PDA

View Full Version : How old are you? c'mon! No lying you old fogey!

garethhhhh
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 01:53
I dont know if this has been asked before so here goes...

How old are you?

I think it would be really interesting to see how many of you are old farts / young whippersnappers / just going through a mid-life crisis. :lol:

I'll start it off.
I am 23 years old 8)

Ikinaa
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 02:04
I am 23 years old 8)

kids :lol:

I'm 34...

garethhhhh
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 02:07
I am 23 years old 8)

I'm 34...

Bet you wish you were 23 again! :lol:

Ikinaa
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 02:13
I am 23 years old 8)

I'm 34...

I'm not that old that I wish to be younger... :P perhaps when I'm over 40... but ...

shniks
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 05:43
Well, I'm 28, only just beginning to feel like I'm losing it!

IanD
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 06:19
I am 23 years old 8)

I'm 34...

I'm not that old that I wish to be younger... :P perhaps when I'm over 40... but ...
Yer all kiddies :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can remember the times when we had to use......what in the hell were we talking about :?: :?: :?:
52 going on 10.

Ikinaa
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 06:46
I am 23 years old 8)

I'm 34...

Yer all kiddies :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can remember the times when we had to use......what in the hell were we talking about :?: :?: :?:
52 going on 10.

Hey granpa, you're using shutter times under 1/2000, so your ducks won't be too blurred :twisted:

Mills
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 07:10
Just turned 39.

Scottes
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 07:34
39 going on 6.

If you don't want to grow old, then don't.

PacAce
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 07:41
52 going on 10.

Man, Ian, I didn't know you were that old! I'm only going on 5! :D

timmyquest
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 10:29
<- 18

eric1
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 12:17
i'm 38,and it aint the years, it's the mileage!

eric

CyberDyneSystems
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 12:43
I notice in your poll that once you are over 30 you become sort of second class... as only the younger ages are broken into groups of five.

So a 31 year old is roughly the same as a 40 year old in that poll....

Interesting... :wink:

///CDS Who is not too thrilled with the Idea of being so close to 40... :roll:

garethhhhh
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 12:49
I notice in your poll that once you are over 30 you become sort of second class... as only the younger ages are broken into groups of five.

I didn't want it to get too long :lol:
I was hoping that everyone would post their actual age anyway :)

Hey, you cant delay the inevitable :lol:

Tom W
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 12:57

We refer to it as "over the hill". You'll get used to it.

CoolToolGuy
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 13:09

Yea, just switch to a different numbering system. I'm 34 in hexadecimal. You can do the math. :wink:

Have Fun
Rick 8)

garethhhhh
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 13:15

Yea, just switch to a different numbering system. I'm 34 in hexadecimal. You can do the math. :wink:

Have Fun
Rick 8)

52 years young... no wonder you prefer hex :lol:

Canuck
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 13:24
Hmmm...25 isn't that bad is it? That makes me 25.

Tom W
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 13:37

Have Fun
Rick 8)

52 years young... no wonder you prefer hex :lol:

Well, if you must know (and if my math is right), I'm 101101 years old.

I'm also fond of saying that I've just passed my 24th anniversary of my 21st birthday. :)

Scottes
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 13:49
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who can understand binary, and those who can't.

garethhhhh
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 13:55
binary... you cant trust a counting system where 1 + 1 = 0 :lol:

CyberDyneSystems
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 14:13

I was hoping that everyone would post their actual age anyway :)

....somewhere between 31 and 40 :mrgreen:

Cadwell
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 14:25
:shock: Binary, Hex? Good grief! Real programmers do it in octal ;)

anyway, I'm ---r--r-x :lol:

Tom W
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 14:27
How about ILV? :)

Scottes
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 14:41

So you don't know yourself and can't do anything to yourself, but your significant other knows you, but ANYBODY can play with you?

Bad perms, man, bad perms.

Personaly, I'm rwxrwx--- with the sticky bit set. Man, I *love* the sticky bit.

Cadwell
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 14:49

So you don't know yourself and can't do anything to yourself, but your significant other knows you, but ANYBODY can play with you?

Bad perms, man, bad perms.

