PDA

View Full Version : If you don't know what to shoot...

Ikinaa
25th of February 2004 (Wed), 03:09
Here's an idea... :idea:

http://www.confluence.org/

Shoot the latitude and longitude integer degree intersections in the world.

Now that's weird...
:lol:

CyberDyneSystems
25th of February 2004 (Wed), 09:36
tooo funny!

Consider that about 2/3rds of the confluences are in the middle of the ocean... they'll never get them all :)

But a fun project :)

IanD
25th of February 2004 (Wed), 19:03
Holy snapshot Batman!
I checked out the Quebec link and there are a bunch not photographed in the North. Since I'm heading up there in a few weeks, I'm going to stick the info in my GPS and try to shoot a couple. Unless of course I run accross a bunch of moose. Speaking of which I believe that the plural of moose is meese. :lol:

Scottes
25th of February 2004 (Wed), 21:00
Speaking of which I believe that the plural of moose is meese.

Depends on how close you are. If you're *really* close, the plural is not to be spoken here.

TeraGram93013
25th of February 2004 (Wed), 21:45
Holy snapshot Batman!
I checked out the Quebec link and there are a bunch not photographed in the North.

I hate you. :lol:

I love funky little projects like this. Why oh why didn't I learn about it earlier? :?

All the California spots are shot except two which I suspect are really on Military Property. The one near SLO is, I'm almost sure of it. The one up north? Eh. Can't believe it hasn't been shot already if it is accessible.

Since I'm heading up there in a few weeks, I'm going to stick the info in my GPS and try to shoot a couple. Unless of course I run accross a bunch of moose. Speaking of which I believe that the plural of moose is meese. :lol:

Please make sure your car insurance is paid up. Barring that make sure you've got enough rope to drag one o' them big boys back. Feed your family on that and you'll save enough on groceries to buy a 1DMKII in no time. :wink:

CyberDyneSystems
25th of February 2004 (Wed), 22:10
I bet roast Moose goes well with a side of Mac & Cheese! :wink:

Ikinaa
26th of February 2004 (Thu), 01:52
Holy snapshot Batman!
I checked out the Quebec link and there are a bunch not photographed in the North. Since I'm heading up there in a few weeks, I'm going to stick the info in my GPS and try to shoot a couple. Unless of course I run accross a bunch of moose. Speaking of which I believe that the plural of moose is meese. :lol:

Now that would be a nice picture... a moose at the exact intersection point :lol:

IanD
26th of February 2004 (Thu), 06:06
Holy snapshot Batman!
I checked out the Quebec link and there are a bunch not photographed in the North.

I love funky little projects like this. Why oh why didn't I learn about it earlier? :?

All the California spots are shot except two which I suspect are really on Military Property. The one near SLO is, I'm almost sure of it. The one up north? Eh. Can't believe it hasn't been shot already if it is accessible.

Since I'm heading up there in a few weeks, I'm going to stick the info in my GPS and try to shoot a couple. Unless of course I run accross a bunch of moose. Speaking of which I believe that the plural of moose is meese. :lol:

Please make sure your car insurance is paid up. Barring that make sure you've got enough rope to drag one o' them big boys back. Feed your family on that and you'll save enough on groceries to buy a 1DMKII in no time. :wink:
Tera,
Come on up here and shoot away. I checked out some on the sites and even a mad man would not go there. however there are a couple that I plan on shooting. Too bad my back yard is not on the list :lol:

IanD
26th of February 2004 (Thu), 06:10
I bet roast Moose goes well with a side of Mac & Cheese! :wink:
You would not believe how much meat is on a moose. A buddy of mine manages to scare one to death every year and even after splitting up the meat with the 3 others (takes 4 permits for 1 moose) There is still enough left over to allow me to dine in fine style for many a meal. Combine that with the stuff that customers give me and the freezer fills up in the fall.
Have not tried using Mac and Cheese as a side dish but will remember to do so this fall :lol:

IanD
26th of February 2004 (Thu), 06:13
Holy snapshot Batman!

Tera,
I do around 10 trips a year through the Northern Parks and moose pose the biggest threat to the truck, espically in the spring when they come out of the woods and lick the salt that has accumlated on the sides of the road. In 20 years of driving up there I have not yet (knock on wood) managed to be tagged by one. Have seen a lot of others that have had the misfortune :( Hard on the moose and hard on the folks that hit them.

CoolToolGuy
26th of February 2004 (Thu), 07:14
How about this?
-Shoot the moose with your Canon.
-Shoot the moose with your cannon.
-Process what you shot in step 1 and sell it.
-Buy side dishes with the money.
-Render what you shot in step 2 and freeze it.
-Eat like a king all year.

:wink: :) :D :lol:

Sorry, Kraft, your mac-n-cheese sales just went down. :P

Have Fun
Rick 8)

Ikinaa
26th of February 2004 (Thu), 07:18
How about this?
-Shoot the moose with your Canon.
-Shoot the moose with your cannon.
-Process what you shot in step 1 and sell it.
-Buy side dishes with the money.
-Render what you shot in step 2 and freeze it.
-Eat like a king all year.

:wink: :) :D :lol:

Sorry, Kraft, your mac-n-cheese sales just went down. :P

Have Fun
Rick 8)

Safer would be this :
-Shoot the moose with your cannon
-Try to stand the moose on its feet as if it were alive
-Shoot the moose with your Canon
-Process ...
:twisted:

Ikinaa
26th of February 2004 (Thu), 07:21
Little quiz :!:

There are two possibilities to shoot 360 confluences with only one shot...

Which :?:

stopbath
26th of February 2004 (Thu), 08:17

North and south pole?

How about from a plane? Could get many that way too, though detail would suffer.

Oh, cocking the shutter without winding the film. Again detail would suffer from all the multiple exposures (at 1/360 exposure...)

Ikinaa
26th of February 2004 (Thu), 08:21

North and south pole?

How about from a plane? Could get many that way too, though detail would suffer.

Oh, cocking the shutter without winding the film. Again detail would suffer from all the multiple exposures (at 1/360 exposure...)

Yes... northpole and southpole : latitude 90 (-90) and longitude 0-359
the longitudes are passing through the poles...

TeraGram93013
26th of February 2004 (Thu), 10:18
Come on up here and shoot away. I checked out some on the sites and even a mad man would not go there.

Thanks, I really do appreciate the invitation. But um... well let me put it this way... I survived 28 Chicago winters and that was quite enough.

As to the moose being a threat to trucks & such, oh I believe it. Haven't seen any deer vs. car accidents here in Southern California (though they do happen) but I have seen a lot of them in IL and WI. Having seen the amount of damage a deer can do to a car I have absolutely no doubt that a moose would devastate a vehicle of any size!

CyberDyneSystems
26th of February 2004 (Thu), 11:12
The poor mooses (meese?) are not exactly the sturdies critters,. I don't hink Ian was kiiding about scaring them to death. I know hunters who have shot at one and another has died of fright on the spot! :shock:

IanD
26th of February 2004 (Thu), 12:58
The poor mooses (meese?) are not exactly the sturdies critters,. I don't hink Ian was kiiding about scaring them to death. I know hunters who have shot at one and another has died of fright on the spot! :shock:
They are not the sharpest knives in the woods :lol:
Of course not as bad as the moose/meese population on Newfoundland. Being an island with very little chance of fresh breeding stock, all the existing beaasts are related. An original my mother and fater are brother and sister episode. Very shallow gene pool there. (for the moose/meese) :lol:

stopbath
26th of February 2004 (Thu), 13:32
The plural for moose is moose. :shock:

Such a big animal, you would expect their tickers to handle more than a good scare...

Belmondo
26th of February 2004 (Thu), 19:22
They are not the sharpest knives in the woods :lol:
Of course not as bad as the moose/meese population on Newfoundland. Being an island with very little chance of fresh breeding stock, all the existing beaasts are related. An original my mother and fater are brother and sister episode. Very shallow gene pool there. (for the moose/meese) :lol:Sorta' like, "My uncle is my brother." :wink: