PDA

View Full Version : New Online Proofing Website

grego
27th of December 2006 (Wed), 05:15
I didn't know exactly where to stick this, but I figured since wedding photographers especially want way to show off proofs.

A friend of mine came up with the concept. I've been helping him with it. And I've also been looking at a way to host photos I'd like to sell. So our ideas kinda came together and this is what we got.

http://www.pictureproofs.com/
One Flat Rate
Deliver the best quality possible at the lowest price with the MAXIMUM PROTECTION AVAILABLE ONLINE. There are no hidden costs, monthly fees, hosting or per-image rates. It is a flat 10% of the total gross sales.

After negotiating with the other people in charge, Starting from today till Feb 1st, all sales will have a 5% fee untill further notice.

I think its a very easy system to use. Heck, I gave a lot of the dummy advice because I'm a dummy.

Hope you like it and hopefully it gives you another useful option in your business practices!

Thanks,

Greg

P.S. Feel free to add any input about it, if you decide to use it.

iSellJerseyShore
27th of December 2006 (Wed), 13:58
Very nice, I think that was a pretty good idea.

Best of luck!!

-Frankie

tim
27th of December 2006 (Wed), 15:45
I clicked "photographers learn more here". I expected a demo but didn't get one, or at least couldn't see a link to one. Browser closed. You should give that feedback to your friend.

geester
27th of December 2006 (Wed), 16:50
Is this a standalone proofing system or is there a way to integrate it into your own website?

grego
27th of December 2006 (Wed), 17:45
I clicked "photographers learn more here". I expected a demo but didn't get one, or at least couldn't see a link to one. Browser closed. You should give that feedback to your friend.

Will do.

http://www.pictureproofs.com/Instructions.aspx

Here's the video instructions though. But I'll let him know that you were able to find it.

And here's the other information you probably want to know.
http://www.pictureproofs.com/About.aspx

Please let me know if the information in both those links still create questions for you.

grego
27th of December 2006 (Wed), 21:02
We also added some basic tutorials for editing techniques.
http://pictureproofs.com/tutorials/editing.html

Grace
27th of December 2006 (Wed), 21:33
I just checked them out! Very interested! My only question, which I also posted on their forum, is exactly what they do and how much is shipping. Also, do they send the photographer a list of whats order then we place it with our lab of choice or is there somewhere that you choose your lab and the order goes to them?

lovin the idea though!

grego
28th of December 2006 (Thu), 00:15
Hi Kathy, I know my friend, Lawrence responded on the other forum, but I might as well double it just so you don't miss it.

We have contacted some labs and are working on implimenting them into the system though.

Hi Kathy,

PP only offers proofing services right now. They will submit the order to you via email after completed transactions from your customers. Simply put, you upload the images, PP hosts and conducts all e-commerce transactions for you, you choose your print lab. PP does suggest some print labs if you are to visit:

http://pictureproofs.com/tutorials/equipment.html#print

It is their cool tutorial site. I am told that it is still under construction because the last editing tutorial is incomplete, therefor it is not publicized yet. However, if you look at the section for print labs, they even broke down the costs for you! Very convenient!

PP is in the process of integrating with print labs, thus the reason for the shipping option. They are just getting it ready.

Happy holidays!

Lawrence

Oh, here's the section for why they do not offer print services:

Ordering Prints
We encourage you to choose whichever professional print lab that suits you best. We understand that having accurate colors and using quality paper are essential in operating a successful business. We currently do not offer any print services. We are here to help organize your photos and sales, all while maximizing communication channels and exposure of your company.

It is under

http://www.pictureproofs.com/about.aspx

NBEast
28th of December 2006 (Thu), 03:21
Can you host flash videos too?

grego
28th of December 2006 (Thu), 03:28

No, I'm sorry we are doing just pictures, as a way to help a photographer have a system to sell their photos in an organized fashion.

We are working on other projects(related to bettering the photographer's tools) and I will take that into note, but as of now, nothing with video.

grego
28th of December 2006 (Thu), 04:25
Is this a standalone proofing system or is there a way to integrate it into your own website?

We created a tutorial for you and anyone else who wants to use frames.
http://www.pictureproofs.com/tutorials/frames.html

Grace
28th of December 2006 (Thu), 07:37
gosh this is awesome!!! im switching from pidtage....being able to use the lab of my choice makes my profits greater! and only 10% of the final cost....
awesome......

thanks for posting the answer here :) this will be great ffor many!!

wow, check out all those misspelled words...im leaving them

grego
28th of December 2006 (Thu), 07:45
You're welcome Kathy. we aim to please.

And we always like to hear input, because it might bring up an idea we might have overlooked that can make it even easier or better to use.

Glad to have you on board Kathy. :D

kampphoto
28th of December 2006 (Thu), 10:28
Looks awesome! I like the no monthly membership cost.

kampphoto
28th of December 2006 (Thu), 11:48
Everytime I try to upload images I get this error.... I'm using a Mac is that possibly the issue?

