PDA

View Full Version : Macro of the Notaduck

who10
15th of July 2004 (Thu), 10:32
While stalking the rare justaduck in a local pond to test a Hoya ND2 filter I got a surprisingly good macro of Notaduck...

http://www.haskellct.com/photos/CRW_4070.jpg

70-200 IS w/1.4x TC

David

whowie
15th of July 2004 (Thu), 10:43
This is a beatiful "notaduck". Stunning image!

PacAce
15th of July 2004 (Thu), 11:06
:shock: = Wow!

8) = Nice and sharp pics!

:D = I like it a lot!

ssim
15th of July 2004 (Thu), 11:14
Way cool shot. Like the color alot.
:D :D :D

Scottes
15th of July 2004 (Thu), 11:23
That's absolutely awesome!

Looks like a Northern Notaduck by the wing patterns, though it may be a Lesser Crested Notaduck. I'm assuming it's somewhat large.

I may have to check Peterson's "Neither A Duck Nor A Goose Guide" when I get home.

PacAce
15th of July 2004 (Thu), 11:40

Looks like a Northern Notaduck by the wing patterns, though it may be a Lesser Crested Notaduck. I'm assuming it's somewhat large.

I may have to check Peterson's "Neither A Duck Nor A Goose Guide" when I get home.

I think it's a yellow-bellied notaduck although from the angle the picture was shot, it's hard to be 100% sure. :?

Scottes
15th of July 2004 (Thu), 12:49
I think it's a yellow-bellied notaduck although from the angle the picture was shot, it's hard to be 100% sure. :?

You have NO idea what you're talking about!! The YB has a yellow/gold tip on it's tail, and is not found north of New Mexico! EVERYONE knows that!

<sheesh>

:)
Just kidding of course. For some reason, arguing over imaginary things just cracks me up. My favorite is arguing over which comic book superheroes would win in a fight... "Wonder Woman would kick Batman's butt!"

Besides, I'll do almost anything to save this picture from the Dreaded Page Two Syndrome...

who10
16th of July 2004 (Fri), 12:37
Finally I have a few minutes to thank responders more personally… gotta carve out more time in my schedule! :?

This is a beautiful "notaduck". Stunning image!

whowie, Thanks for your swift and encouraging feedback. I must make a point to respond more quickly to images that I enjoy… reviewing my own posting history I find my commentary plagued by lag time and paltry in content.

:shock: = Wow!

8) = Nice and sharp pics!

:D = I like it a lot!

PacAce, :shock: Entire paragraphs in three little Emoticons… I think I’ll adopt your lead – Hope you don’t mind if I rubber stamp a quote to improve my own responses [see comments to Whowie !!] :D

Way cool shot. Like the color a lot.
:D :D :D

ssim, Thanks for the confirmation… I had considered saturating the background, but decided to leave it more muted.

Scottes, LOL on the banter – your touch of humor is great ( not to mention the vote to keep NotaDuck off page 2 despite ultimately not being of the Lesser Crested variant)

Well, back to work … looking forward to everyone's new Shares this weekend.

David