Who does know themselves? and doing things to yourself is imoral :P

As for the "anybody can play with me" bit... well I've gotta do something to pay off the credit card bill you know ;)

Personaly, I'm rwxrwx--- with the sticky bit set. Man, I *love* the sticky bit.

No set UID then? ;) I suppose it prevents impersonations :lol:

BTW .... 770 would make you 504 :P I think we'd need a new category in the poll.... ;) Still at least IanD will feel young :P

*edit* Oops I just notice the "other please explain" option... I guess you get to go in there!

Scottes
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 14:59
As for the "anybody can play with me" bit... well I've gotta do something to pay off the credit card bill you know ;)

ROFL

BTW .... 770 would make you 504

Sticky bit - 4770. :)

MediaMagic
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 15:03
I just hit the big 41 on March 1. So, I'm still a youngster in the grandpa category!

edit: as an aside, I hear that in regions of Canada that 3/1 is celebrated as "St. David's Day". My Canon-ization must have a corelation to the brand of equipment I bankrupt myself over.

IanD
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 15:11
52 going on 10.

Man, Ian, I didn't know you were that old! I'm only going on 5! :D
Leo,
I'm as old as dirt. Years of experience have done nothin for me :lol: :lol:

Laziferous
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 16:35
You guys are funny :mrgreen:

I'm 30, but I'll be 31 this summer. I don't know how it happened. I woke up one day, and I was just old. I don't even remember time passing. That's what fast living will do to you. I've got many a story that would no doubt make you all think very much less of me... so I'll keep those to myself. Those were the days eh? Nah... not knowing where you are when you wake up is overrated anyway :?

I'm with Scott though, being old is a choice... and one I'm not willing to make yet. I still skate, surf, and skimboard (and now snowboard). Bones take longer to heal now, but it's all good. It's worth it as long as I'm having fun. If you don't slam every now and again, you're just not pushing it hard enough... you may as well sit home in your "lazyboy". That's my philosiphy anyway :wink:

Mount_N_Dew
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 17:26

Young-Gun

8)

IanD
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 18:36
Two knee replacement surgeries, more broken bones than I can count, numerous deep lacerations, definately the hay is getting thinner on the North 40 but the way I look at it is that all that happened in the first 50 years. The next 50 got to be easier :lol: :lol: Now here in the hell did the wife hide the Centrium Silver :?: :?:

JZaun
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 19:01
As I checked the results after I voted,, I cried :(

I hate being the oldest,, i'm a kid at heart :D

I get S.S. in June :D

I waited a long time to get it :shock:

I'm 39 :D

JZaun

mttmrphy
29th of March 2004 (Mon), 20:24
29 now and for as long as I can get away with it.

EoSD30fReAk
31st of March 2004 (Wed), 09:34
25 and i'll be turning 26 in june

TechKnowBabble
31st of March 2004 (Wed), 14:06
I'm 35...but feeling very OLD the past few weeks :-(

Nikki

Tom W
31st of March 2004 (Wed), 14:38

Nikki

You're just a youngster. ;)

TechKnowBabble
31st of March 2004 (Wed), 14:45

Nikki

You're just a youngster. ;)

Thanks Tom. I am feeling very frustrated that I haven't just been able to pick up my 300D and just make it do exactly what I want, especially frustrated with playing and playing with Photoshop CS, but I guess in the long run it will make me better.

Back to the grind stone...

Nikki

Bruce Hamilton
31st of March 2004 (Wed), 15:16
I recently celebrated the twenty seventh anniversary of my twenty first birthday. :lol:

CoolToolGuy
31st of March 2004 (Wed), 15:33
Thanks Tom. I am feeling very frustrated that I haven't just been able to pick up my 300D and just make it do exactly what I want, especially frustrated with playing and playing with Photoshop CS, but I guess in the long run it will make me better.

Back to the grind stone...

Nikki

I was in photographic hibernation from about 1987 until spring 2003. Took snapshots as needed, and the occasional trip to the race track, but all with my old Canon FD gear that I knew like the back of my hand. I had a couple of digicams to do eBay stuff, but I didn't try to stretch very far with them.

Last spring I got a G3, because I could see that it would let me do photography. But in the beginning, I was so frustrated because of menus, options, buttons, etc. Most of the time it was "I know I can do it, but what buttons do I press to get there?" followed by a session that evening curled up with the manual. Eventually it got a little easier, then the Drebel came along and it started all over. Finally, I got a little more comfortable with digital, and it is getting easier now.