>
>
b/600X600/Users/postaudio/Pictures/iPhoto Library_2/2006/03/11/DSC00026.JPG
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\pictureproofs.com\wwwroot\photo grapher\kampphotography\events\0\0\Failed uploading /600X600/Users/postaudio/Pictures/iPhoto Library_2/2006/03/11/DSC00026.JPG: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\pictureproofs.com\wwwroot\phot ographer\kampphotography\events\0\0\600X600\Users\ postaudio\Pictures\iPhoto Library_2\2006\03\11\DSC00026.JPG'. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode) at System.Web.HttpPostedFile.SaveAs(String filename) at photographers_Upload.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\pictureproofs.com\wwwroot\uploa d\Upload.aspx.cs:line 60
b/600X600/Users/postaudio/Pictures/iPhoto Library_2/2006/03/11/DSC00035.JPG
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\pictureproofs.com\wwwroot\photo grapher\kampphotography\events\0\0\Failed uploading /600X600/Users/postaudio/Pictures/iPhoto Library_2/2006/03/11/DSC00026.JPG: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\pictureproofs.com\wwwroot\phot ographer\kampphotography\events\0\0\600X600\Users\ postaudio\Pictures\iPhoto Library_2\2006\03\11\DSC00026.JPG'. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode) at System.Web.HttpPostedFile.SaveAs(String filename) at photographers_Upload.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\pictureproofs.com\wwwroot\uploa d\Upload.aspx.cs:line 60 Failed uploading /600X600/Users/postaudio/Pictures/iPhoto Library_2/2006/03/11/DSC00035.JPG: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\pictureproofs.com\wwwroot\phot ographer\kampphotography\events\0\0\600X600\Users\ postaudio\Pictures\iPhoto Library_2\2006\03\11\DSC00035.JPG'. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode) at System.Web.HttpPostedFile.SaveAs(String filename) at photographers_Upload.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\pictureproofs.com\wwwroot\uploa d\Upload.aspx.cs:line 60

NBEast
28th of December 2006 (Thu), 12:09
No, I'm sorry we are doing just pictures, as a way to help a photographer have a system to sell their photos in an organized fashion.

We are working on other projects(related to bettering the photographer's tools) and I will take that into note, but as of now, nothing with video.
Thanks; Even if it allowed a pop-up link to another site where the content was actually hosted that would be great. Problem with my Smugmug pro account is, although it has a nice cart, mark-up capabiliity (albiet 15% surcharge), etc., they can't do an easy click to see the Flash Video I have hosted elsewhere.

Interesting note about flash slideshow. Although they are large photos, the viewer doesn't seem to be able to "lift" them from the slideshow. This appears to solve the problem of showing big photos for preview purposes without a big watermark through it's center. Am I missing something? I'm thinking they could note what ones they like then go buy the print from the thumbnail.

grego
28th of December 2006 (Thu), 12:56
Jacob, we'll look into that. Unfortunately i am program-able challenge so i will have to pass it on. My only question would be what browser do you use? Because with the info I know, browser compability with Macs sometimes occurs.

NBeast. I'll look into it as I'm part of the non-programing side and find out functionality.

kampphoto
28th of December 2006 (Thu), 13:03
i'm using Safari... I'm also at work so I'm behind a giant company firewall so that might be the issue to... I'll try again tonight at home using Safari.

grego
28th of December 2006 (Thu), 13:08
i'm using Safari... I'm also at work so I'm behind a giant company firewall so that might be the issue to... I'll try again tonight at home using Safari.

Ooh well, now i feel a little bit better. :lol: Hmm, your company not wanting you to upload things or view things. :p

Okay, just in case you hit a problem with Safari, do you have any other browser like Firefox or (i shake when i say it) IE? Just want to find out those issues if it does occur at home.

grego
29th of December 2006 (Fri), 16:22
Starting from today till Feb 1st, all sales will have a 5% fee

After that, it will go back to the 10% which is still a great value, as some competitors are at 15%. :)

Grace
29th of December 2006 (Fri), 16:45
wow...I gotta get these pics done and up fast and tell them to hurry up and order~ :)

TeeJay
29th of December 2006 (Fri), 16:52
Not sure we should be using this site as a testing ground/reporting tool for someone elses photographic services(?)

grego
29th of December 2006 (Fri), 17:00
Not sure we should be using this site as a testing ground/reporting tool for someone elses photographic services(?)

It's done. However, I'd still like to hear input and problems if people incure them. Also i'd like to hear things that might better the experience. I am a photographer just like you. Finding ways to make the photographer's experience better is my goal. It's not easy out there as I and many others know. There's a lot more out there after you take the pictures. I'm trying to make that post stuff easier.

I wanted to bring it to POTN first, because it's my favorite photo forum. I learned a lot here and want to give back to it as best as I could(along with useful comments).I wanted to be like KevinNJ who released his project (http://www.photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1713215) here before anywhere else.

We also have other projects that are devoted to helping the photographer more too.

Zilly
29th of December 2006 (Fri), 20:27
please please please say your going to make it avalible to UK residents most of my traffic is american so it suits me to have a american proof site

grego
29th of December 2006 (Fri), 21:35
please please please say your going to make it avalible to UK residents most of my traffic is american so it suits me to have a american proof site

We are fully functional globally as long as you deal in dollars. So if that works for you, I do hope you enjoy the service.

Zilly
29th of December 2006 (Fri), 21:44
when you sign up you have to give a state what should i do ???

grego
29th of December 2006 (Fri), 21:57
when you sign up you have to give a state what should i do ???

