View Full Version : Tom Cruise uses Canon

muggah
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 18:41
The proof is in the pudding...

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5211531,00.jpg

:eek:

Jon Foster
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 18:49
Great... Guess I'll change to Nikon now.

Jon.

Moppie
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 18:51

Jon.

I was just thinking the same thing.

Infact, I might go and buy the Sony Alpha.
Anyone want a cheap 550ex and A80?

Becca
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 19:21

Jon.

That's so funny! Very first thing I thought, too! :lol:

SuzyView
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 19:26
That's what I thought, too! This is really bad. Are we just celebrity repelled?

nwyman
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 19:41
I think I'll buy stock in Nikon instead!

waldograce
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 19:42
He just grabbed some guys camera for this shot... LOL.

ayotnoms
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 19:42
Talk about no-win situations :lol:
If he had a Nikon, we'd be saying, "...figures".
He has a Canon and we say, "I'm changing"
...hmm, I wonder which camera is Scientology approved... :)

pcDigiMan
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 19:53

Jon.

Stop It, Think about it, He is an ACTOR! Thats the only reason he knows where the trigger is. Keep your Canon camera.

corinto
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 20:02
Are we just celebrity repelled?

I guess only that particular celebrity repelled.

tim
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 20:02
He just grabbed some guys camera for this shot... LOL.

That's my take too... he wouldn't need the external power source for the flash!

Ronald S. Jr.
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 20:08
My only question is wtf is he wearing! :lol:

corinto
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 20:15
Probably Armani, it just goes with the 1D.

SuzyView
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 20:18
LOL. :) I think he lost his white shirt for his tux and decided to go all black.

kram
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 20:29
Probably figured the only way to stop paparazzi from shooting him......was to take charge of their camera :)

SuzyView
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 20:33
Knowing what I'd take to an event like that, I'd have a spare. :)

SoaringUSAEagle
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 20:44
Probably figured the only way to stop paparazzi from shooting him......was to take charge of their camera :)

LOL

And also, lol at the Nikon comment.

Canon all the way baby -- even if Mr Cruise is using Canon... I dont find it to be too bad of a disgrace lol!

SuzyView
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 20:46
Actually, he has good taste, in cameras. :) Out of all the ones he could have grabbed, he got the serious one. :)

corinto
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 21:12
He's probably sending an invoice to Canon for his fee.

runninmann
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 21:28
Just goes to show that even self-absorbed, wacko, insensitive, sexist, religious zealots can possess some redeeming qualities;)

lostdoggy
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 21:52
Whos to say that the camera didn't belong to the poor sap that just got KOed by his bodyguards.

muggah
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 22:07
Maybe a crazed Tom Cruise fan asked him to pose with their Canon? :lol:

Jon Foster
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 23:26
Wow, did this thread ever take off fast!

Jon.

Mark_Cohran
10th of August 2006 (Thu), 23:53
Sorry, Tom Cruise as a celebrity endorsement doesn't do it for me, but does anyone know what Leonard Nimoy uses? Some of his photos are actually quite good.

Mark

Belmondo
11th of August 2006 (Fri), 00:45
Not too long ago, I was watching a tennis tournamnet, and they zoomed in on the family of the Williams sisters. Dad had a Canon camera with what looked to be a 70-200 f/4 on it.

Don't ask me why that's relevant.:lol:

Jon Foster
11th of August 2006 (Fri), 01:35
Relevent? I'm not even sure who Williams sisters are. ;)

Jon.

Protege Menace
11th of August 2006 (Fri), 01:44
that guy is SUCH a fruitcake.

saravrose
11th of August 2006 (Fri), 01:45
Sorry, Tom Cruise as a celebrity endorsement doesn't do it for me, but does anyone know what Leonard Nimoy uses? Some of his photos are actually quite good.

