PDA

View Full Version : The 2nd official Random Discussion For TPBM Photo's and Photographers Thread (2)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124

wu_wei0
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:20
ROFLMBO, Pudsy!

I wish you lived closer. Think of all the trouble we could get into!

wu_wei0
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:21
Those are awesome, sis!

Permagrin
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:24
Those are awesome, sis!

Some of those women were outshooting/out knife-throwing the guys...I didn't get a shot of this one woman (Terri & Dan, it was the one with the dark hair and red shirt) but she hit almost every time she shot and could throw a hatchet like you wouldn't believe...it was a little frightening :lol:

misspix
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:25
Nice Lisa :D
I have only just begun on mine *sigh*

misspix
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:26
Those earplugs are gonna be a problem *groan* I HATE cloning!

puddlepirate44
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:26
ROFLMBO, Pudsy!

I wish you lived closer. Think of all the trouble we could get into!

I'm of the opinion that I just think too much in "rush hour".

puddlepirate44
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:27

I've discovered that it's just a bit easier just to clone out their entire ear instead. :rolleyes:

Permagrin
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:30
Nice Lisa :D
I have only just begun on mine *sigh*

Thanks Terri. I didn't even try to pp them...I'm too tired. I figure I'll do it after our Seattle trip...because there are several that I want to convert to an old-time feel...or draganize.

oh I KNOW....they totally are but they look SO bad...the modern jewelry and glasses are bad enough but flourescent earplugs is too much for me :lol:

puddlepirate44
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:35
Evening everyone....as Dan mentioned we met up with Terri and Frank today and had a great time! Here are a few shots from today...more of the women this time (I took over 600 shots btw. yesterday and today so these aren't processed either...just one I liked)

http://LC-images.smugmug.com/photos/180461304-M.jpg

OK, this lady scared me. She had that whole Pocahontas thing goin' on, very slight lady, then she would bring up that .45 cal blackpowder gun and hit just about anything she wanted. :shock:

Athena
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:37
school supplies I couldn't find at the other store, like Fiskar scissors.

:evil: WTF are Fiskar freaking scissors?!? I could not for the life of me find these today and they are on Matthew's list. (grrr) I didn't try Target though - but I will be going there very soon (if you can confirm they carry them). ;) :)

T.D.
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:39
:evil: WTF are Fiskar freaking scissors?!? I could not for the life of me find these today and they are on Matthew's list. (grrr) I didn't try Target though - but I will be going there very soon (if you can confirm they carry them). ;) :)

Very, very common brand of scissors. Available almost everywhere. Did you try a fabric store?

And just for the reecord, I'm only familiar with Fiskars...not the Fiskar Freaking Scissors....;)

Permagrin
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:39
fiskar is a brand (actually one of the most expensive brands) of scissors.

The schools are telling you what brands you have to buy now?

Miniflash
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:41
Gmae everyone
wow permi great shots ...i love those
Pete and Wanda i love the kitty shots to .
I got some good shots i hope todaY lol still have to upload to the pc ..when i can miss you all but am having a lot of fun!

puddlepirate44
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:43

Wow, they want you to get Fiskar's Freaking scissors? Those are rarely in stock. You can usually pick up Fiskar's DagNab scissors almost anywhere for dirt cheap, but the Freaking scissors are harder to find. Good luck on those. Try the Freaking Art Supply store in your area.

puddlepirate44
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:44
Gmae everyone
wow permi great shots ...i love those
Pete and Wanda i love the kitty shots to .
I got some good shots i hope todaY lol still have to upload to the pc ..when i can miss you all but am having a lot of fun!

Glad you're having fun, Deb!! What did you do today at Newport?

Skrim17
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:52
LOL, I went to the fiskars website they have tons of scissors, how do you know which to buy and WHY?? Were we all somehow damaged by those green gripped scissors we all used? Is this some huge kickback scheme??

short5
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:53
Very, very common brand of scissors. Available almost everywhere. Did you try a fabric store?
Anywhere with decent products

fiskar is a brand (actually one of the most expensive brands) of scissors.
They tend to have blunt noses and ergonomic handles. The super stores have stopped carrying anything but Chinese cwap so they may be easier to find at an arts and crafts store

G'MAE all

misspix
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:54
*sigh* I am through the first cut and am bummed :( not one spark, not one flame *sigh*

puddlepirate44
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:56
LOL, I went to the fiskars website they have tons of scissors, how do you know which to buy and WHY?? Were we all somehow damaged by those green gripped scissors we all used? Is this some huge kickback scheme??

Crissa! You left handed goddess, you! The green handles were for us lefties! Remember? It had "LEFTY" branded right on the side of the scissors so anyone could walk by and see the green handles, read the side of the blade and give us that "Pity Look". :D

Skrim17
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:57
My dyslexia was so pervasive I used the green handled scissors to cut with my right hand.

misspix
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 22:59
:lol:

Skrim17
My grandmother lived in a tiny village in Greece her whole life, never went to high school. Whenever she would see me writing she would ask me to 'just try' to write with my right hand. As I tried she would cross herself and pray for a miracle. I would then start shaking uncontrollably and tell her I WANTED to write with my right hand but the demons were demanding I use my left...aaah the good old days.

puddlepirate44
My dyslexia was so pervasive I used the green handled scissors to cut with my right hand.

Even with the green scissors, I flunked cutting in Kindergarten. :o

Skrim17
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 23:02
I write, brush my teeth and eat with my left hand, other than that I do nothing lefty. No sports, no cutting, no instruments nothing at all.

puddlepirate44
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 23:02
My grandmother lived in a tiny village in Greece her whole life, never went to high school. Whenever she would see me writing she would ask me to 'just try' to write with my right hand. As I tried she would cross herself and pray for a miracle. I would then start shaking uncontrollably and tell her I WANTED to write with my right hand but the demons were demanding I use my left...aaah the good old days.

Both my grandfather and father were lefties. My kindergarten teacher was trying to get me to write with my right hand. I went home and Dad caught me trying to do my ABC's with my right hand. He was furious. He went to school and had a talk with my teacher. I got to use my left hand after that. :shock: Dad was the coolest. :D

puddlepirate44
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 23:05
I write, brush my teeth and eat with my left hand, other than that I do nothing lefty. No sports, no cutting, no instruments nothing at all.

I do sports right handed, except throw. Everything else is left, although, like most lefties, I'm almost ambi- from having to use my right hand so much in society. It's kinda cool. It means I rock in Thumb Wrestling with either hand. ;):D

Skrim17
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 23:06
We can't find a single lefty on either side of my family before me. I figure they were all forced to be righties.

Skrim17
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 23:07
When I throw lefty I throw like a girl, I can bat lefty or righty.

misspix
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 23:10
I always wanted to be a lefty....there was one girl in my fifth grade class that was a lefty. Just looked so cool.

short5
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 23:11
I trashed TPBM with "grueling". Is that hard?

Skrim17
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 23:12
Hi Zaney.

short5
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 23:13
Hi Crissa:)

puddlepirate44
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 23:15
We can't find a single lefty on either side of my family before me. I figure they were all forced to be righties.

Before me, there are a ton of lefties. Then it ended. Neither of my kids were lefties. It ends here. :cry: I killed the family tradition!!

When I throw lefty I throw like a girl, I can bat lefty or righty.

I can't throw to save my life. Really. It's embarrassing.

I always wanted to be a lefty....there was one girl in my fifth grade class that was a lefty. Just looked so cool.

Ah, yes. There's just something so becoming about writing with your arm and hand all crooked around. My Dad wrote with perfect posture. Nary a hook to his arm. He could write with real india ink and a caligraphy nibbed pen without smearing the ink. I can't do that. My caligraphy looks great for about two inches, then I drag my left hand through the ink where it turns into a Rorschach ink blot.

Permagrin
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 23:17

I can't find anything re: grueling in any of my shots...I don't even have a shot of "gruel" to post :lol:

puddlepirate44

Well, grueling is hard.... it's grueling. :rolleyes:

The more you say that word, the funnier it gets. Try it. :D

Skrim17
I don't do the lefty curl when I write, my right handed brother does!!

I have one niece and one nephew who are lefties, Eli is a righty.

Night kids!

short5
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 23:19
I edited TPBM

short5
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 23:20
See ya Crissa

Permagrin
Night Crissa :)

I'm off too guys...have fun!

puddlepirate44

I have one niece and one nephew who are lefties, Eli is a righty.

Night kids!

'Nite, Crissa!

misspix
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 23:24
Night Crissa and Lisa...I'm folding as well, toodles!

Permagrin
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 23:26
there Zane, I unblocked it :)

G'night Terri :)
(it was really good to see ya today!)

short5
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 23:29
Tanks Lisa

Athena
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 23:34

And just for the reecord, I'm only familiar with Fiskars...not the Fiskar Freaking Scissors....;)

Anywhere with decent products

They tend to have blunt noses and ergonomic handles. The super stores have stopped carrying anything but Chinese cwap so they may be easier to find at an arts and crafts store

G'MAE all

Matthew is going into 3rd grade. Why on earth should I have to buy his school scissors from a fabric or craft store. They want 5" sharp tipped Fiskars scissors. To be honest, it all baffles me. My kids have always been in private, international schools that cost a fortune and EVERYTHING is supplied for them even pencils and paper. Here they are going to an expensive private school and I have to go out searching office supply stores for specific brands of things that aren't even consumables like rulers, scissors and ear phones! It's unreal. The school is a non-profit organization, surely they could order this stuff en-mass at better rates and include it in the tuition?! :roll: Maybe keep the rulers and scissors and reuse them each year?

Ok - I'm finished (for now). sigh...

edit: Nathan is going into 1st grade in the same school and his list was just as ridiculous. :roll:

Ok - NOW I am done (for now). :)

short5
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 23:42

Clap clap clap, nice rant A.

puddlepirate44
4th of August 2007 (Sat), 23:45
Clap clap clap, nice rant A.

Brava, Athena! Well done. I'm impressed. Just wait until they reach Jr. High and you have to buy them flak jackets and kevlar helmets.

asolie
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 00:00
Hello everyone. :) Here's a sunrise shot I took while in the desert...

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r233/asolie/Events/Teen%20Camp%20Ironwood%202007/Dawn1.jpg

short5
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 00:02
Pretty Alyssa, I like how the bare branches frame the top

puddlepirate44
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 00:06
Hello everyone. :) Here's a sunrise shot I took while in the desert...

Wait... You took your camera gear to camp?! Cool. :D How was camp, anyway?

Great shot, BTW!

asolie
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 00:08
Pretty Alyssa, I like how the bare branches frame the top

Thank you! :D

Wait... You took your camera gear to camp?! Cool. :D How was camp, anyway?

Great shot, BTW!

Thanks! Actually, all I took was the A75 and some batteries for my camera gear. I was way too busy to be taking pics the whole time. Camp was great! :D

short5
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 00:43
Rodeo candid from tonight
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/shortwave5/IMG_7771crp8x12.jpg

short5
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 01:02
Good night *steps out and runs to climb on train as steam engine starts to pull away*

Becky N
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 06:40
Glad you're having fun, Deb!! What did you do today at Newport?

What, Deb was here?:shock: Nobody tells me anything.:(

Before me, there are a ton of lefties. Then it ended. Neither of my kids were lefties. It ends here. :cry: I killed the family tradition!!

My dad was a lefty and had a similar story as you Dan when someone tried to make him use his right hand. Don't worry, none of kids are lefties, but; my nephew is...it skipped one generation.

Curt is also a lefty.:D

So do I, makes for a distinqt backhand slant to my writing.

Athena
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 07:44
Very nice photos Alyssa and Zane. :)

cylentka
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 08:52
GMAE, all. Nice shots overnight again! You're making me want to head west.

We're away from our kitties for a bit, so these shots are therapeutic!

Glad to help, lol. He's a very therapeutic cat. Well, except when he barfs hairballs all over the white carpet, then he's anything but.

Why would the teacher care what brand name is on her scissors?!?

Its a parochial school, I think its a uniformity thing. Or else they don't want people buying the junko brands that break in two weeks.

G'mae all, back from the concert! We had a great time but the band/orchestra wasn't that good!! They usually have great stuff and the woman who books the talent kept walking around going "OMG they sound NOTHING like their press kit!!!" she was really embarrassed. Now mind you they weren't THAT bad, but she is a trained musician and they were not great. There were a lot of seniors int he crown tho and they played real americana and ended with a tribute to the armed forces and then Sousa so they couldn't go wrong. Got a standing ovation even!!
For some reason I'm laughing. Sorry.:confused:

Since Dan didn't hit on this, I have too....New babies are so much cooler than old babies. Much more trainable, not set in their ways...yep, if you're going to have a baby, get a new baby.

There is a lot of wisdom in them words, but I'll spare you the details.;)

Where I live, there's not a lot of traffic. Rush hour consists of four cars at the stop light. Sometimes we have to wait for a John Deere tractor to make its way down the highway causing motorists to be delayed for up to two or three minutes. I say this because one of the things I really miss with vehicular congestion is reading bumper stickers. There are some really good ones out there. "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup" is a good one. "Don't blame me, I voted for Spock" caught my eye.

Then there are those really deep philosophical bumper stickers that make you think. Then there are the ones that are so deep, no one really knows what the heck they mean.

Case in point. I was waiting for a whole minute during rush hour for the light to change. Right around the 45 second mark, I noticed that the Volvo in front of me had a bumper sticker that said, "We All Live Downstream".

I can see the guy that first said that. Standing before a bunch of other people of like minds, he said with all the wisdom in his voice, "For we all live downstream." And everyone within earshot would nod knowingly. They would look at each other and say, "Wow. That was deep. That spoke to me. Think about it, we all live downstream." The other person would also nod and say, "Wow. You're right. Let us never forget that." You ever think that? That people hear these really cool statements, and because they think that it's something deep and meaningful, they will embrace it even though they have no idea what it means.

Then there would be me. Somewhere in the back, wondering when they were going to serve lunch, and I would say, "What? Huh? What's that supposed to mean? We don't all live downstream! That's silly! What about the guy that lives on top of the hill? He's downstream from Nobody! Hey, I may be downstream from some folks, but I'm going to make DARN sure that I'm not downstream from YOU. Bwahahahaha!"

Then I would be thrown out of the room with no lunch and be told that I could not come back until I can fathom the meaning of "downstream".

For an experiment, I put a message in a bottle, sealed it up tight and sent it down the current of a small stream. The message was simple, "Hey, everybody. Do you all really live downstream? If so, contact me at... " and I put my email address.

Just so that you know, not everybody lives downstream, but there are some Oregon Fish and Wildlife cops that live down there that don't like litter.

ROFL. Can't wait til Puds sees a "We are ALL connected" bumper sticker. :D

WTF are Fiskar freaking scissors?!? I could not for the life of me find these today and they are on Matthew's list. (grrr) I didn't try Target though - but I will be going there very soon (if you can confirm they carry them). ;) :)

I got a pair at Target yesterday. Alllie picked out a pair with a very cool design on the handle. She thought it was cool, anyway.

Wow, they want you to get Fiskar's Freaking scissors? Those are rarely in stock. You can usually pick up Fiskar's DagNab scissors almost anywhere for dirt cheap, but the Freaking scissors are harder to find. Good luck on those. Try the Freaking Art Supply store in your area.

The pair we got look a bit freaky.

Allie's list didn't have any specifications, it just said Fiskar scissors. So I got the non-pointy ones for age 5 and up. It is probably a kickback scheme!

ROFL I can just see you doing that. I think you need a "the demons were demanding" title.:D

Ya know, I almost put up a vacation pic of my friend laying in the sun, because to me that looked grueling. For me it would be suicidal.

Matthew is going into 3rd grade. Why on earth should I have to buy his school scissors from a fabric or craft store. They want 5" sharp tipped Fiskars scissors. To be honest, it all baffles me. My kids have always been in private, international schools that cost a fortune and EVERYTHING is supplied for them even pencils and paper. Here they are going to an expensive private school and I have to go out searching office supply stores for specific brands of things that aren't even consumables like rulers, scissors and ear phones! It's unreal. The school is a non-profit organization, surely they could order this stuff en-mass at better rates and include it in the tuition?! Maybe keep the rulers and scissors and reuse them each year?

Ok - I'm finished (for now). sigh...

edit: Nathan is going into 1st grade in the same school and his list was just as ridiculous. :roll:

I had to buy a box of Clorox wipes, a roll of paper towels, a box of Kleenex, plus normal school supplies like crayons (Crayola only), school glue (Elmers only), 3 ring binder, two folders of every color under the rainbow, etc. We did this last year and all the supplies were kept by the teacher and they didn't get to use the ones we bought. And we didn't get any back at the end of the year. She has a desk this year (first grade) so I'm hoping she gets to keep her own stuff. If not, I hope the meanest boy in class gets assigned the pink binder.

A co-worker's kid goes to public school in a different district, and they have to buy all this kind of stuff too. But their PTA buys up lots of the supplies and organizes them in little boxes by class. Then you can buy from them at an increased price, but you don't have to go all over town looking for all the specific brands.

Jamie Holladay
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 08:58
<sounds of aproaching race car>

g'MAE

puddlepirate44
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 09:08
What, Deb was here?:shock: Nobody tells me anything.:(

No, she was... it's in Orego.... she wasn't at... Oh forget it.

GMAE, all. Nice shots overnight again! You're making me want to head west.

OK! :D

*groan*

I had to buy a box of Clorox wipes, a roll of paper towels,....

Every year around this time, we get the "Need Lists" from the different schools in the area and post 'em up around the store. We'll make displays for parents to help with the BTS shopping. I've noticed that every year those lists get longer and longer and more specific in their demands. It gets a bit ridiculous. Some of the stuff they want parents to buy is kinda expensive (we were seriously poor when our kids were little) and/or the things we had to buy, the kids rarely if ever used! But, Oh! they had to have it. We wised up by the time our eldest was in fourth grade. Sometimes you can ask their teacher if there are substitutes for the name brand stuff. If they say there are no substitutes, then tell them to pay for it. :twisted:

cylentka
Morning, Jamie! Nice car. :D

Jamie Holladay
Did the sound of a fast race car scare everyone off or is everyone sleeping in. I have been up since 6:00 am so that I could do THIS (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=358450)

http://www.24zero.com/Nature/BH080507/BH-001-pst.jpg

puddlepirate44
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 09:14

We still get cars with the "Free Tibet" bumper sticker. Now, I'm all for China getting their hands off of Tibet, but I'm not too convinced that the radical and crazy Bumper Sticker Campaign is going to be that thing that's going to tip China to our way of thinking. Like some visiting Chinese diplomat is going to wander into our little university hamlet, see the "Free Tibet" bumper sticker and say, "DANG! I had no idea it was so unpopular! Geez, they have bumper stickers and everything! I better go back right away and give the keys back to Mr. Lama."

Um... no.

cylentka
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 09:15
Every year around this time, we get the "Need Lists" from the different schools in the area and post 'em up around the store. We'll make displays for parents to help with the BTS shopping. I've noticed that every year those lists get longer and longer and more specific in their demands. It gets a bit ridiculous. Some of the stuff they want parents to buy is kinda expensive (we were seriously poor when our kids were little) and/or the things we had to buy, the kids rarely if ever used! But, Oh! they had to have it. We wised up by the time our eldest was in fourth grade. Sometimes you can ask their teacher if there are substitutes for the name brand stuff. If they say there are no substitutes, then tell them to pay for it. :twisted:

My mom (who was also seriously poor) had 5 kids in school and she bought what basic school supplies she could afford and thought was realistic. If the schools complained she gave them an earful. One teacher threatened to not promote one of us (kinda like when you have unpaid book fees) and she went ballistic. We always got promoted. My mom was (and is) one tough woman that you didn't want to mess with.

cylentka
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 09:18
Did the sound of a fast race car scare everyone off or is everyone sleeping in. I have been up since 6:00 am so that I could do THIS (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=358450)

Nice Jamie. My cat won't even pose that nicely. And yes, I did sleep in. We had a nice steady rain this morning so I opened the window at 4am and slept soundly til 9am! I don't think I've slept that late since the kid was born.

Jamie Holladay
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 09:19
My mom (who was also seriously poor) had 5 kids in school and she bought what basic school supplies she could afford and thought was realistic. If the schools complained she gave them an earful. One teacher threatened to not promote one of us (kinda like when you have unpaid book fees) and she went ballistic. We always got promoted. My mom was (and is) one tough woman that you didn't want to mess with.
Well this is the way I see buying stuff for schools: I pay enough taxes and all the Blue Hairs here were bused in to vote no for the Lottery (wheather or not it would have help the schools that much or not) that I should not have to buy any thing but pencils and notebook paper. Buying TP and wipes and paper towels etc is a crock. But I better stop now before I get political and a Mod locks our beloved thread.

cylentka
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 09:20
We still get cars with the "Free Tibet" bumper sticker. Now, I'm all for China getting their hands off of Tibet, but I'm not too convinced that the radical and crazy Bumper Sticker Campaign is going to be that thing that's going to tip China to our way of thinking. Like some visiting Chinese diplomat is going to wander into our little university hamlet, see the "Free Tibet" bumper sticker and say, "DANG! I had no idea it was so unpopular! Geez, they have bumper stickers and everything! I better go back right away and give the keys back to Mr. Lama."

Um... no.

It gives your kar good karma to have such a sticker.

And one of my favorite bumper stickers: "My karma ran over your dogma".

Jamie Holladay
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 09:20
Nice Jamie. My cat won't even pose that nicely. And yes, I did sleep in. We had a nice steady rain this morning so I opened the window at 4am and slept soundly til 9am! I don't think I've slept that late since the kid was born.
Thanks. I wanted to sleep in but I had a urge to go out and shoot so I let that take control. After laundry today I will take a nap.

puddlepirate44
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 09:23
"My karma ran over your dogma".

:lol::lol::lol:

I haven't seen that one yet!

Jamie Holladay
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 09:53
One more GBH

http://www.24zero.com/Nature/BH080507/BH-006-pst.jpg

cylentka
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 09:55
I like it, Jamie! I think its well-composed, yet subtle.

Athena
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 09:56
I got a pair at Target yesterday. Alllie picked out a pair with a very cool design on the handle. She thought it was cool, anyway.Excellent information. Thanks Wanda. I will be in Target later today to get these. I saw a left handed pair on their website (I do admit they are cool looking scissors - I just hate feeling conrolled by a list and I am in non money spending mode right now). I need to see if Matthew uses his left hand with scissors...

I had to buy a box of Clorox wipes, a roll of paper towels, a box of Kleenex, plus normal school supplies like crayons (Crayola only), school glue (Elmers only), 3 ring binder, two folders of every color under the rainbow, etc. We did this last year and all the supplies were kept by the teacher and they didn't get to use the ones we bought. And we didn't get any back at the end of the year. She has a desk this year (first grade) so I'm hoping she gets to keep her own stuff. If not, I hope the meanest boy in class gets assigned the pink binder.
We are only going to be at this school for 6 weeks of class time. We better get some of the stuff back! I think I'll put the kids names on everything. ;) Especially the earphones and scissors. Nathan's list includes "flushable wet wipes". lol

Jamie Holladay
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 09:57
I like it, Jamie! I think its well-composed, yet subtle.
Thanks. That is as close as I could get to him with the range I have. He is out on a little island. I was thinking he/she blends a little too much?

Jamie Holladay
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 09:58
Morning Athena.

Athena
My favorite bumper sticker is "Mean People Suck"
I'm not much of a sticker person though. I think the only sticker I've ever had on my car is a Wildlife Fund one and it was just one of those removeable on the glass things. :)

Athena
Hi Jamie. :D

Jamie Holladay
Hey Dan where is Lisa. I shot something for here today as well. I want to post it but I want to make sure she is here before I do?

cylentka
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:01
Thanks. That is as close as I could get to him with the range I have. He is out on a little island. I was thinking he/she blends a little too much?

It does blend in, but I like it that way. That's the way nature is, after all.

puddlepirate44
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:10
My favorite bumper sticker is "Mean People Suck"
I'm not much of a sticker person though. I think the only sticker I've ever had on my car is a Wildlife Fund one and it was just one of those removeable on the glass things. :)

For some reason, I've never put bumper stickers on my car. Personally, I think a bunch of stickers on the back looks unkempt, not that I'm the cleanest person, but it just makes the car look a bit junky. I've got bumper stickers, but they never seem to make it to the bumper.

Hey Dan where is Lisa. I shot something for here today as well. I want to post it but I want to make sure she is here before I do?

She's not here.... yet.... But she will be in about an hour!

Jamie Holladay
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:10
Yeah I guess you have a point there Wanda.

Jamie Holladay
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:11
She's not here.... yet.... But she will be in about an hour!
I'll go ahead and post it if you promise you will get her to look at it.

Miniflash
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:12
gmae everyone ~
hi wanda ..
hi dan N?ewport was fun~ we ate at shirleys out on the deck and had a great walk at the beach and shops ..then we called my bro and he and his wife came here so we had a mini family reunion it was all fun~~~~~oh and i got to see sea lions at the docks ..

Jamie Holladay
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:13
gmae everyone ~
hi wanda ..
hi dan N?ewport was fun~ we ate at shirleys out on the deck and had a great walk at the beach and shops ..then we called my bro and he and his wife came here so we had a mini family reunion it was all fun~~~~~oh and i got to see sea lions at the docks ..
Sounds like you are having fun Deb.

Jamie Holladay
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:13
Dan just show this to Lisa when she get back

http://www.24zero.com/Nature/ducky/Ducky-Permi.jpg

puddlepirate44
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:16
gmae everyone ~
hi wanda ..

Sounds great, Deb!! Looks like you're doing Newport the right way. What fun!

Awww, look at the face!! She's going to melt when she sees this little guy!

webcrawlur
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:17
g'mae everyone, wow my first post here since the new thread. I have read every page though. That would be some multi-quote post that would set a record, unfortunately I'm not up to the task. Hope everyone is doing well, here's my flower, I took it on my recent 40th birthday...;)
40 came too fast.:confused:

cylentka
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:19
gmae everyone ~
hi wanda ..

Hi Deb! Glad to hear you are having so much fun. :)

Awwww

misspix
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:20
And one of my favorite bumper stickers: "My karma ran over your dogma".
:lol::lol::lol:

Jamie: Great GBH shots! I love the second one for it's mystery.
Oh, and nice duck :twisted: Lisa will love it I'm sure!

G'mae all, just here for a quick bit, off to a family bbq out at Laverne Park :D

misspix
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:21
STEVE!!!!

You have been missed :) Nice columbines and happy 40th. It's all downhill from here :lol:

Jamie Holladay
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:21
I out to do laundry and tidey up the house. later.
<exits with the sound of a HKS SSQ Blow Off valve>

cylentka
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:22
g'mae everyone, wow my first post here since the new thread. I have read every page though. That would be some multi-quote post that would set a record, unfortunately I'm not up to the task. Hope everyone is doing well, here's my flower, I took it on my recent 40th birthday...;)
40 came too fast.:confused:

Hey, welcome back! Nice flower shot. :) Don't worry, the 40s are fun. :D

cylentka
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:24
and happy 40th. It's all downhill from here :lol:

Downhill is fun if you do it right! You don't ski uphill do ya? Was it more fun to ride your bike uphill or downhill? Remember sledding at the park? Downhill rocks!! :D (always wear your helmet)

webcrawlur
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:25
STEVE!!!!

You have been missed :) Nice columbines and happy 40th. It's all downhill from here :lol:

Hey, welcome back! Nice flower shot. :) Don't worry, the 40s are fun. :D

Thanks guys, I look forward to the downhill part, lol. Lot's of fun, eh?:lol:

Miniflash
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:25
nice shot Steve

Miniflash
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:28
hey maybe tonight i'll get some of my pics upkoaded ..lol maybe not ..
Well I need to get going soon gotta play hard~~
Glad you got the scissor thing sorted out ..lol
Have a great day back again soon BYE~~~~~~~~~~

misspix
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:28
Downhill is fun if you do it right! You don't ski uphill do ya? Was it more fun to ride your bike uphill or downhill? Remember sledding at the park? Downhill rocks!! :D (always wear your helmet)
Oh fer shur! Never meant to imply otherwise ;) they aren't called the fabulous forties for nuttin'! :D (do I hafta wear my helmet *whine*)

misspix
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:30
Well, tis time to prepare for The Day of Family :D

C'yas!

misspix
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:30
ooooooooh, on Three even :)

cylentka
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:35
hey maybe tonight i'll get some of my pics upkoaded ..lol maybe not ..
Well I need to get going soon gotta play hard~~
Glad you got the scissor thing sorted out ..lol
Have a great day back again soon BYE~~~~~~~~~~

Bye, Deb!

Oh fer shur! Never meant to imply otherwise ;) they aren't called the fabulous forties for nuttin'! :D (do I hafta wear my helmet *whine*)

Yes, dear, you HAVE to wear your helmet!

Well, tis time to prepare for The Day of Family :D

C'yas!

Have fun!

ooooooooh, on Three even :)

Dang she's fast! See why I make her wear her helmet. ;)

jbarclay
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:39
G'MAE enerybody.

I see Steve finally made an appearance. Nice flower Steve. You know we have to do some talking to Lonnie, he sounds like he is trying to talk himself out of the Colorado trip this fall.

Becky N
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:40
Alllie picked out a pair with a very cool design on the handle. She thought it was cool, anyway.

I had to buy a box of Clorox wipes,

I think just to be a meanie head, you should send the kids end with the decorative edge scissors;) j/k of course. Clorox wipes, granted keeping colds and flus down is important, but; do you ever wonder how all of us survived before all the antibacterial stuff, bike helmets, etc? By rights we should all be dead.

g'mae everyone,

STEVE!!!! *waving* good to see you. 40 is great, 50 is even better, IMHO each year each day is great when you consider the alternative.:D Very nice flowers.

Jamie beautiful job on the GBH. Zane, nice candid, was that during the National Anthem or was there a moment of silence? Twink is a cool cat and I like the shots you get of him, Wanda.

webcrawlur
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:41
Hi Deb,
(look Zane):D
here's a couple of shots from last evenings rodeo, I get to go again today.:D

jbarclay
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:45
Steve, that second shot looks like it's going to get messy pretty quick, probably leave a mark too. :lol:

webcrawlur
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:46
G'MAE enerybody.

I see Steve finally made an appearance. Nice flower Steve. You know we have to do some talking to Lonnie, he sounds like he is trying to talk himself out of the Colorado trip this fall.Thanks Jack, he better snap out of it, time's a wastin', won't be long for the snow, ya know...

STEVE!!!! *waving* good to see you. 40 is great, 50 is even better, IMHO each year each day is great when you consider the alternative.:D Very nice flowers.

Hi Becky, glad your performances went well. I have some more crazy cloud pictures I have to get around to posting on the cloud thread.:D

wu_wei0
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:47
40 is great, 50 is even better, IMHO each year each day is great when you consider the alternative.:D
40s were fairly horrid (except this lat year) but I do hear 50s are awesome! Had a palmist tell me that my best years would be in my 60s and 70s. Truthfully, I'm tired of waiting!:lol::lol:

thomascanty
but; do you ever wonder how all of us survived before all the antibacterial stuff

Honestly, I think we survived because we didn't have that. Our bodies were attacked by the germs and viruses and our immune systems learned and adapted.

Kids today don't have that chance, and now we have thousands of kids running around who could die if a single peanut is in the same room as them. Or all those with wheat/grain allergies, and countless other allergies like that. Who ever heard of anything like that when we were growing up? We could pack a PB&J sandwich in our lunch box without worrying we might end up killing the kid sitting next to us in the cafeteria... :rolleyes:

jbarclay
Lisa, as I was catching up this morning, I saw the Rendezvous shots you posted, very nice.

webcrawlur
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:50
Steve, that second shot looks like it's going to get messy pretty quick, probably leave a mark too. :lol:
That was one tough cowboy, he stayed on through all that;) here are two of the next three shots, missed the focus on one so I didn't process it, lol.

jbarclay
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:50
TD, the shots of the coast you posted were very good also. I liked the first one of the boat plowing through surf, that was awesome.

thomascanty
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:51
You know we have to do some talking to Lonnie, he sounds like he is trying to talk himself out of the Colorado trip this fall.

More like trying to talk myself into it. I just need to figure out what has me in such a funk right now and fix it...

wu_wei0
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:52
More like trying to talk myself into it. I just need to figure out what has me in such a funk right now and fix it...
eat more steak

webcrawlur
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:52
Hi Lonnie, maybe it has something to do with your diet.:confused:

webcrawlur
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:53
Hi Wu.:D

jbarclay
Lonnie, did you hear what Steve said about the snow flying? You should get started on those trip plans while there's still good weather. ;) :) Or before you talk yourself out of it completely

webcrawlur
My first three... rats, foiled by Jack....

wu_wei0
Hi Wu.:D
Hey Steve! How's tricks?

EDIT: Happy Birthday! Don't worry-40s can be good as long as you aren't living in Heck and you do have some good friends to share time with! I think I'm gonna really like how 50 looks and feels on me!

Athena
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:54
Happy 40th Steve! Gorgeous flower photo (love the colors!) to celebrate it with too. :)

webcrawlur
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:55
Hey Steve! How's tricks?
Sorry Wu, tricks?:confused:

webcrawlur
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:55
Hi Athena, thanks...;)

webcrawlur
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:56
Another dumb try for three... oh ya.....

jbarclay
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:56
Oh well second time is a charm ;)

webcrawlur
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:57
Oh well second time is a charm ;)
or keep trying, hey you edited, lol.

thomascanty
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:57
eat more steak

http://www.ldphotography.net/Smilies/rotfl.gif

Hi Lonnie, maybe it has something to do with your diet.:confused:

My diet hasn't changed much over the past few years... I doubt that's it.

Lonnie, did you hear what Steve said about the snow flying?

You mean when I was asking him about it a couple days ago? Or is this something more recent that I missed?

wu_wei0
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 10:59
Sorry Wu, tricks?:confused:
How's life treating you? Loved the flowers, BTW.
http://www.ldphotography.net/Smilies/rotfl.gif

My diet hasn't changed much over the past few years... I doubt that's it.

Re-read my advice. Your diet may totally be it!

jbarclay
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:00
You mean when I was asking him about it a couple days ago? Or is this something more recent that I missed?

He just mentioned it again, a few posts back. Anyway times a wasting. I was supposed to go to thye mountains this weekend, but things didn't work out. I intended to show you some pics, thinking that might be what you needed. ;)

Maybe Steve can did up some great mountain scenery shots that will do the trick.

thomascanty
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:00
Maxy Update: I just now finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. That is all. Resume your normal, every day lives...

webcrawlur
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:02
How's life treating you? Loved the flowers, BTW.

Life has been good, thanks for asking. My flowers want to be like yours, I have to practice more. Have you settled in to your new home yet? More photo ops for sure, eh?;) I'm waiting for new flower pic's from your new area.:D

thomascanty
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:04
He just mentioned it again, a few posts back.

Nope, I apparently overlooked that little mention. He also said this morning was his first post in this new thread... So, was it you I was talking about that with recently?

I thought I still had at least a good month and a half before snow would be a concern...

thomascanty
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:06
Re-read my advice. Your diet may totally be it!

Are you sure you really mean the diet and not something else?

webcrawlur
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:06
I thought I still had at least a good month and a half before snow would be a concern...
Lonnie, at the rate you're going, it will go by fast, snap out of that funk boy, lol.

webcrawlur
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:08
Maybe Steve can dig up some great mountain scenery shots that will do the trick.
How's this...

thomascanty
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:08
Lonnie, at the rate you're going, it will go by fast, snap out of that funk boy, lol.

I very rarely plan ahead for a trip more than a week or two in advance. Sometimes I only give myself a couple days before I leave.

Permagrin
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:10

http://www.24zero.com/Nature/ducky/Ducky-Permi.jpg

awww, now that's a CUTE duckling :)

What a perfect capture of a little guy Jamie (if they all looked like this I'd be fine!)

G'mae everyone :) I'm only on for a second...got a lot on the schedule today...

And thanks, Jack!

Permagrin
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:12
oh and Happy 40th Steve! :)

webcrawlur
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:14
oh and Happy 40th Steve! :)
Thanks Lisa.

I must have missed the duck shot from Jamie, definite awwww factor.;)

short5
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:21
Zane, nice candid, was that during the National Anthem or was there a moment of silence? During the "cowboy prayer" thing, cowboys seem to pray a lot. I guess if I was about to climb on a bull I might say a little something too.

Had a palmist tell me that my best years would be in my 60s and 70s. Truthfully, I'm tired of waiting!:lol::lol: Hi Wu

eat more steakI love you Wu:lol:

STEVE welcome back we thought for sure you were squished

webcrawlur
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:26
STEVE welcome back we thought for sure you were squished
The size of this new thread sure squished me and kept me out of the loop for a while, I just caught up today, lol.

How did the rodeo go last night? I'm going again today. This time I'll make sure my batteries are charged and the cards are empty, lol. Didn't get to shoot as long as I wanted to.:lol:

Skrim17
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:28
Steve!!! Glad to see you here, where have you been??

Nice flower and rodeo shots.

Zane I loved the praying cowboys you posted last night, great candid.

webcrawlur
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:30
Thanks Crissa, I've been here all along just trying to catch up, that's what happens when you miss a few days and have to read every post, lol.;)

Athena
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:34
Maxy Update: I just now finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. That is all. Resume your normal, every day lives...

who dies? :shock: :D

Skrim17
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:38
I've not read any of the HP books, perhaps I should start.

short5
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:41
How did the rodeo go last night?
Good but it starts at 7PM so I am quickly shooting 800ISO and end up with 3200ISO which looks rough.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/shortwave5/IMG_7858a.jpg

Skrim17
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:42
Is that your 100-400 Zane?

short5
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:50
You got to love the entertainment between bull rides. This is the ring of fire. They paint an 8' orange circle on the ground for each 2 man team. Then they let a bull loose. The idea is to lure him over to your ring and stand in it at the same time the bull does which is good for a point. The winning team gets $100. The losers often get a ride to the hospital, occasionally in a helicopter:shock:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/shortwave5/IMG_7805a.jpg

T.D.
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:51
TD, the shots of the coast you posted were very good also. I liked the first one of the boat plowing through surf, that was awesome.

Thanks!!

I was in the right place at the right time.

short5
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:51
Is that your 100-400 Zane?

No the 70-200 at 800iso

webcrawlur
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:56
No the 70-200 at 800iso
Great shots as usual Zane. The exiff on that one says 3200iso:shock:, it doesn't look rough on my end. Wowsers... That's hardly any noise...;)

T.D.
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:58

STOP IT! :evil:

I'm only on chapter 15!:lol:

jbarclay
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:59
Zane and Steve, those rodeo shots look good.

Zane that sounds like a tough way to make some money to me. It sure was nice of them to get those guys RED flak vests. ;)

Athena
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 11:59
Sorry TD - I didn't know anyone else is reading it. Lonnie - PM me. ;) :D

short5
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 12:06
It sure was nice of them to get those guys RED flak vests. ;)
:lol: nice eh?

Athena
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 12:10
I'd want a body vest!

thomascanty
5th of August 2007 (Sun), 12:10

Lots o' people. It's a pretty bloody book...

(Did you really want to know? I can PM it. If I can remember everyone...)