I will find out why there is nothing for the UK. I will get back to you later today. Sorry. Damn programers. Can't trust them to do anything!! :lol:

Zilly
29th of December 2006 (Fri), 22:01
sounds like you need to whip the the programmer harder off to bed now its just go three in the morning over her speak to you in a few hours lol

grego
29th of December 2006 (Fri), 22:30
sounds like you need to whip the the programmer harder off to bed now its just go three in the morning over her speak to you in a few hours lol

For now, put CA. But the programer who i had to kick out of bed will have it fixedsoon.

Zilly
30th of December 2006 (Sat), 08:00
righto will do cheers

NBEast
31st of December 2006 (Sun), 01:43
"The files or folders you selected cannot be uploaded". This is a 4.5MB jpg converted with RSP using defaults then edited by PS CS and saved at max. No color-space changes, just a little levels etc.

What's the trick? I'd love to check check it out.

grego
31st of December 2006 (Sun), 03:38
"The files or folders you selected cannot be uploaded". This is a 4.5MB jpg converted with RSP using defaults then edited by PS CS and saved at max. No color-space changes, just a little levels etc.

What's the trick? I'd love to check check it out.

RSP is what? Probably some RAW conversion program, im guessing.
Do you think you can send me the file?

gregb
@ ucla . edu

If its a regular jpg, even at 4.5mb, it should be fine. But just want to double check.

grego
31st of December 2006 (Sun), 06:53
OKay that problem seems to have been uncovered. I'm kinda excited that I discovered it, being the least knowledable compared to the programers. :lol:
It was a problem I even had, but the programmers did not, so it was weird that it worked fine for them and not me. But its solved now!

It's a Java problem.
I checked it here for my version: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml

My version was old as well.
My Version: 1.5.0_04
New Version:1.5.0_10

So if you are having problems, go there.
http://www.java.com/en/

dlphotography
7th of January 2007 (Sun), 02:27
hey good stuff grego! thanks for spreading the word

grego
13th of January 2007 (Sat), 22:12
After some talking with the other partners. Until further notice, we have extended the 5% flat fee.

jbstudios
13th of January 2007 (Sat), 23:54
Just a dumb question, but do sales really go up when you put proofs on line with a cart? right now in my area people are STILL requesting proofs. they get cranky about when they dont have something to touch. I need something where they can view the proofs and then pick out the number included but yet would LOVE the fact that they could use a credit card. Please be honest!

mrs jb

grego
14th of January 2007 (Sun), 00:36
Just a dumb question, but do sales really go up when you put proofs on line with a cart? right now in my area people are STILL requesting proofs. they get cranky about when they dont have something to touch. I need something where they can view the proofs and then pick out the number included but yet would LOVE the fact that they could use a credit card. Please be honest!

mrs jb

How have you done proofs previously? At least from my photographer experience, with people who I've done with, this type of proofing is exactly what people want.

You can still do the traditional books, but what makes it nice here is linking up of the file names. This can be done from any computer, which makes it nice. It's also nice that they can share with extended family easily.

The goal is to get sales beyond the couple as well. See, I'm also using this idea for doing youth sports, and other events where people perform(that I cover). For me, the ability for masses to view and order is easier on me. It takes less time to schedule meetings(I'm a college student). This is me, of course.

I believe it will make things easier. That is one reason we developed it, coming group that has a few fellow photogs in it. But even then, it's a 5% flat fee(for a while now). You really won't lose much experimenting with us. You get to use your same printer, if you had one already. All you are going to get is an organized invoice now.

I think it will help you. Our goal was to simplify the photographer's life and allow him or her to focus on the main thing, taking the photos. :)

Remember there, are no fees for hosting your photos, no bandwidth costs. You can password protect it and the photos will get compressed if you put full res, so no one will be able to get a "nice copy"

dlphotography
17th of January 2007 (Wed), 11:29
I still get requests to put items in books, but online proofing simplifies the transaction process. Another time, I had to sit there with my laptop and have the couple look through 1000+ photos while I wrote down the file names. :evil: That was not a pleasant experience. Proofing online is definitely easier!

EOS mE
17th of January 2007 (Wed), 21:23
greg, how long is the photos hosted for? is there a time limit before it's deleted or will the photog be able to choose when to delete it?

grego
17th of January 2007 (Wed), 21:58
greg, how long is the photos hosted for? is there a time limit before it's deleted or will the photog be able to choose when to delete it?

No time limit. Your choice with respect to deletion. :) We like to make it very easy for photographers to manage and do things.

I still get requests to put items in books, but online proofing simplifies the transaction process. Another time, I had to sit there with my laptop and have the couple look through 1000+ photos while I wrote down the file names. That was not a pleasant experience. Proofing online is definitely easier!

Definitely agree. It makes it easier. It's there to compliment and give the photographer more options.

the.digital.guy
19th of January 2007 (Fri), 17:18
No time limit. Your choice with respect to deletion. :) We like to make it very easy for photographers to manage and do things.

Definitely agree. It makes it easier. It's there to compliment and give the photographer more options.

Curious...............the website says :
Hosting Duration
Images will be hosted for three months. It is a reasonable stint considering that you do not want clients to take forever, but it gives them ample time to decide. If they want to order more, just upload another batch! It's free so why not!

