PDA

View Full Version : new accesories for my G5

whitedime
12th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:31
Purchased a leather handstrap from a member off this forum and a 52mm adapter tube + filter kit on ebay, REALLY impressed with the tube

it is machined aluminum and matches the body perfectly! was only about 15.00 also.

I've found the handstrap adds a little notch for your pinkie finger to rest on instead of being ackwardly curled underneath and makes the somewhat small camera feel much more secure in my hand

and helps keep the camera alot steadier for slower shutter speeds. :)

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k150/whitedime/0912071307.jpg

whitedime
12th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:36
heres a link to a sample shot with the polarizing filter. photobucket didnt seem to re-create the colors correctly for some reason... i shot in in RAW

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k150/whitedime/CRW_5147.jpg

whitedime
13th of September 2007 (Thu), 21:46
wow this forum is dead.

Ballen Photo
14th of September 2007 (Fri), 21:21
Congrats on the new accessories, & it's interesting to see how the hand strap attached to the bottom making room for one more finger. :)
I also have the 52mm adapter tube for my G5. Aside from protecting the lens, it makes the camera much more versatile. I have macro filters in 52mm, as well as an adapter that enables me to reverse mount one of my old 50mm lenses for real close work.
wow this forum is dead.
Only for the moment. Have you looked at the G9 thread? :lol:
It comes and goes, depending on who's around at the moment.;)
-Bruce

whitedime
15th of September 2007 (Sat), 13:14
ballen you think theres any adapters that would allow me to use older lenses from a nikon FM-2 ? (film)

thanks

Ballen Photo
15th of September 2007 (Sat), 13:24
Probably. Do a search on ebay, or other camera related source for reversing rings which will have male threads on both sides, one side sized 52mm to fit your adapter, and the other side sized to fit your other lens filter ring. There are a lot of combinations available, but if the difference in size is too great, you can use step up (or down) rings to get you there. ;)
-Bruce

whitedime
16th of September 2007 (Sun), 19:20
oh so i wuold have to mount the lens backwards. what does that do to the photo?

Ballen Photo
16th of September 2007 (Sun), 22:54
oh so i wuold have to mount the lens backwards. what does that do to the photo?
Only turns it into a "SUPER" Macro lens for extreme close up work. You might want to check this thread out. http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50124
Megaweb uses an A70, but the principle is the same. ;)
-Bruce

rpolitsr
17th of September 2007 (Mon), 03:31
heres a link to a sample shot with the polarizing filter. photobucket didnt seem to re-create the colors correctly for some reason... i shot in in RAW

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k150/whitedime/CRW_5147.jpg
Probably you did a RAW conversion to Adobe RGB ( 1998 ) color profile.
For correct web colors you must either set the RAW converter to sRGB color profile or change the jpg file from Adobe RGB ( 1998 ) to sRGB before uploading the picture.

whitedime
17th of September 2007 (Mon), 12:16
Probably you did a RAW conversion to Adobe RGB ( 1998 ) color profile.
For correct web colors you must either set the RAW converter to sRGB color profile or change the jpg file from Adobe RGB ( 1998 ) to sRGB before uploading the picture.

thanks! how, do i do that ?

rpolitsr
17th of September 2007 (Mon), 15:39
I use PhotoShop CS2 and Adobe Camera Raw ver. 3.7; with other Adobe software the procedures may vary slightly.

Preparing Adobe Camera Raw for sRGB color space:

Open an image with Adobe Camera Raw
In the bottom left check ‘Show Workflow Options’
In ‘Space:’ select sRGB IEC61966-1

Changing a .psd or .jpg image to sRGB space:

Open the image in Adobe Photoshop CS2
Use Edit > Convert to Profile…
in ‘Destination Space Profile’ select sRGB IEC61966-2.1
click OK

If you work with Camera RAW already set to sRGB you do not need the second conversion.

Using Adobe RGB space has some advantages for professional printing, but you must understand color management thoroughly. sRGB is good enough and easier to deal with.