PDA

View Full Version : The 2nd official Random Discussion For TPBM Photo's and Photographers Thread (2)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124

cfpackerfan
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:07
:lol: :lol:

puddlepirate44
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:07
Isn't it past your bedtime?:rolleyes::p

Heck no. I'm up for at least another hour! :D

Actually, I'm supposed to be doing something other than irritating you right now. It's just that this is so much more fun. ;)

cfpackerfan
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:09
And it's fun for the bystanders too. :lol:

T.D.
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:09
Heck no. I'm up for at least another hour! :D

Actually, I'm supposed to be doing something other than irritating you right now. It's just that this is so much more fun. ;)

Well, as a favor to Permie and your FSIL, I'm going to the grocery store. So now you have no excuses. You've got to get to work! :p:p:p:p

T.D.
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:10
And it's fun for the bystanders too. :lol:

Please don't encourage this behavior.

Really.

He doesn't need any encouragement.

Seriously.

Please stop.

;):p;):p;):p;)

cfpackerfan
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:11
Please don't encourage this behavior.

Really.

He doesn't need any encouragement.

Seriously.

Please stop.

:p;):p;):p;)

Every party has a pooper. That's why we invited you. :p :lol:

puddlepirate44
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:15
Well, as a favor to Permie and your FSIL, I'm going to the grocery store. So now you have no excuses. You've got to get to work! :p:p:p:p

meany head.
;)

Athena
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:20
:shock: :shock:

that is SO WRONG! :evil:

Conspiring fibbers, all of you!

:p:p:p:p

He's such a meany head. I'm sorry, Athena. You just can't turn your back on him for a second.

Ya know what's WORSE - I still don't have a bag. :( I tried to order the photo insert for my crumpler bag and several days later Adorama emailed me to say it's out of stock and they aren't reordering. That sucks.

Athena
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:21
Oh! BECKY - I wanted to tell you that your train photos are really nice. I love the colors! :)

Becky N
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:22
It's back to work tomorrow and month-end so I best be getting some sleep. Catch you sometime tomorrow.

Becky N
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:23
Thanks, Athena...now...*POOF*

short5
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:24
Bye Becky

puddlepirate44
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:25
'Nite, Becky. I liked your train shots, too. I'm just too lame to comment on it until you're off to bed. :rolleyes:

short5
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:38
In your best zombie voice say "give us carrots, the carrots, we want carrots"
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/shortwave5/Walk026pp.jpg

cfpackerfan
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:40
:lol: :lol: ROFL!

So did you? Did you give them carrots?? Or are you one of them now?? :shock:

cfpackerfan
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:40
I'm pretty sure Marq is sticking his tongue out at you. :lol:

short5
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:42
He is and they did eventually get carrots but here they were being brats and charging me for them. I was walking backward shooting.

puddlepirate44
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:47
He is and they did eventually get carrots but here they were being brats and charging me for them. I was walking backward shooting.

I can see them doing that!! Too funny!

Athena
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:48

Fresh out...um...how 'bout apples? ;)

short5
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:52
Fresh out...um...how 'bout apples? ;) They love apples but are really drooly eating them. A drooly dog gets drool on the floor a drooly horse gets it on your head.

short5
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:52
Speaking of tongues

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/shortwave5/OpeningCubbing07003crp2.jpg

cfpackerfan
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:54
musician (classically trained pianist and self taught guitarist)

Venture out a bit, and see what I find??

I did not know this. Cool beans.

Puds, your wife rocks. ;)

puddlepirate44
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:55

Indeed she does. Coolest ever.

short5
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:55
Permi is:shock:?

short5
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:56
I want to hear utoob her:)

puddlepirate44
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:57
Permi is:shock:?

Yup. And really good, too.

T.D.
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:57
Every party has a pooper. That's why we invited you. :p :lol:

Um, do I need to get out the Fishy? :p

meany head.
;)

Did you work on it at all while I was gone??

Ya know what's WORSE - I still don't have a bag. :( I tried to order the photo insert for my crumpler bag and several days later Adorama emailed me to say it's out of stock and they aren't reordering. That sucks.

Kharma for the fib. Just saying.

puddlepirate44
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:59
Did you work on it at all while I was gone??

yeah, I almost got a whole page done. :o

wu_wei0
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 22:59

Yep-- she got all the talent n the fambly.

short5
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:00
Yup. And really good, too.

Amazing pair you two.

puddlepirate44
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:01

uh-huh. Right. :rolleyes:

Amazing pair you two.

She's got the lion's share, trust me.

short5
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:01

With a Wu like you who needs talent;)

wu_wei0
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:03
uh-huh. Right. :rolleyes:
You don't see me playing an instrument any more, or singing, or even taking a picture. I tell ya- she got it all. :) I had some on loan for a little tiny bit but when the time was up it all went away.

She's amazing!

wu_wei0
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:03
With a Wu like you who needs talent;):)
Thanks sweet Zane;)

wu_wei0
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:04
Tell your sweetheart Happy Birthday from me, too

whoa! three without trying!

short5
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:05
I will when she wakes

Athena
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:08
Kharma for the fib. Just saying.You know, it's not a fib. Is your meany head memory that bad?? You posted a really nice NEW backpack picture (keen was it?) when we were talking about the color concerns with the Tammy lens we all have. I asked if you had any bags to sell, you did not. Or so you said... You sure you wanna discuss karma and the fishy? :confused:

short5
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:09
The owls are in my yard again:D

Athena
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:10
Eek! The owls are out. That means it's bedtime for NONfibbing bagless girls. Nite all. ;)

puddlepirate44
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:12
You know, it's not a fib. Is your meany head memory that bad?? You posted a really nice NEW backpack picture (keen was it?) when we were talking about the color concerns with the Tammy lens we all have. I asked if you had any bags to sell, you did not. Or so you said... You sure you wanna discuss karma and the fishy? :confused:

*note to self: Athena remembers everything.*

short5
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:13
Good night Athena

puddlepirate44
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:14
An excerpt from tonight's work: (this is a poor man's way of copyrighting work.)

Let’s assume that you write the following vow: “I love you lots. I love you more than my car. I love you more than *gasp* Football. I would rather give up my entire collection of the 1978 J.C. Penney Boxer Linen Series than lose you. I would even *sweat, gulp, knee wobble* downgrade my graphics card in my computer if you asked me to.”

Now, every guy in attendance will be thinking one of the following things, “Whoa” , “He’s in crazy love,” “Whoa,” “That’s out of control,” “Whoa,” “He’s just overly emotional due to lack of sleep. He doesn’t really mean all that. He can’t mean it,” “Whoa,” “He has the 1978 Linen Series? Why didn’t I know about that?” or “Whoa.” Every guy will immediately see the severity of your statements. Every guy will be agast and in wonder over the amount of emotion it took to write and then actually say it in front of others. Every guy.

Of course, every girl in attendance will think that was the dorkiest thing ever written.

Here’s the problem, although incredible in its sincerity, it lacks that certain “oomph” for a proper vow. There are some words and/or phrases that need to be used in order to have a properly romantic vow. Here’s a list:
-Bottom of my heart
-Soul
-With all that is within me
-the air I breathe
-all encompassing
-forever bright
-neverending
-Truly, Madly, Deeply
-Depths
-light in your eyes
-until my dying day

This list, which is by no means exhaustive, will be a good start of your written vow. In truth, if all you did was to go up to the altar and just read that list, 68% of the women in attendance will swoon, and of that 68%, nearly 99% will elbow their date in the ribs and whisper, “Why don’t you use words like that?”

wu_wei0
The owls are in my yard again:D
are they practicing again?

wu_wei0
Eek! The owls are out. That means it's bedtime for NONfibbing bagless girls. Nite all. ;)
Good night Athena

short5
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:18
are they practicing again?

They were, quite franticly, but only for a minute or two and now they are gone or quiet.

wu_wei0
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:18
An excerpt from tonight's work: (this is a poor man's way of copyrighting work.)

Let’s assume that you write the following vow: “I love you lots. I love you more than my car. I love you more than *gasp* Football. I would rather give up my entire collection of the 1978 J.C. Penney Boxer Linen Series than lose you. I would even *sweat, gulp, knee wobble* downgrade my graphics card in my computer if you asked me to.”

Now, every guy in attendance will be thinking one of the following things, “Whoa” , “He’s in crazy love,” “Whoa,” “That’s out of control,” “Whoa,” “He’s just overly emotional due to lack of sleep. He doesn’t really mean all that. He can’t mean it,” “Whoa,” “He has the 1978 Linen Series? Why didn’t I know about that?” or “Whoa.” Every guy will immediately see the severity of your statements. Every guy will be agast and in wonder over the amount of emotion it took to write and then actually say it in front of others. Every guy.

Of course, every girl in attendance will think that was the dorkiest thing ever written.

Here’s the problem, although incredible in its sincerity, it lacks that certain “oomph” for a proper vow. There are some words and/or phrases that need to be used in order to have a properly romantic vow. Here’s a list:
-Bottom of my heart
-Soul
-With all that is within me
-the air I breathe
-all encompassing
-forever bright
-neverending
-Truly, Madly, Deeply
-Depths
-light in your eyes
-until my dying day

This list, which is by no means exhaustive, will be a good start of your written vow. In truth, if all you did was to go up to the altar and just read that list, 68% of the women in attendance will swoon, and of that 68%, nearly 99% will elbow their date in the ribs and whisper, “Why don’t you use words like that?”

Will you allow me to share this excerpt with Joshua?

I can't wait til the book is done! Maybe it will be on the shelves before my last single one marries!

wu_wei0
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:19
They were, quite franticly, but only for a minute or two and now they are gone or quiet.refractory period-- otherwise known as nap time :D

T.D.
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:19
You know, it's not a fib. Is your meany head memory that bad?? You posted a really nice NEW backpack picture (keen was it?) when we were talking about the color concerns with the Tammy lens we all have. I asked if you had any bags to sell, you did not. Or so you said... You sure you wanna discuss karma and the fishy? :confused:

I remember the posting about my new backpack, but I honestly don't remember anything about other bags.:confused:

Here's the post in question (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3747565&postcount=9643). I don't see anything about you asking if I wanted to sell one!

puddlepirate44
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:24
Will you allow me to share this excerpt with Joshua?

I can't wait til the book is done! Maybe it will be on the shelves before my last single one marries!

OK, if you want. :o

Hopefully, I'll have this done and Blurbed by the end of the month.

short5
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:27
refractory period-- otherwise known as nap time :D

I know it well

short5
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:32
I am out until the next time, bye. *pulls hood up on black jacket and disappears into heavy fog*

wu_wei0
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:44
I am out until the next time, bye. *pulls hood up on black jacket and disappears into heavy fog*

*wistfully waves goodbye to zane*

Sorry I missed your exit

wu_wei0
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:45

Hopefully, I'll have this done and Blurbed by the end of the month.

Thank you! It'll give him a smile. This whole wedding thing is about to wear him through

cfpackerfan
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:51
An excerpt from tonight's work:

THAT is awesome!! :lol: :lol: LOVE it.

Hopefully, I'll have this done and Blurbed by the end of the month. Let me know when it's done. Will it be available for us to buy?? I want one for my boys.

I am out until the next time, bye. *pulls hood up on black jacket and disappears into heavy fog* Spooky. :shock:

puddlepirate44
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:57
THAT is awesome!! :lol: :lol: LOVE it.

Let me know when it's done. Will it be available for us to buy?? I want one for my boys.

Spooky. :shock:

I'm not too sure how Blurb works. Lisa knows more about this than I do. The object is to make it available for people to buy if they really want to. As for the cost, I have no idea what it would be; I think it all depends on how long it winds up being. It's kinda getting out of control here.:o

cfpackerfan
3rd of September 2007 (Mon), 23:59
I'm not too sure how Blurb works. Lisa knows more about this than I do. The object is to make it available for people to buy if they really want to. As for the cost, I have no idea what it would be; I think it all depends on how long it winds up being. It's kinda getting out of control here.:o

YAY!! Can't wait to see the completed product.
Put me on the list of potential buyers. :mrgreen:

cfpackerfan
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 00:40
THIS (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=372444) link is for Terri. Didn't want you to miss it. ;)

cfpackerfan
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 00:42
And THIS (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=372427) link is for Zane. :lol:

Yeah, I'm browsing the forums tonight. :lol:

misspix
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 00:45
:lol: :shock: BECKY IS CREAMY!!!!!
*tosses confetti* :D Hooray!

sorry we are so lame *hangs head in shame*
HOLY CRAP CAT!! WE DID MISS IT!
And with such a CREAMY photo.

We suck.
Yep.
I just finished posting some Puddle in Trouble shots and thought I'd link 'em here if you wanna see

most recent PIT shots
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3836155&postcount=9732

vintage PIT shots
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3836263&postcount=9742
R O F L M A O!!!!
TR's

Adventures with Jim: Chubby Pancakes!

Adventures with Jim: Boring Boys Rise Again!

Heeheheheheheheheheheehheeeeheheheheheheheheh!
G'MAE all!

I'm popping out of lurk mode 'cause I have the next week off and maybe I can keep up a little bit! :lol:

First thing on the agenda is to clean out my garden which was completely neglected this summer while I took care of Magilla (who is 100% btw :D ). The other project is a day at one of my schools taking photos!! :D The principal wants some shots of the kids that they can include in the school newsletter. I did a similar project a while back for another school and had a total blast. Complete and total free reign to wander the halls of an elementary school!
Hi Beth! Long time no see.
Lonnie! you look quite nice w/o hair :)
Agreed :D

Hullo all-just returned from the family adventure and not anywhere near caught up *yawn* I am as far as I can go until tomorrow.
Sweet dreams!

cfpackerfan
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 00:49
You've been missed, Terri. Hope you had fun. :D

Pete
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 03:30
since im getting a flash what accessories are recomended as well as tips:

Read here, Maxy, I think this technique will suit you. Really important to realise that the flash shouldn't provide ALL of the light for your exposures, use as little as you need....

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=369787

Remember I'm NOT a professional, yet; I tried this at home. The lighter blue didn't have the grey I was looking for and the trim I can't bring out the blue in PP. There are some touch-ups that need to be done. Otherwise, I'm going to let it weather a couple of seasons and see if it grows on me or not:

I think it will grow on you. I like that deck. I can see myself leaning on it and drinking a beer at the end of the day.

All right Beefy. Here are my needs. Meet them.

100-400mm
135L - I LOVE this lens!!!! Linky (http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/large/IMG_7288.jpg)
85 1.8
5D

Ooooh. Hosses of the Corn!!!

Hullo all-just returned from the family adventure and not anywhere near caught up *yawn* I am as far as I can go until tomorrow.
Sweet dreams!

Welcome back, Terri...!! :D

Athena
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 05:38
Yes, I use all of the bags. :lol::lol:

I can see the problem was that I am not direct enough. :rolleyes:

sorry TD - you're not a meany head. :cool:

Pete
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 05:53
GMAE Athena.

I'm printing out and reading 100's of pages of documention for my next project.

Oh sweet joy.

Athena
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 06:01
Howdy Pete. :)

100 pages of documentation? Hmmm.... Is it interesting reading or is this going to be a task you must force yourself to do?

Pete
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 06:03
No, it's not interesting it all. It's 300 pages of functional and technical design documents for a CRM system that I'll be getting involved in this month. I'm struggling to read through it and understand at least some of it before I start work.

wu_wei0
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 06:27
No, it's not interesting it all. It's 300 pages of functional and technical design documents for a CRM system that I'll be getting involved in this month. I'm struggling to read through it and understand at least some of it before I start work.

Boy, the memories that brings!

Athena
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 06:31
Sounds like a horrid task Pete. I hope you can manage through it quickly. :)

Becky N
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 07:10
'Nite, Becky. I liked your train shots, too. I'm just too lame to comment on it until you're off to bed.

You know I tossed and turned all night wondering "What was wrong with my shots, Dan never mentioned a word, something horrible must be wrong with them.":p

I'm not too sure how Blurb works. Lisa knows more about this than I do. The object is to make it available for people to buy if they really want to.

Put me on the list of people to notifiy when it is available, please.

I like that deck. I can see myself leaning on it and drinking a beer at the end of the day.

Come on over and test it out, there is cold beer in the fridge.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I wouldn't last 5 minutes trying to read that I'd be asleep trying to comprehend the first paragraph and that would be after reading it at least 5 times.

Becky N
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 07:10
Oh, sorry. G'MAE good foks.

Guineh
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 07:15
Ghhh..

I'm at work and I feel like crap.

Stupid cold thing seems to be more and more like a stupid flu thing. Sucks.

Pete
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 07:19
Grow a beard... It keeps your face warm!! :D

Pete
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 07:20
Come on over and test it out, there is cold beer in the fridge.

Thanks, I think I need one already!!

Skrim17
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 07:59
That sucks Mike, hope the wife and little one stay un-sick. Have lots of fluids and take something, I like thera-flu.

Miniflash
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 08:07
Gmae folks .
Nice trains Becky ~looked like a fun thing to photograph was it?
Crissa back to work today?
Becky the deck looks nice love that copper railing >>>>Deb loves copper stuff<<<<
Maxy good for you getting some nice gifts ...friends here are so giving and nice :)
pssssssssssst even the meany heads

cylentka
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 08:12
GMAE all

Hey, Crissa did school start today?

T.D.
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 08:27
And THIS (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=372427) link is for Zane. :lol:

Yeah, I'm browsing the forums tonight. :lol:

Cat, those are absolutely awesome shots! Thanks for sharing the link!!

I can see the problem was that I am not direct enough. :rolleyes:

sorry TD - you're not a meany head. :cool:

:D Thanks Athena! ;)

Miniflash
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 09:49
All kinda Quiet here so far ...tip toeing out of the room to wonder the halls .

BearLeeAlive
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 10:01
Good Day Everyone.

Hi Deb, it does seem slow in here this morn. I am around my computer today but as usual must commit a bunch of time to work stuff.

Athena
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 10:09
I'm here, sort of. Running around doing stuff before I leave later to get my haircut. :)

Pete
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 10:10
I've been here... Reading technical documentation.... :(

cylentka
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 10:21
I'm sorta here too. Taking peeks between working and making demotivational posters. ;)

Athena
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 10:33
The latest rash of spam mail I am receiving is a load of the

Your email is not deliverable and being returned to sender (I didn't send an email in the first place).

and out of office messages from people I haven't tried to email. :roll:

Anyone else getting these? Geesh - just when the "you have received an ecard from XXX" seemed to be slowing down...

Pete
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 10:35

Your email is not deliverable and being returned to sender (I didn't send an email in the first place).

Anyone else getting these? Geesh - just when the "you have received an ecard from XXX" seemed to be slowing down...

Yes, I get huge amounts of those, most annoying that someone's using my email address to send spam out. I feel sorry for all those poor people who think I'm a spammer.

The ironic thing is though, that I've had no orders at all for Viagra...

Skrim17
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 10:36
G'mae!

Yes it is back to work for me. Eli starts school on Thursday; I took the day off of work to be able to meet the teacher and mill around with the moms at drop-off an pick-up.

He got the supposed "strict" 1st grade teacher and I am pretty sure this is a good thing.

cylentka
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 10:39

I had that happen with my juno account. I had to report it because someone was somehow using my email address to make the spam look like a valid email or something like that. The department I reported it to tried to explain it, but I'm a little dense at times. :rolleyes:

cylentka
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 10:40
He got the supposed "strict" 1st grade teacher and I am pretty sure this is a good thing.

:lol::lol:

Athena
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 10:42
Yes, the sender they are being returned to is some rubbish name @ my domain name. Rather annoying. I'm thinking though that I can same myself some hassle by simple turning the catch-all function off. I'll miss any emails that are sent my real address with a typo, but I'll also miss all this CRAP.

What do you think Pete?

Pete
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 10:43
I had that happen with my juno account. I had to report it because someone was somehow using my email address to make the spam look like a valid email or something like that. The department I reported it to tried to explain it, but I'm a little dense at times. :rolleyes:

Emails are a bit like normal letters. If someone wants to fake the sender's details (to try and hide their origin), the can. Mass marketing tools can allow the sender to specify the "return to" address or the senders address. It's also a way of getting through the "blocked senders" list of spam filters.

It's annoying because it's hard to say what's spam and what's not.

Athena
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 10:48

Is he excited?

I think Nathan got the fun 1st grade teacher, but that's ok. :) He's loving school. As a matter of fact, so is Matthew. Things are going really well. :)

BearLeeAlive
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 10:49
I know I am real popular with a whole bunch of girls out there who are bored and want to chat with me. They all seem to be willing to share some photos as well. :p

Pete
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 10:50
Ali called Toby (7yr nephew) after his first day at the big school. Normally he's completely full of energy and enthusiasm for everything. Yesterday, he was so tired, he couldn't do much apart from sit on the couch and have one word conversations. He really enjoyed it though, so he'll get used to it.

Athena
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 10:51
Something wonderful happened last night...
All on his own, Matthew decided to read a Magic Treehouse book! I made a big deal about how wonderful that is and now he's all excited about it himself. He's looking forward to reading more of it when he gets home from Sylvan tonight.

Here's a quick snap of him reading it. The G7 has a green AF assist beam. When he saw that on his book he looked up and smiled this lovely smile at me. It was dark in the room, so I had to lighten it up quite a bit. It's not the best IQ, but right now it's my favorite photo!!

http://lifeprintsphotography.com/MyLife/Boys/MatthewReads_4797.jpg

cylentka
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 10:54
The biggest adjustment for Allie so far this year is that they don't have snacks twice a day like they did in kindergarten, so she has to either eat her breakfast and lunch, or go hungry all day.

cylentka
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 10:55
YAY, Athena! Those are great books. I love that photo, too.

Athena
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:01
They ARE great books, aren't they? As a family, we've already read them all but about the last 6 (the ones that are in hardback). He said he doesn't mind that he's already heard it because it was a long time ago and it's a good book. :D

I am tickled pink!! :D :D

short5
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:05
I am tickled pink!! :D :D
I thought you hated pink:p

Hi folks, stopping by for a minute then running up to Baltimore for the afternoon. I hope everyone is good.

cylentka
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:06
They ARE great books, aren't they? As a family, we've already read them all but about the last 6 (the ones that are in hardback).

Wow. We've only read about 10 at the most. But I suppose eventually we will get through them all. Allie has to do book reports this year. :shock:

Guineh
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:09

Uck... Try having an address of webmaster@your-domain-name.com. Spammers will scour the internet for domain names then add webmaster,info,whatever in front of it. I'd get deluged with 1000's of undeliverable messages a day. I finally change the mail forwarding service of my domain host to dump all messages that don't seem legitimate, which means I don't see any legitimate e-mails either.

cylentka
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:13
Sounds like we need to make spamming a capital offense.

Guineh
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:14

It'll probably take many years to appreciate what the "strict" teacher will do for him. Here's hoping he enjoys first grade... My wife is a 1st grade teacher, and is probably one of the "strict" ones... actually she is. ;) she has to be.

Yes, the sender they are being returned to is some rubbish name @ my domain name. Rather annoying. I'm thinking though that I can same myself some hassle by simple turning the catch-all function off. I'll miss any emails that are sent my real address with a typo, but I'll also miss all this CRAP.

OIC, it is your domain name's addresses. Yep, someone mentioned it before they're sending spam with garbage@your-domain-name.com as the return address, nice. I got some rather rude replies to spam e-mails as well (I wish I could have forward them on to the e-mail's actual source, but no luck; probably a zombied Windows machine anyway.) Quite fun. Not a damn thing I could do about it, except ignore the deluge.

Miniflash
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:16
Peek" Wow nice shot Athena he is so handsome !What a charming smile~
Hi Wanda ~hope your having a restful day ..lol
Pete ..you enjoy your wading through papers so far?
Hi jim ..you behave now ..lol you got work to do!
Crissa beautiful day today isn't it ? I think I"m going to the camera store today ..yipeeee ..as Andy goes in search of a hockey helmet ..lol yea you heard right the man wants to play with his brother ..lol a helmet and a stick and gloves ...that must equal a new lens for me don;t ya think ..LOL

Pete
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:17
A friend on my car owner's site wanted to know where all my pictures were (he didn't look in the right section). So what I've done is got Photoshop to make up contact sheets for all the shots of the weekend.

Like this Sheet (http://the-aperture.com/ContactSheets/BRSCC_BrandsHatch/ContactSheet-001.jpg)

I've got 37 of them, that'll teach the bugger.... :D

Athena
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:18
I thought you hated pink:pIf wearing it every day meant Matthew could read effortlessly I would do it. I'd even dye my hair pink for that boy! :)

Wow. We've only read about 10 at the most. But I suppose eventually we will get through them all. Allie has to do book reports this year. :shock:We have them all. It's good before bed reading. The boys adore them. I am so excited for Matthew to read them himself. He's read one before, but it was because I wanted him to and he read it with me. Now he's reading to himself.

OIC, it is your domain name's addresses. Yep, someone mentioned it before they're sending spam with garbage@your-domain-name.com, nice. I got some rather rude replies to spam e-mails as well. Quite fun. Not a damn thing I could do about it, except ignore the deluge.yep... And it's the domain that is MY REAL NAME! :roll: great...

Ok - off to the hairdresser now (just a little Maxy update there). See you guys later. Have a great afternoon. :)

cylentka
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:19
as Andy goes in search of a hockey helmet ..lol yea you heard right the man wants to play with his brother ..lol a helmet and a stick and gloves ...

I think I'd hang around those two. I foresee many photographic opportunities arising soon. :D Of the comic variety, of course. ;)

Miniflash
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:21
Haha your so right Wanda ..at least Andy would be funny his bro is the atheltic one he skis hillclimbs bikes all around stuff .

Miniflash
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:22
okay outta here again bbl ...have fun !

short5
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:26
If wearing it every day meant Matthew could read effortlessly I would do it. I'd even dye my hair pink for that boy! :)

Aww that is really and truly sweet. Good mommy, good girl, here ya go have a cookie, thats a girl, good mommy.

Bye until later everyone, enjoy your time zones.

What the heck everyone gets a treat, cookies all around. Good TPBMers, good people, thats the nice people, awww aren't you all good. Okay go lay down and stay out of the trash until I get back.

cylentka
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:27
ROFL Zane! :lol:

Pete
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:28

What do you think Pete?

No idea, Athena. Sorry. I'm not that technical. I just use Mailwasher (anti spam) program that I kick off before I open Outlook. I use that to add emails to my "friends" list and then delete the rest.

Skrim17
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:38
What the heck everyone gets a treat, cookies all around. Good TPBMers, good people, thats the nice people, awww aren't you all good. Okay go lay down and stay out of the trash until I get back.

::hikes a leg on Zane's favorite pink fuzzy slippers (you know he has them)::

Skrim17
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:41
Great news for your reader Athena, give him a hi 5 from us! I love that pic, looks like his hair has gotten lighter from the sunshine!

Eli is due a haircut...oh the drama of it all.

cfpackerfan
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:48
If wearing it every day meant Matthew could read effortlessly I would do it. I'd even dye my hair pink for that boy! :)
Quoting this for posterity's sake. He may need to know this someday. And we may need to tell him.

I think I'd hang around those two. I foresee many photographic opportunities arising soon. :D Of the comic variety, of course. ;)I agree. Get you a new lens, and take some hockey photos!

Aww that is really and truly sweet. Good mommy, good girl, here ya go have a cookie, thats a girl, good mommy.

What the heck everyone gets a treat, cookies all around. Good TPBMers, good people, thats the nice people, awww aren't you all good. Okay go lay down and stay out of the trash until I get back. ROFL!!! Zane you crack me up.

::hikes a leg on Zane's favorite pink fuzzy slippers (you know he has them):: :lol: :lol: LOL! ::sharpens claws on the couch::

GMAE all. ;)

Jamie Holladay
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:55
g'MAE

cfpackerfan
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:56
'Sup Jamie?

Pete
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 11:57
Evening, Jamie...

A present:-

http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/normal/IMG_7288.jpg

Jamie Holladay
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 12:02
Neat Pete

Pete
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 12:03
Quick question... Are people having problems seeing my shots? Couple of people have been complaining about 404 errors

Jamie Holladay
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 12:05
Something from my adventures yesterday:

http://www.24zero.com/Urban/Forgotten%20Umbrella.jpg

Jamie Holladay
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 12:07
Quick question... Are people having problems seeing my shots? Couple of people have been complaining about 404 errors
I am not

Pete
Oh... Very deep... works on lots of levels, that does.

Pete
Thanks Jamie.

Jamie Holladay
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 12:14
Oh... Very deep... works on lots of levels, that does.
Thanks Pete. I think I will go post it in Still Life and see what those guy say. Or should it go in Urban?

cfpackerfan
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 12:14
I can see your shots just fine, Pete. No 404s here.

Jamie, I love that. What a neat find.

I'm thinking it would be fun to play with in the demotivational poster thread. ;) :lol:

Pete
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 12:19
Thanks Pete. I think I will go post it in Still Life and see what those guy say. Or should it go in Urban?

Urban, I'd say, since it's an evironmental statement.

cylentka
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 12:19
I'm thinking it would be fun to play with in the demotivational poster thread. ;) :lol:

LOL, too true! I gotta stay out of that thread a while. Raw nuttiness is a bad thing.:p

Jamie Holladay
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 12:32
Urban, I'd say, since it's an evironmental statement.
Ok I will do that. I have another one to go with it too.

Don't know anything about that thread. Linky?

Jamie Holladay
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 12:34
I am not sure about the PP on this one

http://www.24zero.com/Urban/Lonely%20Bench.jpg

cfpackerfan
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 12:34
Ok I will do that. I have another one to go with it too.

Don't know anything about that thread. Linky?

Ask and you shall receive. :D LINKY (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=371819)

cylentka
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 12:36
Anyone ever try Jott (www.jott.com)?

Woolburr
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 12:37
No 404 errors Pete...but I got a couple of 403s earlier, does that count?

Becky N
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 12:40
Something wonderful happened last night...
All on his own, Matthew decided to read

Fantastic, I'm happy for both of you. Love the smile, too.

::hikes a leg on Zane's favorite pink fuzzy slippers (you know he has them)::

Thanks Crissa, here I was afraind it would be another dull funless afternoon, but; all he restricted was the trash.;):D

No problems here...well not in seeing your pictures anyway.

Says a lot about your summer this year, doesn't it. Very nice, I like it

Cat - I'm trying to come up with something demotivating, just not getting very motivated...ba da bum...If I think of a theme, I can't find a picture, when I find a picture, I can't find a theme.:rolleyes: I'll get one eventually.

Jamie Holladay
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 13:00
Thanks Becky.

I also made a poster in the Insperational thread Cat.

Guineh
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 13:11
orange
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/emmaloudawg/chowt.jpg

Out of line, but this post (from the colors game) gives new meaning to crab salad.

Skrim17
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 13:19
LOL Pete!! But is th crab part of the salad or eating the salad?

Pete
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 13:28
Ask and you shall receive. :D LINKY (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=371819)

Hehe... I like that...

Guineh
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 13:29
LOL Pete!!

Thinking you have your small furry critters mixed up. ;) (not pete...)

Pete
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 13:32
Thinking you have your small furry critters mixed up. ;) (not pete...)

Oh leave her be... At least I'm getting attention!! ;)

Guineh
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 13:34
Oh leave her be... At least I'm getting attention!! ;)

I'm thinking in a fight between a squirrel and a guinea pig. The squirrel would win every time :D

Guineh
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 13:35
BTW, in the post about the hermit crab above is it clear I'm quoting someone else's post? Should I remove the image from the quote?

Pete
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 13:36
I'm thinking in a fight between a squirrel and a guinea pig. The squirrel would win every time :D

My avatar eating owl wins every time!!!

http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/normal/IMG_6985.jpg

misspix
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 14:01
I meant to comment on everyone's shots that they've been sharing.

Coastal, Civil War, foals, cars, etc. All very very nice. I love catching up when there are pics involved. :D

Lonnie... how did your coworkers react to your new do?
Thanks for the summary up to that point, Cat :D You must have felt me comin!
New thread. Play along.

LINKY (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3847858#post3847858)
ROFL! I have saved it for when I have time to play.

I just did a quick scroll through to look at the photos, there is no way I was going to try to read over 500 posts.

:p I did!
TR's for tonight:

Adventures with Jim: Cute Little Hats

Adventures with Jim: Oh no, not again.

*snort* Widdle Hats *snicker*
ROFL!
Becky, great pictures. I like the train guys, they are a cool facet of society. I also love the CIT.
^^^That x2
They love apples but are really drooly eating them. A drooly dog gets drool on the floor a drooly horse gets it on your head.
Eeeewwwwwwwwww!
THIS (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=372444) link is for Terri. Didn't want you to miss it. ;)
Thankee :)

Ooooh. Hosses of the Corn!!!
:shock: GAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Welcome back, Terri...!! :D
Thankee Pete!

*begins industriously digging hole to China from flower beds*

I like this A LOT!

G'mae! I am all caught up, but must depart for part of the afternoon. Much budget cwap to prepare *sigh* Hopefully I will be able to process the few shots I have from the holiday and share in the next couple of days. Hubby and Uncle found some cool caves near Quartz Mountain.

Maxed Out
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 14:03
gmae

back from school

Skrim17
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 14:09
Good to 'see' you Terri!! Look forward to your pics.

Heya Max.

Skrim17
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 14:12
Becky that train museum looks like it will be a great trip for when Aiden is a little older! We went on a ride up in Mass. when I visited my brother, the kids loved it.

Mgdh
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 14:28
G'mae all.

ROFL!!! :lol:

Quoting this for posterity's sake. He may need to know this someday. And we may need to tell him.

I agree. Get you a new lens, and take some hockey photos!

ROFL!!! Zane you crack me up.

:lol: LOL! ::sharpens claws on the couch::

GMAE all.

http://newquay-plus.co.uk/POTN/smilies/yeahthat.jpg

http://newquay-plus.co.uk/POTN/smilies/yeahthat.jpg x2

Lovely shots, each one I saw when I was catching up.

Saw the CIT, Becky. While we were away, Nathan took an MIT photo...

http://newquay-plus.co.uk/POTN/Jet-intake.JPG

Homage to Puds ;)

Pete
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 14:33
Wooot!! POTN Book Vol 2 is gearing up.. Look to your image archives, folks!!

Maxed Out
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 14:39
hey pete.....what doy uo use to power your flash.....or in my case (430ex) what would be recomended.....i know it takes batteries but i dont feel like changing them so often

Pete
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 14:46
hey pete.....what doy uo use to power your flash.....or in my case (430ex) what would be recomended.....i know it takes batteries but i dont feel like changing them so often

Rechargable batteries of course. NiMh ones as high rating as I can find (currently 2900). They last a fair while.

Permagrin
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 14:53
G'mae everyone...hope you're all having a great day :)

just in case you guys haven't heard this song before...it's SO FUNNY

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3859971&postcount=10835

Maxed Out
4th of September 2007 (Tue), 14:54
these seem fine.....i got the charger also;)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/479697-REG/Impact_AANM290010__AA_Nickel_Metal_Hydride_NiMH_.h tml