PDA

View Full Version : Sports Backgrounds

jmcgurn@kc.rr.com
2nd of October 2006 (Mon), 19:33
Hello all. Thanks for letting me learn so much from all of you. I am trying to get some sports backgrounds like the pro's use for youth sports. I found a few sites that want over a hundred dollars to download a set or buy a CD. Does anyone know where I can download a couple at a time? Thanks....

dshootist
2nd of October 2006 (Mon), 22:42
What is your PP app going to be? If it's Photoshop, I can show you how to make some really easy, yet creative, background templates. Once you get the hang of it, you really don't need a CD. Plus, you don't have to worry about copyrights (except your own) and legal usage. PM me if you'd like to get my email...

jmcgurn@kc.rr.com
3rd of October 2006 (Tue), 09:38
Yes, I use Photoshop. I would sure appreciate your guidance! Thanks...

dshootist
3rd of October 2006 (Tue), 23:25
Here's a quick background idea I pulled off of NAPP's site:

Step 1
Create a new document of any size or resolution. Pick a color to use (I chose a light blue, #8CCEF4).
Select the Gradient Tool, Foreground to Background (the background is white), and in Mode select "Difference." Hold, drag and release the Gradient Tool over a small section of your document.
Step 2
Without changing any of the Gradient Tool's settings, hold and drag it over another section of the document.
The Difference Mode causes some interesting interaction between the existing colors and the new gradient.
Step 3
Each time you drag the Gradient Tool, the image becomes richer and more "3-Dimensional."
Step 4
Continue using the Gradient Tool. Experiment with angles and lengths of Gradient Tool usage.
Step 5
As you continue, additional colors will start to emerge, as well as bright highlights and dark sections. Usually, between 6 and 10 strokes of the Gradient Tool will give you a satisfactory result. This example used 8 strokes.
Step 6
When you like your result, go to Image: Adjustments and select Desaturate to take to color out.

Step 7
Now go to Image: Adjustments and select Hue/Saturation. Check the "Colorize" box.
Step 8
Using Image: Adjustments: Hue/Saturation, experiment with the hue and saturation settings until you find the perfect look. This technique can be used to create backgrounds and for many other applications. More importantly, it becomes addictive as you experiment with endless combinations! Have fun!

Credit for this tip goes to Randy McSorley.

queenbee288
4th of October 2006 (Wed), 18:54
Thanks dshootist. That does make a cool background.