PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Please

Chris71
19th of February 2007 (Mon), 22:45
Any comments on this design?

JaertX
19th of February 2007 (Mon), 22:50
looks like you're trying to sell real estate. or used cars.

I think it's the suit that is throwing me. Go with something more fun...but that's just my opinion.

Mark_Cohran
19th of February 2007 (Mon), 23:24
JaertX has a point. It does look more like a real estate agent's card. My business card has a photo of my work on it - not me. I want potential clients to look at my photography and remember my work, so I don't put a picture of myself on the card. I do, however, deal with people that go to Ren Faires and Pirate and hippy festivals, not your common run of the mill folks. The clients you're trying to reach may be different and might respond better to a card like this.

Mark

Chris71
20th of February 2007 (Tue), 07:24
Point taken.
Thanks for the comments guys, anyone else?

PhotosGuy
20th of February 2007 (Tue), 07:31
looks like you're trying to sell real estate. or used cars. :D My thought, too! I want potential clients to look at my photography and remember my work, I'd use my best shot of your primary target market.

Yanis
20th of February 2007 (Tue), 07:47
looks like you're trying to sell real estate. or used cars.

I think it's the suit that is throwing me. Go with something more fun...but that's just my opinion.

JaertX has a point. It does look more like a real estate agent's card. My business card has a photo of my work on it - not me. I want potential clients to look at my photography and remember my work, so I don't put a picture of myself on the card. I do, however, deal with people that go to Ren Faires and Pirate and hippy festivals, not your common run of the mill folks. The clients you're trying to reach may be different and might respond better to a card like this.

Mark

Ditto on Mark and Jaertx. No offense but first thing that popped in my head was a funeral home ad.:eek: Definitely loosen up a bit. Change the wardrobe and color combination.

Peace,
Yanis :D

avaloncm
20th of February 2007 (Tue), 08:37
First response took my words exactly - I initially thought real estate and I would not trust a real estate agent with my photography (of course our wedding photographer, who was awesome also sold real estate!)

Anyway, definitely go for more fun and friendliness.

Good luck!

Chris71
20th of February 2007 (Tue), 09:18
Maybe I should start selling real estate!........LOL :D

delhi
20th of February 2007 (Tue), 09:59
Real Estate jumps at me.

tomd
20th of February 2007 (Tue), 10:05
Besides the real estate comments: I thought the font used in the "C. Roy Photography" looks a little "jerky". Maybe you are going for a hand written look, but it doesn't come across as smooth.
just my 2 cents.
Tom