Mark

hmm.. total guess but are you talking about the Star Trek/Star wars guy?....:confused:

Permagrin
11th of August 2006 (Fri), 02:17
hmm.. total guess but are you talking about the Star Trek/Star wars guy?....:confused:

HA! I had to laugh. Sometimes I wonder what the general ages of this forum are! Has anyone ever taken a poll?

Nimoy: Spock (Star Trek) Shoots exclusively B&W photos that really are fantastic. I definitely think he's got more potential than T.Cruise...

primoz
11th of August 2006 (Fri), 02:19
I usually don't even read such threads but when I saw title I said I will go there and write exactly this what you wrote :) And obviously I'm not alone in that :D

primoz
11th of August 2006 (Fri), 02:24
Based on most of our responses he should send invoice to Nikon :D

FlyingPete
11th of August 2006 (Fri), 04:04
So do we need a poll, I think so :D

tlc
11th of August 2006 (Fri), 06:49
i'm worried he might want to take a sonogram of it.....:rolleyes:

SuzyView
11th of August 2006 (Fri), 06:53
tlc, LOL :) You kill me!

Yes, Nimoy is a talented photographer, as well as a director and actor. I think his recent commercials are funny about his hand signal for "Live long and prosper." I'd take an endorsement from him if he uses Canon. He's cool in the talented-not too full of himself way. He's had to work with William Shatner for over 30 years. :)

tlc
11th of August 2006 (Fri), 07:48
does anyone think its kind of strange that he hasnt married what's her name yet? i would call her by her given name of 'katie' but i think that's against the law now. :cry:

nwyman
11th of August 2006 (Fri), 08:16
wedding is supposedly scheduled for early fall.
Worried because I actually remember this.

Belmondo
11th of August 2006 (Fri), 10:55
I deleted the last few posts. They were taking the discussion in what I consider to be an unhealthy direction. I don't claim to know anything about Scientology beyond what I see on television. They deny it's a religion, but clearly there are people who treat it as such and who could be offended by disrespectful remarks regarding Scientolotists or their beliefs.

Steve Parr
11th of August 2006 (Fri), 11:02
I deleted the last few posts. They were taking the discussion in what I consider to be an unhealthy direction. I don't claim to know anything about Scientology beyond what I see on television. They deny it's a religion, but clearly there are people who treat it as such and who could be offended by disrespectful remarks regarding Scientolotists or their beliefs.

Off topic, but is that you, Belmondo, in your avatar?

Bro... that's scary...

Belmondo
11th of August 2006 (Fri), 11:09

Bro... that's scary...

Yeah, that's me in all my glory. I bought an Apple laptop with a built-in camera, and was playing around with it. The lighting in the photo is provided by the laptop's screen, and gives a very homely subject an even eerier appearance.

Fortunately, I wear glasses, so when you see me in person, you don't have to look at the bloodshot eyes and the big bags under my eyes.:lol:

Jon Foster
11th of August 2006 (Fri), 12:32
Boy this thread is getting funny!

For all that don't know about or know who Leonard Nimoy is, he was the Vulcan Spock from the original Star Trek series and movies. He's also a photog and does some interesting work. Here's his web site:

http://www.leonardnimoyphotography.com/

Jon.

rklepper
11th of August 2006 (Fri), 13:35
He does almost look like Tom Cruise, doesn't he?

RLRiley
11th of August 2006 (Fri), 19:01
Originally Posted by Steve Parr

Bro... that's scary...

Yeah, that's me in all my glory. I bought an Apple laptop with a built-in camera, and was playing around with it. The lighting in the photo is provided by the laptop's screen, and gives a very homely subject an even eerier appearance.

Dang, for a minute there I thought I'd made a wrong turn and ended up in the shire!!! Hello, Mr. Gandalf, sir!!!!:)

Claire
12th of August 2006 (Sat), 02:21
does anyone think its kind of strange that he hasnt married what's her name yet? i would call her by her given name of 'katie' but i think that's against the law now. :cry:

Not that I'm a Cruise fan, but don't see why it'd be strange they haven't got married. Thousands of couples don't marry until after having a kid (or more!), and many don't bother with marriage at all.

And yep, rumour has it'll be end of summer/beginning fall.

blonde
12th of August 2006 (Sat), 03:40
for sale or for trade: all my canon gear. i am willing to trade for whatever system Cruise is NOT using...

tlc
12th of August 2006 (Sat), 07:21
Not that I'm a Cruise fan, but don't see why it'd be strange they haven't got married. Thousands of couples don't marry until after having a kid (or more!), and many don't bother with marriage at all.

And yep, rumour has it'll be end of summer/beginning fall.

actually i was being a bit sarcastic, i just got so sick of hearing him talk about how wonderful she is and how in love he is with her, etc. (wait, i must pause to throw up)... and how happy he is that she is having his baby, blah blah blah, that i just thought surely he would make it legit.

Claire
12th of August 2006 (Sat), 08:20
tlc, ah. Yeah, they've overdone the luvved up PDA thing. But heck, I have a friend who did the same with her bf. It got...too much & you should have seen their emails..:rolleyes: But, some couples are like that naturally ( Cruise prob needs the attention though...)

Still, I'm sure there are couples that can be disgustingly over-luvvie-doovey without making it lelgit. But they'll prob marry so he can give her a nice HUGE diamond & show off to the press...

OpticNein
12th of August 2006 (Sat), 08:32
During Tom Cruise's promotion of the movie Collateral, he grabbed a reporter's Canon camera and took a snapshot of Jamie Foxx. It was a good photo that AP (Associated Press) posted and distributed it all over it's paper affiliates and credited him as belonging to AP since the gear belonged to them.

Saralonde
12th of August 2006 (Sat), 10:36
I think they'll get married when he has another movie to hype. Probably they'll release pictures of the baby when he needs publicity, too.

saravrose
12th of August 2006 (Sat), 11:15
HA! I had to laugh. Sometimes I wonder what the general ages of this forum are! Has anyone ever taken a poll?

Nimoy: Spock (Star Trek) Shoots exclusively B&W photos that really are fantastic. I definitely think he's got more potential than T.Cruise...

i'm a little on the young side.. but atleast I knew (sorta) does that count just a little bit?...:D

sari

Jon Foster
12th of August 2006 (Sat), 12:10
i'm a little on the young side.. but atleast I knew (sorta) does that count just a little bit?...:D

sari

Yep!

Jon.

Claire
12th of August 2006 (Sat), 15:41
Sara, I thought he always needs publicity... (and I've heard the baby shots are to be released "soon". :rolleyes:

backlot
12th of August 2006 (Sat), 16:24
Everyone is so concentrated on this baby. I hope his other two children feel as "special".

samckitt
12th of August 2006 (Sat), 16:45
Come on people, there is nothing wrong with Tom Cruise. Sure he is a little weird, but who isn't?

waldograce
15th of August 2006 (Tue), 21:51
Relevent? I'm not even sure who Williams sisters are. ;)

Jon.

Think Venus... Ring any bells?

DocFrankenstein
15th of August 2006 (Tue), 21:59
I prefer carmen electra.

KevC
16th of August 2006 (Wed), 17:42
He left Nicole Kidman. I don't know or care how it happened, but it happened. I am in love with Nicole, I have no idea how anyone could give her up.

Belmondo
16th of August 2006 (Wed), 18:22
He left Nicole Kidman. I don't know or care how it happened, but it happened. I am in love with Nicole, I have no idea how anyone could give her up.

I prefer to think that she (wisely) left him. She is a stunner.

SuzyView
16th of August 2006 (Wed), 18:25
Hey, I'm a woman and I think she's stunning. I think they were two rising stars that got too bright. Really, she's got an Oscar and he doesn't. That would be really hard for any man's ego, whether he's a good guy or not. No one is perfect and a marriage is made of two.

KevC
16th of August 2006 (Wed), 19:05

I should add "or let her go" =)

CyberDyneSystems
16th of August 2006 (Wed), 19:48
My only question is wtf is he wearing! :lol:

It's the need for a black sweater vest in the midst of the rest that has my head spinning ???

CyberDyneSystems
16th of August 2006 (Wed), 19:49
Come on people, there is nothing wrong with Tom Cruise. Sure he is a little weird, but who isn't?

Short too ;)

wiselion
16th of August 2006 (Wed), 20:01

Jon.

Hear Hear...........
What a friggen jerk off he turned out to be

wiselion
16th of August 2006 (Wed), 20:06

b/c she cheated on the little twirp.

joekr
16th of August 2006 (Wed), 20:53
No Tom Cruise post is complete with out one of these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQcFYUBLzcw

LOL

SuzyView
16th of August 2006 (Wed), 20:55
LOL, I hadn't seen that one. That's great! :)

Rumjungle
17th of August 2006 (Thu), 01:07
Originally Posted by Steve Parr

Bro... that's scary...

Dang, for a minute there I thought I'd made a wrong turn and ended up in the shire!!! Hello, Mr. Gandalf, sir!!!!:)

Actually, a bit more like Saruman IMO...very intimidating.:)

As for Cruise being a weirdo, who wouldn't be when they are adored by millions and clock over 30-40million even on crappy movies? I still think he's wacked out of his skull, but I really liked him in A Few Good Men.

Nidz
17th of August 2006 (Thu), 07:47
I wonder if he's got a camera mount so he can take photos of himself. He does tend to fancy himself in front of the camera. Pretty amusing.

Belmondo
17th of August 2006 (Thu), 08:27
I wonder if he's got a camera mount so he can take photos of himself. He does tend to fancy himself in front of the camera. Pretty amusing.

That picture was taken with the built-in camera on my MacBook Pro. I can't really asy that I 'fancy' myself in front of the camera. I am not an attractive person, and don't really enjoy seeing (or taking) pictures of myself.

Truth.

MDJAK
17th of August 2006 (Thu), 08:53
Belmondo, you are not a very handsome man. In fact, if you were not a moderator with the ability to vanquish me with the stroke of a keyboard from my very favorite forum in the whole entire world, I might say you be downright U.G.L.Y.;) :p

Now, if you were as handsome as me, then you'd have something to be proud of.:lol:

http://calzinger.net/uploads/misc/IMG_0178.jpg

Steve Parr
17th of August 2006 (Thu), 11:44

She's got no butt...

Jaime
17th of August 2006 (Thu), 12:16
Thats OK Belmondo, everytime I see your Avatar, it puts the fear of the Almighty into me, I almost expect to hear thunder and see lightning, with the sky parting open, and the flood starting all over again. I just cross my finger and wear garlic garlands around my neck, but i still like you. (lets I be da**ned).

That picture was taken with the built-in camera on my MacBook Pro. I can't really asy that I 'fancy' myself in front of the camera. I am not an attractive person, and don't really enjoy seeing (or taking) pictures of myself.

Truth.

Belmondo
17th of August 2006 (Thu), 12:46
The worst part of the whole thing?

That's pretty much what I look like most of the time. Send flowers.

ayotnoms
17th of August 2006 (Thu), 21:49
That's pretty much what I look like most of the time
When I first saw the new avatar, I immediately thought of Wilford Brimley
...except for the glasses
...and the more avuncular countenance.
:) :)

am_pitbull_terrier
17th of August 2006 (Thu), 21:53
That's what I thought, too! This is really bad. Are we just celebrity repelled?

No just Tom Cruise repelled....... He's a wackjob:lol:

Belmondo
17th of August 2006 (Thu), 22:55
When I first saw the new avatar, I immediately thought of Wilford Brimley
...except for the glasses
...and the more avuncular countenance.

:lol::lol:I've actually been told that. I even had one excited old lady ask me if I was Wilford.