Hang in there. I find it difficult to wade through the book while "in the field", but if you can do it, that is the best way to learn. It is easier now that I am more comfortable with the camera, and I do carry the book in my big bag. There is a guy that sells laminated reference cards for most popular digital cameras, I have one for the Drebel. You can buy them on eBay, or from his Web site. Here's the link:
http://www.quickdatacards.com
They are two-sided, and a good reference, but with all the info that is required I found the text to be small and hard to read, and it is hard to find what you want if you don't already know where it is on the card. But they are not too expensive.

Hope this helps.

Have Fun
Rick 8)

shelbix2020
1st of April 2004 (Thu), 00:38
20 ... 21 in 4 months .... partaaaaaaay

tpinchback
1st of April 2004 (Thu), 10:13
21 and havin fun!

Belmondo
1st of April 2004 (Thu), 18:09
I won't bore you all with an autobiography. Besides, my photo experience isn't all that interesting, and the rest of my life is even less so. I'll be sixty two sometime this year (I don't write '62' because it makes me feel much older for some reason). The good news is, I'll be eligible for early Social Security and Medicare fairly soon.

There's one really good thing about being among the oldest of the old goats in the forum, and that is: I can always invoke the 'respect your elders' argument when things start going badly. And if I say something really stupid, I can always claim senile dementia.

Fact is, the one thing that keeps me from packing it all in and retiring to a wheelchair is my photography. It gets me out of the house and keeps my mind reasonably active**. My participation in this forum is the more or less the focal point of that interest and activity. At the risk of sounding maudlin, some of you people have attained ‘dear friend’ status, and we’ve never even met. How nutty is that?

(**Note: it’s not just my knees that don’t work as well as they used to.)

Anyway, I’m thoroughly enjoying life as an ‘old fart’, and I really don’t wish I was any younger, especially if it meant having to go back to repeat any of the more stressful years of my life.

Thos.

JZaun
1st of April 2004 (Thu), 18:52
belmondo Said

Anyway, I’m thoroughly enjoying life as an ‘old fart’, and I really don’t wish I was any younger, especially if it meant having to go back to repeat any of the more stressful years of my life

Here here,, I second that :D

JZaun

KO_300D
1st of April 2004 (Thu), 20:45
I'm 30, but I'll be 31 this summer. I woke up one day, and I was just old

Hehe I'm sure those over 31 will LOVE that one :wink:

Little me is just 23 years young.

I took my first step towards adulthood yesterday - I sold my radio controlled car 8)

shelbix2020
1st of April 2004 (Thu), 23:31
I'm 30, but I'll be 31 this summer. I woke up one day, and I was just oldI took my first step towards adulthood yesterday - I sold my radio controlled car 8)

ah you suck!!! lol you are officialy old..

hehejk .... I dont even have an RC car :(

Ikinaa
2nd of April 2004 (Fri), 00:38

I took my first step towards adulthood yesterday - I sold my radio controlled car 8)

So you're a teenager if you've got a RC-car...

Great... My friends bought me one for my 32nd birthday two years ago and I'm still driving it whenever I can...

It means I'm younger that the number and still younger than I feel :lol:

Laziferous
2nd of April 2004 (Fri), 04:54

I must be really old then... I sold my RC cars when I was 20. I had an RC10, a Kyosho Ultima, and a Kyosho Double Dare. I miss them all. I've been thinking of getting a gas car for a while... maybe an Optima.

Whoops... off topic. My bad CDS :wink:

CoolToolGuy
2nd of April 2004 (Fri), 06:54

Great... My friends bought me one for my 32nd birthday two years ago and I'm still driving it whenever I can...

Well I'm older than 32 in hexadecimal, and I have a big load of 1/24 slot car stuff that was bought in the '90s, during the resurgence of the slot car boom. It fizzled out around here, but I would go again in a heartbeat if a track opened up in the area.

Maybe I can count my age in Light Years... :roll:

Have Fun
Rick 8)

Longwatcher
2nd of April 2004 (Fri), 18:19
Lets see now,
about 560 moons

which if I remember is about 43 winters

however, I still claim 21 as my emotional age only because I occasionally like wine otherwise 15 always seems about right.

