PDA

View Full Version : The 3rd official Random Discussion For TPBM Photo's and Photographers Thread (3)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

BearLeeAlive
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:15
You get notified of something when Terri is around JPG?:shock:
She can run, but she can't hide. Mwah-ha-ha :p

misspix
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:16
You get notified of something when Terri is around JPG?:shock:
:shock:

wu_wei0
Thanks, but no thanks. :)

I still have 2 teenage kids at home. Wanna trade maybe? ;)

boys or girls?

misspix
She can run, but she can't hide. Mwah-ha-ha :p
Obviously, my stealth mode needs some tweakin' :rolleyes:

Maxed Out
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:22
hey everyone:(

everything went awesome until 58 shots later my battery dies off a full charge:(

then Malcolm (photog) gave me his Mk. III + 70-200mm f/2.8 IS for a half hour while he got something to eat:D.....oh Permi that camera/lens is a godsend....i was in shock when he handed the 50 pounds of gear to me

It went well....he gave me lots of advice (including keeping extra batteries in your bad:lol:)

short5
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:24
It went well....he gave me lots of advice (including keeping extra batteries in your bad:lol:):lol::lol:Sorry maxwell, this is how we learn eh?

BearLeeAlive
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:24
boys or girls?
One of each, but I will throw in some cash if you take the 17 yo boy. :lol:
Obviously, my stealth mode needs some tweakin' :rolleyes:
Government issue, right? ;)

Maxed Out
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:26
:lol::lol:Sorry maxwell, this is how we learn eh?

well i dont have any extra batteries....but they are on their way, also with a grip:)

T.D.
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:27
well i dont have any extra batteries....but they are on their way, also with a grip:)

Minnie, I didn't know you needed a grip for the XT. You should have said something. I would have made you a great deal with my Mr. Haney special!

misspix
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:28
Their expectations always exceed their pitiful budget :confused::)

Maxed Out
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:31
Minnie, I didn't know you needed a grip for the XT. You should have said something. I would have made you a great deal with my Mr. Haney special!

ok, ill talk to you before i buy anything....i would have bought it used but the guy was too slow to respoond and I was too impatient:lol:

wu_wei0
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:37
One of each, but I will throw in some cash if you take the 17 yo boy. :lol:

Deal. I raised boys. I love 'em.

short5
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:40

Great. Now the important thing, how were your 58 shots now that you were closer?

BearLeeAlive
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:40
Deal. I raised boys. I love 'em.
Oh, I love him well. He is just testing us almost as much as I tested my parents. :p
My 19 yo daughter has been an angel compared to what I was like.

wu_wei0
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:42
Oh, I love him well. He is just testing us almost as much as I tested my parents. :p
My 19 yo daughter has been an angel compared to what I was like.I used to wonder if my kids were really mine. They were way to good to have sprung from me!

Maxed Out
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:43
Great. Now the important thing, how were your 58 shots now that you were closer?

i think i did great for my first time doing this.....im looking through them all now, ddeleting out of focus ones

BearLeeAlive
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:45
I used to wonder if my kids were really mine. They were way to good to have sprung from me!
LMAO, I just got an image bouncing through me wee noggin' of your kids leaping from the womb. :p

short5
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:46
i think i did great for my first time doing this.....im looking through them all now, ddeleting out of focus ones

Out of focus or blurry from slow shutter? How was your shutterspeed?

BearLeeAlive
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:46
Hey Max, at least you had your CF card on you, unlike a couple others on here who forgot theirs. Like Dan and me. :)

short5
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:47
Hey Max, at least you had your CF card on you, unlike a couple others on here who forgot theirs. Like Dan and me. :)
Been there done that ONCE

BearLeeAlive
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:49
Good call Zane, this is my bane. Not using a fast enough shutter speed, often trying to hard to keep my DOF wide enough or my ISO lower for noise free photos, and blowing the shot because of this. Blur is a much bigger enemy then out of focus.

misspix
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:51
Blur is art. Dincha know? :)

BearLeeAlive
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:51
Blur is art. Dincha know? :)
Well then, I am an arteest. :lol:

short5
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:53
Good call Zane, this is my bane. Not using a fast enough shutter speed, often trying to hard to keep my DOF wide enough or my ISO lower for noise free photos, and blowing the shot because of this. Blur is a much bigger enemy then out of focus.

