PDA

View Full Version : Is A70 worth fixing?

Mas0n
29th of June 2006 (Thu), 09:21
I'm a complete beginner here so please be patient with me as i try to explain this.

I have an A70 that was purchased a couple of years ago. Recently when you turn it on the screen appears almost blank. If you move the camera around (especially across light sources) you get some blurry dark images. And when you take a picture, that's all you get. Any thoughts on what the problem might be and if it's worth it to try and repair?

If not (and I'm sure that this is a difficult question), any reccomendations on a replacement? I was looking at the A620. Thanks!

DavidW
29th of June 2006 (Thu), 13:53
Does the problem persist when you go into the menus, and are pictures taken with the camera OK on the computer? If so, I suspect that the screen backlight has failed. This probably isn't that expensive a repair - you could call some service centres to find out.

David

Mas0n
30th of June 2006 (Fri), 18:37
I can see the menus fine, it's just when I'm trying to take a picture and unfortunately they look the same when I download them to the computer.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

DavidW
1st of July 2006 (Sat), 04:24
It could well be the known CCD failure problem, which attracts a free repair. See this (http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=PgComSmModDisplayAct&fcategoryid=225&modelid=13390&keycode=2112&id=27703) for more details.

David

Mas0n
1st of July 2006 (Sat), 14:01
Thanks David! I called Canon and will be shipiing it back to them on Monday. Hopefully that does it.