For those over 35 just keep repeating to yourself, "I am only as old as I feel"
and when some one asks how old you are just tell them that you are of above-average age.

thomascanty
3rd of April 2004 (Sat), 04:08
I turned an even 40 last November. It's all downhill from here, right? :)

pradeep1
5th of April 2004 (Mon), 17:34
Lot's of old farts getting older. Some young farts joining in the brouhaha.

where1
5th of April 2004 (Mon), 19:24
I've been drinking legally for over 31 years. That's where the time went.
But finally I owe more on my camera than I do on my house :)

shelbix2020
6th of April 2004 (Tue), 05:39
exactly 4 months and 1 day Ill be hittin the streets of LV ... again :lol:

every day is such a thrill to me 8) everyday ... 1 day closer to drinkin [in public] with my friends :twisted:

Belmondo
6th of April 2004 (Tue), 09:33
exactly 4 months and 1 day Ill be hittin the streets of LV ... again :lol:

every day is such a thrill to me 8) everyday ... 1 day closer to drinkin [in public] with my friends :twisted:

Why wait? You might as well start screwing up your life now! :wink:
When I was your age, we'd find a wino and bribe him to buy our booze. To heck with that legal age business.

Actually, buddies are not over-rated; drinking with buddies is. If you need to get drunk to have a good time with your friends, you probably need new friends.

Maybe you should hang out with other photographers. They never have any money for liquor. :?: :wink:

Tom (the voice of experience)

Scottes
6th of April 2004 (Tue), 09:51
Maybe you should hang out with other photographers. They never have any money for liquor.

Yeah, we get potted on old Ramen noodles left out to ferment.

Why waste money on liquor when there's unpurchased L in the world?

skibby
18th of April 2004 (Sun), 20:11
I'm 11 :( there should be a 11-15 option lolol

ilya
18th of April 2004 (Sun), 20:49
i'm 35. during past week i added some 20 years to my life - quit smoking. seriously, i don't know what i was thinking. everything is easier now - instead of running 3 winded miles every other day, i can easily do 5+ miles every day (except the damn dog gets tired out). I have more energy, and my mind feels clearer. life is good. highly recommend kicking that habit, or any one bad habit that you have. Its actually easier then you think.

Belmondo
18th of April 2004 (Sun), 20:53
i'm 35. during past week i added some 20 years to my life - quit smoking. seriously, i don't know what i was thinking. everything is easier now - instead of running 3 winded miles every other day, i can easily do 5+ miles every day (except the damn dog gets tired out). I have more energy, and my mind feels clearer. life is good. highly recommend kicking that habit, or any one bad habit that you have. Its actually easier then you think.

Congratulations. I quit around 30 years ago. Now, I'm struggling with my weight. I started my diet in January and have lost almost 45 lbs. Understand, I'm still much heavier than I should be, and running will never be an option, but there are some very positive benefits to being that much lighter.

Josh
18th of April 2004 (Sun), 21:18
<---- 18

wow I am young compared to most everyone else!!

BigRed450
19th of April 2004 (Mon), 07:18
44 this year...... Where has time gone??

Belmondo
19th of April 2004 (Mon), 07:47
I'm not sure what all this means, but looking at the poll results, it's apparent I won't be taking pictures in 8 years. :?: :?:

I'm 62. :cry:

PacAce
19th of April 2004 (Mon), 07:54
I'm not sure what all this means, but looking at the poll results, it's apparent I won't be taking pictures in 8 years. :?: :?:

Actually, I think what that means is that in 8 years you'll be one of the first if not the first to be taking pictures in your age category! :D

Belmondo
19th of April 2004 (Mon), 08:08

Actually, I think what that means is that in 8 years you'll be one of the first if not the first to be taking pictures in your age category! :D

Thanks, Leo, but I'm perfectly willing to wait for that particular distinction. Excuse me now while I try to get my knees to bend. :? :wink:

PacAce
19th of April 2004 (Mon), 08:12

Well I'm older than 32 in hexadecimal, and I have a big load of 1/24 slot car stuff that was bought in the '90s, during the resurgence of the slot car boom. It fizzled out around here, but I would go again in a heartbeat if a track opened up in the area.