?????

coreypolis
19th of January 2007 (Fri), 17:22
the site is down

Grace
19th of January 2007 (Fri), 21:31
its up

coreypolis
19th of January 2007 (Fri), 21:41
its up
I guess it just doesn't like me.

I'm signing up for Pickpic as soon as its new version is released anyway.

grego
19th of January 2007 (Fri), 21:48
Curious...............the website says :
Hosting Duration
Images will be hosted for three months. It is a reasonable stint considering that you do not want clients to take forever, but it gives them ample time to decide. If they want to order more, just upload another batch! It's free so why not!

?????

Yeah, right now its technically unlimited. However, we did research and all other companies(that offered the same thing) had shorter periods.

If there is demand or input otherwise, we will reconsider. I have other partners though.

grego
19th of January 2007 (Fri), 21:49
I guess it just doesn't like me.

I'm signing up for Pickpic as soon as its new version is released anyway.

Is it still down for you? What browser were you using?

Just a reminder, we are indefintely charging 5% flat fee.

coreypolis
19th of January 2007 (Fri), 21:50
Is it still down for you? What browser were you using?

Just a reminder, we are indefintely charging 5% flat fee.
ie7

won't work from google either.

coreypolis
19th of January 2007 (Fri), 21:51
won't work on firefox either for me.

grego
19th of January 2007 (Fri), 21:54
ie7

won't work from google either.

I refuse to use IE7, let alone IE6, but it works on Firefox(accessed it through Google), Avant, Opera, IE6(through direct link and google). I just tested them all.

Try this link though:
http://pictureproofs.com/

not sure why you have having problems with IE7. I will pass along word though.

grego
19th of January 2007 (Fri), 21:57
I'd recommend clearing your temp internet files. Or check whatever firewalls you have.

coreypolis
19th of January 2007 (Fri), 22:06
nope niether one works on ie7 or firefox. and I don't have any security in place beyond the normal stuff and don't have issues going to any other site. Cleared temp files and cookies.

It does work on my blackberry.

grego
19th of January 2007 (Fri), 22:22
nope niether one works on ie7 or firefox. and I don't have any security in place beyond the normal stuff and don't have issues going to any other site. Cleared temp files and cookies.

It does work on my blackberry.

So it still doesn't work on your desktop, but works on blackberry. Hmm, has it never worked for you? Your case seems very odd(especially since its not limited to one browser).

coreypolis
19th of January 2007 (Fri), 22:26
So it still doesn't work on your desktop, but works on blackberry. Hmm, has it never worked for you? Your case seems very odd(especially since its not limited to one browser).
nope, never. pretty weird. If it was a security or browser issue it shouldn't let my BB go through. I dunno, never had an issue with my desktop before.

grego
19th of January 2007 (Fri), 23:05
What does it say when you try to access http://pictureproofs.com ?

does it time out?
does it say "page not found?"
does it say 404 error or something

That will probably help us get closer.

coreypolis
19th of January 2007 (Fri), 23:09
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/viperx27/pp1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/viperx27/pp2.jpg

grego
19th of January 2007 (Fri), 23:21
Thanks Corey for helping. Very weird thing that happened, but my programmer partners seem to have found the culprit. We are working on it right now. Sorry for your incontinence. I do hope you get to try the site out sometime soon.

JaertX
19th of January 2007 (Fri), 23:31
Sorry for your incontinence.

:shock:

grego
20th of January 2007 (Sat), 08:11
:shock:

Whoops. There goes my spelling!! Or sleep. or something like that.

EOS mE
21st of January 2007 (Sun), 23:59
greg.. i like pictureproof... gonna sign up for it as soon as i get my website online. i like how you and your partner provided the html coding for ppl like me to add pictureproof onto my site. i'm on html or even flash savvy. :(

grego
22nd of January 2007 (Mon), 01:12
Corey, i talked to my programing friends who talked to the domain host.
He asked that you turn off his firewall, clear the cache files and temp files and load again. And then you should be good to go. That's what was passed on to me.

EOS mE
24th of January 2007 (Wed), 01:03
greg.. i'm experiencing some problems..

i'm using IE7.0 and everytime i select something or submit something, the security information keeps popping up.

why is that?

EOS mE
24th of January 2007 (Wed), 02:11
Greg, also when we upload to pictureproof, should we resize the photos first? cuz when i uploaded the original file (JPEG format) and when ppl click on Zoom, the photos looks very blurry.

Does that happen to anyone else? Am I doing something wrong?

grego
24th of January 2007 (Wed), 23:22
greg.. i'm experiencing some problems..

i'm using IE7.0 and everytime i select something or submit something, the security information keeps popping up.

why is that?

There's nothing wrong with that. Nothing to worry about. However, i just checked with the programmer.

There are only two possibilities that I could think of.

1. The individual's browser's firewall or security settings are too high. He should lower it.

2. Make sure that he's not browsing the site with "https" because that enables our VeriSign encryption. The encryption is only necessary for the checkout process. If I load the site with "https" opposed to "http" I too will have the same problem.

grego
24th of January 2007 (Wed), 23:25
Greg, also when we upload to pictureproof, should we resize the photos first? cuz when i uploaded the original file (JPEG format) and when ppl click on Zoom, the photos looks very blurry.

Does that happen to anyone else? Am I doing something wrong?

