PDA

View Full Version : Todays Footy...

Spencerj
1st of April 2006 (Sat), 14:41
Just a few pictures from todays game, thurrock v bognor... as always you can view all 131 of them (phew!) in my flickr pages, links in the sig.

http://static.flickr.com/38/121436990_7e2d11d56a.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/54/121434725_d63ecf421d.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/53/121437269_bcf649d44f.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/34/121431823_3792349a79.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/34/121434101_1154c549b2.jpg

Spencerj
1st of April 2006 (Sat), 15:10
lol, just noticed number 3, if anyone finds his head please let me know! ;)

gmen
3rd of April 2006 (Mon), 01:44
lol, just noticed number 3, if anyone finds his head please let me know! ;):lol: 'Headless player in goal shocker'

Good to see Jimmy Mac getting stuck in in #2... you off to sunny Gravesend tomorrow then?

---- Gavin

Spencerj
3rd of April 2006 (Mon), 01:58
Nope, I was offered it but after thinking about the fact i have to get up at 5am the next day the closer the game the better so im off to sunny (cough cough) tilbury instead... getting home from gravesend then processing pictures would give me about 5 hours sleep ahead of a 12 hour shift so every minute under that duvet counts, i know, i know, what a lightweight! lol

BTW do you know a site where the tilbury fixtures are listed, their site is down and has been for ages.

gmen
3rd of April 2006 (Mon), 02:12
Nope, I was offered it but after thinking about the fact i have to get up at 5am the next day the closer the game the better so im off to sunny (cough cough) tilbury instead... getting home from gravesend then processing pictures would give me about 5 hours sleep ahead of a 12 hour shift so every minute under that duvet counts, i know, i know, what a lightweight! lol

BTW do you know a site where the tilbury fixtures are listed, their site is down and has been for ages.Sunny Tilbury eh? Watch out that you're not blinded by the floodlights!

Essex Senior League fixtures are here: http://www.football.mitoo.co.uk/MtchDay.cfm?TblName=Matches&MDate=%7Bts%20%272006%2D04%2D04%2000%3A00%3A00%27% 7D&DivisionID=3497&LeagueCode=FESL2005

Hopefully the Dockers will get another win in the big promotion push.

---- Gavin

Spencerj
3rd of April 2006 (Mon), 04:31
are the lights really that bad? worse than rookery hill? thanks for the link!

gmen
3rd of April 2006 (Mon), 05:27
are the lights really that bad? worse than rookery hill?The word 'lights' doesn't really provide an adequate description of their capabilities...

Errr... 'darks' might be more like it ;)

---- Gavin

Spencerj
3rd of April 2006 (Mon), 08:58
oh dear, ill bring some candles... just spoke to neil about the closed season, we are looking at covering cricket, speedway (if im brave), athletics and bowls... should be fun.

gmen
3rd of April 2006 (Mon), 09:13
Can't wait for the cricket to start. Should be some friendlies coming up in the next couple of weeks to help get back into the groove - plus the Shepherd Neame League Cup starts on the 29th I think. Hornchurch CC have just signed Roger Telemachus, so looking to get over there early doors as well.

Talking of speedway (hoovered my bag out last night... the shale has already taken its toll :lol: ), there's an early chance of a daylight meeting on Good Friday: Arena are away at Ipswich in the Elite League, 2pm start I think. They've got the return match at Arena scheduled for the same evening as well so a bit of a mad dash down the A12.

I'm at Peterborough on Thursday night for the KO Cup second leg... can't see Arena throwing away a 24 point lead somehow.

---- Gavin

jmckell
3rd of April 2006 (Mon), 09:13
In the last one the Referee looks like his tank is on empty and needs a sub.

Spencerj
3rd of April 2006 (Mon), 10:45
Can't wait for the cricket to start. Should be some friendlies coming up in the next couple of weeks to help get back into the groove - plus the Shepherd Neame League Cup starts on the 29th I think. Hornchurch CC have just signed Roger Telemachus, so looking to get over there early doors as well.

