it in the actual program....thats why i feel so dumb lol it was all very easy once i double clicked and went into the extra's DUH!

mchivers ill look at your show when i get a chance today :) thanks for posting!!

tim
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 18:09
I do my B&Ws using the channel mixer in PS, it looks a lot better to my eye, but for a TV - not so important.

tim
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 18:39
i put this show together for a costumer.noticed i had crop the legs off in proshow before i gave it to her(luckily).

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2460424&alb=0

getting a really good response from brides when i go to book them

martin

Martin, would you like my constructive critique and suggestions to help make your show better? I can post it here or PM it to you if you'd like it.

cinci-photo
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 20:06
I also just purchased Proshow Gold. I can't remember the thread, but I someone had posted a slideshow where there were 3 pictures in one frame. I loved the idea and have been searching the "help" to learn how to do it. NO LUCK. Can anyone help with this one?

tim
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 20:08
I also just purchased Proshow Gold. I can't remember the thread, but I someone had posted a slideshow where there were 3 pictures in one frame. I loved the idea and have been searching the "help" to learn how to do it. NO LUCK. Can anyone help with this one?

I suspect you need proshow producer to do that in proshow. The workaround is to put them together in photoshop and take them in as one picture.

cinci-photo
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 20:16
Thanks Tim. I thought I'd have to go the "collage" route, but I was hoping not to.

PIXI_666
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 20:24
If you find the thread post it on here id like to see what you meant? I think a bit of PS work would emphasise the show...and i guess thats why this guy charged so much because just basic stuff is taking me a few hrs to get it all right lol

Its fun tho i love doing it!!

cinci-photo
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 21:35
If you find the thread post it on here id like to see what you meant? I think a bit of PS work would emphasise the show...and i guess thats why this guy charged so much because just basic stuff is taking me a few hrs to get it all right lol

Its fun tho i love doing it!!

I'm showing my ignorance here. I can't seem to create a link. Try this: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=141062
You should be able to copy and paste in your browser to get there. If not.... it's in the Glamour section - page 2 - titled Glamour Slide Show - posted by dennykyser

He even explains how he acheived the effect - sort of. I'm off to try....
Good Luck

PIXI_666
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 21:40
thanks jamey i will check it out :) for some reason my browser wont let me open the website slideshows i have NOOOO idea why...lol but ill give it another go!!

scorpiojo
8th of March 2006 (Wed), 21:48
Martin, nice slide show...

PIXI_666
9th of March 2006 (Thu), 07:33
ok i checked out the links people have posted, i liked the wedding that mike showed, id love to know how you did the 3 frames up there the whole time, i am still on the basics i guess lol

The only thing i could think of was maybe speed up the photos a bit, seeme dlike they sat there for a while whether it was my connection i dont know but i loved it, it was beautiful!

And the glamour one, i checked it out and yeh i love how he did the rubbing in of 3 pics in the one, i might look into the pro edition if u can do that to it coz thats what i want to achieve!

Thanks guys - u have been great helps as per usual :)

psykoko
9th of March 2006 (Thu), 08:20
if you find the trick to do it, i will be interested too ;)
thanks

cinci-photo
9th of March 2006 (Thu), 08:45
I too, would like to know. Here's how Denny did it with the glamour slide show. I haven't tried it yet. It sounds like, if I'm reading it right, he made a collage and just blended them together. I'll give it a shot tonight. Anyway...... here it is.

"Ok, the photos are seperate pictures with a very short transcition between them, actually most have none. I open a photo. save it as example.jpeg. Then I open a photo I want to blend into it and duplicate the layer, take the clone tool and clone the second image onto the first. Then save it as example2.jpeg. Then in the slide show have the paint brush transcition blend the two together.

Hope that helps, in short its 2 or 3 different pictures that have a quick transcition. If the rest of the slides are 4 seconds and I have 2 pics to layer, I put each one at 2 seconds making it seem like it just stacks the image."

psykoko
9th of March 2006 (Thu), 09:06
I will try this evening...
but my english is not as nice as i want, i don't know if i understand all of tour message ;)

tim
9th of March 2006 (Thu), 16:26
That post could probably be written a little more simply. Basically you make a single image in photoshop that has more than one photo on it. If you want to have photos appearing then you have one image with one photo, another with two photos, etc.

The trick is to make a canvas that a bit more than twice the size of your images, copy the image, paste onto the canvas, and save it as "photo1". Copy a second image, paste onto the canvas, drag to the area you want it, save as "photo2". etc. If you want a border around your individual photos, before you hit copy, hit Control-A (select all), then choose "stroke" from the image menu. Then Control-C to copy.