The max upload size you can have is 600k. If you upload stuff in megabytes, our system will automatically compress the photos. I will play around with them and ask about that.

From my own personal experience, I would defintely do a quick resize batch, just because its quicker to upload 50-300 photos for instance. When I do proof stuff currently, i usually do batch resize on DPP because its so easy.

dlphotography
25th of January 2007 (Thu), 10:48
Actually, the photos are resized by the uploader before you even upload. That saves a lot of time. :rolleyes:

However, piggy-backing off of what Greg said, it does make it easier for processing if you resize them first.

Just remember to keep the file names the same for easier referencing. What I always do is upload the small pictures to Picture Proofs and the full resolution images to Winkflash/Shutterfly. Afterwards, whenever anyone orders, I just go to the lab's site and mail the images directly to them. So far they've been very happy with that.

mizuno
25th of January 2007 (Thu), 17:11
The individual's browser's firewall or security settings are too high. He should lower it.

Yeah, our site's not working properly, but if you expose your system a little more it might slide through without bothering you... :rolleyes:

grego
25th of January 2007 (Thu), 18:36
Yeah, our site's not working properly, but if you expose your system a little more it might slide through without bothering you... :rolleyes:

We have gone through all the securities. You would get those on various websites. even e-mail, if using a browser whose security features are on very high.

If you really are worried about security, i would not recommend using the Internet Explorer browser of all browsers. There are a variety of better options out there to limit spyware/adware and phishing attempts. We have a merchant account, but we also have 3rd party support in Google checkout.

The pop up posted is a very common pop up. And it's definitely not an indication of our site working improperly.

dlphotography
29th of January 2007 (Mon), 11:11
I think it is due to VeriSign that is prompting the security message. It shouldn't be anything to worry about. In the end, I suggest using FireFox!

I Simonius
30th of January 2007 (Tue), 04:03
nope, never. pretty weird. If it was a security or browser issue it shouldn't let my BB go through. I dunno, never had an issue with my desktop before.

cos they're using aspx not php probably;)

Usually the cause of problems:rolleyes:

dlphotography
31st of January 2007 (Wed), 23:47
asp = microsoft
microsoft = headache
lol

however, I do not feel that it is the problem. *shrugs

imaculate
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 13:54

printroom can. do everything everyone here comments without the headaches and bugs it seems you all are experiencing. I recall an example of a pro on their site. www.lunaweddings.com (http://www.lunaweddings.com) goto "my weddings" and you will see its a printroom storefront that looks like their main page and it has flash. pretty cool!!!

EOS mE
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 14:45
printroom can. do everything everyone here comments without the headaches and bugs it seems you all are experiencing. I recall an example of a pro on their site. www.lunaweddings.com (http://www.lunaweddings.com) goto "my weddings" and you will see its a printroom storefront that looks like their main page and it has flash. pretty cool!!!

NICE... I couldn't even tell that it was from Printroom. It flowed so nicely from Luna to Printroom.

Archersphoto
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 20:11
I have the frames installed on my site and when I got to the event name and log in using the password and my email it just refreshes the frame and goes back to blank. I was just trying to show my wife how it works on my site and it wouldnt let me see the gallery I was trying to get into. I also had a client have hte same problem. Why could that be?

dlphotography
9th of February 2007 (Fri), 00:57
Hey Archersphoto,

It seems to be working fine

http://www.archerphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/2426346

February 7

Password: sample

The reason why it is blank is because you have a password set for your CATEGORY section as well. You generally put a password for the category for pictures deemed more sensitive. I use it for baby showers haha.

You should try setting a different password for your CATEGORY section from that of your LOGIN. Currently, it doesn't show the pictures there because it requires a password for the CATEGORY; it should ask for a password when you click on VIEW ALL, but since the password is the same as the EVENT password, it assumes that the user has the rights to view the CATEGORY so it doesn't ask again.

The Picture Proofs technician is going to add a statement next to the CATEGORY saying that it is password protected to not confuse clients logging in trying to view what seems to be a blank section.

Best

Archersphoto
9th of February 2007 (Fri), 01:05
Hey Archersphoto,

February 7

I was able to log in with both Firefox and Internet Explorer. What seems to be your problem?

Best

Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt. If someone were to be accessing that from work or school, could that interfere with it? What has happened to me: I find the event, select, then password and email, and it basically just reverts back to the same page with the password and email spaces blank again. This has happened to me on firefox and internet explorer on my home computer as well as elsewhere, and I know my home computer has no restrictions on use.

Thanx

dlphotography
9th of February 2007 (Fri), 02:03
Well, here is a sample site for Picture Proofs with integrated frames

Linky (http://www.pictureproofs.com/samplesite/proof.aspx)

Customers won't even need to leave your site/url

I think SmugMug allows for that as well. don't remember

Archersphoto
9th of February 2007 (Fri), 02:29
Hey Archersphoto,

February 7

The reason why it is blank is because you have a password set for your CATEGORY section as well. You generally put a password for the category for pictures deemed more sensitive. I use it for baby showers haha.

You should try setting a different password for your CATEGORY section from that of your LOGIN. Currently, it doesn't show the pictures there because it requires a password for the CATEGORY; it should ask for a password when you click on VIEW ALL, but since the password is the same as the EVENT password, it assumes that the user has the rights to view the CATEGORY so it doesn't ask again.

