PDA

View Full Version : Macro contest #4: a Macro LANDSCAPE (closes 7th April)

racketman
24th of March 2006 (Fri), 11:29
As there are not many bugs about in some parts of the world as yet I have chosen a subject that can be attampted any time of the year - a macro LANDSCAPE

Remember, this is a macro challenge and all entries should be taken just for this contest. First impressions are important as is a catchy title, technical competence and interesting interpretation of the subject.

Photos should be sent to: potnmacrocontest at gmail dot com

TITLE all emails MACRO. Entries close Friday April 7th 8am GMT.

View entries at: http://potnmacrogallery.fotopic.net (http://potnmacrogallery.fotopic.net/)

RULES

1) The contest will run for two weeks and will end on Friday April 7th 2006 at 8:00AM GMT.

2) You can submit up to two pictures, and change these if you wish up to the time that the competition ends.

3) Post processing - nothing that substantially changes the original composition of the image. Click here (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96180)for clarification.

4) Photos must be no larger than 800 pixels at the longest dimension and a maximum of 200k. Click here (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=663519&postcount=26) for help on this.

5) No framing of pictures, text or copyright notices.

6) This competition is a learning experience so we ask you, where possible, to take photos especially for the contest.

7) At the end of the competition, a separate thread will be started to seek the votes of forum members over the period of 1 week. The person with the most votes will be declared the winner. The winner should volunteer to run the next challenge.

Please be patient with me if it takes one or two days for me to get submissions posted.

Finally, please ensure that you have read this post fully and understand the rules prior to sending.

Submitting your photo

SEND PHOTOS TO: potnmacrocontest at gmail dot com
Note: Please allow up to 48 hours for your photo to post. If it is not posted within this time frame please send me a note via this forum.
TITLE All e-mails "MACRO" If the e-mail subject is not titled as such, I will not open the attachment and you will not be entered into the contest!
Please submit photos in the format "username_0x.jpg", where x is the number of the submission (i.e. 1 or 2).
Please submit a TITLE with your picture along with the DATE it was taken.
Additionally a brief explanation if needed to emphasise how this photo meets the theme. Commenting on photos before the voting closes:
You can comment on any photo in this competition, provided it does not have an asterix (*) next to the title.
If the photo have an asterix (*) next to the title commenting should wait until after voting
I'll assume that everyone is happy for people to comment on their photos.
If you do not wish to have your photo commented on, just drop me an email/pm and I'll add an asterix to the

Mike Bell
24th of March 2006 (Fri), 11:48
Entries close Friday March 17th 8am GMT.

You want to check that closing date Racketman? Last time I looked today is March 24th and you just started a competition that closed last week!

mecdave
24th of March 2006 (Fri), 12:28
You want to check that closing date Racketman? Last time I looked today is March 24th and you just started a competition that closed last week!

That's what you call a Copy and Paste bug. lol :lol:

racketman
24th of March 2006 (Fri), 12:41

as MecDave surmised - I copied and pasted with abandon.

racketman
24th of March 2006 (Fri), 12:59
Gallery is now up and running with a simple header shot taken a few minutes ago - your entries better be superior to that effort!

Action_Man
24th of March 2006 (Fri), 13:05
Can the landscape include _____________ insects ? ...

racketman
24th of March 2006 (Fri), 13:13
Can the landscape include _____________ insects ? ...

I had in mind an impression of a full sized landscape but done with macro subjects - it would be feasible to include insects but would require great skill - that should make you try!
I wonder if the edge of a puddle could be made to look like the shore line - maybe some mist or a setting sun included ????
My guess is the winning entry will have used a tripod/filter.

racketman
27th of March 2006 (Mon), 08:34
bump

mecdave
27th of March 2006 (Mon), 08:36
Just sent in my first entry. Camara and bags are all packed. Hopefully my next entry will be landscape from Death Valley. 'See' you all next week! :)

Mike Bell
27th of March 2006 (Mon), 16:26
Not many entries up yet - still, it's early days. :)

Just submitted mine. ;)

Action_Man
28th of March 2006 (Tue), 05:41
I havent forgotten this contest, i`m just taking my time because the weather isent being so helpful at the moment (rain) ...

Poe
30th of March 2006 (Thu), 01:47
How do you make a macro landscape?

Mike Bell
31st of March 2006 (Fri), 17:38
Not many entries up yet - still, it's early days. :)

Just submitted mine. ;)

I emailed my entry on 27th March - it's still not up. Did you receive my email?

racketman
1st of April 2006 (Sat), 18:37
3 entries now in including a rather clever 'Canyon' shot.

Big_B
2nd of April 2006 (Sun), 07:25
Some really cool shots up there :)

racketman
7th of April 2006 (Fri), 16:24
Some really cool shots up there :)

some is the operative word, obviously chose an impossible subject!

mecdave
9th of April 2006 (Sun), 23:43
So what are we doing... ignoring it and hoping it will go away? ;)

Big_B
10th of April 2006 (Mon), 03:31
So when does the voting start?

SWPhotoImaging
10th of April 2006 (Mon), 10:49
I'm going to have to get me a macro lens, so I can play too . . .