PDA

View Full Version : Father of the Bride

Grace
22nd of April 2007 (Sun), 12:38
I was about to take a pic and when I realized nobody was looking at me,
a quick look to the right, a look to the left and just who do I see?
A nikon shooter stealing a shot from me! :lol:

No, I don't care if other people take pics, but I would like to be done with mine first ;)

MagicallyDelicious
22nd of April 2007 (Sun), 12:39
haha...you should have give him a sly kick in the shin!

show him who's boss!

CyberPet
22nd of April 2007 (Sun), 13:11
I was shooting some portraits in the church of the bride and groom when I heard a sound over my shoulder "CACHUNK!" it was a Nikon shooter trying to steal my pose..... but I saw the shot later on a swedish photo forum, and he wasn't even close to as good as I am *tooting my own horn* .

So I'm not too worried about them Uncle Bob's as long as they aren't getting in front of my lens.

TimSewell
22nd of April 2007 (Sun), 13:57
I suppose at least he's using the viewfinder.

davidgr
22nd of April 2007 (Sun), 15:02
Well, at least when your shot doesn't turn out because people were looking at him instead of you, you can point to that pic and say, "it's all his fault!" :D

takeyourpic
23rd of April 2007 (Mon), 10:38
I think that Kathy is on to something here. Perhaps every wedding we should all take at least one shot of "Uncle Bob" while you are shooting your shots so that you have proof as to why their shots have wandering eyes. :)
I usually just tell anybody that as soon as I am done they can take as many pictures of the group as they would like. What they fail to realize is that the group is not going to want to cooperate with them at that point because they have other things to do.

Grace
23rd of April 2007 (Mon), 10:46
I just wanna say again, it doesn't really bother me - people are going to sneak up and get shots regardless so you might as well not get mad about it---- and I specifically told him I was taking his pic to send to canon forum- he laughed. It is a little irritating but I don't want anyone thinking it really bugs me.

As far as everyone taking a pic of the "Uncle Bob" I think thats a great idea! Even better if you can shoot him with a telephoto lens and they don't know it!!

B. A. Sluss
23rd of April 2007 (Mon), 20:51
I did a wedding on Saturday and a family member was shooting behind me and she was kind enough to wait till I got the shot. But she got to be annoying, it was taking so long to fucus her old film P&S camera. I kindly allowed her to get her shot before I reposed the group but it got to the point were she was starting to waste my time as this couple did not leave enough time between the wedding and the reception (less than 30 minutes), so I think she got a little ***** off when I kept walking into her shot to repose.

cdifoto
23rd of April 2007 (Mon), 20:53
Similar story:

I took a photo of the fat guest as she got in my way during the garter toss. That way I not only had a failed shot of the toss, I had evidence as to why the shot was failed.

tim
23rd of April 2007 (Mon), 21:19
You have to control the crowd so they don't spoil your shots. At a wedding you should always be paying attention to your surroundings :)

jptsr1
23rd of April 2007 (Mon), 21:29
I was about to take a pic and when I realized nobody was looking at me,
a quick look to the right, a look to the left and just who do I see?
A nikon shooter stealing a shot from me! :lol:

No, I don't care if other people take pics, but I would like to be done with mine first ;)

Nice! was he the one paying? if your there on his dime maybe you should let him snap as many shots as he wants?

J.

cdifoto
23rd of April 2007 (Mon), 22:01
You have to control the crowd so they don't spoil your shots. At a wedding you should always be paying attention to your surroundings :)

Good luck controlling someone that has perfect timing on jumping in front of ya.

Maureen Souza
24th of April 2007 (Tue), 02:39
Aye yie yie.........here we go again:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Haven't we beaten this dead horse a few times before?

tim
24th of April 2007 (Tue), 03:21
Good luck controlling someone that has perfect timing on jumping in front of ya.

Yeah well, within reason, not much you can do sometimes.

cdifoto
24th of April 2007 (Tue), 08:06
Yeah well, within reason, not much you can do sometimes.

No doubt. In my mind I had to commend her for her timing, but I also scowled a little to myself at the same time. :rolleyes: :)

Sorry for the highjack Kay.Pee! :(

mckay photography
27th of April 2007 (Fri), 08:05
At a recent wedding i had a number of good shots ruined by the father of bride being in the shots....or taking the space i wanted. Cant people just relax and be part of the celebration?! Put the camera down, live the moment through your own eyes....

Maureen Souza
27th of April 2007 (Fri), 08:10
At a recent wedding i had a number of good shots ruined by the father of bride being in the shots....or taking the space i wanted. Cant people just relax and be part of the celebration?! Put the camera down, live the moment through your own eyes....
But what will you be left with the next week?

My niece lost all her wedding and baby photos in a robbery and was devastated. When I found out, I went to the photos I took at her wedding, printed them out and sent them to her. She was beyond grateful. And that was when I was a spectator and not the photographer at weddings.

mckay photography
27th of April 2007 (Fri), 09:06
Well, true....but 99% of the time I dont get burgled.... Or I back my files up.

The point is that if I have an over-zealous photographer in my shots or elbowing me out of the way I'm going to get pissed off. I get paid to get great photos - i wont tolerate anyone getting in my way of a good shot