superdiver
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 15:16
WOW...

Master-9
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 15:28
wow

timbernet
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 15:31
Not to be mean ... but I suspect drugs were involved...

Dandaman_24
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 15:32
Double wow

gjl711
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 15:34
Very bizzare...

saravrose
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 15:34
My goodness... that poor baby...

ajbalazic
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 15:39
Wow!

squashed
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 15:42
Yikes...Her poor newborn... She was so hot in her hayday.

CyberDyneSystems
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 15:42
My goodness... that poor baby...

Indeed, is she even a year old now?
Who knows who is left to care for her, and frankly, I can not imagine that Mom's estate is going to be settled easily..

Beau Hudspeth
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 16:05
... and this hot-on-the-heals of her 20yr old sons untimely death.

Not a good time for the Smiths ... :(

BottomBracket
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 16:07
The poor soul. Wallowing in wealth, yet so unhappy. May she rest in peace.

sugarzebra
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 16:15
A tragic end to what appeared to be a rather tortured life. Very sad.

MagicallyDelicious
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 16:22
im shocked.

very shocked.

Mark_Cohran
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 16:23

No suspicion required. The article pretty much said as much. It's sad though for the child she recently delivered.

Mark

thekid24
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 16:25
Indeed, is she even a year old now?
Who knows who is left to care for her, and frankly, I can not imagine that Mom's estate is going to be settled easily..
Nope I want to say she was born in Sept. but I could be wrong. I heard about this earlier and couldnt believe it. Two major hits to her family in such a short amount of time. Boggles the mind.

Jason77
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 16:25
is it too cynical of me to think that her daughter now has a better chance of a stable upbringing?

ilovemycamera
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 16:30
dang... what a shocker! That's unreal. Wonder what the autopsy will find...

timbernet
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 16:30
No suspicion required. The article pretty much said as much. It's sad though for the child she recently delivered.

Mark

A comment I read on another forum was suggesting that as horrible as it sounds, her child may be better off in the long run... Sure it is terrible for a kid to not have her mother growing up - but her lifestyle was one that I wouldn't want to see passed on...

*edit* Jason77 beat me...

CyberDyneSystems
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 16:31
is it too cynical of me to think that her daughter now has a better chance of a stable upbringing?

Actually, I'd agree to that possibility too.. I hate to speak ill, but she was certainly odd.
On the other hand she did raise a Son, and may very well have been a good loving mother.

bryan k
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 16:33
I hope they don't determine it was the TrimSpa...

thekid24
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 16:37
I hope they don't determine it was the TrimSpa...
ooo could you imagine the backlash on that one?:shock:???

JCR
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 16:38
Don't be so fast to judge, she was a product of a society, one we all contribute to building.

bryan k
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 16:43
Don't be so fast to judge, she was a product of a society, one we all contribute to building.

Except only she got paid...

hatmandue
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 16:44
so who gets all the money now?

bryan k
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 16:53
so who gets all the money now?

Hmm.. Either the infant or the old guy's son... I'm sure that won't get settled for a looong time.

SuzyView
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 17:02
Good to see you back, BottomBracket. :);)

I didn't follow all the happenings in Ms. Smith's life, but I have to say that her death is truly tragic. She did not live a conventional life, mainly because she was not a conventional person. A celebrity once said Nicole was the most beautiful woman she had ever met. My heart goes out to her little girl. No matter what anyone says, that little girl will probably not have a conventional life either.

thekid24
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 17:08
Hmm.. Either the infant or the old guy's son... I'm sure that won't get settled for a looong time.
The old guy's son has died also. Or at least that is what I read

Saralonde
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 17:08
Such a sad ending. I saw her on an interview last night and her speech sounded slurred. I assume she was on drugs, perhaps for depression after her son died. I bet it was an overdose of some kind, accidentally or puposely. Poor baby she left behind. She was odd, but I really felt sorry for her after her son died. There can be nothing worse in life then losing your child.

Stavhp
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 17:09
WOW, i thought she was on the way back up....

SuzyView
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 17:09
Yes, her son died last year, also very tragic. He died while visiting her in the hospital when she delivered her baby.

Honeybee
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 17:14
Inside Edition was certainly running her crazy about the paternity of Dannielynn. We were just talking about her this morning at work and I said I felt sorry for her, that she'd lost her son, and that her life was blasted over TV every evening.

Everything that's good to you isn't necessarily good for you.

Ronald S. Jr.
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 17:26

Yeah, last June.

bryan k
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 17:31

You are right-

"Marshall, who was worth $1.6 billion, died 14 months later. The lack of a prenuptial agreement set off a huge, 12-year legal battle between Smith and Marshall's son, E. Pierce Marshall.
At first, Smith was evicted from the Marshall ranch and her money -- a $50,000 monthly allowance -- was cut off. She filed for bankruptcy in 1999.
Then, in 2000, Smith won a $474 million judgment, but that was scrapped when a Texas state court ruled that Pierce Marshall was the sole heir. In May 2006, however, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Smith could pursue her fight in federal court. Pierce Marshall, 67, died in June. The Marshall family said at the time they would continue the legal battle over the fortune."

So I guess that money will just keep sitting for a while longer... Thats alot of interest compounding :lol:

SuzyView
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 17:33
Interest in money, or interest as in curiosity?

theague
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 17:43
To sum this up, since I actually read an article on this:

The baby is 5-months old.
Both Anna Nicole and "the old guy's" son are dead. The "old guy's" family offered condolences to Anna's family.
She was being treated with methodone (a drug used in treating heroin addiction - primarily to offset the withdrawal symptoms). I'm sure she was taking other things at the time but that is yet to be determined by the autopsy which will take place on Friday.

ilovemycamera
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 18:09
what a shame... that child will never know her mother, and may never know her real father if they don't do a paternity test ???

Shutter22
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 18:24
I wouldn't say her daughter will grow up in a sturdier home. It seems Howard Stern will win custody if there is no paternity test.

Skrim17
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 18:28

A comment I read on another forum was suggesting that as horrible as it sounds, her child may be better off in the long run... Sure it is terrible for a kid to not have her mother growing up - but her lifestyle was one that I wouldn't want to see passed on...

*edit* Jason77 beat me...

Actually, I'd agree to that possibility too.. I hate to speak ill, but she was certainly odd.
On the other hand she did raise a Son, and may very well have been a good loving mother.

I cna't help but think that the child might be better off, ANS scared the heck out of me.

so who gets all the money now? She recently remarried, perhaps the new hubby?

R_Metzel
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 18:32
First her young son, now her! Feel bad for the new baby.

zacker
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 18:56
I wouldn't say her daughter will grow up in a sturdier home. It seems Howard Stern will win custody if there is no paternity test.

Howard K. Stern, Her supposed Lawyer! ....lol

(After the kid was born and the son died and all this came out in the news, some guy actually called Howard Stern ( the radio show host) and thought HE was the father..lol It was Hysterical..i laughed about that all day!!

Ronald S. Jr.
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 19:58
Interest in money, or interest as in curiosity?

Earned interest.

timbernet
8th of February 2007 (Thu), 20:04
Howard K. Stern, Her supposed Lawyer! ....lol

(After the kid was born and the son died and all this came out in the news, some guy actually called Howard Stern ( the radio show host) and thought HE was the father..lol It was Hysterical..i laughed about that all day!!

I will have to dig the link up - but I think I read they just had a "Commitment Ceremony" and there was no actual legal paperwork confirming that they are married... That article could have been wrong too...

3Honu
9th of February 2007 (Fri), 01:25
I will have to dig the link up - but I think I read they just had a "Commitment Ceremony" and there was no actual legal paperwork confirming that they are married... That article could have been wrong too...

You are correct. And at the risk of being totally un-PC...that kid may have a bit of a hole in her heart as she grows up but I honestly believe that she will be better off without ANS. Especially if ANS was to continue in her current lifestyle. DNA does not a good mother make.

Graphyfotoz
9th of February 2007 (Fri), 06:57

Can't agree more!
Her last interview she seemed drugged up to me.
She wanted to be like Marilin Monroe and I think she succeeded!
Seems she......uhhh....got around if ya get my drift! :confused:

DavidEB
9th of February 2007 (Fri), 18:45
going out on a limb here. she died suddenly, young, and her son died suddenly, young. I'll guess long QT syndrome. Methadone didn't help that much, either.

I wouldn't judge her parenting skills. While I wouldn't have made some of her life choices, there's no sign of her not having been devoted to her son or daughter. Some of society's most stable members are lousy parents. You can't always tell. May she rest in peace.

Dan-o
9th of February 2007 (Fri), 20:32
I will never for the life of me find the attraction to celebs. Why are there deaths and misfortunes any more important then the other thousands of people that died that day. Why is the media comparing her to Marilyn Monroe, Elvis and James Dean? She was a talentles hack stripper. Why was she even considered famous? Good luck trying to find the real news in the next few days because it will be 24 hour Anna coverage. Feel sorry for the guy who works his a$$ off everyday to provide for his family then dies in a car accident. I just don't feel sorry for someone who basically partied themselves to death. Every death is a tradgedy but I've just had enough of the Paris, Brittney, Annas of the world.

blonde
9th of February 2007 (Fri), 21:02
I will never for the life of me find the attraction to celebs. Why are there deaths and misfortunes any more important then the other thousands of people that died that day. Why is the media comparing her to Marilyn Monroe, Elvis and James Dean? She was a talentles hack stripper. Why was she even considered famous? Good luck trying to find the real news in the next few days because it will be 24 hour Anna coverage. Feel sorry for the guy who works his a$$ off everyday to provide for his family then dies in a car accident. I just don't feel sorry for someone who basically partied themselves to death. Every death is a tradgedy but I've just had enough of the Paris, Brittney, Annas of the world.

well said. i for one don't really feel bad over this. sure, any loss of life is a tragedy but when your life looks like her's did, this is not really a surprise. i think the really sad part about this entire thing is that we can now see just where we are as a society. if this is the biggest news at this point in time, i guess our world is perfect. why worry about global wraming, murder, rapes, wars etc.. when we can have 24 hour a day coverage of the death of Anna Nicole Smith. sorry if i am coming off a bit harsh but i have had just about enough with our stupid obsession with celebrities. in my own opinion, people like ANS, Brittney, Paris etc.. are nothing more than waste of fresh air and the fact that they get treated like royalty is just sad.

Dan-o
9th of February 2007 (Fri), 21:09
Very well said Blonde. My sentiments exactly.

mrclark321
9th of February 2007 (Fri), 21:15
Sad non the less......When you watch the news it's almost all bad, thats what people like to here. Not sure if she contributed for the good with her wealth but you would never hear it anyway.....We only look for the bad stuff! So how much of it is the publics fault and the way we perceive everything....The grass is not always greener on the other side.

Dan

PhotoJourno
9th of February 2007 (Fri), 21:18
I hear ya Dan, everytime I browse through the NPPA's Best News Photos for 2006, it is a bizarre combo of photographic awe, and human devastation.

This Chick Anna Nicole Smith definitely had some high voltage lines going through her 1D camera... it was bound to fry up.

The lesson to be learned is, don't mix your prescriptions. It's like having Nokin lenses on a Canon camera. Dangerous !!...

sam walker
9th of February 2007 (Fri), 21:25
They, the news said yesteday Smith modeled herself after Marilynn Monroe. OK she did appear in Playboy magazine as per centerfold #1 MM. Monroe actually developed into a respectable actor see The Misfits. Anna never would because she didn't posess the talent or drive.Sorry for the newborn daughter to grow up without her mother.
Sam

BottomBracket
9th of February 2007 (Fri), 21:29
Actually Nikon lenses work well on some EOS bodies, if you don't mind MF.

As for ANS, she was a product of today's inquisitive society. I am sorry that she led a tragic, unhappy life; perhaps in death she shall find the peace she seeked for in life. I'm kinda tired of the coverage though, I won't be watching CNN for a while as they seem to be having an all day coverage of sorts.

motocrossnut34
9th of February 2007 (Fri), 21:44
Yes she is very pretty, yes it is sad that she died as it is with anyone that passes, but she is really the poster child for a "Dumb Blonde" that is for certain. Everytime she opened her mouth it made her look even dumber.

With the coverage that is going on with it almost makes me feel like I should be flying my flag at half mast....

Graphyfotoz
9th of February 2007 (Fri), 21:45
She wanted fame and fortune and She got it.
Now look how it all worked out!

Stress is a killer in more ways than one.
If she'd lived the simple life She HAD She would probably still be alive.
Like I said before She wanted to be like Marilin Monroe and She achived that.

I don't like to talk ill of the dead but She always seemed like a Glamor slut to me....just like MM was.
She seemed to be with enough Guys....for crimny sakes they are fighting over who's kid it is.....that tells ya something!
Least the Guys MM slept around with were also big celebs as well.

I agree with the previous.....just cuz your a celeb don't make em anymore important than us.
They still eat....sleep and drink like the rest of us.
Just cuz the have lotsa dinero don't make them any more important.
They want the stress of that life style and the $$$$$$ more power to em.
But money isn't everything and it doesn't buy true happiness!!!
Even tho She had tons of money She was still just as unhappy if not more.

Mike R
9th of February 2007 (Fri), 22:14
I feel bad for the baby but will be glad when the news media gets tired of talking about her.

Graphyfotoz
10th of February 2007 (Sat), 10:34
I feel bad for the baby but will be glad when the news media gets tired of talking about her.

AMEN!!!!

Jon, The Elder
10th of February 2007 (Sat), 11:39
One of those threads that would be better closed. ASAP.

3Honu
10th of February 2007 (Sat), 11:49
Close the thread if if violates the rules. Don't close it because you don't like someone's sense of humor.

JCR
10th of February 2007 (Sat), 12:54
It's just human nature, everyone fears death at some point in their lives (unless your insane), some all of their lives. For some joking is their way of easing that fear, others prefer to just not mention it.

Should show some respect for the dead, they can't defend themselves. But hey thats just my opinion ;)

chris clements
10th of February 2007 (Sat), 14:55
Why should her passing (whatever its cause/manner) change the regard in which most of the world held her?
It's hypocracy that the humour (admittedly very puerile) that surrounded her in life is felt to be beyond the pale now.

chris clements
10th of February 2007 (Sat), 15:04
Close the thread if if violates the rules. Don't close it because you don't like someone's sense of humor.

I note that the post reacting to mine has also been silently expunged from the record
Nice to know that the forum grants anonymity to killjoys ( bad choice of word maybe :) )

Longjohns
10th of February 2007 (Sat), 15:21
The camera sure loved her ...she was very photogenic.
I wouldn't have minded a photo shoot with her.