Shutter speed trumps everything else until you get up to a usable speed. Once you have a shutter speed you can work with you can play with your AP and ISO.

misspix
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:54
Well then, I am an arteest. :lol:
Of course, daaaahling...as am I :)

Maxed Out
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:54

ISO 1600, f/2.8, underexposed a little, so I got about 1/250 at most

I had plenty of Card Space.....just lacking in the battery departement;)

misspix
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:55
Shutter speed trumps everything else until you get up to a usable speed. Once you have a shutter speed you can work with you can play with your AP and ISO.
I feel the need...
THE NEED...

FOR SPEED!
~Top Gun

Maxed Out
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:55

I was talking about the AI Servo.....it was the first time i've used it.....

misspix
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:56
I had plenty of Card Space.....just lacking in the battery departement;)
Don't worry dear, most boys your age are :) ;)

Maxed Out
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:57
29/58 are keepers:D

Woolburr
hey everyone:(

everything went awesome until 58 shots later my battery dies off a full charge:(

then Malcolm (photog) gave me his Mk. III + 70-200mm f/2.8 IS for a half hour while he got something to eat:D.....oh Permi that camera/lens is a godsend....i was in shock when he handed the 50 pounds of gear to me

It went well....he gave me lots of advice (including keeping extra batteries in your bad:lol:)

I seem to recall posting a link to batteries for you...:rolleyes:

Maxed Out

thanks for the sympathy:oops::oops::oops:

Maxed Out
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:58
I seem to recall posting a link to batteries for you...:rolleyes:

I just bought batteries from that wonderful place you mentioned:).....just they arent shipped yet:cry:

short5
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:58
29/58 are keepers:D

You have keepers:shock: you are way ahead of the game well done

Maxed Out
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 22:59
*sigh* editing:rolleyes:

BBL

Woolburr
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:00
I just bought batteries from that wonderful place you mentioned:).....just they arent shipped yet:cry:

Good job...at least you have some coming...:D

short5
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:01
Speaking of blur I hear the obvious sound of a car rollover on the road behind my house the other night. I shot at F/10 for some reason:rolleyes: It was late and I was delirious.

BearLeeAlive
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:02
Just a little bull from our trip.

short5
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:03

Jim, yummy, I mean the picture, really;) Looking forward to your shots as you go through them.

misspix
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:04
Speaking of blur I hear the obvious sound of a car rollover on the road behind my house the other night. I shot at F/10 for some reason:rolleyes: It was late and I was delirious.
Anyone hurt?

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :D

BearLeeAlive
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:04
And here I thought it was the young 'uns with fully charged batteries, Oh how times have changed. :lol:

misspix
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:06
And here I thought it was the young 'uns with fully charged batteries, Oh how times have changed. :lol:
*snicker*
Perhaps I was thinking of Operating Systems :confused: It is late and my mind tends to wander about freely after dark....

BearLeeAlive
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:07
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :D
Thanks Terri. :)

And on that note, after a long tough day, not to mention the 3 glasses of wine, methinks I shall retire to the downy warmth of my bed. :)

BearLeeAlive
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:09
*snicker*
Perhaps I was thinking of Operating Systems :confused: It is late and my mind tends to wander about freely after dark....
LOL, that might be it. Don't give that mind too free of a reign, or you just might lose it. ;) :p

misspix
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:10
LOL, that might be it. Don't give that mind too free of a reign, or you just might lose it. ;) :p
Tis tethered :)

Night Jim, sweet dreams...

short5
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:16
Anyone hurt?

No, stunned. I got to the car as the two guys were crawling out the side windows. They looked a bit stoned and stunned but not hurt. The guy looks at me bug eyed just like the shock smiley but not so yellow. He sticks his arms out stiff like he is holding a steering wheel and jerks it back and forth "my car wuz just like screee errr screeeee" *makes his best out of control car sound* "and here I am" *points at his car in the ditch*.:lol: They did a complete roll and 180 turn into a rocky ditch. Wide open road no one else in sight.

short5
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:17
Night Jim

misspix
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:19
No, stunned. I got to the car as the two guys were crawling out the side windows. They looked a bit stoned and stunned but not hurt. The guy looks at me bug eyed just like the shock smiley but not so yellow. He sticks his arms out stiff like he is holding a steering wheel and jerks it back and forth "my car wuz just like screee errr screeeee" *makes his best out of control car sound* "and here I am" *points at his car in the ditch*.:lol: They did a complete roll and 180 turn into a rocky ditch. Wide open road no one else in sight.
Your narrative has me LOLing :lol: I am glad no one was seriously injured!

short5
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:27
Me too thats why it was sort of comical these guys were just like WTF happened? The passenger never said a word just grunted when I asked if he was okay and kept glaring at the driver:lol:

misspix
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:36
I am seeing one of those dumb teen movies in relation to your story Zane.

"Dude"
"we crashed"
"Dude"

Becky N
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:39
Becky, I like your siggy!!

Thanks, I thought it was appropriate for here.;)

On Sunday Lisa and me are going to head out to the badlands of Drumheller east of Calgary.

Just got done with the captions on Curt's Badlands National Park pictures. Many of the captions are straight form Wiki (yes, I am giving credit) didn't know the badlands is a description of particular geological land.

everything went awesome until 58 shots later my battery dies off a full charge

Full charge as in you charged it before going out tonight or as in that is what the little battery meter indicated? Do you leave your batter in the charger for an hour after the light stops blinking? We always charge just before a shoot, like you, we learned this precaution the hard way.

Very cool you got to play with another camera.

GGGGGaaaaaaaaaaaa! I could not find a bull elk in the wild, try as I might and them bugleing all around us.:cry:

No, stunned.

No doubt very sore by today, too.

puddlepirate44
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:39
too tired.... can't.... catch.... up.... I'm..... I'm... falling... asleeeeep.....

Becky N
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:42
WAKE UP...and go to bed, then.

misspix
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:45
too tired.... can't.... catch.... up.... I'm..... I'm... falling... asleeeeep.....
Dan.
Dan.
Dan.
Time for bed. :)

puddlepirate44
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:48
WAKE UP...and go to bed, then.

Dan.
Dan.
Dan.
Time for bed. :)

GAAA!! Wha...? Huh? Ewww, drool... Gotta go t' bed. Gotta big shoot tomorrow.... Gotta... Gotta... um... Gotta.... ah, fergit it.

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/201606481-L.jpg

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/201606772-L.jpg

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/201607256-L.jpg

G'Nite.

misspix
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:50
Night Dan :)
L O V E the clouds. Very dramatic!

misspix
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:50
I do believe I will fall in, as well. My eyes are burning. Night!

Becky N
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:56
Me too and my contacts are feel like they are trying to fold up on me they are so dry.

misspix
28th of September 2007 (Fri), 23:58
Me too and my contacts are feel like they are trying to fold up on me they are so dry.
I hate that! *passes rewetting drops*

Night for real :)

Maxed Out
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 00:02
Full charge as in you charged it before going out tonight or as in that is what the little battery meter indicated? Do you leave your batter in the charger for an hour after the light stops blinking? We always charge just before a shoot, like you, we learned this precaution the hard way.

charged before I went....light turned green only lasted about 25 minutes on the field:(

short5
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 00:58
Huh?Must of dozed off:confused: Gatorade:rolleyes:
Great shots Dano
The stairs from the movie The Exorcist. They are at the edge of Georgetown in D.C.

short5
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 01:23
Night all *starts long climb up stairs thinking a quick back dive at the top would be like the agony of defeat and the thrill of victory wrapped into one* Deep:confused:

Maxed Out
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 02:11
Couldn't go to bed until I finsed editing:

We won 37-17 (The Orange Team)

http://maxypad19.smugmug.com/photos/201716759-M.jpg

http://maxypad19.smugmug.com/photos/201721942-M.jpg

http://maxypad19.smugmug.com/photos/201721622-M.jpg

http://maxypad19.smugmug.com/photos/201720846-M.jpg

http://maxypad19.smugmug.com/photos/201719895-M.jpg

http://maxypad19.smugmug.com/photos/201719519-M.jpg

http://maxypad19.smugmug.com/photos/201717389-M.jpg

http://maxypad19.smugmug.com/photos/201722503-M.jpg

Maxed Out
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 02:12
http://maxypad19.smugmug.com/photos/201720428-M.jpg

http://maxypad19.smugmug.com/photos/201723525-M.jpg

http://maxypad19.smugmug.com/photos/201717998-M.jpg

http://maxypad19.smugmug.com/photos/201724488-M.jpg

http://maxypad19.smugmug.com/photos/201725501-M.jpg

thomascanty
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 03:48
Lonnie, you ever heard of NOFX?