The Picture Proofs technician is going to add a statement next to the CATEGORY saying that it is password protected to not confuse clients logging in trying to view what seems to be a blank section.

Best

Ok, I understand, got it figured out now! I had no problem with the frames, they were easy to install, it was the passwords.

Already wonderful customer service! I look forward to watching picture proofs grow!

Thanx!

grego
9th of February 2007 (Fri), 02:34
Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt. If someone were to be accessing that from work or school, could that interfere with it?

Thanx

Yes, it could. It depends how strict the system admins are with the firewall. The school I tutor at(Los Angeles Valley College) blocks all of google(pretty pathetic, eehh)?

Basically all schools have banned myspace these days for example. This forum might be accessible or might not, depending upon the knowledge of the amin.

As far as the other info, i could not answer that part. (Edit: Sorry, everything already answered).

Grace
9th of May 2007 (Wed), 13:36
just wanted to pop this back into attention. I have had several orders through picture proofs and am extremely happy. I get the order almost immediatly and a check soon follows!

I am now sending everysingle proof through them.

:)

Kamra 1
17th of July 2007 (Tue), 02:44
Greg: forgive me but I'm so slow I've almost caught up with myself. Your service handles my proofs and my client would go to the site you create for me and order what they want, whether they are the bride and groom, parents family or friends, right? Then, they add the cost and pay on line with a credit card or PayPal and then...(this is where I got confused) I get the payment and how do you get your 5%? This sounds great so please be patient and help me understand.

grego
17th of July 2007 (Tue), 02:50
Greg: forgive me but I'm so slow I've almost caught up with myself. Your service handles my proofs and my client would go to the site you create for me and order what they want, whether they are the bride and groom, parents family or friends, right? Then, they add the cost and pay on line with a credit card or PayPal and then...(this is where I got confused) I get the payment and how do you get your 5%? This sounds great so please be patient and help me understand.

We would host the photos. We would process the transaction through the help of Google/Paypal and then pay you the money and take a 5% flat fee charge out of that.

The customer would pick your photos, you get an invoice for which photos to be printed. And of course paid too. :)

Kamra 1
17th of July 2007 (Tue), 21:55
Very cool. I'll put you on my "gotta try this" list. Thank you very much for the reply: Tony

nicolerork
19th of July 2007 (Thu), 23:35
I didn't get a chance to read through the whole thread. If I understood corrrectly, you upload your pictures (low res) the client orders sizes/etc from the site. The site then sends you the picture information that they ordered and you send it off to your own printer?

grego
19th of July 2007 (Thu), 23:41
I didn't get a chance to read through the whole thread. If I understood corrrectly, you upload your pictures (low res) the client orders sizes/etc from the site. The site then sends you the picture information that they ordered and you send it off to your own printer?

Yes, low res purposely (as don't want people to steal them).

When someone purchases selected photos, you get an invoice with the requests. Then you send it to whatever printer you have used or that you think fits your budgeting correct.

nicolerork
20th of July 2007 (Fri), 00:11
Yes, low res purposely (as don't want people to steal them).

When someone purchases selected photos, you get an invoice with the requests. Then you send it to whatever printer you have used or that you think fits your budgeting correct.

I just bought one of my own photos to test it out :) I'm liking this a lot.

One problem though - when I go to add more items for pricing, I'm getting this message:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>
Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

grego
20th of July 2007 (Fri), 01:00
Hi Nicole, we are upgrading some of our materials and have some downtime currently. It'll be up and running soon.

nicolerork
30th of July 2007 (Mon), 23:51
I LIED. THIS WEBSITE SUCKS AND THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND DON'T RESPOND TO EMAILS.

STAY AWAY.

Grace
30th of July 2007 (Mon), 23:56
Hi Nicole, we are upgrading some of our materials and have some downtime currently. It'll be up and running soon.

do you think you could have explained that during the time I HAD 3 customers trying to order....and yes, I emailed them directly...everyone kept saying it was fine..but nobody could order....Seriously unhappy about that...

I moved to printroom.

snyper77
31st of July 2007 (Tue), 00:02
How does the site differ from candid2000.com's site called weddingimagesonline.com ? Many people in the USA use weddingimagesonline.com. Their prints are top notch and fees are $4.95 + 3.1%.

grego
31st of July 2007 (Tue), 00:52

do you think you could have explained that during the time I HAD 3 customers trying to order....and yes, I emailed them directly...everyone kept saying it was fine..but nobody could order....Seriously unhappy about that...

I moved to printroom.

I apologize, our server provider went down, unexpectedly during that time. It cost us as well not to mention that we pay them a lot to have no downtime.

I would be not pleased as well, being a photographer and clients having issues. I do know though that there is no 100% gurantee that anything will work at every minute of time.

How does the site differ from candid2000.com's site called weddingimagesonline.com ? Many people in the USA use weddingimagesonline.com. Their prints are top notch and fees are $4.95 + 3.1%.

And there are many others aside from them, including us.

demps
11th of August 2007 (Sat), 16:50
I thought this site was going to be perfect for me but, I should have been more cautious. It was early July when I first learned about Pictureproofs.com and they still had a Mothers day message on their banner (should have been the first clue.) So, I sent them an email to find out if the site was still active. It took several days to get a response but, they finally did and said the site was active and they just overlooked the banner.

