PDA

View Full Version : 11/u World Series

TiKTaC
16th of August 2007 (Thu), 13:19
Here is one that I finished. C&C Please :)

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/TiK-TaC/WorldSeries112.jpg

Thanks for Looking

richrulz
16th of August 2007 (Thu), 13:40
Excellent! Where were you when shot this? Were you allowed on the field? I've been wondering if the 70-200 would give me enough reach for softball. I'm assuming that's what you used here.

Sledhed
16th of August 2007 (Thu), 14:25
Nice shot, but I would have liked to see a few things. You shot it at 109mm, step back and zoom in more, you would have had more separation between the player and background. It was also shot at ISO100 and 1/1000th, raise your ISO and get the SS up. The picture would have more crispness to it and you would have frozen the ball and the players feet. I do like the shot, colors and crop are excellent.

TiKTaC
16th of August 2007 (Thu), 14:30
Yeah this was on the field, it was acually during a bunting contest. This was opening cereomies and this was my daughter, She got second place out of 14 teams.:D

TiKTaC
16th of August 2007 (Thu), 14:35
Nice shot, but I would have liked to see a few things. You shot it at 109mm, step back and zoom in more, you would have had more separation between the player and background. It was also shot at ISO100 and 1/1000th, raise your ISO and get the SS up. The picture would have more crispness to it and you would have frozen the ball and the players feet. I do like the shot, colors and crop are excellent.

Thanks, I'm still new but I'm just now realizing what you said above. That was the first time I got to shoot with the 70-200.

richrulzExcellent! Where were you when shot this? Were you allowed on the field? I've been wondering if the 70-200 would give me enough reach for softball. I'm assuming that's what you used here.

It works well if you can sit in the dugout for the infielders and batter. But I'm finding out real quick, that I need at least a 300mm to make sure I get everyone. All in all though it has done the job pretty well.

richrulz
16th of August 2007 (Thu), 16:02
Cool. I've been saving up for the 70-200 but am currently leaning towards the 100-400L since I also shoot my kid's soccer games. It's hard enough to get the outfielders even at 300mm. Congrats to your daughter btw.