24th of April 2004 (Sat), 19:34
Any cricket lovers out there, check out the new Aussie Cricket Forum:

www.aussiecricket.net

Zeke
25th of April 2004 (Sun), 22:09
Are there no cricket fans on here??? :shock:

IndyJeff
25th of April 2004 (Sun), 22:26
I like fishing with crickets. I have great results when using them.

Zeke
25th of April 2004 (Sun), 23:25
I like fishing with crickets. I have great results when using them.

Ahhh... Ok. Whatever floats your boat!

IndyJeff
26th of April 2004 (Mon), 00:52
Actually it is not from a boat. It is drift fishing.

shelbix2020
26th of April 2004 (Mon), 01:04
I love crickets ... especially when they make those chirpping sounds at 4am, I love it!

Zeke
26th of April 2004 (Mon), 06:33
You guys are comedy gold!

Scottes
26th of April 2004 (Mon), 06:44
You want comedy? Just start talking about ducks, geese, animal butts, or Kraft Dinner and you'll get some comedy!

ssim
26th of April 2004 (Mon), 07:01
When I was India last fall that's all that was on their sports channel. Cricket Cricket Cricket.... It's too hard to understand. :oops:

How can you have a game that can last days. How much beer money does one have to take for that. :P :P

IndyJeff
26th of April 2004 (Mon), 08:04
You want comedy? Just start talking about ducks, geese, animal butts, or Kraft Dinner and you'll get some comedy!

There was this cricket see, it was being chased around by this duck in a parking lot. Then all of a sudden these geese came flying down and started kicking this ducks butt all over the place. Well, they wounded the duck so bad it died. I took it home and had a nice dinner of roast duck and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, straight from the box.

Moral to this story...if your a duck chasing a cricket, beware of a goose or two as it could lead to accompaning a Kraft Dinner in a meal.

Chirp, Chirp
Quack, Quack
Honk, Honk
Burp, Burp

PacAce
26th of April 2004 (Mon), 10:22
How can you have a game that can last days. How much beer money does one have to take for that. :P :P

Well, I guess that explains why there are no cricket fans over here. I'd rather be taking pictures than sitting and watching a game that, I assume, is going to be continued the next day or so. Heck, I can't even stand the TV programs that end with "...to be continued". :D

neil_r
26th of April 2004 (Mon), 11:25
Not only does it last for days, but here in England we regard a draw as a good result !!

But didn't you just love the Rugby Word Cup.

Unlike the World Series were the rest of the world don't get to play :D :D :D

Duck

N

stopbath
26th of April 2004 (Mon), 12:04
By Jimmeny, there' a game for ya!

Don't get many Cricket matches on the telly here in Canada. Get some good Curling, and Lacross though. Perhaps you've heard of Hockey? Got those games here too. It's played like a cross between Curling and Lacross... :)

PacAce
26th of April 2004 (Mon), 14:38

Don't get many Cricket matches on the telly here in Canada. Get some good Curling, and Lacross though. Perhaps you've heard of Hockey? Got those games here too. It's played like a cross between Curling and Lacross... :)

Isn't there a part there that also includes something like tag wrestling? And baseball where the opponents head if the baseball and the the stick is the bat? :lol:

stopbath
27th of April 2004 (Tue), 07:55

Isn't there a part there that also includes something like tag wrestling? And baseball where the opponents head if the baseball and the the stick is the bat? :lol:

And also hints of a demolition derby but without the cars.

Cadwell
27th of April 2004 (Tue), 08:18

Pah! Hockey? Girl's game! (even the ice variety). :P :P

You should try Shinty (Scots) or Hurling (Irish) - they're more or less the same :?: sport :?: . Bascially open warfare with sticks. :twisted:

http://shinty.com/history.htm

;)

IanD
27th of April 2004 (Tue), 17:29

Pah! Hockey? Girl's game! (even the ice variety). :P :P

You should try Shinty (Scots) or Hurling (Irish) - they're more or less the same :?: sport :?: . Bascially open warfare with sticks. :twisted:

http://shinty.com/history.htm

;)
In my younger and stupider days I used to hurl a lot. Espically on Friday nights after too many rounds of Molson Golden. Never considered it a sport mind you.
During those same days I had a prof by the name of Mr. Briggs. A confirmed cricket nut. He took the time to try and teach us the finer points of the game. Damn that ball was hard. It was embarrassing to watch our feeble attempts but I learned that it is a hell of a lot harder to play than one imagines. Just delivering the ball without causing bodily harm to the batter was a great accomplishment for us. :lol:

PacAce
27th of April 2004 (Tue), 17:47
In my younger and stupider days I used to hurl a lot. Espically on Friday nights after too many rounds of Molson Golden. Never considered it a sport mind you.

You used to hurl empty Molson Golden bottles? At whom? Innocent bypassers? I certainly hope you didn't consider that a sport! :shock:

:mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

IanD
27th of April 2004 (Tue), 17:52

You used to hurl empty Molson Golden bottles? At whom? Innocent bypassers? I certainly hope you didn't consider that a sport! :shock:

:mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
Leo,
Most nights I had a difficult time seeing let alone trying to physically do something. The misspent days of youth. :lol: :lol: