PDA

View Full Version : The 2nd official Random Discussion For TPBM Photo's and Photographers Thread (2)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124

cylentka
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 10:54
TMI Pete.

Skrim17
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 10:56
I swear I am sill a mess over it, like leaving him there wasnt' sad enough for us ti is bringing it all back very painfully.

cylentka
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 10:56
Crissa, the only good thing about that letter is that they are so (mistakenly) ticked off that its almost certain they will find a home for the dog.

cylentka
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 10:57
I swear I am sill a mess over it, like leaving him there wasnt' sad enough for us ti is bringing it all back very painfully.

:(

Being in the shelter for a bit may very well be a good thing for him. Don't you think it might make him more realize that he's not your dog any more, and that he needs to bond with the new people that get him out of the shelter?

Pete
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 10:58
Crissa, you already knew that he wasn't ill. Otherwise I'm sure you would have done whatever you could about it.

They've got their facts wrong and they're jumping to the wrong conclusion.

cfpackerfan
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 10:58
http://www.rovertech.net/forum/images/smiles/ranting.gif

OMG! I am SO incredibly angry!! I can't believe she would talk to you that way!! I want her E-mail. NO WAIT... I want her MANAGERS EMAIL!!

I am steaming.
http://www.todojuegos.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/badmood.gif

cfpackerfan
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 10:59
Are you going to write back to her??

Athena
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 10:59
LOL I thought you were going to be a witch. :lol:

the witch one scared me too much.

I just did one with my own voice - that's scary too. :shock:

Athena
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 11:02
I just got the most terrible email from an akita rescue person totally bashing us for leaving our dog at a shelter and failing him. I can't believe it, I was so upset.

That email is HORRIBLE. You really should contact them and set them straight. For a rescue organization they surely aren't very sensitive or tactful. What a JERK.

I'm really sorry Crissa - you did NOT deserve that email at all. ((((hugs))))

cfpackerfan
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 11:04
Athena said it so much better than I did. :oops:

Crissa, they have NO clue of the extenuating circumstances. They have NO clue about your emotions involved in this.
YOU called THEM.
You care.
The person that wrote that E-mail should be severely reprimanded.

Pete
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 11:09
The person that wrote that E-mail should be severely reprimanded.

The person who wrote that email is severley retarded.

short5
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 11:45
Crissa sorry for your terrible treatment. Don't take it to heart because some loser in need of counseling decided to vent their disorder on you. Sadly many "rescue" groups are staffed by animal "rights" nuts, not caring animal lovers with a real understanding of animals and reality as a whole. The emailer clearly stated you should kill your dog rather than try to help it. I wonder what their plan to "help" your dog is. These people operate on emotion and their obsession with the idea that an animal can never have the same ups and downs as people. The idea of an animal being stressed or going through a transition is too much for them to handle in their fragile misguided minds. In many cases they would rather kill an animal than see it anything other than pampered better than any human or child. The "humane" society will kill a cat before they allow it to live a happy life in a warm barn. The potential that it could get chilled or get injured in a natural way is to much for their confused bleeding hearts to bear. I know a woman denied a dog by a "shelter" because she had preteen male children. She was told the potential for abuse was too high with two young boys. I wonder if they killed that dog. Many "rescue" groups are run by vegans pushing their agenda of a meatless petless society. The head of PETA said in an interview I saw we should not eat honey because keeping bees are cruel. If you look at how groups like the "humane" society spend their donations you will find much of the money goes not to "fluffy" they showed in their ad campaign but to lawyer and lobbyists fighting for causes never mentioned to you. They campaign against hunting, no mater how humane and important to ecology. They also push legislation to try and wipe out meat production and farms. There are certainly some decent people doing good things for animals but there is also a giant movement that has snuck in to the main stream trying to push a misguided agenda. Sorry for the rant but that is how I feel.

Pete
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 11:47
Great rant, Zane.

And GMAE.

short5
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 11:48
Grrrr:evil: I hate society:( I am out of here until later.

short5
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 11:48
Thanks Pete see ya in a bit

cfpackerfan
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 12:02
http://www.mundogasol.com/foro/clap.gif Well said Zane.

thomascanty
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 12:15
Crissa, don't let what that a-hole said get to you. They don't know the circumstances that forced you to make your decision, therefore they have no clue what they're talking about.

I love animals, but I HATE animal "rights" activist idiots...

cylentka
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 12:17

ditto

Crissa, don't let what that ******* said get to you. They don't know the circumstanced that forced you to make your decision, therefore they have no clue what they're talking about.

I love animals, but I HATE animal "rights" activist idiots...

ditto

Guineh
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 12:21
"I am so very sorry to hear about this poor, poor Akita -- dumped in a shelter by the family he loved for the last 8 yrs simply for being sick -- as most 8 yr old Akitas are hypothyroid which of course will make any Akita act out aggressively. If you could not keep him I fail to see why you didn't humanely euthanize him, rather than dump him coldly in a shelter where he is scared, sad, confused and depressed. We have been in touch with the shelter and we will take it from here.

But I sincerely hope you do not ever get another Akita again because no Akita deserves to have this happen to him -- their loyalty and devotion to their owners should be rewarded -- if a family member is sick, you don't get rid of them, you make them healthy again. Sadly, you failed this poor old Akita. "

Wow. That was unnecessarily harsh. What's wrong with "We're sorry you had problems with your dog, but we'll do our best to find your beloved pet a new home more compatible with his temperament."?

I know this has been a tough thing for you and Eli, and it's very sad that you had to give him up. Then, to have this dumped into your e-mail inbox surely doesn't make things any better.

Guineh
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 12:24
Silliness... Finally got brave enough to do the "Simpsonize Me" thing...

Haha... I look better as a Simpsons character.

cylentka
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 12:28
Very funny, Mike :lol:

Athena
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 12:37
Silliness... Finally got brave enough to do the "Simpsonize Me" thing...

Haha... I look better as a Simpsons character.

I love it! linky please. ;)

Pete
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 12:38
simpsonsmovie.com, I think.

Guineh
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 12:38
I love it! linky please. ;)

sure... http://www.simpsonizeme.com

cylentka
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 12:40
I did one a while back. I'll re-post if I can find it.

edit: I found it!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/cylentka/avatar.jpg

Athena
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 12:44
The simpsonizeme website keeps telling me sorry try again. :(

Becky N
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 12:46
http://www.chins-n-quills.com/forums/images/smilies/cry2.gif

AWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwww but he looks so cute.:-)

cylentka
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 12:47
Athena, do you know what a STAR assessment is?

Guineh
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 12:48
Christopher, simpsonized, hehe...

neil_r
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 12:49
Holy moly...I'm seeing red!!

Before you kicked us out, it was all red :-)

cfpackerfan
Christopher, simpsonized, hehe... LOL!

cylentka
ROFL Mike! That is cute

Guineh
The simpsonizeme website keeps telling me sorry try again. :(

Did that to me once, try closing and re-loading... Also make sure the picture is a head shot.

Becky N
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 12:50
Oh and I saw the woman I shoot the concerts for and she said the band loved my photos and want to see everything I took and will purchase some!! YAY!

Awsome

And I was going to ask if that is pre- or post- haircut.

cylentka
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 12:50
I think that must be a different simpson-izer than we were using before. we didn't use headshots. lemme go check the new one real quick

edit: found it and, drat, my headshot it too small. I'll try again tomorrow when i have time to get the RAW out.

Becky N
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 12:54
Slug Love

EWWWWW EWWWWWWWW EWWWWWWW Some of us are trying to eat lunch here!!!!

Becky N
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 12:57
say goodbye and part.

...and never call again.:rolleyes:

Permagrin
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 13:02
g'mae everyone.

"I am so very sorry to hear about this poor, poor Akita -- dumped in a shelter by the family he loved for the last 8 yrs simply for being sick -- as most 8 yr old Akitas are hypothyroid which of course will make any Akita act out aggressively. If you could not keep him I fail to see why you didn't humanely euthanize him, rather than dump him coldly in a shelter where he is scared, sad, confused and depressed. We have been in touch with the shelter and we will take it from here.

But I sincerely hope you do not ever get another Akita again because no Akita deserves to have this happen to him -- their loyalty and devotion to their owners should be rewarded -- if a family member is sick, you don't get rid of them, you make them healthy again. Sadly, you failed this poor old Akita. "

omgosh this is SO TERRIBLE!!! I can't believe anyone would be heartless enough to write this! Crissa, I'm so sorry.

eenorton
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 13:04

Geez, Crissa! The people who know and care about you and Eli and Billy know how totally off the mark that email was. Your friends and family know that you made every attempt to do the good and right thing. Find comfort in that and screw the anonymous emailer.

((hugs))

Becky N
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 13:09

Yes indeed.

Crissa, I would definetly find out who this person's manager is and set the facts straight. If for no other reason than to get the built up steam out of your system. There is no call for this person's remarks and you certainly don't need the added stress just thinking about it, especially knowing you took several steps to a) protect your family and b) do what was best for your dog.

Permagrin
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 13:11
I just got off the phone with Dan. We have a gal we've pseudo adopted (works with him...she's actually older than we are but several years ago we "adopted" her :D ) anyway, she came by work today and brought us some veggies from her garden (yay) and some lunch for Dan. Now this all sounds great BUT the lunch was bulgar salad. You should hear Dan...up until now, he'd never had bulgar before. Mainly because my mother used to fix bulgar salad (a different one from the one he got today) and I hated it...used to get seriously ill (from the taste) EVERY TIME I had it so it's been one of those "I WILL NEVER HAVE THIS IN MY HOUSE" things.......so he calls:

me: hello?
him: you were seriously abused as a child.
me: what?
me: I know this but why are you talking about it?
him: I was referring to your mother making you eat bulgar.
me: (laughing) holy cow, what made you bring that up?
him: V. just brought me bulgar salad?
me: OH SICK!! What did she put in it?
him: I'm not sure yet but I'm afraid to eat it.
me: some people get brownies...you get bulgar salad (laughing)
him: it doesn't even LOOK appetizing
me: my mom used to serve it cold with chunks of ham, cheese and fresh peas
him: it looks like there's tomato, onions and omgosh...TUNA
me: nice knowing ya
him: call you back

(later)

him: I'm ill. I have a cast iron stomach and a few bites of this has made me really nauseous
me: toldya
him: sorry about your childhood
me: yeah
him: going to go buy lunch now
me: don't blame ya. Buy something carbonated and sooth the beast. And apologize to the garbage can will ya?
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

eenorton
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 13:14
I just got off the phone with Dan....

LOL!

3Turner
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 13:16
Before you kicked us out, it was all red :-)
I did? Sorry...I did not even realize it:lol:.

I just got off the phone with Dan.....

...me: don't blame ya. Buy something carbonated and sooth the beast. And apologize to the garbage can will ya?

I think I am gonna have to apologize to my trash can also.

Pete
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 13:17
<snort>

It's like me with mushrooms, I hate them.

Permagrin
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 13:18
there are just some things that shouldn't be eaten. With Dan it was only beets & lima beans (until now) with me it was liver and bulgar....

cfpackerfan
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 13:18
LOL Permie!

Permagrin
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 13:21
I don't know if you guys saw this but this was an episode from last night's memoirs (life around here is always unusual) :lol::

I was laying down reading and Dan woke up from a sound sleep. Opened one eye and said "I just bored myself awake". I said "what?" And he said "I was dreaming that I was telling myself in detail how if you set off a large explosion under a battleship, it'll sink it. And I woke myself up." Then he started snoring again. I have NO idea if he was really awake or talking in his sleep or? :lol::lol::lol:

and this happened a few weeks ago:
he really is (funny). Just recently he woke himself up laughing and when I asked "what's so funny" (he had tears running down his eyes) he said "I can't tell you right now, I'm sleeping" and then laughed until he fell asleep.

I never know what's next but I love every minute of it ;)

cfpackerfan
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 13:22
ROFLMAO!! Oh my gosh that is too funny!!!!

Permagrin
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 13:23
ROFLMAO!! Oh my gosh that is too funny!!!!

I know!! I was laughing so hard last night I got up and posted it...just to share...

he said today that he remembered the dream but he didn't remember waking up and telling me that...

thomascanty
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 13:34
I just got off the phone with Dan.

I'd never even heard of bulgar. Now you got me curious.

Well... Not curious enough to actually TRY it, that is.

wu_wei0
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 13:35

neil_r
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 13:36
Boy do you guys talk a lot. I have been away for two days and it has taken me nearly an hour to catch up (and yes I do read faster than 3rd grade ;-) )

I had a look at the Meez but there were non fat enough for me to conform with the trade descriptions act.

wu_wei0
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 13:39
I'd never even heard of bulgar. Now you got me curious.

Well... Not curious enough to actually TRY it, that is.
ever had TABOULEH? that is made with Bulgar.

My oldest was a teen before my kids knew that chili was made with meat. I always made a vegetarian version with bulgar and chopped veggies. Really yummy. They were completely grossed out the first time they had a bowl of chili away from home. (They never associated the stuff on hot dogs at Sonic with chili (neither did I) :) )

Guineh
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 14:03
For some reason, I couldn't make the connection between Bulgar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgars) and salad. Reading the wiki article I couldn't help but think there was something very wrong with this....

(When Google searches go bad)

thomascanty
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 14:21

Nope. Never heard of that, either.

wu_wei0
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 14:26
For some reason, I couldn't make the connection between Bulgar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgars) and salad. Reading the wiki article I couldn't help but think there was something very wrong with this....

(When Google searches go bad)

try this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgur_wheat)wiki

BearLeeAlive
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 15:49
I'm in serious need of serious help...
http://www.gizmoz.com/file/q/343624/2396395.wmv
:shock: Was there ever any doubt. You might be able to get some group rates to include the other freaky girls in here. ;)
Slug Love
Great shot Pete, good to see some normal stuff on here. :)
I just got the most terrible email from an akita rescue person totally bashing us for leaving our dog at a shelter and failing him. I can't believe it, I was so upset.
Wow Crissa, that is just wrong. They have no idea of the background to your situation. I do appreciate they are trying to do good for animals, but that email is just so wrong in so many ways. I am right in there with what everyone else has said, we all know your reasons and support your decision wholeheartedly.

Zane, great rant about the PETA. I too have taken issue with their stand on many things. I'm sure you have seen it around horses, especially in rodeos. They set up camp here at the Calgary Stampede every year. Those rodeo animals are treated great, far better than most farm animals, or family pets.
<snort>

It's like me with mushrooms, I hate them.
Yum, mushrooms. Just love 'em. :)
there are just some things that shouldn't be eaten. With Dan it was only beets & lima beans (until now) with me it was liver and bulgar....
Wow, all good eats. I have had bulgar in a Lebanese salad before. It is great. Is it not just a grain? And liver, mmmmm..... My Lisa hates it too, so I order it in restaurants all the time to get my fix.

Maxed Out
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 15:52
gmae

Pete
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 15:52

Yup... Just like to bring the thread back to photography every so often.

And grossing out the girlies is just the icing on the cake.

wu_wei0
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 15:56
:shock: Was there ever any doubt. You might be able to get some group rates to include the other freaky girls in here. ;)

Wow Crissa, that is just wrong. They have no idea of the background to your situation. I do appreciate they are trying to do good for animals, but that email is just so wrong in so many ways. I am right in there with what everyone else has said, we all know your reasons and support your decision wholeheartedly.

Zane, great rant about the PETA. I too have taken issue with their stand on many things. I'm sure you have seen it around horses, especially in rodeos. They set up camp here at the Calgary Stampede every year. Those rodeo animals are treated great, far better than most farm animals, or family pets.

Admit it. Freaky girls are the best. Life would be a bore without us!

That email ires me as well. I would be so tempted to editorialize about it in the local papers. It might cause enough of a stir to make that org publicly apologize and also look into their own workings. Often, such a group will explain their policies, vow to adjust where needed, and/or get an oversight group interested enough to do some checking.

Are they part of a larger, national organization? Curiosity and too much time on my hands causes me to ask, I guess.

BearLeeAlive
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 15:59
Admit it. Freaky girls are the best. Life would be a bore without us!
I LOVES FREAKY GIRLS
:lol: :p :razz::razz: :p :lol:

Athena
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 16:01

gotta love those Simpson ankles :roll: :lol:

Maxed Out
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 16:02
[quote=BearLeeAlive;3875667]I LOVES FREAKY GIRLS
:lol: :p :razz: :p :lol:

:shock:......Me Too;) :lol:

Pete
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 16:03
Hmmm..Why won't Flash work for me? I've downloaded it time and time again and it still won't work!!

Athena
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 16:06
Athena, do you know what a STAR assessment is?not off hand. Want me to look into it?

I would like to officially add TRIPE to this list... *shudder*

I spent several hours at the table looking at a plate of tripe once in the 5th grade. I was always a really good eater - not picky in the least, but that night there was NOTHING they could do to make me eat dinner. My Mom was SO p*ssed. It's a huge family joke now. :lol:

But seriously, the stuff is just plain nasty. :-x

Skrim17
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 16:07
I love bulgur and tabbouleh, any and all Mediterranean and middle eastern foods pretty much.

I have moved on from this mornings ugliness, there was an exchange of emails and I am no longer allowing their negative nasty attitudes to affect my positive mental attitude. I now return you to your regularly scheduled chatting...

Skrim17
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 16:10
they want this one:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/skrim/nextone/synergy1web.jpg

Skrim17
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 16:10
and this one

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/skrim/nextone/synergy2web.jpg

Skrim17
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 16:11
still editing more.

Athena
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 16:11
That's GREAT Crissa (both things - your positive attitude and their wanting the images). :)

Belmondo
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 16:26
Me?

wu_wei0
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 16:48
Me?Nice, Chief. How many folks can claim to be a hottie in Simpson land as well as real life?

Permagrin
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 17:00
Crissa, those are most excellent shots...really impressive!

short5
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 18:05
Christopher, simpsonized, hehe...:lol::lol:!!

I just got off the phone with Dan. That's so funny.

The little woman is a big fan of it, gag. I can eat it but it is not really a favorite. I do like cilantro though and I seem to remember it is heavy on that.

My Mom was SO p*ssed. It's a huge family joke now. :lol:

But seriously, the stuff is just plain nasty. :-x Thats just nasty whether it taste good or not.

Crissa, those are most excellent shots...really impressive! That^

wu_wei0
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 18:06
Hi zane. Good day?

short5
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 18:06
Oh yeah,G'MAE odd friends

short5
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 18:09
Hi zane. Good day?

Wash out, told the guys they had a paid day off and I put my head in the sand until my noon rant. Then I ran to D.C. for a client meeting and I had to water a garden for a client out of town. Grabbed a soup and sushi at the whole foods market, now I am here:confused:

short5
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 18:10
How was your Wu day?

wu_wei0
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 18:13
Oh yeah,G'MAE odd friends

No-- sorry-- I meant: did you have a good day?

wu_wei0
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 18:14
soup and sushi sounds nice!

It was the worst of times; it was the best of times. . . . It was a day. :)

BearLeeAlive
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 18:23
Mmmmm....Sushi
I am a big fish eating fan, and sushi is one of my favourites.

We have a fantastic Sushi place only 2 blocks from home. They have 2 trained sushi chefs working there, along with some apprentices. Lots of interesting stuff, though I did have some eel once that was not so great, it tasted like a fish gutting plant smells, very fishy (go figure ;)).

short5
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 18:29
I did have some eel once that was not so great, it tasted like a fish gutting plant smells, very fishy (go figure ;)).

Eww thats not right. Eel is usually served cooked with a sweet soy sauce on it. Saba is my favorite. It is a mackerel with the skin on, mmmmm.

wu_wei0
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 18:34
you guys are making me hungry

except for the smelly part. I've been blessed to never have been served smelly sushi or sashimi. Now, the mini frozen pizza I had for today really was yucky even though it smelled fine. Maybe just the nature of the beast

short5
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 18:35
Now, the mini frozen pizza I had for today really was yucky even though it smelled fine. Maybe just the nature of the beast
Thats why you just eat them frozen, easier than cooking them anyhow;).

wu_wei0
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 18:45
Thats why you just eat them frozen, easier than cooking them anyhow;).

I'll remember that if I buy another bunch :)

misspix
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 19:23
:confused: I have lost all my quotes. I have been SOOOOOOOO busy!

Just a quick hello and I shall try to summerize from memory (help us all :rolleyes:)

Crissa: :mad: @ your poor treatment from the Akita folk. I am somewhat speechless.

Wanda/Cat/Athena: NO WAY in blue's bells am I gonna click on your freaky linky's :shock:

Jack: HI!!!!

Beth: HI!!!!

Pete: Ew ew ew ew @ slug sex!

Lisa: Congrats on the new coat and ROFL at Puddle Dreamin' :lol:

Mike: Glad you are feeling better.

Becky: I am in budget hell. Save me.

Jamie: Makayla's photo is great :D

Puds: ROFLOLOLOLOL @ last nights TR's :)

If I have forgotten anyone, apologies-I must return to the depths of my spreadsheets. *hangs head and trudges back to desk*

short5
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 19:43
Forgot me:rolleyes: just kicked me to the curb like spam:cry::cry:waaaaaaaa:cry:

wu_wei0
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 19:47
Forgot me:rolleyes: just kicked me to the curb like spam:cry::cry:waaaaaaaa:cry:
I'll keep you company:);)

Jamie Holladay
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 20:00
g'MAE from My Desk at work again at 8:01 pm (&%^W#)(%^Q#@(&%Q#%*()& !!!

LEAVE IT that way James. OR so help me, I will invoke the shamedness of your middle name!
1-877-413-8808
or the UPS guy...
Yikes!
He looks SO cute!! :D
Handsome I'd say.
Oh and I saw the woman I shoot the concerts for and she said the band loved my photos and want to see everything I took and will purchase some!! YAY!
That is great. Congrats.
Slug Love

http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/normal/IMG_8999.jpg
Grosssssssss!
I just got off the phone with Dan. We have a gal we've pseudo adopted (works with him...she's actually older than we are but several years ago we "adopted" her :D ) anyway, she came by work today and brought us some veggies from her garden (yay) and some lunch for Dan. Now this all sounds great BUT the lunch was bulgar salad. You should hear Dan...up until now, he'd never had bulgar before. Mainly because my mother used to fix bulgar salad (a different one from the one he got today) and I hated it...used to get seriously ill (from the taste) EVERY TIME I had it so it's been one of those "I WILL NEVER HAVE THIS IN MY HOUSE" things.......so he calls:

me: hello?
me: what?
me: I know this but why are you talking about it?
him: I was referring to your mother making you eat bulgar.
me: (laughing) holy cow, what made you bring that up?
him: V. just brought me bulgar salad?
me: OH SICK!! What did she put in it?
him: I'm not sure yet but I'm afraid to eat it.
me: some people get brownies...you get bulgar salad (laughing)
him: it doesn't even LOOK appetizing
me: my mom used to serve it cold with chunks of ham, cheese and fresh peas
him: it looks like there's tomato, onions and omgosh...TUNA
me: nice knowing ya
him: call you back

(later)

him: I'm ill. I have a cast iron stomach and a few bites of this has made me really nauseous
me: toldya
him: sorry about your childhood
me: yeah
him: going to go buy lunch now
me: don't blame ya. Buy something carbonated and sooth the beast. And apologize to the garbage can will ya?
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Yuck I guess. What is Bulgar?
I don't know if you guys saw this but this was an episode from last night's memoirs (life around here is always unusual) :lol::

and this happened a few weeks ago:
You life has to be fun. I doubt there is a dull moment in it. What a pleasure.

Sexy
Me?
Distinguished
Jamie: Makayla's photo is great
Thanks!

Jamie Holladay
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 20:02
1-877-413-8808
Oh wait that is not Delta's number.

puddlepirate44
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 20:22
TR's... sorry for the delay... :o

Adventures with Jim: Even Finer Print
http://tuppervilleranch.com/comics/TRfinerprintT.jpg

Adventures with Jim: It's Kinda Like...
http://tuppervilleranch.com/comics/TRkindalikeT.jpg

Athena
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 20:24
Zane - Night of the Burn (http://images.burningman.com/index.cgi?q_keyword=&q_year=&q_category=burn_night&q_photog=&go.x=11&go.y=19)

Athena
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 20:36
:shock: Virtual Painting Thread shut down. (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3874965&postcount=948)

Skrim17
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 20:39
...who started the thread?

3Turner
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 20:39
:shock: Virtual Painting Thread shut down. (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3874965&postcount=948)
I noticed that earlier while I was at work and thought how typical...since if I recall correctly, the OP was trying every which way to make it sound like he was not marketing his dvds, but it seems otherwise with that post huh.

Athena
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 20:42
...who started the thread?

this guy (http://www.mmkgraphics.com/tutorials/virtualpaint.html)

The part that floors me really, is the multiple identity thing. :shock: That's just wrong. And disappointing! I like his work. Bummer people are like that...

Skrim17
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 20:43
I don't think I ever visited it. Was it popular?

3Turner
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 20:44
Yeah, the multiple identity thing had me wondering if he posted using all four accounts on the thread to peak interest.

Permagrin
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 20:44
this guy (http://www.mmkgraphics.com/tutorials/virtualpaint.html)

The part that floors me really, is the multiple identity thing. :shock: That's just wrong. And disappointing! I like his work. Bummer people are like that...

I liked his work as well but that multiple identity thing freaks me out. I just hate the "I can say/do anything because my identity is anonymous" attitude...

Permagrin
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 20:45
Yeah, the multiple identity thing had me wondering if he posted using all four accounts on the thread to peak interest.

I wondered that too.

3Turner
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 20:45
I don't think I ever visited it. Was it popular?
I subscribed to the thread and it was on my usercp everyday.

Skrim17
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 20:47
What was his screen name?

And while we're on it anyone know what happened to Ashley Mcnamara?

Athena
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 20:47
yes - it was quite popular over 900 posts. I was subbed to it too Robert.

Remember those flowers I painted in PS? That thread is where I got the idea. I think Beth was reading it too.

Athena
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 20:48

who is she?

3Turner
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 20:51
I bookmarked it to one day try to do something like that, but since I am not efficient enough in PS, I couldn't figure it out and I was not going to spend the money on the DVD.

3Turner
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 20:52

I forgot about her...she has some great shots. I saw that she was last active on here 3 weeks ago, but her flickr site shows uploads yesterday :confused:.

Edit: Forgot to add that the screen name for the Virtual Oil thread was Vixtran...or at least one of them.

Skrim17
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 20:56
She used to post awesome pics of her kids Athena.

Skrim17
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 20:59
http://75.126.234.18/forum/showthread.php?t=283302

Athena
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:00
I looked at the DVDs and even the workshop because it's in NC, but decided it was all too expensive, so I tried to figure the technique out myself...

Before:
http://lifeprintsphotography.com/MyLife/Boys/NathanReflecting.jpg

After:
http://lifeprintsphotography.com/MyLife/Boys/NathanReflectingPainted.jpg

Athena
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:02
http://75.126.234.18/forum/showthread.php?t=283302

She's very good with color - impressive.

BearLeeAlive
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:03
Forgot me:rolleyes: just kicked me to the curb like spam:cry:waaaaaaaa

I'll keep you company:)
:cry: :cry: Who's this Terri that forgets about us anyway? ;)

Adventures with Jim: It's Kinda Like...

LOL, love the fine print examination tool, and the Paranormal slam had me chuckling out loud. :lol:
Virtual Painting Thread shut down. (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3874965&postcount=948)
I had been looking in on that thread too as there sure was some neat stuff done that I would like to try some time. The OP was most definitely trying to sell copies of his CD though was not real pushy about it. I do agree with Pekka's reasoning though, and sure don't understand the reasoning for multiple usernames.

3Turner
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:03
That's a great pic and virtural oil....now share since I don't know how and have not figured it out yet :)

Skrim17
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:04
I love her stuff Athena
http://75.126.234.18/forum/showthread.php?t=266014

BearLeeAlive
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:09
I looked at the DVDs and even the workshop because it's in NC, but decided it was all too expensive, so I tried to figure the technique out myself...
That is a great start Athena. I think some of it still looks more like a photo than a painting though. Some of the best results (for me) is when they are strongly processed and show brush strokes like a painting would. I sure wish I had your patience with this stuff.

Athena
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:11
I love her stuff Athena
http://75.126.234.18/forum/showthread.php?t=266014

I wish I had my desktop bookmarks Crissa. I've got a link to a site for an amazing photographer who's style is similar to hers, but oh so much better (no offense). Really breath taking. If I can manage to think of her name (I am SO bad with names) I'll post it later. :)

Athena
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:12
That is a great start Athena. I think some of it still looks more like a photo than a painting though. Some of the best results (for me) is when they are strongly processed and show brush strokes like a painting would. I sure wish I had your patience with this stuff.

I don't like the hard brush-strokes. ;)

edit: It makes a big difference which brush you use too. In case you want to try it. :)

Athena
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:16
That's a great pic and virtural oil....now share since I don't know how and have not figured it out yet :)

It's just painting the whole painting with the smudge tool. Or at least it is when I do it. :lol: Brad's stuff is so good - I am sure he has some extra tricks. I think some of the brushes he uses come with the DVDs. I'd like to have those! :)

puddlepirate44
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:16
You should have seen it a couple of minutes earlier... Full genitalia on show!!

Yeah. I probably could've lived my whole life without that knowledge.

wow. Wow. That's beyond stupid. I can't believe they did this. I mean, you're going through enough and they have to toss in this worthless baggage? Puhleez.

Oh gosh! I'm so sorry, Crissa! Whoever wrote the email should be slammed into a brick wall. Three times. :evil:

Four times. Then pause, turn over and do another four times.

Ticks me off.

The person who wrote that email is severley retarded.

That, too.

Crissa sorry for your terrible treatment.

Nice rant, Zane. I think it's the longest I've ever seen you post. :shock:

I would like to officially add TRIPE to this list... *shudder*

Tripe isn't a food. It's something that is left over from a biology experiment and should never be eaten.

G'MAE, All.

Permagrin
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:17
I looked at the DVDs and even the workshop...

After:
http://lifeprintsphotography.com/MyLife/Boys/NathanReflectingPainted.jpg

I LOVE THIS!! Absolutely LOVE IT!! Print it on canvas!! (have I said, I LOVE THIS?) ;)

Skrim17
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:19
evenin' Dan. Watching I heart Huckabees, anyone else find it painfully annoying??

puddlepirate44
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:21
evenin' Dan. Watching I heart Huckabees, anyone else find it painfully annoying??

Hi, Crissa. Never saw that movie.

Hey, I was going to comment on Eli's back to school pic.... That boy's got some feet on him. He's gonna be a big boy!! Kinda reminds me of a puppy when they're at that "All Feet" stage! ;):D

BearLeeAlive
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:22
I don't like the hard brush-strokes. ;)

edit: It makes a big difference which brush you use too. In case you want to try it. :)
I don't mean real harsh, just so that it looks like a painting would. But, fortunately we all have different ideas.

I did try a some of it but I couldn't get the brush to follow exactly where I wanted it too. I would imagine that would come with practice, and would work way better with a tablet.

Athena
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:22
I LOVE THIS!! Absolutely LOVE IT!! Print it on canvas!! (have I said, I LOVE THIS?) ;)Thanks Lisa. :D
I had no idea I was going to like it as much as I do - it was just for fun. I did it on a LOW RES image. Doh! :lol:

Skrim17
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:28
Yep Dan, he always starts a growth spurt by going up at least a half a size in the feetskis.

3Turner
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:31
It's just painting the whole painting with the smudge tool. Or at least it is when I do it. :lol: Brad's stuff is so good - I am sure he has some extra tricks. I think some of the brushes he uses come with the DVDs. I'd like to have those! :)
So when you use the smudge tool to go over the painting, how do you figure out which way to go? (drag the cursor)

puddlepirate44
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:31
Yep Dan, he always starts a growth spurt by going up at least a half a size in the feetskis.

My son was the same way. All of the sudden he would have these clown like feet at the end of his skinny legs. He'd stumble, trip and be unable to walk quietly at all. Then, overnight, he's be four inches taller. I swear you could watch him grow.

Kids are freaky that way.

Athena
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:37
So when you use the smudge tool to go over the painting, how do you figure out which way to go? (drag the cursor)

For the most part, follow the contours of the image itself. Work from the outside in. It's time consuming, but if you keep at it you'll start to see what works and what doesn't. I tend to be light handed with it, but you can choose whatever style suits you. Share your trails with us - I'd love to see them. :)

Athena
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:38

What size crocs is he into now Crissa?

wu_wei0
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:42
yes - it was quite popular over 900 posts. I was subbed to it too Robert.

I subbed to it for a whiel but for some reason got annoyed with it. <<shrug>>

Edit: Forgot to add that the screen name for the Virtual Oil thread was Vixtran...or at least one of them.

Ive been wondering what the other IDs were. With Pekka's wording, I'd almost bet that all identities were posting on that thread.

puddlepirate44
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:44
Well, I did it finally. I was having problems with my Mathor Duplexing XHD with Glagington drive. It kept cooking up around the 10.2.18 plex groove and the nedder wave would twist in the ether. I went to Best Buy and picked up a Lowden Plath Stellar Binker that would handle up to 18Tb of waggle before switching over to the sub-tank dropper. Which is nice, because, as we all know, 18Tb of waggle can gum up anyone's Grop-sink given enough time. The sub-tank is really just a built up Nix Zikkor that sounds simplistic, but when you add the Yttrium bath, it makes all the difference in the world.

I got blue, 'cuz I think it's purdy.

Becky N
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:45
they want this one:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/skrim/nextone/synergy1web.jpg

How did Eli like the backlit hair?;)

Becky: I am in budget hell. Save me.

Throwing a rope, hang on tight it is a rough ride but you'll make through.

Still going through my own with the sales quotas. And joy of joys, I get to go through it again in 4 months. We have new owners and the accounting year is changing back to calendar year.:rolleyes: So right now all reporting is a stub year.

G'MAE, fly by posting. Started back with choir tonight afterward, Curt and I are putting together a loose trip itinerary. Looks like we might be camping some of the nights if it isn't freezing cold. So how well does ripstop nylon hold back grizzly bears?

puddlepirate44
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:47
G'MAE, fly by posting. Started back with choir tonight afterward, Curt and I are putting together a loose trip itinerary. Looks like we might be camping some of the nights if it isn't freezing cold. So how well does ripstop nylon hold back grizzly bears?

It's not the nylon, it's the zipper that really gets 'em frustrated. Velcro just flat out gives them fits.

Becky N
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:50
Well, I did it finally. I was having problems with my Mathor Duplexing XHD with Glagington drive. It kept cooking up around the 10.2.18 plex groove and the nedder wave would twist in the ether. I went to Best Buy and picked up a Lowden Plath Stellar Binker that would handle up to 18Tb of waggle before switching over to the sub-tank dropper. Which is nice, because, as we all know, 18Tb of waggle can gum up anyone's Grop-sink given enough time. The sub-tank is really just a built up Nix Zikkor that sounds simplistic, but when you add the Yttrium bath, it makes all the difference in the world.

I got blue, 'cuz I think it's purdy.

Be careful, the instructions are missing crucial information regarding installing the whosits into the dealybob. They forget to tell you about the thingy which is really important to keep it from whizzeling after start up.

puddlepirate44
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:54
Be careful, the instructions are missing crucial information regarding installing the whosits into the dealybob. They forget to tell you about the thingy which is really important to keep it from whizzeling after start up.

Thanks. I noticed that they didn't have that in the English instructions, but they did have it in Akkadian, the language of Tiglath-Pileser IV of Assyria. Good thing I took that in Junior High.

Becky N
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:55
It's not the nylon, it's the zipper that really gets 'em frustrated. Velcro just flat out gives them fits.

Actually we are probably safer than we were camping there when I was a wee kid. Now that they stopped trying to manage the bears and went back to managing the people...*giving a Zane eyeroll at society*

cfpackerfan
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:56
1-877-413-8808
This is what I got:
Hello. You've reached David Menegay Hyundai, Rainbow City, Alabama. I'm sorry. We're closed. Jamie is a loser and went home early.

I got blue, 'cuz I think it's purdy.I little too much techy talk lately elsewhere?? :lol: :lol:

BearLeeAlive
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:57
So how well does ripstop nylon hold back grizzly bears?
Much better if you reinforce the tiny holes with bacon grease. It also makes it more waterproof. :)

I will be taking bear spray and bangers along with me. There are lots of black and grizzly bears where we are going. I have seen many bears in the wild and have never had any troubles, though I usually am way into the back country where bears are still more afraid of us than we are of them.

puddlepirate44
I little too much techy talk lately elsewhere?? :lol: :lol:

Geez. :rolleyes:

Becky N
Thanks. I noticed that they didn't have that in the English instructions, but they did have it in Akkadian, the language of Tiglath-Pileser IV of Assyria. Good thing I took that in Junior High.

Oh, I'm glad you caught that before ripping out and tossing 9/10ths of manual tabloid.

3Turner
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:59
For the most part, follow the contours of the image itself. Work from the outside in. It's time consuming, but if you keep at it you'll start to see what works and what doesn't. I tend to be light handed with it, but you can choose whatever style suits you. Share your trails with us - I'd love to see them. :)
Okay thanks. When I get the nerve to try it I'll post it here. How long did that one take you?

Ive been wondering what the other IDs were. With Pekka's wording, I'd almost bet that all identities were posting on that thread.
I nominate you to ask Pekka to find out for all of us...anyone else say 'I'.:lol:

Guineh
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 22:00

Reminds me of the agreement in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory (The old one...) The print keeps getting smaller and smaller and smaller.

Much better if you reinforce the tiny holes with bacon grease. It also makes it more waterproof. :)

I will be taking bear spray and bangers along with me. There are lots of black and grizzly bears where we are going. I have seen many bears in the wild and have never had any troubles, though I usually am way into the back country where bears are still more afraid of us than we are of them.

MMm, bear spray? Similar in function to mosquito spray or mace?

puddlepirate44
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 22:00
Oh, I'm glad you caught that before ripping out and tossing 9/10ths of manual tabloid.

And to think when I was in 7th grade in Ms. Dakkar's class thinking to myself, "Right. Like I'll ever need to know cuneiform when I grow up." :rolleyes:

cfpackerfan
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 22:01
The TRs made me laugh so hard that the kids came running. :lol:
Paranormal. :lol: LOL!!!

Guineh
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 22:03
Gnrrrr. I feel better, but now the coughing has started.

puddlepirate44
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 22:03
I nominate you to ask Pekka to find out for all of us...anyone else say 'I'.:lol:

I won't. I will, however, say, "Aye."

You freakish sheep in a ghillie suit. ;)

Becky N
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 22:04

Hmmm, wonder where I would find that in Illinois? I'm not too worried, we'll be around many other campers and I know they have cracked down on the stupidity of people encounters with the wildlife. They took a lot of opportunity away from the opportunist bears. And if it is the least bit chilly, he-who-did-not-grow-up-on-camping, will decide to hotel it instead.;)

3Turner
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 22:06
I won't. I will, however, say, "Aye."

You freakish sheep in a ghillie suit. ;)
Okay...I had a Llama and everyone thinks it was a goat, now I put up a goat and I've already got 2 thinking sniper in a ghilie suit....now a sheep.:lol:

Becky N
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 22:07
Dan - I really like the microscopic fine print of the contract in tonight's TR's and the anatomically correct position of Jim's feet. Of course paranormal had me laughing big time.

Guineh
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 22:09
Okay...I had a Llama and everyone thinks it was a goat, now I put up a goat and I've already got 2 thinking sniper in a ghilie suit....now a sheep.:lol:

Awful woolly goat, if you ask me.. :)

See... my avatar is crystal clear as to what it is... :D

puddlepirate44
6th of September 2007 (Thu), 22:09

A sheep in a ghillie suit is funnier. ;)