PDA

View Full Version : The 3rd official Random Discussion For TPBM Photo's and Photographers Thread (3)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

3Turner
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 17:35
Wow. That sounds good. They just aired season 4 finale for the first time last week. I would assume it'll take a few months to start showing season 5 this side of the Atlantic :roll:

I may check out CBS.com but what's the quality like?
Its good....broad band required. You can watch in a small window or full screen...with very limited commercials. They are always up the day after it airs for the first time...here I guess. As a matter of fact...going to get you the link caused me to run it and I am watching it now :lol:

3Turner
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 17:37
Gaa. Look like they check IP address locations - don't think I can watch it in the UK :(
No way...that sucks. Wonder why they run so far behind in the seasons.

Pete
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 17:40
beautiful photos here :)

Pete, that bird portrait is GORGEOUS!

Thankee.

Even better at the size I processed it for.

http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/large/IMG_0569.jpg

Miniflash
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 17:42
WOW Pete thats such a great shot !
Terri ..make me giggle here ... those spiders n bugs n things ...can keep the deck ..lol

Permagrin
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 17:42
Thankee.

http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/large/IMG_0569.jpg

yes, it looks great larger! Love the feather details :)

Pete
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 17:44
yes, it looks great larger! Love the feather details :)

24-70 is just fantastic. I'm really loving it. I sometimes miss the length of the 24-105, but the sharpness and clarity of the 24-70 just blows it away.

Jamie Holladay
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 18:01
Nice kitty Petey

theague
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 18:55
Very nice shots again Pete. You're showing us some outstanding stuff lately!

meeting is finally over. The only highlight from it was that one of the vendor presenters was Scottish. :)

BearLeeAlive
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 18:58
meeting is finally over. The only highlight from it was that one of the vendor presenters was Scottish. :)
Was there an interpreter present. :lol:

One of my meetings today was with a Brit, heavy accent but could understand him well, though some of his figures of speech flew over my head. :)

theague
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:02
This guy's accent was softened a lot. He's been living in the states 10 years. Also, he lived near Glasgow, which to me is the standard Scottish accent you hear when people pretend to be scottish. it's the easiest to understand imho.

Permagrin
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:03
you know, I think Welshmen are waaaay harder to understand than a Scotsman...

Jamie Holladay
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:06
I think NorthWestCoasterners are harder to understand than southerners, but I'm just sayin'

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:11
I think NorthWestCoasterners are harder to understand than southerners, but I'm just sayin'
Pppppffffffffffffffffffffffttt! :p

And we are witty, too :rolleyes:

thomascanty
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:12
Permie, are your ears burning (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=383635)?

Jamie Holladay
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:15
Pppppffffffffffffffffffffffttt! :p

And we are witty, too :rolleyes:
Yeah OK. <said with sarcasim>
Permie, are your ears burning (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=383635)?
they should be.

Permagrin
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:17

good grief...I can't turn around anymore without bumping into someone who's "heard about" me :lol::lol:

whether it's the chatting
or wedding forum banning
or the hate boxes/ducks thing...or...

3Turner
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:20
good grief...I can't turn around anymore without bumping into someone who's "heard about" me :lol::lol:

or wedding forum banning
Hey....you're a popular mouse. Well, at least for those who have heard of you :lol:

Permagrin
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:21
Hey....you're a popular mouse. Well, at least for those who have heard of you :lol:

nah, just controversial! If it wasn't for Cat here, I'd never even be able to ask a wedding photographer questions and get MUCH needed answers!

Jamie Holladay
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:22

or wedding forum banning
Yeah you are the resident Cheerleader, Prom Queen. :rolleyes::cool:

thomascanty
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:22
If it wasn't for Cat here, I'd never even be able to ask a wedding photographer questions and get MUCH needed answers!

What about Claire?

Jamie Holladay
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:23
How does it feel to be in the "IN" croud? :)

Permagrin
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:25
What about Claire?

oh I forgot about Claire. I'm rarely on when she is anymore, but good idea.

Permagrin
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:25

:lol::lol: Seriously Jamie, mention my name on the WF and see how it feels to be part of the OUT crowd :lol:

3Turner
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:26
Too much peer pressure:rolleyes:

Skrim17
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:38
thanks Cat. That's nice. I hope I will come away with some nice ones. :)
I've invited the Oregon crew to shoot with us, I don't know if any of them will but she doesn't care so I thought it'd be a nice opportunity.