Talking of speedway (hoovered my bag out last night... the shale has already taken its toll :lol: ), there's an early chance of a daylight meeting on Good Friday: Arena are away at Ipswich in the Elite League, 2pm start I think. They've got the return match at Arena scheduled for the same evening as well so a bit of a mad dash down the A12.

I'm at Peterborough on Thursday night for the KO Cup second leg... can't see Arena throwing away a 24 point lead somehow.

---- Gavin

Yeah, looking forward to cricket and athletics, and of course the high speed, high adrenaline action that is... bowls. cricket is handy for me as stanford are a 5 minute drive away and horndon are just around the corner as well... thinking about it chelmsford are only 30 mins away as well... i may have to pick your brains again on shooting positions... ive heard that behind the stumps isnt the best idea ;) 2 speedway matches in one night? is that normal?

Spencerj
3rd of April 2006 (Mon), 10:46
In the last one the Referee looks like his tank is on empty and needs a sub.

lol, yep, he was struggling but to be fair it was end to end action, mostly at bognors end though, thurrock (yellow shirts) must of had 2 dozen chances at least.

spencer87
3rd of April 2006 (Mon), 10:59
great action shots! the expressions in the last one are pretty funny.

Spencerj
3rd of April 2006 (Mon), 11:01
thanks, i was tempted to crop the ref out due to other player cluttering him but his expression was just too good to lose.

gmen
3rd of April 2006 (Mon), 11:03
Yeah, looking forward to cricket and athletics, and of course the high speed, high adrenaline action that is... bowls. cricket is handy for me as stanford are a 5 minute drive away and horndon are just around the corner as well... thinking about it chelmsford are only 30 mins away as well... i may have to pick your brains again on shooting positions... ive heard that behind the stumps isnt the best idea ;) 2 speedway matches in one night? is that normal?If I get time this week, I'll start a thread on 'Cricket Shooting Strategies' ;)

As for home and away Speedway meetings on the same day, it's fairly unusual I think... but at least it provides twice as many opportunities to get a good pic!

---- Gavin

Spencerj
3rd of April 2006 (Mon), 11:06
If I get time this week, I'll start a thread on 'Cricket Shooting Strategies' ;)
---- Gavin

In the words of the ferrero rocher man... gavin, with these threads you are spoiling us. I hope im not the only one who remembers that advert..... :confused:

gmen
5th of April 2006 (Wed), 15:19
In the words of the ferrero rocher man... gavin, with these threads you are spoiling us. I hope im not the only one who remembers that advert..... :confused::lol: I remember the ad well Spencer... so you are not alone... I'll try to get the cricket thread sorted sooner than later! I've got plenty of images... just need to find time to write the 'commentary' :rolleyes:

---- Gavin

DwightMcCann
5th of April 2006 (Wed), 15:42
Nice snaps, Spencer!

Oh, wonderful, wonderful, Gavin ... if there is anything I need it's some pointers on shooting The Perfect Game! While I am chuckling as I write this I am secretly thinking of finding a cricket match this season just so I can post! :-) Sorry to work your thread Spence. :-)

Spencerj
5th of April 2006 (Wed), 16:23
no problem, work it baby!

Thanks gavin, whenever you get a chance will be fine.

DwightMcCann
5th of April 2006 (Wed), 16:41
Spencer, since my last post I have been searching the Web for cricket near me (within an hour) and can't find anything. There is supposed to be a Santa Barbara Cricket Club but their website seems to have gone defunct last year. UCSB is listed as having cricket but I can't locate the club through the UCSB website ... I've emailed the Club Sports Director. I am utterly dismayed at this result ... I was hoping to find the fixtures.

Spencerj
5th of April 2006 (Wed), 17:00
keep looking, there must be some ex pats surely... either that or hop on a plane ;)