PDA

View Full Version : SD1000...does the display show battery level?

matt1134
25th of March 2007 (Sun), 00:50
Hello,
I'm thinking about getting a SD1000 but I want to know if it shows the battery level on the display. I had an SD550 (lost it) and I really liked it but I never knew how much power I had left in the battery. That can be a real pain. It's actually a deal breaker for me. If you have a SD1000 can you please check and let me know.

Thanks

Jon
25th of March 2007 (Sun), 10:57
IIRC battery level only shows up on any of the P&S models when it's getting low.

JustShootin'
25th of March 2007 (Sun), 11:06
IIRC battery level only shows up on any of the P&S models when it's getting low.

Yeah, and in the case of my S2, when I get the warning, I better have some batteries with me, because the warning means VERY SOON!

timsdd
25th of July 2008 (Fri), 10:36
:oops: Sorry for the bump, I was looking for info on this model and came across this.

That is maddening that it does not tell you the battery level until about 1 min before it shuts off!

I have a spare battery but still, it can be frustrating unless you change out the batteries after nearly every use.

This I do know, the battery lasts for 2 hours if you use the time-lapse video setting.

Which leads me to my next question...I wonder if anyone makes a DC power pack for this instead of using the batteries :confused: