PDA

View Full Version : My first wedding post...

hawkfeather
10th of February 2007 (Sat), 21:11
Here are a few of my recent shots... Please C&C.... Thanks.

NickSimcheck
10th of February 2007 (Sat), 21:36
I really like the studio shot of the bride.

My only critique about #2 is that the children don't attract my attention as they should, I feel that the grass pulls the eye away from the subjects. Not really your fault, but I'd play with it and see if you can "focus" it on them a bit more.

PIXI_666
11th of February 2007 (Sun), 00:13
I really think the studio bride shot needs more DOF, maybe f2.8 just so her dress and the background isn't totally in focus....it would add a bit of character to the shot

Del

CyberPet
11th of February 2007 (Sun), 02:12
The studio shot is very nice, even if I'd brighten the left side of her face a bit, as it's too much in shadow for my personal taste. You could do a faux DOF with some layers in Photoshop that's gradually getting more and more blurry. I did that, just because I have no life... if you don't like it, I'll take it down. :D

http://the-halls.se/edited/fauxDOF.jpg

The second image didn't do anything for me. It's a cute shot of the kids, but I would have wanted it less tightly cropped.

lil_miss
11th of February 2007 (Sun), 02:40
Yeah i prefer Cyberpet's edit - the shadow on her face is a bit of a shame..

_Jo_
11th of February 2007 (Sun), 03:32
Lovely photos - cyberpet your ps techniques are fantastic!

motogeno
11th of February 2007 (Sun), 03:51
The second shot is blown out pretty badly. It's a nice capture but it's a little oof as well. You're off to a good start though. I definitely like the edit cyberpet.

tim
11th of February 2007 (Sun), 04:18
#1 is great, but i'd want the background to be more blurred out. Quite happy with the shadows as they are :)

jcpoulin
11th of February 2007 (Sun), 07:27
I prefer the original. The second loses the right eye and is there a complexion change...these may be just due to the posted size.

NickSimcheck
11th of February 2007 (Sun), 10:31
Quite happy with the shadows as they are :)

Yeah me too I don't know what all the fuss is about?

I guess it would be better if it was a weaker ratio or if no light hit the left side..

Eoseni
11th of February 2007 (Sun), 10:40
I like Cyberpet's blurrying, but not so much the brighter side of the face since it appears to accentuate a "cock-eyed" look that's less obvious in the original.

CyberPet
11th of February 2007 (Sun), 12:01
Well in my defence I have to say it's hard to edit a small image, if it were the original, it'd be a more subtle and carefully made edit, not just a few laps with the dodge tool (and it was the selective blurring that was the big deal here). :D

Salleke
11th of February 2007 (Sun), 12:10
Here are a few of my recent shots... Please C&C.... Thanks.

In your signature I see only one lens, a Sigma 28 - 300.
Did you take these pictures with this lens?
Did you make/take an entire wedding with this lens only?

The first one I like, the second is a little overexposed
and to distracting with the green grass.

Good luck.

hawkfeather
11th of February 2007 (Sun), 12:56
Yes, I took the entire wedding with the one lens. You have to start somewhere and That is where I started. I appreciate all of your feedback. It helps me a lot. I am getting a couple of more lenses, but I live in a poor area, so we do the best we can! LOL The people I shoot for are glad to have me. The alternative is way worse than me... and I'm being modest!!!

Eoseni
11th of February 2007 (Sun), 16:43
Well in my defence I have to say it's hard to edit a small image, if it were the original, it'd be a more subtle and carefully made edit, not just a few laps with the dodge tool (and it was the selective blurring that was the big deal here). :D

Petra, you did well. Wasn't so much your PS work as the effect of the brightening that "causes" that look. Hey, I saw your name in the "Thank you" section of Lightroom! Cool.

CyberPet
11th of February 2007 (Sun), 20:56
Hey, I saw your name in the "Thank you" section of Lightroom! Cool.

*thread hijack*

Yeah, I was really surprised my name was there - guess it was becuase I made a few posts on their forum. I can't wait for the final copy in the end of ths month!

*end of thread hijack*

mmahoney
12th of February 2007 (Mon), 08:14
Your shot with levels boosted and very slight selective blur: