PDA

View Full Version : new guy, a hello and a photo...

Jason77
19th of October 2006 (Thu), 22:48
hi everyone! i've been browsing this forum for the past few weeks, enjoying the banter, the photos, the war stories and of course the wealth of knowledge here. so i figured it was time i finally registered. :D

so a bit about me... i'm a painter and i bought a 350xt last year to take photos of my paintings and also reference shots to work from. it was my first experience with an SLR camera and i've been really enjoying it. in fact, i've already started making up a mental list of all the L lenses i need. anywho, i wanted to say hi and post my first photo here. i would have liked to have had a slightly wider shot but i was already backed against a wall. criticism will always be welcomed and appreciated.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/03lespaul/BF_bridge_9-22-06a_lores.jpg

Discordia
19th of October 2006 (Thu), 22:53
Wow, for some reason this photo is really appealing it me. I love the textures, colours, angles, everything just sort of fits.

As far as i'm concerned you made an excellent intro to the forum :)

Permagrin
19th of October 2006 (Thu), 22:56
Welcome to the forum....I can say from experience that it's tough on the wallet but very valuable for information....and a little insanity thrown into the mix. ;)

Cool photo too...keep posting.

Miyagi-san
20th of October 2006 (Fri), 06:18
great first photo....good eye. keep em coming and welcome!

Vini
20th of October 2006 (Fri), 11:39
Exellent first post, well done. And welcome to the forum, there's lot's of great people here with great advice.

Jason77
20th of October 2006 (Fri), 23:16
thanks everyone for the reception and compliments.

permagrin, i know about you forum people all too well... nothing but a bunch of enablers! thanks to another forum there are many more guitars and amplifiers i want. i guess there are worse addictions i could have besides camera equipment and guitars though.

Miyagi-san
21st of October 2006 (Sat), 16:40
thanks everyone for the reception and compliments.

permagrin, i know about you forum people all too well... nothing but a bunch of enablers! thanks to another forum there are many more guitars and amplifiers i want. i guess there are worse addictions i could have besides camera equipment and guitars though.

both my two "vices" as well, cameras and guitars....wish both 'hobbies' were cheaper!

condyk
21st of October 2006 (Sat), 16:49
You got the eye so don't worry about the gear too much. Some of the best shooters here have very modest stuff.

The subject has possibilities but I would straighten the main column and try to lose the dark top right area which adds nothing. I'm thinking you are constrained by field of view and probably need a widey to do justice to what you might prefer to capture. Personal view. If you like as is then keep it that way.

Medic85
21st of October 2006 (Sat), 20:26
Sweet pic. Condyk is right, you do have a good eye. Keep em coming.

asolie
22nd of October 2006 (Sun), 03:17
Nice pic, I like it.