PDA

View Full Version : Darn Sports Shooters

tdaugharty
23rd of June 2007 (Sat), 00:48
I really want one of these monster whites... I'm betting these guys are paid low wages and could never afford to buy one of these configurations ... What a 1dmn and a 600?

http://www.daugharty.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=4507&g2_serialNumber=2

QF-347
23rd of June 2007 (Sat), 05:46
hmm i wonder how much a sports photog does get paid.

camo

adam LC
23rd of June 2007 (Sat), 08:29
Is it a 600? I guessed at first a 400 2.8.... like I'l ever own either one anyway!

-spam-
23rd of June 2007 (Sat), 08:39
I really want one of these monster whites... I'm betting these guys are paid low wages and could never afford to buy one of these configurations ...

You probably shouldnt look in THIS (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=338175) thread then... ;):p

tdaugharty
23rd of June 2007 (Sat), 09:16
You probably shouldnt look in THIS (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=338175) thread then... ;):p

In the image with the one guy standing in front of all that L glass; that guy really needs to seek counseling or a really big bag or maybe a padded trailor ;-)

col4bin
23rd of June 2007 (Sat), 09:21
That is a 400 2.8

that link that was posted by spam....all I can say is WOW. There is a lot of money represented in those pictures.

BLS439
23rd of June 2007 (Sat), 09:40
I concur 400 f2.8...not too much bigger than my 300 f2.8 IS, but much heavier! The best I can say for sports photog pay is to think public school teacher range to private school teacher range.

gryphonslair99
23rd of June 2007 (Sat), 10:57
Is it a 600? I guessed at first a 400 2.8.... like I'l ever own either one anyway!

Why Not? Would you use it if you had it? I thought the same thing you did and one day came to the realization that if I owned it I would use it. I don't own it yet but I am 3/4 of the way there in saving money for one and hope to give it to myself as a Christmas present. Photography is only a hobbie for me but a serious one.

Besides, what does that expensive diamond ring do for my wife I gave here other than give her something to show off to the other witches in the coven. (No insult intended to any women, or witches here, just my little joke:lol:) I would get more practical use out of that lens then that ring gives my wife. It just sits there on her hand. So if you would use it, consider it. You never know, you just might end up with one.

Woogie
23rd of June 2007 (Sat), 11:04
Besides, what does that expensive diamond ring do for my wife I gave here other than give her something to show off to the other witches in the coven. (No insult intended to any women, or witches here, just my little joke:lol:) I would get more practical use out of that lens then that ring gives my wife. It just sits there on her hand. So if you would use it, consider it. You never know, you just might end up with one.

Don't you think it deters men? Oh she's married, i'll just keep staring at her, but I won't actually go over and hit on her. Rings have their purpose, i think.

4830Deuce
23rd of June 2007 (Sat), 11:06
Im guessing its not his, If he's a newspaper photographer then im sure its the newspapers... If he works for whatever league/sport hes shooting its probably theres...

Tall_Paul_2000
23rd of June 2007 (Sat), 11:14
I concur 400 f2.8...not too much bigger than my 300 f2.8 IS, but much heavier!

I would question the "not too much bigger" bit.......although definitely agree on the weight side of things!

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m58/Tall_paul_2000/MyFamily.jpg

MDJAK
23rd of June 2007 (Sat), 11:59
Those are beautiful.

gryphonslair99
23rd of June 2007 (Sat), 17:59
Don't you think it deters men? Oh she's married, i'll just keep staring at her, but I won't actually go over and hit on her. Rings have their purpose, i think.

If a ring detered men or women there would not be so many affairs in this world. Nor does the ring have to have a diamond or diamonds in it. The point is, if we look at our lives, we have many truely useless things that we value. If the lens is something that would be used and buying it does not cause harm to the family, why not?