Maybe I can count my age in Light Years... :roll:

Have Fun
Rick 8)

1/24 scale slot cars?!?!?! Man, that brings back memories. Used to build them and race them in high school in the late 60's during the first boom. Got my first RC when my son was born in the late 70's and I still have it someplace in the basement. Does that mean I'm still a teenager? Am I a young lad stuck in an old man's body? ??? :D :lol:

When I was a kid, I could lay on my back and kick my legs out and end up in an upright standing position. Learned it watching pro wrestling when I was young and didn't know any better :?. One day I discovered that I couldn't do it anymore. I must tried like a couple of times until I head hurting from jarring it so much. And that's when it dawned on me that I had become old! :(

Belmondo
19th of April 2004 (Mon), 08:22
Ahhh, slot cars. I remember the first slot cars I ever saw---it would have been in the late 50s, maybe 1958 or so. I used to hang out in a local hobby shop in Los Angeles. The owner and his wife went on vaction to England, and came back with a set of cars from a company called Scalextric (or something similar).

My recollection was that the cars weren't particularly fast, were fragile, and as a hobby, I was absolutely convinced it would never catch on. Little did I know.

drisley
19th of April 2004 (Mon), 08:50
125 in duck years.

CoolToolGuy
19th of April 2004 (Mon), 09:57
Ahhh, slot cars. I remember the first slot cars I ever saw---it would have been in the late 50s, maybe 1958 or so. I used to hang out in a local hobby shop in Los Angeles. The owner and his wife went on vaction to England, and came back with a set of cars from a company called Scalextric (or something similar).

My recollection was that the cars weren't particularly fast, were fragile, and as a hobby, I was absolutely convinced it would never catch on. Little did I know.

Well, Scalextric are still around, still producing slot cars (or at least someone is making them with that name). And they are still not the fastest, but there is a following.

It has been about 7 or 8 years since I raced them, but you would not believe what has happened to 1/24 slot cars. Cars in the top class go a real 45 MPH, and that is so fast it is hard to follow them. They use inverted wing shapes for the bodies to generate down force, and at the time (1995 or so) there was one place (I believe it was in Germany) that had part of the track inverted (a loop with an upside-down straightaway), and the cars generated enough down force that they could run on it. :shock:

http://www.parmapse.com/links.asp

The link above is a links page from one of the manufacturers.

In addition to the really fast cars, there are slower wing car classes as well as more traditional-looking cars. There are several classes for NASCAR cars, and endurance cars (LeMans types), and on and on.

It caught on in the early '90s, and there was a surge of new tracks (stores). At one point there were 4 tracks in the Baltimore area alone. They started to die around '95 or '96, and now there are none left around me. But I understand there has always been interest in Pennsylvania (just North of me) and other parts of the country. :(

http://www.radtrax.com/worldrace.htm

Geez, I got started and its hard to stop. I found this link with track locations. I don't know how current it is.

Like I said, if you have the chance to go to a track during a race (call them for their schedule), you will not believe your eyes. :shock:

KO_300D
19th of April 2004 (Mon), 13:18
Man you lot are making me wish I still had my car now :(

This is the exact car;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3182352426

What a beauty.

Excuse me for a while... I need some time on my own :cry: :cry: :cry:

arogop
19th of April 2004 (Mon), 15:03

Matixvolta
20th of April 2004 (Tue), 04:51
I'm 17 and 8 months. Am i the youngest here?

daaaveman
20th of April 2004 (Tue), 11:39
I'll be 38 this week. When asked, I utilize a bad joke.......I'm 38 but I have the body of an 18 year old............in my freezer!

