PDA

View Full Version : Canon EOS-1D Mark II N

astari
10th of October 2006 (Tue), 12:10
In preparation to buy this camera I called a local Canon dealer in town to find out if they have one in stock. No they don't and further more she told me that they are discontinued. Huh? She said she'll have her boss double check. I'll be fricked if after the amount of research I've done the one camera I've decided on is discontinued!

I'm wondering if maybe she looked up the Mark II and not Mark II N.

Edit: Yes the moron was looking up the Mark II.

Still having a problem finding a seller in Canada.

Edit again. Found one in Edmonton, ordering this week. Free shipping! However, they are asking $4900 for the body. Anyone know of a better price in Canada?

sandpiper
10th of October 2006 (Tue), 12:38
In preparation to buy this camera I called a local Canon dealer in town to find out if they have one in stock. No they don't and further more she told me that they are discontinued. Huh? She said she'll have her boss double check. I'll be fricked if after the amount of research I've done the one camera I've decided on is discontinued!

I'm wondering if maybe she looked up the Mark II and not Mark II N.

She may have meant that the store has discontinued carrying the item, as a stock item.

I doubt that it has been discontinued and is unavailable as there is no replacement out, or any other camera in the Canon range which does the same job. When a new model comes out, there is always a period where the old ones are sold alongside the new ones whilst the stock is cleared. For a model to be sold out before the new one is even announced is unheard of. I know that there is talk of new 1D models in the near future but the old ones will be sold until after the release.

astari
10th of October 2006 (Tue), 12:49
Thanks. Her manager called me back and they are unable to even order it so the closest I can get is Edmonton.

Tee Why
10th of October 2006 (Tue), 13:22
I rarely ever rely on camera sales folks for advice on equipment.

astari
10th of October 2006 (Tue), 15:21
I wasn't asking her for advice on it, I just wanted to know if they either had it in stock or could order it as I'd rather not get it from the states and end up paying duty.

blackshadow
11th of October 2006 (Wed), 09:21
The 1D Mark IIN is alive and well in Australia - I have a demo model from Canon at the moment while my 20D is being repaired.

EOSAddict
11th of October 2006 (Wed), 09:22
The 1D Mark IIN is alive and well in Australia - I have a demo model from Canon at the moment while my 20D is being repaired.

That is an evil thing for them to do.... wait til you have to hand it back!:lol:

fi20100
11th of October 2006 (Wed), 11:06
That is an evil thing for them to do.... wait til you have to hand it back!:lol:

Now that seems to be some really smart personnel.

D113
11th of October 2006 (Wed), 13:12
if you are in toronto... call Aden Camera and ask for Eddie.. tell him Darryl sent ya!

let me know if I can help you further

D

joegolf68
29th of November 2006 (Wed), 00:29
I rarely ever rely on camera sales folks for advice on equipment.

And you will rarely be disappointed that way! :)

coreypolis
29th of November 2006 (Wed), 00:33
And you will rarely be disappointed that way! :)
wow you're bringing back a lot of old posts today

joegolf68
29th of November 2006 (Wed), 01:45
wow you're bringing back a lot of old posts today

True, looking at different forums instead of just searching "new posts." Bored and on a mission. Way bored! But interesting stuff found everywhere here.

Edited to add: I got into this one, wondering if there was nay news on a replacement for the Mark II N. I am considering getting one, but not if a new one is coming down the pipe. I have way too much time on my hands lately, due to injury.

coreypolis
29th of November 2006 (Wed), 02:01
no new news, most likely this spring though.