I'm not sure this post is any clearer than the one above, but it's really very easy to do.

PIXI_666
9th of March 2006 (Thu), 19:33
it is probably really simple to do....but im so slow that it will probably hit me in 6mths time and ill go "DUUUUUH!" at myself haha

tim
9th of March 2006 (Thu), 20:22
It's really very easy Del. Here are four example images that show what you'd do in photoshop. I grabbed 4 random photos and it's not a great design, it's just an example.

When you use a standard fade between the shots it looks like you're slowing fading one in but leaving the others there. If you want to dim the other ones when a new one comes in just reduce the opacity of the layer in photoshop.

http://mrwild.co.nz/unprotected/wp/temp/ps-collage-1.jpg

http://mrwild.co.nz/unprotected/wp/temp/ps-collage-2.jpg

http://mrwild.co.nz/unprotected/wp/temp/ps-collage-3.jpg

http://mrwild.co.nz/unprotected/wp/temp/ps-collage-4.jpg

PIXI_666
9th of March 2006 (Thu), 20:35
I get it now :) thanks Tim

Now i have to figure out how to keep an image staying there...but im sure with some tweaking ill get it, for now my huge problem is being able to freakin PLAY the dvd's or cd's on my computer, i have spent the last hour downloading codecs or some crap to show my work mates the rsults lol

i think i need a solid 8hr sleep lol my brain is annoying me :)

Del

tim
9th of March 2006 (Thu), 20:38
Change the number under and image to keep a slide around for longer... is that what you mean?

If you burn a DVD it should play in any DVD player, PC or hardware. It's only if you generate a video codecs might come into play. Tell me what trouble you're having with burning/viewing DVDs and I might be able to help.

PIXI_666
9th of March 2006 (Thu), 21:36
Tim, i think it might jsut be because i dont have any knowledge on burning DVD's, i tried it last night and it pops out and says it's not going to work or something similar, hubby knows a lot about DVD burning, does it at least once a night lol so ill get him to look at it, if nothing comes of that then ill ask you again :)

I got it to play on the dvd player last night when i burnt it as a CD, but the menu didnt work, and it was also very grainy (That might be due to the fact that my screen is 106cms tho lol)

Ill try this weekend and let u know how it goes.... THANKS :)

tim
9th of March 2006 (Thu), 21:38
Video CDs aren't as detailed as DVDs, you should probably burn as a high quality dvd. They don't do menus either AFAIK. If your hubby can't fix it write down the error message or post a screen shot of it and i'll see if I can help :)

PIXI_666
9th of March 2006 (Thu), 22:20
Yeh i want to focus on DVD's but work mates wanted to see the show today and because i was up until 12 last night and it had 5 more minutes to go to do a CD (As the DVD didnt work as said before lol) i just basically had a "F it" attitude haha!

Will work on it this weekend, if i cant resolve it ill take you up on your kind offer, its nothing urgent but id just like to be able to do them as an extra, and also this one for my Brother is important, the show (For me as a beginner) turned out well and my parents and Kate's parents are all sentimental so i want to give them these as gifts :)

Ill let you know :):)

tim
9th of March 2006 (Thu), 22:23
You can always share it on the web - there's a menu option to do that - it uploads to the photodex site, but it doesn't provide confirmation it's doing it - until it's done.

PIXI_666
9th of March 2006 (Thu), 22:25
I saw that...but i think i had to register so i might try that today some time too...i was so over it last night hahaha i had my desktop and lap top and i was adding things here deleting things there ripping hair out etc. lol

DAG123
10th of March 2006 (Fri), 16:31
Have you seen some of the Contest Winner's work??

They are good.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/contest/

go to the bottom and check them out.

Anyone know the name of the song played in this slideshow? I want it!

psykoko
10th of March 2006 (Fri), 16:55
which one??

DAG123
10th of March 2006 (Fri), 17:04
which one??

The winners!!

Winter Solitude I think was the name of the slideshow

tim
10th of March 2006 (Fri), 18:59
Actually just found it. You could try emailing the author and asking them, that's worked for me in the past.

It's a good show (http://www.photodex.com/sharing/spotlight/demoshows_2005-12-1.html), done with proshow producer. The snow video effect is on another layer, which proshow gold can't do.

PIXI_666
10th of March 2006 (Fri), 21:21
just out of interest i got it to work hehehe Steve goes to me straight away after i asked him "Your using the wrong DVD's" lol DUH! It works now...YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!! And such good quality on the 106cm's i wa blown away hahaha