Belmondo
20th of April 2004 (Tue), 12:39

You might just be the youngest that's responded to this thread, but elsewhere in the forum there's someone claiming to be an 11-year old, but he's apparently only 9 and lying about his age (probably so he can buy beer). What's the world coming to? :lol:

Tom

clorich
20th of April 2004 (Tue), 22:30
26 - And something tells me the fun is about to start. That says a lot considering my last 4 years.

mookiemeister
21st of April 2004 (Wed), 00:00
I just turned 35 a week ago or so.

skibby
21st of April 2004 (Wed), 00:14

You might just be the youngest that's responded to this thread, but elsewhere in the forum there's someone claiming to be an 11-year old, but he's apparently only 9 and lying about his age (probably so he can buy beer). What's the world coming to? :lol:

Tom

when did 11 year old kids be able to buy beer :roll: :P

Josh
21st of April 2004 (Wed), 00:33

Tom

when did 11 year old kids be able to buy beer :roll: :P

If an 11 year old can buy beer...I have been missing out for a long time...I am 18 and still cant buy it (at most stores)lol

Costa
21st of April 2004 (Wed), 21:21
I'll be 44 in a couple of weeks. For those of you worried about turning forty, you'll be releived to know that the long, slippery slope started when you hit 20!

Cheers,

Costa

rollie
22nd of April 2004 (Thu), 10:20
Roosevelt was president!! That's the only clue you get! :lol:

Belmondo
22nd of April 2004 (Thu), 10:32

Teddy or Franklin? :lol:

PacAce
22nd of April 2004 (Thu), 11:38

Teddy or Franklin? :lol:

Thanks, Tom. I was going to ask the same question myself. :lol:

XXWoodmanXX
23rd of April 2004 (Fri), 07:40
Fitting that I post

29....as of today! :)

PacAce
23rd of April 2004 (Fri), 13:34
Fitting that I post

29....as of today! :)

Happy birthday, Roy! :)

BTW, you've got some pretty neat shots in your gallery!

Ballen Photo
23rd of April 2004 (Fri), 14:25
Not sure I want to admit this, but.......53 this coming August. :shock:
.........Bruce

Andy_T
2nd of May 2004 (Sun), 15:18
Similar, but the other way round ... 35 coming August

Best regards,
Andy

PS: My son was born last year in March. To celebrate that and prepare myself, I got myself a 1/160 slotcar racing set on eBay the Christmas before ... incredibly enough, my wife let me get away with it - obviously thinking that a 1-year-old will certainly play with slotcars :lol:

Mills
2nd of May 2004 (Sun), 21:42
39. I memory serves me correctly.

r2d2
3rd of May 2004 (Mon), 13:48
I will be 1/4 of a century in a few months.

BTW- What is a slot car? :lol: :lol: :lol:

CoolToolGuy
3rd of May 2004 (Mon), 15:15
I will be 1/4 of a century in a few months.

And since we are waiting for a reply on that one, what is a 1/160 slot car? I have heard of 1/24, 1/32, and HO, but never 1/160.

WebErika
3rd of May 2004 (Mon), 15:39
I'll be 33 this August :D

MT
3rd of May 2004 (Mon), 16:31
of course when you get old - everything reminds you of a story.

Read or ignore at your pleasure.

Way back when I was 29, I'd been divorced from my first wife for a about a year and was dating a woman (now my wife) that was 36. We happened to stumble onto a mutal friend of my ex and I, and when he caught me alone for a moment, said that the ex said I was dating 18 yrs olds - evidently 2 of them.

Lamplight
4th of May 2004 (Tue), 12:02
When I was born, Elvis was dead but John Lennon wasn't. :D I'm a quarter century old. :p

DocFrankenstein
4th of May 2004 (Tue), 21:20
I rule. I'm 18 :shock:

DocFrankenstein
4th of May 2004 (Tue), 21:21
Way back when I was 29, I'd been divorced from my first wife for a about a year and was dating a woman (now my wife) that was 36. We happened to stumble onto a mutal friend of my ex and I, and when he caught me alone for a moment, said that the ex said I was dating 18 yrs olds - evidently 2 of them.
ROFLMAO :lol:

vvizard
5th of May 2004 (Wed), 11:19

Should that make you 045 years old, or the (int)37 variant of it? =P

If you take this binary value stored in a 16-bit integer, and convert it to decimal, you will get my age. Real programmers test for bytesex ;) And to give a clue to the people getting a "fairly" high result, try googling for the NUXI problem to get a hint ;)
00010100 00000000

Andy_T
6th of May 2004 (Thu), 09:02

And since we are waiting for a reply on that one, what is a 1/160 slot car? I have heard of 1/24, 1/32, and HO, but never 1/160.

Actually, it's not a 1/160 :oops: slotcar at all. That would be pretty tiny.

