PDA

View Full Version : Nixvue Digital Album II - Compatible CF Ultra II?

kreego
17th of March 2004 (Wed), 15:45
Greetings forum members!

I'm in the final planning stages of upgrading to a G5, and among the must-have accessories would appear to include portable storage for traveling.

The Nixvue Digital Album II looks like a good solution for my needs. I do wonder however if anyone has used SanDisk (or other) CF Ultra II cards successfully with this model?

Thanks!

K

Riccardo
18th of March 2004 (Thu), 02:28
I'm happy user of two SanDisk Ultra II 512 MB and an external reader USB2.0, with my G5.
Ciao
Riccardo

kreego
18th of March 2004 (Thu), 07:06
Thanks Riccardo! :D

Do you also use a Nixvue Digital Album II? I'm not sure, from your answer?

K

PeterS45
18th of March 2004 (Thu), 08:48
I don't know why it shouldn't be compatible. But if you want to know for sure just take your CF-cards with you when you're buying it and try it out.

kreego
18th of March 2004 (Thu), 09:32
Thanks Peter. In my case, I'm ordering both the Nixvue and the CF card from B&H, and sent to an address in the US. I live in France, will visit in the near future...

Wait! I know - I'll call B&H and ask :lol: I've heard they're a clean outfit. I've lived in France for 10 years now, I generally don't get on the phone to ask that kind of question here - not worth the time ;-)

K

Robert2415
18th of March 2004 (Thu), 09:42
Here is an old 2001 review, I image that their technology did not go backwards since then.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2001_reviews/nixvue.html

At the end of the review, it shows what type of card it takes.

Regards

PS, pricey little thing though, you must take a lot of pictures

kreego
18th of March 2004 (Thu), 12:35
Thanks Robert.

Yes, the unit costs a sizeable fraction of a G5, (379 USD for the 30G model at B&H) but with the generous French vacation allowances, I'm awa y from my PC quite frequently, often for a week or two weeks at a stretch. I know, nice problem to have. 8)

I appreciate the link - indeed there aren't many reviews on this newer model of the Digital Album. One assumes it can handle the most recent cards - the current firmware version dates from November, I believe.

K

Claytonian
19th of March 2004 (Fri), 08:55
The website for this product says it supports CF I and II. It doesn't say anything specifically about the Ultra card you are talking about but if it supports both I and II CF, you will almost definitely be OK. Plus it is a brand new product and I am sure they would make it compatible with newer, faster CF cards. Have fun with your toys and all that vacation! :)