PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone dealt with Canon service in NJ before?

CyberDyneSystems
10th of March 2004 (Wed), 18:11
The shipping address they gave me was in "Jamesburg, NJ"

My UPS tracking says it was delivered to the following;

Delivered on: Mar 9, 2004 9:34 A.M.

Signed by: RHEEL
Delivered to: MONROE, NJ, US

Then below that it has the package progress where it was deleivered to the following;

Mar 9, 2004 9:34 A.M. HAMILTON, NJ, US DELIVERY

None of the above say "Jamesburg"

So,. should I be worried?

thomascanty
10th of March 2004 (Wed), 18:14
Do you have a phone number? Myself, I think I'd be calling them.

Edited to add: I don't have any experience with Canon's NJ center. When I took my 17-40 in for warranty repair, they sent it to Chicago.

PacAce
10th of March 2004 (Wed), 20:22
The shipping address they gave me was in "Jamesburg, NJ"

My UPS tracking says it was delivered to the following;

Delivered on: Mar 9, 2004 9:34 A.M.

Signed by: RHEEL
Delivered to: MONROE, NJ, US

Then below that it has the package progress where it was deleivered to the following;

Mar 9, 2004 9:34 A.M. HAMILTON, NJ, US DELIVERY

None of the above say "Jamesburg"

So,. should I be worried?

CDS, the Canon web site lists their address as 100 Jamesburg Rd., Jamesburg, NJ.

If you do a mapquest of that address, you'll end up with 100 Ridge Rd., Monroe Township, NJ.

And when I drove down there, I had to enter RT 535, Monroe Township to find the place with my navigation system.

They have 3 different street names for the same road. :roll: I'm sure your camera got there OK. It's a big building in what seems like the middle of nowhere. Even if you had just put Canon Service Center, NJ, I'm sure it would get there.

ilya
10th of March 2004 (Wed), 22:17
CDS, I think Hamilton is a UPS waypoint. Everytime I get something from B&H, its always delivered there first, and then delivered to my house after that. Test it out - send me your long Sigma, and I'll send it back to you ... sometime. :lol:

CyberDyneSystems
11th of March 2004 (Thu), 00:30
Thanks for the reasurance,. I did call Canon and not only did I get the news that my 10D had arrived,. but they have allready "evaluated" it enough to decide that it has been "approved" for warranty service.

I am now kicking my self that I fogot to put down "clean the CMOS" on my warranty request as well... :?

Will they clean it anyway? :D

PacAce
11th of March 2004 (Thu), 09:14
Thanks for the reasurance,. I did call Canon and not only did I get the news that my 10D had arrived,. but they have allready "evaluated" it enough to decide that it has been "approved" for warranty service.

I am now kicking my self that I fogot to put down "clean the CMOS" on my warranty request as well... :?

Will they clean it anyway? :D

I"m sure they will. They did mine. Although I requested it, it wasn't written in the work order so that must be part of the regular service along with updating the firmware (which they did for me without being asked) if it's behind.

CoolToolGuy
11th of March 2004 (Thu), 10:57
They have 3 different street names for the same road. :roll: I'm sure your camera got there OK. It's a big building in what seems like the middle of nowhere. Even if you had just put Canon Service Center, NJ, I'm sure it would get there.

Well, of course - it's Canon - Digital Rebel, 300D, Kiss Digital - what did you expect :?: :roll: :) :D :lol:

Have Fun
Rick 8)

stopbath
11th of March 2004 (Thu), 12:05
Rest assured that after repair the technician will do a general clean up on the camera (within reason). Cleaning the sensor would be standard proceedure.

CyberDyneSystems
11th of March 2004 (Thu), 12:53
This is good to know,. there were some sizable dust bunnies rolling around in there!!!! (you guys would puke if you saw my CMOS in a sky photo stopped down to f/16 :oops: :oops: )