It's a 1/60 (so it's smaller than the other ones. also cheaper). A new series of slotcars from the German manufacturer Carrera, that's intended to bring younger target customers back to slot car racing. You can even connect it to a Nintendo gameboy and race against a computer opponent.

OK, and these are slotcars:

http://www.carrera-toys.de/typo3temp/ce94cb3455.jpg

Here you can read more about them: http://www.carrera-toys.de/index.php?id=1&L=1

Best regards,
Andy

Ikinaa
6th of May 2004 (Thu), 09:17

It's a 1/60 (so it's smaller than the other ones. also cheaper). A new series of slotcars from the German manufacturer Carrera, that's intended to bring younger target customers back to slot car racing. You can even connect it to a Nintendo gameboy and race against a computer opponent.

Here you can read more about them: http://www.carrera-toys.de/index.php?id=1&L=1

Best regards,
Andy

That's what I bought (standard carrera) for christmas for my 2 kids (5 years and 6 months)
Ok... it was for me ... (I'm 34)...

CoolToolGuy
6th of May 2004 (Thu), 10:48

Best regards,
Andy

Cool, I might have to check them out - No, maybe not - another money drainer, and I might be a bachelor again. :oops:

cmM
6th of May 2004 (Thu), 22:24
I'll chip in to this post, if I may..... reveal my youthness :P
I'm 20.
It's amazing how much of an age difference there is among members of this forum... Barely noticeable though; when it comes to photography, we're all like kids in a candy store :P
Of course, the elderly know their way around infinitely better than others like me, but...that's why I'm here.

vvizard
7th of May 2004 (Fri), 21:41

Should that make you 045 years old, or the (int)37 variant of it? =P

If you take this binary value stored in a 16-bit integer, and convert it to decimal, you will get my age. Real programmers test for bytesex ;) And to give a clue to the people getting a "fairly" high result, try googling for the NUXI problem to get a hint ;)
00010100 00000000

Nobody cared to solve it yet? :( The solution is: Swap the first 8 bits with the last. That gives you eight zero-bits in the most significant position (which can be discarded), while the eight bits in the least significant position gives you the answer (and age) of 20. It's called Big Endian / Little Endian, and different computer-systems use different Endians. That's how the "NUXI problem" can appear. It's where "XINU" (or UNIX backwards) becomes "NUXI" as the the two first bytes in the word, are swapped around with the two last.. Sometimes people accuse me wrongly of beeing a geek :( :lol:

Brianbar
7th of May 2004 (Fri), 22:35
I am 63, using a 10D and G3 and a few more.
Been into phtotgraphy before some of you were even born.

Brian

Belmondo
7th of May 2004 (Fri), 22:43
I am 63, using a 10D and G3 and a few more.
Been into phtotgraphy before some of you were even born.

Brian

Hey, you're a lot older than I am. One whole year. I'm really thinking us old guys should stick together and if nothing else, console each other about the rickety knees and loss of short-term memory.

Ballen Photo
8th of May 2004 (Sat), 01:08
I'm really thinking us old guys should stick together and if nothing else, console each other about the rickety knees and loss of short-term memory.

I agree 100% with you, now what was it again that you were saying? :shock:
........Bruce

CoolToolGuy
8th of May 2004 (Sat), 07:17
Gingko Biloba is supposed to be good for reducing the number of 'Senior Moments' - trouble is, you have to remember to take it. :roll:

boomer1959
8th of May 2004 (Sat), 23:36
I'm a very young 44 :D

robertwgross
13th of May 2004 (Thu), 15:27
I'm not allowed to admit my age, but I can admit that I was one of the young Republicans for Nixon until I got my draft notice.

You do the math.

---Bob Gross---

kreego
14th of May 2004 (Fri), 16:52
38. Photography is not symptomatic of my midlife crisis - bicycle racing is. Actually the latter is kind of an existential, long-term thing. Photography helps me communicate, which is good.

K

devilwoman
18th of May 2004 (Tue), 10:40
Lets see 1962...that would make me...72,82,92, oh yeah 41, will be 42 this August. *whosh, that was tough.

jimg
20th of May 2004 (Thu), 12:03
:roll: but then again it is better then the alternative, 64
Will you still went me when im 64 ?