Is this pre-wedding for you Terri?? Sounds like a great experience.

Taken with the 24-70. I was scared to death that the falcon would attack the camera. Looking at this, I probably could have got even closer.

http://www.designdev.co.uk/stoc/iowrs/iow03.jpg

Any closer and he would be tasting your hood Pete! And what's with the wimpy little strap?

I think it was actually a combination of moisture ... and the temperature change ... Isn't it always?

Thankee.

http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/large/IMG_0569.jpg Holy Spit Pete!

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:39
Yeah OK. <said with sarcasim>

*imagining the sound of sarcasm in Alabamananian*

Permagrin
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:41

you can always buzz up here Terri :)

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:42

Any closer and he would be tasting your hood Pete! And what's with the wimpy little strap?

Isn't it always?

Holy Spit Pete!
1. Wedding is Saturday. I'm getting tummy upset already :rolleyes: I will be attending the rehearsal on Friday, though, so I'm hoping to use it as a warm up and settle down for myself.

2. That IS a wimpy strap! WTH Pete? ;)

3. ROFLOLOL!

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:43
you can always buzz up here Terri :)
When is it Lisa? I must have missed it somewhere :confused:

Jamie Holladay
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:43
*imagining the sound of sarcasm in Alabamananian*
It sOUnds mUch lIke thiss.:lol:

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:44
It sOUnds mUch lIke thiss.:lol:
:lol: Funny! That is EXACTLY what I imagined! :lol:

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:57
Finally finished a couple of shots from Frankies play. I was not impressed with my captures, however I am as impressed as HECK with the Tammy :) Shooting at 3200 ISO, all I did in post with these was adjust WB, ad a wee bit of contrast, ran the noise reducer thingy in PaintShop and cropped.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k259/miss-pix/Frankie/JackandtheBeanstalk.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k259/miss-pix/Frankie/JackandtheBeanstalk2.jpg

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 20:20
*sigh* I'm a thread killer :(

Skrim17
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 20:22
Sorry Terri I was putting my short guy to bed. Those are GREAT!! That was during the actual performance?

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 20:30
Ahhh the bliss of kiddies going to bed :) Mine seem to be up at all hours any more :confused:

No, not during the performance. No shooting allowed. These were after-they trotted the kids out for photos. The two I posted include Jack (frankie) Jacks mom (girl with sleeping cap) Milky White (cow) Jill (girl in red) and the Giant (black hat and 5 o'clock shadow). These are the oldest of the cast and two of them will not return next year as they are seniors in HS.

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 20:31
I did do a whole bunch of multiple shots of the same thing

Here is one I did a quick job on, just did the Save to Web thing with it. Mount Robson.

Same thing we did and whittled it down to 200-250 total. Your quickie is awesome.

Hubby convinced me that the Ferris Wheel was fun and that I should give it a go.

I refuse to get on these types of rides with hubby anymore. He will jerk the chair and talk about a bolt looking loose, etc. He has strict rule if he ever does that on a ski lift I will not ride with him.

Cat, you need to set up a POTN Utah Ski Expedition.

There ya go. The skiers can ski and the non-skiers can apri until the rest of get there and apri too.:D;)

Unfortunately there is still washington to contend with on this issue. I think it's more widespread here. I refuse to do it. If it's TOO cold to go bare foot with sandals then you DONT need to be wearing sandals!

Ah, but; socks and sandles are healthier for the feet in the cold of winter as it keeps the feet drier than shoes when it isn't raining or snowing. Helps to prevent athletes foot. For that reason I will, with out shame, continue to wear my woolies and burkes when the temperatures fall.

CS3 has a sharpen tool as well but NN works as a plug-in.

Ahhh, did not know that as I'm a Paint Shop user.

lol...obviously, I missed that

Don't worry, so did I.:rolleyes:

(and yes, she can still wear her gown).

Nothing personal, but; I don't like your Aunt. j/k;) That is great, wish I could say the same but; it ain't gonna happen.

http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/normal/IMG_0569.jpg

This is awesome as well as the monkey face, the B&W conversion, tiger and the storm pictures. (see below)

Well I think it is just right. I just need to make sure I have the entire image on my screen before I look at it. The clouds are, how should we say this, well... disturbing......

It is dark - but in a nice way. However that cloud formation is...well, phallic. I prefer the horizontal one.

Seems the guys around here see things in a more appropriate (to family viewing) manner.

Hmm.. What monster have I started?

Exactly:D;)

I think it was actually a combination of moisture in the air and the temperature change out above the water.

Apparently not of the cold nature.

Funny story ..I had a big ole praying mantis on my deck and was to afraid to get close to it hahahaha ...pink skirt and girly girl yell every time it moved LOL

But you could have stacked your tubes and put plenty of room between you and it.:D

One of my meetings today was with a Brit,

There were a lot of Brits in the Parks last week as well as French and Asian. I wondered if the latter two were from France and Asian countries or from Canada.

Finally finished a couple of shots from Frankies play.

Nice job. I have found the PSP noise reducer works very well and will use it when I only have a couple two or three shots to fix.

(Some smilies were harmed, OK they were obliberated, in order to do this multi-quote with in POTN image limits.)

Skrim17
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 20:35
An all female revue for Jakc and the Beanstalk then eh Terri? Is Frankie a senior?

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 20:38
Frankie is a sophomore. And yeah, the cast seemed to be entirely female this year, with the exception of the young 'beans' which I will post up later :) Looked like everyone who was cast over the age of about 10 was a girl.

Hi Becky :D Nice catch up!

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 20:40
Hi Becky :D Nice catch up!

Thanks Terri, Mark taught me well.;)

Becky N
Oh and how was your day "working" at home?

Skrim17
How old is your youngest Becky?

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 20:42
How old is your youngest Becky?

He is my oldest and youngest, I only have "child". Tomorrow he turns 29.:D

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 20:43
Oh and how was your day "working" at home?
Work was pretty much done early on :)

Spent the remainder of the day reading a Wedding Photography book :confused: and just enjoying the relative peace of a quiet home :)

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 20:46
Good way to spend the day.

I did good at work today. All caught up from last week along with added "must have yesterdays". Leaves me free to work on the discounting of orders shipped in the last week and a half tomorrow and Friday. That will put me where I like to be when I go in Monday to start on the final day's invoicing and calculating the commissions for September along with month-end reporting.

Skrim17
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 20:49
::sigh:: why are circular polarizers so expensive? And Becky can you explain a ND filter to me?

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 20:57
::sigh:: why are circular polarizers so expensive? And Becky can you explain a ND filter to me?

Realize, I've had 1 week's experience. But; they are half dark and half clear. You can order how many f/stops for the dark half. But basically they help prevent blowing out the sky when taking landscape shots. We got a "soft" gradient which means the dark blurs into the clear as opposed to a sharp gradient that is more pronounced.

You line up the area between the clear and dark on the horizon, so the dark part is on the bright sky and the clear part on the land. I would meter on both the sky and ground before shooting and set my exposure at a guesstimated half way point between the two meter reading. Seems to have worked. I'm converting my files now. I'll find one where I used the ND and let you judge in a bit.

Maxed Out
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 20:58
gmae.....

Random Question:

Who here actually LIKES algebra:lol:besides becky:p

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 20:59

PPPPPPPPPffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttt!!!:p

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:00
Besides, I didn't say I "like" it, I said I "use" it and never in a million years while in class thought I would.

Maxed Out
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:02
I like algebra a lot BTW, i'm not of fan of geometry though:rolleyes:

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:02
And, as an added algabretic comment. You may not consciously see the equations, but; you use a lot of algabra logic in your photography. So there.:p

Maxed Out
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:04
And, as an added algabretic comment. You may not consciously see the equations, but; you use a lot of algabra logic in your photography. So there.:p

Does that mean that there are subconcious algebraic equations inside me:shock:

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:05
*drumming fingers LR is 85% through the conversions*

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:06
I priced one for my 10-22. :shock:
I am now looking into the bracket thing...a friend gave me a filter bracket and a bunch of filters to go along with, but it doesn't fit the Tammy or the 10-22. But, from what I understand, the filters are supposed to be universal, so I just need to find the bracket attachment and then figure out what filters I actually have :rolleyes: Most are not labeled.
gmae.....

Random Question:

Are you kidding? I got out of Pre Algebra with a D and the school and I decided not to push the issue :p

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:06
Does that mean that there are subconcious algebraic equations inside me:shock:

Yep! Deep breaths, now, you don't want to hyperventilate.

