PDA

View Full Version : The first POTN Guess or Know Quiz

condyk
13th of June 2007 (Wed), 15:09
Ok y'all, that's goin' outta all members and all sad peepers too lazy to join, but who do so just to do this new fun quiz, listen up to da word.

It's new and it's fun and it's a quiz with a purpose. Live through this.

Every Tom, Dick and a**hole can get involved. Today only there are no barriers to enter my 'sick world of perception boggling bumness' (c).

No matter if youz brain or brawn, dumb or runty, chav or toff, handsome or pretty, pretty handsome, pretty ugly or just plain damned ugly (most a ya!) come on in. Black, white and grey iz equal under my sun!

You can try it with a click ... and youz there.

Do it NOW and you a member of this elite force and fit ta serve ya country ... cheese-burgers :confused:

Anyway, enough seduction for now ... here is da quiz:

I gotz or I'z gettin' deez:

24-105mm IS L
70-200mm IS L 4.0
50mm 1.4
400mm L
5D(elicious)

Now ... fink about it first. Don't go for da magic button too soon.

Will dem all fitz in my Crumpler December Quarter?

You know then click
You don't know then guess an' click

A winner will be randily selected from all winning entrees and offered no prize whatever. All entrees are losers and that includes all winners. Good look :-)

Clear? If yes ... click! If no ... guess an' click!

Woolburr
13th of June 2007 (Wed), 15:23
If it will hold a 70-200 f/2.8 IS L, a 300 f/4 L, 24-105 IS L, 85 f/1.8 and a 1Ds...I think your stuff should fit.

condyk
13th of June 2007 (Wed), 15:39
Not sure if that stuff will actually fit ... pretty darn close tho innit?

Woolburr
13th of June 2007 (Wed), 15:57
It fit...snugly, with the tripod rings removed from the two white ones. I went back to using my Mini-Trekker for now.

Mark_Cohran
13th of June 2007 (Wed), 16:08
Strong drink this early in the day? Oh, for you, it's definitely not early....:)

PetKal
13th of June 2007 (Wed), 16:51
What the puck are you saying, Connie ?
Sounds like Andreas Thaler trying to speak Chav.:rolleyes:

Belmondo
13th of June 2007 (Wed), 17:04
The 400 is the deal-killer. It won't fit in anything short of a Louis Vuitton steamer trunk.

I see you're off your meds again.

condyk
13th of June 2007 (Wed), 17:11
What the puck are you saying, Connie ?
Sounds like Andreas Thaler trying to speak Chav.:rolleyes:

Yup ... new international language of POTN: potted Chav, Deutsch, Redneck'd Amerikano. I ain't figured out yet how to integrate Chinese or Japanese and such. Where is Bo Yu anyway, or whatever his name was?

The 400 is the deal-killer. It won't fit in anything short of a Louis Vuitton steamer trunk.

Man, that sucks ... not much steamer travelling in Namibia :cry:

ibdb
13th of June 2007 (Wed), 17:35
I don't have the slightest idea -- but I didn't want to miss out on another chance to win a Condyk contest. After all, I was the winner of the (in)famous "be the bird" contest of yore.

I voted for not fitting -- because there's never a time when you don't need a new bag. ;)

MDJAK
13th of June 2007 (Wed), 22:21
I wanna play.

What the heck is a trumpler? Is that like a baguette? Or is that closer to a scone?

I like scones. Only well done though with lots of blueberries.

Doesn't it drive you crazy when you buy two scones and one has more berries than the other?

me

TheGreatOg
13th of June 2007 (Wed), 23:01
Doesn't it drive you crazy when you buy two scones and one has more berries than the other?

In my experience, scones with berries in them are conducive to explosive loose bowel movements. A goody wheaty grainy scone is the way to go every time - sans berries, of course. Hm, I wonder how many scones Dave could fit into his crumpler?

timbernet
13th of June 2007 (Wed), 23:03
In my experience, scones with berries in them are conducive to explosive loose bowel movements. A goody wheaty grainy scone is the way to go every time - sans berries, of course. Hm, I wonder how many scones Dave could fit into his crumpler?

Let me see....

DID I REALLY NEED TO KNOW THAT????!!!! NO!! TMI! ;-)

-spam-
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 00:00
condyk needs help and now i have a strange craving for scones :confused:

[subliminal message]your gears will fit in teh bag, if you offload your 400mm to me[/subliminal message]

saravrose
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 01:04
I think you should buy a suitcase like I did.. and then bring the crumpler in your duffel bag... are you gonna have a laptop?... hmm.. or maybe Becca's bag would do better..

sari

JCR
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 02:16
I'll offer to carry that 5D for you.
*slips on his nike

BradT0517
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 02:30
I like how condik agrees that he should get off of POTN

condyk
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 02:46
I don't have the slightest idea -- but I didn't want to miss out on another chance to win a Condyk contest. After all, I was the winner of the (in)famous "be the bird" contest of yore.
)

That was a great contest eh? I'll find it later and reminisce. Maybe I'll offer a honorific title for this one too.

I like scones. Only well done though with lots of blueberries.

me

Me man, aka marsupial emerging, that is a genetic aboration. A Scone him got currents not blooberries :evil:

I'll offer to carry that 5D for you.
*slips on his nike

Strictly classic Chav behaviour. Well done. here's a free holiday fer 6 mumfs at 'er Majesty's pleasure Wormwood Scrubs mate innit ;-)

I saw that category lonesome so fought I'd add a score like. Luckily Thomasina-Pantie hates me as much as I do :-)

Olli
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 04:32
Everybody in this world needs help, also Condyk.

TheGreatOg
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 08:55
Condyk, convic(t)...seriously people, this is not a coincidence. Get off POTN you chavie belly crawler! ;)

Guineh
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 11:15
Condyk's title has never rung truer.

condyk
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 11:16
Everybody in this world needs help, also Condyk.

Excellent 'next level' thinking Olli, but I wonder if it is pearls before swine amongst this crowd 'ere? I doubt they'd get it.

Condyk, convic(t)...seriously people, this is not a coincidence. Get off POTN you chavie belly crawler! ;)

Making a word out of a name, that relates to said name barely at all, is hardly big and hardly clever. I expect more from you Oggie. Perhaps we need your smiley and 'fun' friend to join the craic and so spice things up a bit? :D

TheGreatOg
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 11:33
Making a word out of a name, that relates to said name barely at all, is hardly big and hardly clever. I expect more from you Oggie. Perhaps we need your smiley and 'fun' friend to join the craic and so spice things up a bit? :D

Jeez Dave, I take it you didn't like my joke? Would it have been more clever if I'd talked in half-speak and linguistic curios like you? But then, I'm not the teenager sniffing glue. I'm sure I'd come across as more an idiot than funny. Maybe you're right, funnier, more smiley types should post to your threads. Dullards like me will stick to less challenging conversations. :rolleyes:

rklepper
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 11:41
I just had to go by the crimpler I have and it is full with my Treo. I had to say no (or is it know?).

condyk
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 11:50
Maybe you're right, funnier, more smiley types should post to your threads. Dullards like me will stick to less challenging conversations. :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: Excellent contribution: sarcasm and venom tinged with a tad of pain. Apologies if my hoomer offended ye oggie ;)

Condyk's title has never rung truer.

Clear as a bell metaphor M.

I just had to go by the crimpler I have and it is full with my Treo. I had to say no (or is it know?).

I like it ... and I don't now the answer :D

thomascanty
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 11:56

That's why I voted for that option. If even he thinks so, it must be right. Right?

condyk
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 12:01
That's why I voted for that option. If even he thinks so, it must be right. Right?

Son, If I sez leap under that thar Greyhound bus well would ya? Huh?

thomascanty
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 12:09
Son, If I sez leap under that thar Greyhound bus well would ya? Huh?

You go first.

condyk
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 12:18
So that is a yes LMAO!

thomascanty
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 12:20
I never said I was a lemming... ;)

condyk
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 12:25
Good ... we don't want them thar follower types here. Independant minded, open and craic-ers ... they are the golden nuggets in the chicken basket of life :-)

thomascanty
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 12:28
Mmmmmm. Chicken basket. Now I'm hungry.

Olli
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 12:35
Condyk's title has never rung truer. ... this comment somehow reminded me about this: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2100187&postcount=18 ... some of us are suspicious ...

JAZZ D.P.G.
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 12:52
I don't really know what he is saying, even BableFish would not translate.

Off his meds, too much American television, watching NASCAR maybe?, not enough sleep or too much POTN are all valid possibilities for this state. Or more than one.

Vulcan mind-meld with PetKal?

Guineh
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 13:30
Vulcan mind-meld with PetKal?

wouldn't that be unadvisable?

Belmondo
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 13:43
wouldn't that be unadvisable?It would be quite dangerous, especially if they got their polarities reversed. We'd end up with a PetK and a CondyKal.....

Too gruesome to contemplate.

condyk
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 13:58
... this comment somehow reminded me about this: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2100187&postcount=18 ... some of us are suspicious ...

Haha, fun thread Olli ... I remember that one.

... too much American television, watching NASCAR maybe? Vulcan mind-meld with PetKal?

Nah son, don't watch that crap ... would be sure to 'normalise' any poor ass. Pet has a mind of his own. He don't wanna share mine ;-)

It would be quite dangerous, especially if they got their polarities reversed. We'd end up with a PetK and a CondyKal.....

:lol: :lol: Cool names tho' - better than our originals. Mine sounds an AmeriKan diet drink you buy off the TV with yer credit card and phone in one hand and a home delivery pizza in the other! Sound familiar Tom ;-)

70-200 & 400 stands up in opposite corner back, two brews one in opposite corn front if you drink em warm (USA, we drink em cold, too much condensation) 24-105 under 5d and 50 1.4 on it. Maybe even 24-105 on it. Now if ya can just pick the thing up. Sure thing, boss.

Yeah, that's good son. Pick up will be Ok. Dunno about the brews? It is an Ok bag to carry over your head. It has a little Vaio and its stuff in as well tho' ;-)

Ronald S. Jr.
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 13:58
....A winner will be randily selected from all winning entrees and offered no prize whatever.

Aww...do we make you feel that way, sweetums? :eek:

condyk
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 14:00
Aww...do we make you feel that way, sweetums? :eek:

If yer talking as in the Royal 'we', as spoke by 'er Majesty Queen 'lizabeff, then nope ...

Ronald S. Jr.
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 14:30
No, I meant "we" as in us Amerikans.

ibdb
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 14:45
Hm, I wonder how many scones Dave could fit into his crumpler?
I don't know why -- but that just sounds dirty. . .

:p :lol:

condyk
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 14:46
Not as bad as Pu y'all up :confused: :confused:

ibdb
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 14:56
It's usually pronounced by 'ferners as "Pew-eee-a-loop." They're wrong, but almost universally in agreement. ;)

TheGreatOg
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 14:57

What does that mean, in English, Dave? ;)

condyk
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 15:12
It's usually pronounced by 'ferners as "Pew-eee-a-loop." They're wrong, but almost universally in agreement. ;)

That's deep lad and shows I wuz so right to apply the honorific upon ya :D :D

condyk
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 15:13
What does that mean, in English, Dave? ;)

Here is a clue ... observe the 'innocent bystander' ;-) and all will be revealed!

condyk
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 15:25
If this is too heady for ye ... try this simpler introducktory class (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=230136) :-)

Belmondo
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 15:29
:lol: :lol:Cool names tho' - better than our originals. Mine sounds an AmeriKan diet drink you buy off the TV with yer credit card and phone in one hand and a home delivery pizza in the other! Sound familiar Tom ;-)
Yer pretty close....

The TV is usually on, but I never watch it. I leave the current events to my bride.

I'm in the recliner with a computer keyboard in my lap staring at the Sony monitor on the table next to the chair. The credit card part is correct. The Pizza is not home delivery...it's a $5 'hot & ready' from the local Little Caesar’s Pizzeria. (Pepperoni) . Very prescient on your part.

condyk
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 16:42
I'm in the recliner with a computer keyboard in my lap staring at the Sony monitor on the table next to the chair. The credit card part is correct. The Pizza is not home delivery...it's a $5 'hot & ready' from the local Little Caesar’s Pizzeria. (Pepperoni) . Very prescient on your part.

I learnt every from ya man ;-)

Now, now I see it....Nice thread, as I was sitting here in Falcon, Colorado eating (really) some of the Colonel's finest. Couple a days old, but then...

Glad your liked the other thread ... I guessed it would be meaningful ;-)

kevin_c
22nd of June 2007 (Fri), 09:10
I've just put Dave's original post through 'The Dialectizer ( http://www.rinkworks.com/dialect/ ) and I think the 'Swedish Chef' option clears it up for me ???

I think you will need a suitcase Dave, or get rid of that silly 400mm (Chuck?)

I think you can guess what option I went for... ;) :confused:

condyk
22nd of June 2007 (Fri), 09:15
Haha ... you're a craic. The Cockney one was word fer word innit ;-) Anyway, nice work of sufficient standard to enter my 'sick world of perception bogglin' bumness' (c).

kevin_c
22nd of June 2007 (Fri), 09:22
Haha ... you're a craic. The Cockney one was word fer word innit ;-) Anyway, nice work of sufficient standard to enter my 'sick world of perception bogglin' bumness' (c).

Is that good or bad ??? ???

condyk
22nd of June 2007 (Fri), 09:31
Is that good or bad ??? ???

By implication any such judgement depends on one own perception ... but be assured that if you do enter you will encounter a sick world of bumness :D