Now I've started using their service and the orders flow perfectly. But, I'm waiting for my first check that should have processed on July 30th. It's now August 11th and no check. I sent an email asking for a status update and no response. At first I wasn't worried about getting my money but, I just wanted to make sure that everything worked correctly as this was my first check. But 12 days, an email, and an unreturned phone call to the site administrator has me very worried. They've only got about $350 of my money but, still it's mine and I want it. Has anyone actually gotten paid by them?

Grace
11th of August 2007 (Sat), 17:14
I thought this site was going to be perfect for me but, I should have been more cautious. It was early July when I first learned about Pictureproofs.com and they still had a Mothers day message on their banner (should have been the first clue.) So, I sent them an email to find out if the site was still active. It took several days to get a response but, they finally did and said the site was active and they just overlooked the banner.

Now I've started using their service and the orders flow perfectly. But, I'm waiting for my first check that should have processed on July 30th. It's now August 11th and no check. I sent an email asking for a status update and no response. At first I wasn't worried about getting my money but, I just wanted to make sure that everything worked correctly as this was my first check. But 12 days, an email, and an unreturned phone call to the site administrator has me very worried. They've only got about $350 of my money but, still it's mine and I want it. Has anyone actually gotten paid by them?

I did actually get paid by them...several times.. it worked very well for a good while..but I had several complaints in one weekend about not being able to complete orders (from the clients)...and have since switched to another service.

They did pay me..and when i had questions 99% of the time they answered them... I'm not sure what happened.

nicolerork
13th of August 2007 (Mon), 08:11
One of my clients placed an order two weeks ago and it never showed up in my sales total. I'm a little upset seeing as I sent an email over two weeks ago regarding that issue and never heard a response.......

song4themoon
13th of August 2007 (Mon), 08:18
I am using them and I am very happy with it. I have gotten every one of my checks.. it takes a little while because they wait to a certain date and sent you a collection of what was sold by then.

I also had the problem that my sales didnt show up at the total but I emailed them and got a prompt response that in their system it showed and they updated it for me. It seems to be a bug that isnt fixed yet, but you WILL get paid that money.

I always received responses quickly and reliably. I had a suggestion for a change on the site and it was changed within an hour or so, I was impressed.

nicolerork
13th of August 2007 (Mon), 08:25
I also had the problem that my sales didnt show up at the total but I emailed them and got a prompt response that in their system it showed and they updated it for me. It seems to be a bug that isnt fixed yet, but you WILL get paid that money.

I always received responses quickly and reliably. I had a suggestion for a change on the site and it was changed within an hour or so, I was impressed.

Not for me. I'm losing money. I even have the invoice to prove that the client ordered.

song4themoon
13th of August 2007 (Mon), 08:54
Thats weird, I would email them again

nicolerork
13th of August 2007 (Mon), 16:17
I emailed them again this morning shortly after I made that post. Still no response from the first or second email. What's going on? Are they taking my money and running?

nicolerork
14th of August 2007 (Tue), 14:29
Still no reply. I'm pissed.

demps
14th of August 2007 (Tue), 18:35
So, I finally received an email update:

"We have to make certain verifications with Google credit card processing center before issuing checks. However, we generally try to ship checks within two weeks of credit card purchases. Please hang in there and forgive us for the delay.

Thank you,

Lawrence"

On their site they clearly state that checks are issued on the 16th and the 30th unless those dates fall on a weekend in which case they are issued the following business day. I'm at 15 days and counting.............

I've talked to a few of their customers and am feeling confident that I will eventually get paid. My orders have long since been delivered and I'm shouldering all of the cost, this isn't a very effective model. It would be more profitable for me to pay a higher rate and get my money immediately. I think the more profitable approach is going to be to invest in a proofing tool that allows me to process my own transactions with Paypal.

I'm a pretty patient person but, their service just sucks. In my opinion it is unacceptable for any business to take more than 24 hours to respond to a customer's email. I get that they are a really small operation but, I'm still their customer and deserve to be treated as such.

grego
14th of August 2007 (Tue), 22:36
You'll be paid. If you weren't, I wouldn't still be here. I've also bought and sold equipment on here and Fred Miranda, so I definitely don't try to hide. I've posted less, but that's about it. Oh and everyone's check is out in the mail.

Keep in mind we've been using Google Checkout. Money has to clear through them first. And then we are paying checks so there are no fees (if we used paypal, there would be extra fees). We are trying to make it most affordable for all.

To be quick, we are switching our hosts for our servers because they did not meet their end of the agreement. After that we are implementing a new model that will make things easier if you choose to use it. That means money will be all of your responsibility in the future.

I've talked to a few of their customers and am feeling confident that I will eventually get paid. My orders have long since been delivered and I'm shouldering all of the cost, this isn't a very effective model. It would be more profitable for me to pay a higher rate and get my money immediately. I think the more profitable approach is going to be to invest in a proofing tool that allows me to process my own transactions with Paypal.

Your idea is where we are moving towards.

demps
15th of August 2007 (Wed), 20:31
I received my check today!

I can't believe it was hand written, no wonder it takes forever. I'm quickly transitioning over to ezphotosales.com for a $100 upfront + next to nothing hosting costs and 2.9% to Paypal I'll be way ahead.

nicolerork
18th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:50
Alright, this site closed without notice and they still owe me money. On top of the fact that there was NO warning of them closing, I now have to move all of my current galleries to a new proofing site AND I still have pending orders. GREAT JOB. I am so beyond pissed off.

song4themoon
18th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:57
I noticed this today too and am very pissed. I was really happy with them until now

nicolerork
18th of September 2007 (Tue), 12:02
This site is probably the most unprofessional site I've ever used. I was happy until they took over a month to mail my check, now they've shut down without notice, I still have pending orders and they still owe me money.

song4themoon
18th of September 2007 (Tue), 12:24
I am signing up for PhotoReflect.com right now It seems to work the same way (unfortunately it doesnt look like you can include it into you actual website though). Hopefully this one is better

Grace
18th of September 2007 (Tue), 12:42
they owe me money as well...

song4themoon
18th of September 2007 (Tue), 12:45
everyone that is still waiting on money from them should sue them.

nicolerork
18th of September 2007 (Tue), 13:16
I am signing up for PhotoReflect.com right now It seems to work the same way (unfortunately it doesnt look like you can include it into you actual website though). Hopefully this one is better

I'm testing out EZPhotosales with their free trial. Does anyone have any information about them? They seem pretty legit.

song4themoon
18th of September 2007 (Tue), 13:31
I looked at them too but it seemed quite expensive to me

nicolerork
18th of September 2007 (Tue), 23:32
I decided on Instaproofs.com

Pretty much the same as Picture Proofs except they're professional and their customer service is excellent.

grego
19th of September 2007 (Wed), 01:10
Hi everyone,

1) Checks have been mailed out (we do this twice a month-today is the 18th, the 15th was on Saturday). In order to minimize costs for the photographer, we went with Google Checkout. However, we do not instantly recieve money from them. Currently they do not have a piece to manage to a third party. Google Chechout pays every time you reach 100. For proper accounting we decided to pay out twice a month, like most businesses do (or monthly). Much of the times, we paid out of our own pocket waiting for Google to rack up 100 dollars in cost. Paypal is not that good, but even then they take fees out, which were were trying to reduce. And going by the rates we had, it's not like we made out with money and are running (I'm still here).

2) It takes 1 month to take down a server. Our hosts were caused problems that some of you experienced in the past. They did not hold up to their guaranteed up time and did not reimburse us accordingly. We are moving to a better server and making changes to the site.

One of the changes being made was taking out the money aspect out, because it seemed too many people had complaints or issues. Basically you could use any service to handle the money and use whatever rates you deemed appropriate. Our side was to stay on the hosting, and that was it.

3) The main page had a message beginning a month ago. This message: http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/923/indexkl8.th.jpg (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=indexkl8.jpg)

The same e-mail informing everyone that the site was going to come down in a month was the one used to inform you of your sales.

Some solutions for alternative online proofing websites are:

www.instaproofs.com
www.pictology.com

4) Once we have redesigned the site to cater the past wishes, we will re-launch the site on a new server. Of course the key is uptime and we are looking at providers who can give us better support. Once it is up, if you decide to use it, money will be your responsibility. Our only responsibility will be providing you with a host for proofing and other photo tools that we are working on. My goal and my partners also were to develop something to help photographers (being on myself). I have not seen a penny from it and I won’t till it compliments the photographer correctly. And if there is something better out there, I want that photographer to use it.

This site is the first place I come to if I have something positive to offer from the photography spectrum.

Thanks.

song4themoon
19th of September 2007 (Wed), 08:39
So the site will be back up? I had it embedded into my website so clients can see their pics from there... will I need to change everything or will it be back up automatically ones the site is running again.

How will the payment work from now on. Will the order still be placed with you but the payment from them goes right into my paypal or whatever? Or will the order be placed with me now too?

How will you get paid ones the payment is my responsibility? Will you have monthly fees?

How long until you expect the site to be running again?

grego
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 02:55
So the site will be back up? I had it embedded into my website so clients can see their pics from there... will I need to change everything or will it be back up automatically ones the site is running again.

How will the payment work from now on. Will the order still be placed with you but the payment from them goes right into my paypal or whatever? Or will the order be placed with me now too?

How will you get paid ones the payment is my responsibility? Will you have monthly fees?

How long until you expect the site to be running again?

Hi Jenni,

1) As of right now, PP is focusing their attention on other projects to help photographers with web development and search engines. However, the future projects should include integrated online proofing systems that will probably be free of charge.

2) Currently, PP is suggesting that individuals use other online proofing systems to handle their e-commerce. Companies that offer similar services are:

http://www.pictology.com
http://www.instaproofs.com Ive heard that it is almost the same

Another solution is to have clients email you the picture number and you can send out a bill via PayPal, which takes direct monetary transfers.

3) Since PP is trying to integrate the services into their new project, which is about half-way completed, it is expected to debut hopefully by the end of this year. PP intends to give out free vouchers for those faithful users of their previous service, so please stay tuned. These individuals will basically be the beta testers for the new project.

Thank you for your patience and understanding of PPs position and decision. When I get updates, I will be sure to announce it.

Grace
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 08:24
Just wanted everyone to know I got my check!

Greg - I really hope this works out for you guys! I'd much rather support someone from POTN. Good luck, really...I wish the best for you.

kathy