Maxed Out
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:07
is it weird that im watching bionic woman:shock:

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:08
Yes.
Stop it.

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:10

Watching no, fantisizing...you turn that TV off right now young man and wash your eyes out with soap...well uhm, maybe not that part.;)

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:11
Oh, good LR just *bleeped*, I'll be working in the background and popping in and out of here.

3Turner
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:11
Is it any good?

Jamie Holladay
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:12
:lol: Funny! That is EXACTLY what I imagined! :lol:
Ha Ha Ha
gmae.....

Random Question:

I don't but I do like Economics
No unless I am wierd with you

Maxed Out
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:13
Is it any good?

bout to figure that out in an hour

Jamie Holladay
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:14
Of course I did grow up watching the original

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:20
Of course I did grow up watching the original
That one wasn't any good, either. It always seemed like a rip off of the original 6 Million Dollar Man.

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:21
No unless I am wierd with you
*zips lips* or rather *ties up fingers*

Skrim17
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:24
Me too Jamie and if I remember correctly I pretty much liked it a lot! I am watching private practice..but just turned it off to play here so there goes that review!

3Turner
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:34
Okay, that CGI of Bionic Woman running was not very believeable. This show is kinda dry...but the main character is purdy.;)

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:35
Crissa, here is one I did with ND filter.

You can see I needed to come down just a bit further with the darker area, see the lighter sky just above the horizon?

http://performancephoto.smugmug.com/photos/200860751-O.jpg

Jamie Holladay
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:36
That one wasn't any good, either. It always seemed like a rip off of the original 6 Million Dollar Man.
Pretty much but Lindsey was so hot. Well to me back then any way. She ranked right up there with Farah.`~~~~~~~~~~~~
*zips lips* or rather *ties up fingers*
1-800-221-1212 Speed dial 8 on my cell. Just ask Cat

Skrim17
Yes I do Becky!

Becky N
Didn't realize it is the new Bionic Woman you were watching. I have to check it out sometime, as like others above, I watched the original also.

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:37
Nice shot Becky :D I honestly can't tell where you are talking about.

Okay, that CGI of Bionic Woman running was not very believeable. This show is kinda dry...but the main character is purdy.;)
Well, then the show is a success isn't it? :rolleyes:

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:38
1-800-221-1212 Speed dial 8 on my cell. Just ask Cat
:p I'm not askeered!

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:40
gotta dash for a bit.........

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:42
Yes I do Becky!

I was on vacation and I refuse to do the algebra on vacation.;)

You can see what I was talking about though and how it is suppose to work?

Maxed Out
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:42

yeah, this show isnt good:rolleyes:

knockoff from heroes

Maxed Out
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:44
goodnight everyone....:)

*POOF*......:(.......*POOF*!:)

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:45
Nice shot Becky :D I honestly can't tell where you are talking about.

Thanks Terri, that was in the Badland of South Dakota. All the rams in this flock had on radio tracking collars.

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:45
Night Maxey.

3Turner
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:47
Man, she just kicked some dudes butt...and then he started to plead for his life after he was gonna hurt her! :shock:

Well, then the show is a success isn't it? :rolleyes:
Ummm....yeah, why not :lol:

gotta dash for a bit.........
*watches Terri run like the Bionic Woman out the door*
*whooooosh*

3Turner
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:48
Night Max....at least finish watching Bionic Woman since you got me watching it to see how it turns out.

Maxed Out
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 21:56
Night Max....at least finish watching Bionic Woman since you got me watching it to see how it turns out.

I am:shock:

2 bionic women fighting in the rain:shock:

:shock:

3Turner
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:00
I am:shock:

2 bionic women fighting in the rain:shock:

:shock:
Yeah...that was kinda hot....but I don't think there were 2 in the original show. Looks like they are gonna be good and bad bionic woman.

3Turner
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:02
Cool....That's Major Dick Winters on the next show Life:shock:

Jamie Holladay
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:16
Didn't realize it is the new Bionic Woman you were watching. I have to check it out sometime, as like others above, I watched the original also.
I not only watched the originals (bonic woman & six million dollar man) but had the action figure (what a geek)

The jury is still out on this version though.

cfpackerfan
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:17
:lol: :lol: Jamie had a doll. :p

Maxed Out
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:22
ok, here are my choices:

430ex + Grip
or
580ex II

i dont really know the advantages over the other?
Help?

cfpackerfan
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:25
Depends on if you really want a grip or not. ;)

Maxed Out
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:26
Depends on if you really want a grip or not. ;)

yeah, the xt is kinda unconfortable

but the 580 II is tempting

Guineh
I need my TR fix... Where's TR...?

(edit) gnnnyyaaaaaahhhh!

Becky N

*snicker* like Terri

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:30
*snickering like, well, me*

Jamie Holladay
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:31
I did not have a doll it was an Action Figure
ok, here are my choices:

430ex + Grip
or
580ex II

i dont really know the advantages over the other?
Help?
Go with the Grip and the 430. It will give you a strudier feel in your hand IMO
*snicker* like Terri
OK now don't be that way you @

Guineh
-> snort <-

Jamie Holladay

(edit) gnnnyyaaaaaahhhh!
Ditto

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:33

(edit) gnnnyyaaaaaahhhh!
*trying to set a good example for my grandbaby by NOT stamping my foot*

Guineh
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:33
The natives are getting restless...

3Turner
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:40
I hear the drums beating and a huge pot of boiling water.

Guineh
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:41
-> Sniff <- What's fer dinner?

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:46
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Everyone!!!

Congrats on the lenses Boring Boys!!!

How rude that PermaPuddle would think of themselves first and not post the TR prior to going out on the town!:evil:;)
I'm guessing we get no TR tonight.
:(
*sigh*

Guineh
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:49
I'm guessing we get no TR tonight.
:(
*sigh*

Gnhrr rr rr rr..

Ok ok.. they have lives outside of entertaining us with their comic, but still... ;)

3Turner
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:49
Smells like lurkers:rolleyes:

Guineh
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:50
Mmm, lurker... My favorite.

Skrim17
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:54
I was on vacation and I refuse to do the algebra on vacation.;)

You can see what I was talking about though and how it is suppose to work?

I sure do Becky...but I think I'll start out with a CP. Fortunately both my most used lenses are 77mm so they can share, doubt I'll have much use for it on the 70-200 but you never know.

LOL

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:55
Jamie!!!

You still here?

3Turner
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:55
Be sure to season well....watch the pot so it won't boil over....should only simmer until morning:lol: I'm off to bed.

Night all.

cfpackerfan
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:56
I did not have a doll it was an Action Figure
That's what they all say. :lol: :p

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:58
Night Robert!

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:58
G'nite Robert

Skrim17
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 22:59
night Robert.

Jamie Holladay
good night all.

Skrim17
It is 11 PM and 83 degrees here, totally weird.

Skrim17
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:00
Night Jamie, glad you stayed and played today.

Jamie Holladay
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:00
Jamie!!!

You still here?
you looling for me Becky

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:01
you looling for me Becky

Yes, I took a Jamie inspired photo last week:D
http://performancephoto.smugmug.com/photos/200892417-O.jpg

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:02
So, I have been spending some time in the WF. Looking at photo's, reading critiques, getting ideas.
I do not have a flash or a reflector. Nor have I ever used these items. How screwed am I?

Jamie Holladay
Yes, I took a Jamie inspired photo last week:D
http://performancephoto.smugmug.com/photos/200892417-O.jpg
Very nice Becky!

Becky N
Well actually I took several, but; I only liked the curls on a couple.

Jamie Holladay
Now I am off to bed.

Jamie Holladay
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:03
Well actually I took several, but; I only liked the curls on a couple.
Yeah I am picky that way too.

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:03
Wow. Our temps have been very fall-like. Very cool mornings and eves, too warm afternoons. Tis all about layering.

Nice flag Becky :D!

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:04
G'nite, Jamie, I'm glad you liked it.

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:04
Night Jamie

Skrim17
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:05
Terri you have some fast glass, use it and don't worry!!

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:05

Just wait, yesterday's high was 85 today's 68. Fall, she is a'com'n.

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:08
Thanks Crissa. That is what I keep telling myself. But then my self gets all twitter-pated anyway :rolleyes:

Have I said how much I don't like shooting weddings/events/people in general? :lol:

cfpackerfan
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:10
So, I have been spending some time in the WF. Looking at photo's, reading critiques, getting ideas.
I do not have a flash or a reflector. Nor have I ever used these items. How screwed am I?
You're not screwed. ;)
A flash would be fantastic but you can get by without it if need be.
Don't worry about a reflector at all. Nice. But hardly necessary.
Be careful in the WF, you read too much and they'll have you believing that you have to have all sorts of gear you don't need.
Your Tammy will be fantastic most of the time.

cfpackerfan
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:11
Becky, the flag is beautiful. :D

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:11

^^^^
Exactly, shoot away, watch your histogram, relax and do what you do so well.

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:14
Nice flag Becky :D!

Becky, the flag is beautiful. :D

Thanks, ladies.

Pssst, Cat, like Jamie's, the wind was wrong, but; I flipped my shots like you suggested.:D;)

cfpackerfan
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:15
Thanks, ladies.

Pssst, Cat, like Jamie's, the wind was wrong, but; I flipped my shots like you suggested.:D;) ;) ;)

BearLeeAlive
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:16
Your quickie is awesome.
So, you've been taking to (my) Lisa, 'ave ya? ;)
Alg, trig, calc. Aced all those courses but never really liked them.
It is ok for a guy to be in touch with his feminine side. :)

(edit) gnnnyyaaaaaahhhh!
I was looking for it too when I got back home.
...but I think I'll start out with a CP. Fortunately both my most used lenses are 77mm so they can share
I am definitely getting another 77mm CP filter as I have 3 lenses that use it and it is too much of a pain when you need to change lenses quick.

misspix
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:16
Thanks ladies :D Your support is invaluable ;)

Cat: for what it is worth, I venture to the WF mostly for posing ideas and techniques-then I get sucked in and have to read all the posts that follow :rolleyes:
Those two items, flash and reflector, have just been mentioned sooooo many times...I actually am amazed that I was able to produce any shots at all at the four previous weddings I have done, lol!

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:20
So, you've been taking to (my) Lisa, 'ave ya? .

*Muttley laugh*

Hey, Jim, I'm uploading my shots, where are you on PP?:p

Skrim17
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:21
My only recommendation Terri would be to cut and paste ideas you like from the WF, poses and pics as well so you have something to refer to, takes the 'OMG what should I do now' factor out of it.

cfpackerfan
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:23
*Muttley laugh*

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/dirtbox/pics/muttley.gif

Permagrin
Adventures with Jim: The Ultimate in Uniforms
http://tuppervilleranch.com/comics/TRUltimateUniformT.jpg

BearLeeAlive
Becky, great flag shot.

Terri, the others are right. Don't sweat it. Do chimp a bunch to see how they are looking and watch the histogram, take lots of shots, maybe bracket a couple important ones and I know it will turn out fine for you. :)

The histograms on some of my trip photos are exact opposites of what they should be with the histogram stacked up at both ends.

BearLeeAlive
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:24
*Muttley laugh*

Hey, Jim, I'm uploading my shots, where are you on PP?:p
I looked at 'em all now. :)

cfpackerfan
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:24
WOOO HOO!!! There be Pirates here!

Becky N
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:26

Yeah, where did that rope come from???:lol::lol::lol::lol:

BearLeeAlive
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:26
Oooo, Dan, you look so dashing. :)
Now, if I weren't a bear..................;)

Skrim17
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:27
Just call him McPuddleGyver

misspix
My only recommendation Terri would be to cut and paste ideas you like from the WF, poses and pics as well so you have something to refer to, takes the 'OMG what should I do now' factor out of it.
Good idea Crissa :)
I feel like a crybaby :rolleyes:
Thank you all for being so patient and supportive :)
I shall now stop whining and become that big girl my mom always referred to!
http://tuppervilleranch.com/comics/TRUltimateUniformT.jpg
ROFLOLOLOL!
Thank you Permie :D You and Dan just made my night!

Becky N
Anyone else get the image of Puddles swooping down on that rope and rescuing a fair mouse in distress?

Skrim17
night kids!

Guineh
26th of September 2007 (Wed), 23:28
Woohoo :) TR!

Now, I can go to bed! g'nite all :)

misspix
:lol::lol::lol:

Becky N

I like that.

T.D.
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/dirtbox/pics/muttley.gif

MUTTLEY!!!

I love Muttley. I work with a guy who laughs just like him.