PDA

View Full Version : First HDR attempt- Content may disturb

weka2000
15th of May 2007 (Tue), 03:18
Part of my walks I found this old pit. Decided to HDR just to see how it would come out

C&C welcome

akiwi
15th of May 2007 (Tue), 03:26
I like the first one.

Frame it and hang it on your wall in the bedroom :D

tim
15th of May 2007 (Tue), 03:27
My eye wanders around the image looking for a focal point, doesn't find one, then wanders off elsewhere. I also see no need for an HDR with this scene. I think you need to think harder before taking photos - like you were saying in that other thread.

weka2000
15th of May 2007 (Tue), 03:33
My eye wanders around the image looking for a focal point, doesn't find one, then wanders off elsewhere. I also see no need for an HDR with this scene. I think you need to think harder before taking photos - like you were saying in that other thread.

Yep i agree. HDR is not my cuppa but you have to try these things.

weka2000
15th of May 2007 (Tue), 03:35
Does this have more of an impact? Just not finding my vision still :(

Mark Vuleta
15th of May 2007 (Tue), 03:39
Thats much better, looks like it could be the cover of a horror story book

Mark

Wazza
15th of May 2007 (Tue), 03:46
I think the HDR came out as it would with a normal exposure. Even. :)
Try some additional contrast. Looks good anyway.
HDR is best when there's several stops of different exposures throughout an image, such as dark foreground, and bright sky.

The latest edit is cool!

kelstar
15th of May 2007 (Tue), 03:56
The black and white version provides a much better focal point for the image.

tim
15th of May 2007 (Tue), 04:15

No matter what you do to it it's still a photo of nothing in particular, IMHO nothing of interest.

weka2000
15th of May 2007 (Tue), 04:24
No matter what you do to it it's still a photo of nothing in particular, IMHO nothing of interest.

So what do you recommend. Im so dam frustrated at shooting crap. 10 days of rubbish. Im better than these snap shots.

Oh Tim thanks for been honest with the photos.

momentz
15th of May 2007 (Tue), 04:44
Tony, those images are not high dynamic range, in fact they have quite a low dynamic range.

Geodar
15th of May 2007 (Tue), 05:09
I prefer the b/w image, seems more to it, I have seen a few HD images and must admit on what i've seen, not a fan, they looked as if they were over contrasted/sharpend. Maybe they were, but not seen a good one yet.
Geoff

S-S
15th of May 2007 (Tue), 05:15

ok thats great, looks very effective, makes it look like like a single skeleton almost

kenyc
15th of May 2007 (Tue), 07:57
I think I prefer the B&W, but really intrigues me about this is what IS this? Why are all these bones here?

:)
KAC

willy b
15th of May 2007 (Tue), 14:43
Black and white one is much better,i really like it!

wendyc
15th of May 2007 (Tue), 15:40
Awesome with the black and white!