PDA

View Full Version : where do you find music for websites?

LeesaB
7th of January 2007 (Sun), 23:21
I read in a post that David J was working on getting access to copyrighted music, but until then...what do you do? where do you find royalty free music to download?

picturecrazy
8th of January 2007 (Mon), 10:15
Just do a google search for "stock music" and Bob's your uncle.
Be prepared to spend hours of time wading through music and listening to elevator music before you find something that suits your need.

the ones I've used lately:

stockmusic.net
stock20.com
soundtrackarcade.com
tjhillmusic.com

LeesaB
8th of January 2007 (Mon), 11:17
Omgosh..help me, I am stuck in a swamp of elevator music...and I can't get OUT>>>> lots of great songs...wow...so I am listening and picking and listening and annoyed by " this is a demo by stockmusic.net" every 4 seconds.

tim
8th of January 2007 (Mon), 13:01
http://www.gregmaroney.com/

picturecrazy
8th of January 2007 (Mon), 14:14
Omgosh..help me, I am stuck in a swamp of elevator music...and I can't get OUT>>>> lots of great songs...wow...so I am listening and picking and listening and annoyed by " this is a demo by stockmusic.net" every 4 seconds.

oh man, I hear ya. That is SO annoying. My wife hates it too and can imitate the voice quite well. She likes making fun of it. I like tjhillmusic.com's solution much better. He just adds a little beep every ten seconds or so.

picturecrazy
8th of January 2007 (Mon), 14:16
oh yeah, forgot to mention, I spent the most time wading through stockmusic.net and stock20.com, and I have never bought anything from them. I DID buy from soundtrackarcade and tjhillmusic, even though their song list is very short.

LeesaB
8th of January 2007 (Mon), 17:32
I did find a few...now I am narrowing down..I do like 2 on the TJ site..but I am going to take a day and listen and see what I think..as my mood also changes...I want to get this up and running by Friday..my goal..since i placed an add in a bridal extra in the paper, I want them to see the new webpage.