PDA

View Full Version : Amazon no more!

DucoNihilum
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 17:28
I don't think I'm going to be using amazon very much any more, they no longer accept direct bank transfers, which was the primary reason for me using it in the first place.... now the problem is... I need to find some place that accepts paypal or bank transfer, or get a debit card.... Would a debit card even work at places like B&H or amazon?

nadtz
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 17:32
Yes, i've been using my debit card via my bank... for a very long time. So long as your bank gives a debit card that has a visa logo it can be used the same as a CC (minus the paying later and fees of course!) I've never had a credit card and have never had a problem buying things online.

Mark_Cohran
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 17:52
Yes, i've been using my debit card via my bank... for a very long time. So long as your bank gives a debit card that has a visa logo it can be used the same as a CC (minus the paying later and fees of course!) I've never had a credit card and have never had a problem buying things online.

Nadtz is right - but make sure you know what your back policies are on fraudulent charges are. A thief can wipe your bank account out in a minute, and if you can't get the money back for 30 days, you'll be hurting. Of course, you could get an account just for debit use and keep only enough money in the account to cover your purchases, but then you'll probably wind up with bank fees.

Mark

Ronald S. Jr.
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 17:53
I use a debit card for every single purchase I make through B&H. More specifically, I use a Paypal debit card. It's been about $20k and 3 years. I guess it works. :lol:

You can do a bank transfer through paypal to B&H also, btw.

DucoNihilum
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 17:53
I'm only living around here for a month or two, so getting a debit card is kind of pointless- I guess I'm going to have to do ebay... I've never liked ebay.

Ronald S. Jr.
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 18:09
You're not listening...:lol:

B&H accepts paypal payments. In paypal, you can then pay them by bank transfer.

DucoNihilum
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 19:32
You're not listening...:lol:

B&H accepts paypal payments. In paypal, you can then pay them by bank transfer.

Your comment wasn't there when I replied.