PDA

View Full Version : Music for slideshows

david lee
15th of February 2007 (Thu), 19:26
Hi All
I was wondering if anyone can help with some advice about using music in the slide shows I am planning to show at receptions.

I was hoping to use just about any music i like to run alongside a slide show but I know that may be illegal.
Can anyone advise?

mizuno
15th of February 2007 (Thu), 20:20
It's just as illegal as if a musician wanted to use your photos to accompany his music without your knowledge or consent.

Rellik
15th of February 2007 (Thu), 21:59
You can buy some royalty free music that you can use in your slideshows. I think a few sites were mentioned here before. Try a search here for it.

david lee
16th of February 2007 (Fri), 04:05
Thanks guys I understand

RobKirkwood
16th of February 2007 (Fri), 11:28
In a parallel universe we're also musicians & multimedia producers, but I'm not convinced that music on a slideshow at a wedding reception is a good idea. There'll already be all sorts of other noise going on, possibly a disco or a band, and I think it's maybe too much to have yet more on a slideshow? ...plus if you do it legally, either by licensing or buying royalty-free, it's going to cost you more money that probably doesn't need to be spent?

Rob

johnlo
17th of February 2007 (Sat), 09:16
David,

I have been using stock royalty free music... and its great because no one can suit me. hahahah! anyway, check it out.

-------------------------

Stock20.com creates high quality music for media production. If you create a free account using my referral link, they will give you a $7 store credit (which will get you one free song).

Here's how:
Click this link, then create a free account (it takes about a minute):

http://www.stock20.com/gvr.php?rc=65xl2nv5896asd5v2x

You will get a gift certificate by e-mail for $7 of in-store credit.

-------------------------

johnlo

sageone
17th of February 2007 (Sat), 09:49
I would imagine that if you "own" the music, you should be able to play it as you see fit. The issue is sharing the copyrighted material. But as someone already pointed out, it might be tough to play the tunes over the crowd noise. I find it hard to believe that everyone would quiet down to view the photos...but if they were running in the background, it might make for a nice addition to the experience for the B&G as well as the attendees.

kona77
17th of February 2007 (Sat), 23:18
If you want really nice royalty free music I would recommend Digital Juice's Backtraxx. They have some of the big wedding hit music under different categories, ie. Pachelbal's Canon, etc. I own this set and it is great. It is selling right now for $399. But check back at their website because they run specials all the time. The music is very very good.

Click Here for direct link (http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/products.asp?pid=1&cid=1&tab=t3#tabs)

david lee
18th of February 2007 (Sun), 06:59
Thanks for the help on deciding about what to do.
I hadn't thought about the ambient noise until you brought it up and it makes sense.
It would be silly to think people would quieten down to listen to the audio on a slideshow....... Unless it was piped through the DJ's system of course.

I think I will go with visual only.
Thanks.

johnlo
18th of February 2007 (Sun), 10:08
It would be silly to think people would quieten down to listen to the audio on a slideshow....... Unless it was piped through the DJ's system of course.

I think I will go with visual only.
Thanks.

well if you pick the right music for the slideshow, it will make the show much more enjoyable. music are just the background..... thats why for the most part I only have songs that only contain music, no lycis at all.