PDA

View Full Version : Need help, gonna need alot!!

krazziecliff
30th of January 2007 (Tue), 15:15
Hi y'all. I'm fairly new so I'm gonna bombard u ppl with questions, dat might be silly, repeated, obvious, ignorant n sometimes brilliant (without my knowledge ofcourse). I wanted advise on wut lens to buy next. I've got a budget of around $1000 rit now. shud i buy a zoom lens? or shud i go for 2 primes? i'm basically interested in fashion n glamour. but i love doing those pretty lil bokeh stuff too. wut kinda lens in ur opinion fits both scenarios? I'd lean towards fashion right now,, but i'm guessing that in both scenarios I wud require a a big aperture opening. until now i've managed to work on my selective focusin skills using my Sigma 70-300. any advise??

PhotosGuy
30th of January 2007 (Tue), 22:12
so I'm gonna bombard u ppl with questions Be sure to look in the "Stickys" at the top of the various sections of the forum! Like...
Canon EF and EF-S lenses (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)

Primes are excellent, but maybe not yet? The 28-70 f/2.8 would work well with your 70-300, but it's only one lens for your $1,000.
Some would get the 17-40. Others... will be happy to help you spend your money. ;)