Yep, I've heard of them. I couldn't name any of their songs, though I'd probably recognize them if I heard them again.

I'm just wondering why Lonnie is jumping all over me for not knowing him. :lol:

I was jumping?!? Oooookay... :rolleyes:

I guess everyone loves their job:lol:

No, not everyone!

Been there done that ONCE

I've done it more than once... :o

I keep a PowerShot S330 in my glove compartment with a 512Mb card in it, so I can use that card in an emergency if I forget my CF wallet. But, a 512Mb card doesn't last very long in a 20D...

Pete
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 03:53
Nice football shots, Maxy...! I'm hoping to do that kinda stuff next year.

http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/normal/IMG_0589.jpg

Mgdh
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 07:07
G'mae you chatty peeps. There is no way I can complete my catch up at the moment!!!

You do it and I'll emulate your method.

Speaking of signatures, does the color of the word Zenfolio not match the word Gear on anyone else's monitors? I just tried fixing it but it's acting strange.

It may or may not match, depending on who is looking at it, as both are links...

No, it is not the same blue. When I had a few other things in my siggy I had one heck of a time trying to get the colour I wanted at times, not sure why.

... if they are links, they change colour if they have been visited, while the other site is in the browser history so you can get it to look right but as soon as you visit the link... the colour will change :(

CIT not as impressive as Dan but...there are those renowned socks.

Note what side of the guard fence Curt is on:

Shooting on the edge:

And again:

And one final one:

Great shots, love the 'in trouble' idea. :D

I re-edited this photo as it did not seem to have the warmth of the sun that the original scene did. What are your thoughts, did I over do it, or should I have even done it at all, or maybe something in between.

It is so tough for me to be my own critic.

Personally, I love the warmer colours in the second.

LOOK (http://www.marylandsteeplechasing.com/main/tlc/tlc.htm) what I have press pass to tomorrow. I will be on course with the ponies.

Ooo. Looks good Zane. Looking forward to seeing the shots!

Wow. Great edit, ~A - oh, sorry, ~Q ;)

You do the adjustment on a layer and then mask out the parts that you don't want the adjustment on (all but the foreground and the left corner)

Make regular brownies, bring them with you, promise one at the END of class for good behavior and 2 for the child who participates best.

Excellent idea. I used to do the same with just ordinary sweets when I was teaching a similar class ;)

smell of brownies ought to get their attention. But remember never to give them one till they are LEAVING. Let whoever has them AFTER you do deal with the sugar consequenses... :lol:

Absolutely :lol::lol:

Right. I'll finish my catch-up later - probably with another 200 posts to read. Right now I'm being looked at darkly because I'm on here but should be out in the garage doing some clearing out :roll:

Miniflash
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 07:31
Gmae everyone
Cats off today I see so chat time will be reduced ..lol
Hey Max nice shots
Dan hope you can relax this weekend Oh and great shots love the sky pic its awesome
Hi Pete ..what a intresting shot at first I thought it was a egg ..lol then I saw its beautiful .
Hi Terri ..you made me laugh this morning ..with comment on batteries >>hehe
Good day to you all ~

Pete
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 07:33
Right. I'll finish my catch-up later - probably with another 200 posts to read. Right now I'm being looked at darkly because I'm on here but should be out in the garage doing some clearing out :roll:

I get looked at darkly for lots of things. But I managed to get my car in for a brake service this morning, and I was a good boy in tidying up the photography room as well (well, I put everything in the cupboard so the floor's clear), I also made lunch.

Now watching New Zealand thrash Romania on the rugby.

Becky N
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 08:11
GMAE all, wow, actually slept 6 hours straight, can't tell you how long it has been since I have done that. Lately I've been waking up every 2 - 3 hours every night.

We won 37-17 (The Orange Team)

You got some nice shots Maxey. I like the helmet too bad the decal is wrinkled, but great idea on the shot.

Very good Pete, so many title ideas from Crying to Spilling your guts. ;)

Momentary visit for me this morning, need to get some groceries before getting ready for our shoots today. Also trying to finish the captions on Curt's pictures and evenly removing come duplicates. With any luck links to the gallery will be going out sometime this weekend.

puddlepirate44
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 08:45
G'MAE, All. Quick post before the day.... got a big shoot planned with the rest of the Willamette POTN Contingent:

Ouch. Too many times to count. Or using a card that is already partially full because I forgot to format it.

I was jumping?!? Oooookay... :rolleyes:

You did. I saw you. Bad boy, no doughnut. ;)

Max: Great football shots, amigo. Doin' great there.

BearLeeAlive
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 08:46
G,day to everyone.

It may or may not match, depending on who is looking at it, as both are links...

... if they are links, they change colour if they have been visited, while the other site is in the browser history so you can get it to look right but as soon as you visit the link... the colour will change :(
Wow Mark, you are a real fart smeller...er, smart feller. :p
I went back, clicked on all the links, and they are now all the same colour. :)
Man, early in the day, and I's already learnin' stuff. :)

BearLeeAlive
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 08:49
Ouch. Too many times to count. Or using a card that is already partially full because I forgot to format it.
Ouch x 2
Too many times that is, as far as forgetting to reformat cards goes. :)

thomascanty
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 08:49
You did. I saw you. Bad boy, no doughnut. ;)

I don't think so. I'm not in any shape to be jumping. I've already had too many doughnuts...

Becky N
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 08:51
Ouch x 2
Too many times that is, as far as forgetting to reformat cards goes. :)

We need laminated check list cards, but; then we'd probably forget to look at them.:confused::p

Out of here everyone have a good day.

Have fun with the gang, Dan.

puddlepirate44
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 08:54
We need laminated check list cards, but; then we'd probably forget to look at them.:confused::p

Out of here everyone have a good day.

Have fun with the gang, Dan.

Thanks, Becky. I've already been thinking of doing cards for the Sunny 16 Rule. Might as well add that to the back of the card.... :rolleyes:

Jamie Holladay
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 08:58
g'MAE

OMG you guys just talk to much.

Use a tripod and take multiple shots. Then stack the photos in Photoshop (or other program).

Ok thanks.

Jamie Holladay
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 08:59
Good shots Max.

BearLeeAlive
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 09:28
I've already been thinking of doing cards for the Sunny 16 Rule. Might as well add that to the back of the card.... :rolleyes:
Ok, a bit skeered to ask, but what is this Sunny 16 Rule.

thomascanty
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 09:33
Ok, a bit skeered to ask, but what is this Sunny 16 Rule.

Basically, on a sunny day, set your aperture to f/16 and your shutter speed to match your ISO speed (or as close as you can get to it).

Here's a little more detail about it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunny_16_rule) on Wikipedia.

BearLeeAlive
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 09:42
Basically, on a sunny day, set your aperture to f/16 and your shutter speed to match your ISO speed (or as close as you can get to it).

Here's a little more detail about it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunny_16_rule) on Wikipedia.
I will have to give that a whirl, thanks. :)

puddlepirate44
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 10:29
I will have to give that a whirl, thanks. :)

Then it starts to get all funky...

"If it's not a perfectly sunny day, or you live at a latitude that's above 50 N/S in the Winter, or you see clouds on the horizon, or you uncle is related to anyone from France, then use f/11 and a shutter speed that is the square root of 57 or 63. If the sky is 13.6-18.7% cloudy, then you must use f/10.339, an ISO of no greater than 426.8 and a shutter speed that's not slower than the airspeed of a African Swallow."

Sure, it sounds all easy. The best thing to do is only shoot when it's a perfectly sunny day. In Bermuda.

misspix
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 10:42
G'Mae all :D

Tis a beautiful day (after yesterdays rain) and I am prepping for wedding shooting :confused: I have drafted Nikki (Jaiydanns mommy :)) to become my assistant once the bridal party has been shot (she is the maid of honor). Hopefully with additional eyes I will avoid dangling boogers and dress-in-the-panty shots :rolleyes: :lol:

BearLeeAlive
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 11:00
G'Mae all :D

Tis a beautiful day (after yesterdays rain) and I am prepping for wedding shooting :confused: I have drafted Nikki (Jaiydanns mommy :)) to become my assistant once the bridal party has been shot (she is the maid of honor). Hopefully with additional eyes I will avoid dangling boogers and dress-in-the-panty shots :rolleyes: :lol:
Those are the best ones to get. :p
Well, maybe not the best, but the candid fun ones are the ones they will laugh at and remember things by. When I did a wedding many years ago (they had a pro do the formal shots, you know, the boring ones) two of their favourite shots was the groom and groomsmen all lined up at the urinals making silly faces, and the girls in their underwear only (the bride with her veil on too) looking shocked and trying to cover up with their arms.

Have fun Terri, and best of luck to ya. You will do great. :)

Athena
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 12:06
Becky - MONSTER. HE was/is my favorite. :D

Athena
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 12:11
Max - excellent sports shots from last night. You are on a roll!!

Athena
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 12:12

209638 Ooo - cool. What was he shoutin' at?

Huh?Must of dozed off:confused: Gatorade:rolleyes:
Great shots Dano
The stairs from the movie The Exorcist. They are at the edge of Georgetown in D.C.Major freaky flashback from looking at those stairs...shudder... That movie used to be banned in Thailand. Only recently has it been available/not illegal to own. :shock:

Mgdh
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 12:49

I haven't lost my mind. I have it backed up on a disk around here somewhere... ;)

Couldn't go to bed until I finsed editing:

Great football shots, Maxy. You definitely have the eye for this stuff ;):D

Nice football shots, Maxy...! I'm hoping to do that kinda stuff next year.

Sweet shot, Pete. Well spotted. It almost looks like it is bleeding.

I get looked at darkly for lots of things. But I managed to get my car in for a brake service this morning, and I was a good boy in tidying up the photography room as well (well, I put everything in the cupboard so the floor's clear), I also made lunch.

Now watching New Zealand thrash Romania on the rugby.

Hehe. You've gained some brownie points today. I managed to get some clearing out done. It's a trip to the dump tomorrow for a load of old stuff.

G,day to everyone.

Wow Mark, you are a real fart smeller...er, smart feller.
I went back, clicked on all the links, and they are now all the same colour.
Man, early in the day, and I's already learnin' stuff.

I admit to the first, particularly with some of the guys I work with :roll::lol:
I think the second is stretching it a bit too far. LOL

BearLeeAlive
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 12:49
Max - excellent sports shots from last night. You are on a roll!!
I agree, not sure I gave the credit due for the good shots, got wrapped up in the battery/CF card thing. :)
Ooo - cool. What was he shoutin' at?
He's lookin' for girls, but the big boys likely have them all and won't share. :p

BearLeeAlive
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 12:51
I haven't lost my mind. I have it backed up on a disk around here somewhere... ;)
:lol: Me too, but the file is corrupted. :lol:

Mgdh
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 13:07
:lol: Me too, but the file is corrupted. :lol:

:lol: I daren't test mine ;)

Is it me or has the whole forum been slow the past 24 hours? What's up, everyone got a life except me or summat? :confused:???;)

thomascanty
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 13:10
The whole forum has been slow for weeks.

Mgdh
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 13:17
The whole forum has been slow for weeks.

It hasn't felt like that while trying to catch up in here. however, I do think the other threads I'm subscribed to have been a bit slower :confused: Well, apart from RRTP.

Ah well. Got to go put the kids to be now. See you after I've read a couple of bedtime stories... ;):D

theague
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 13:43
Howdy neighbors!

Miniflash
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 14:40
Hi theague ~
Hows everyones day going so far I"m a bit slow here ..went for a long walk with the mini ..it was fun cool temps made it nice and it was breezy :) to breezy for photos ..those wildflowers where bending to the ground almost .

Becky N
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 14:51
Hello again. Between shoots. First one was literally a partial bust. Senior could not be found, his cell phone is not working and he stayed at a friend,s house last night, but; didn't tell parents which friend. Tis, OK we want to do some test shots first anyhow, we'll call you back to see if he made it home. Test shots done, Becky hands camera back to Curt, umbrella stand with flash unit blows over, bends one of the umbrella ribs and breaks the flash hotshoe.

Parents call, senior is home changing will meet us in a few minutes. Give us 1/2 hour, come home take the hotshoe off of Becky's unit that won't flash though everything else works and put it on Curt's unit. Test - Perfect. Shots are done and all looks good, except the shot Becky wants for creative purposes. Lesson learned, Becky has an idea in mind, Becky will take the shot while Curt holds the light/umbrella stand.

2 hours and we need to be on-site for the next shoot.

So how everyone else's Saturday going/gone?

3Turner
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 14:59
Sorry for the shoot troubles :(

So how everyone else's Saturday going/gone?
ehh...boring here. To sunny to go out and do anything...and lazy too. Fighting the urge to go take a nap. Maybe I will give in.

Miniflash
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 15:07
kinda lazy day for me here .. playing with pictures as usual ..Thinking ..some of these are not so bad ..giggles I had a time this week that i thought everything I did sucked big time ..thats no fun:( anyways back to trying new things out like processing ect ..
and practicing every chance I get .also still rummaging through the decision on which new camera I want and what lens ..lol geez

Mgdh
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 15:39
Well, kids are in bed now. However, it's the Japanese Grand Prix tomorrow and the show starts 4:30am my time. I need an early night.

See youse all tomorrow ;)

puddlepirate44
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 16:17
Just got back from a "Trash the Dress" shoot with a bunch of the other POTNers. Lots o' fun. Just now starting to look at the shots....

Jamie Holladay
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 16:23
Trash the Dress?

eenorton
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 16:31
Trash the Dress?

I think Lisa has a link in the Tupper thread... but basically it's bride & groom shots with no consideration of what might happen to the clothes... So they might be standing knee deep in the ocean or playing in the sand...

Jamie Holladay
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 16:40
oic. I'll fo look for the linky over there.

eenorton
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 16:42
oic. I'll fo look for the linky over there.

Wait... here it is: http://delsolphotography.com/ttd/ttd1/

Jamie Holladay
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 16:44
I found it. I want to see some from the shoot. I seen the one of Puddles that Chris shot. They had to have had a blast. Not to mention the great shots there must be between them all.

Skrim17
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 17:14
I've spent most of the afternoon designing my book in Blurb...hope to send it out for family to order by this evening. It is shots of the kids from the summer.

BearLeeAlive
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 17:14
Interesting concept, you sure could get some neat shots doing stuff like this, much more exciting then the 'normal' wedding shots.

eenorton
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 17:17
I've spent most of the afternoon designing my book in Blurb...hope to send it out for family to order by this evening. It is shots of the kids from the summer.

What a great family keepsake!

Interesting concept, you sure could get some neat shots doing stuff like this, much more exciting then the 'normal' wedding shots.

With the right couple (and they'd almost have to be to even think of doing this kind of shoot) the possibilities are just about endless, eh?

3Turner
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 17:24
Crissa, when you do the book and publish it...is it possible to only limit the access and ordering to only your family and friends? I only ask because I've wanted to do the same, but don't want to have pictures in a book available to just the random person who I don't know.

Skrim17
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 17:51
That is a great question Robert, I'll let you know in a couple hours (I hope!!)

Jamie Holladay
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 17:55
Crissa, when you do the book and publish it...is it possible to only limit the access and ordering to only your family and friends? I only ask because I've wanted to do the same, but don't want to have pictures in a book available to just the random person who I don't know.
Yes you can make it private. Meaning that only the people that have access to the link to the book can order it. But remember whomever you give the link to can forward the link. Therefore it is actually semi-private. But it is not searchable by the general public.

timbernet
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 18:13
Ack - Lonnie has a new avatar... I don't recognize him anymore!

Becky N
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 18:30

That is very cool and you are correct the possibilities are limitless when there are no worries regarding the dressy formal look.

Second shoot went without breaking any gear. :D We have to learn how to pose people better and get them to relax. Seems the guys are more of a challenge, more reluctent to smile naturally, relax arms, and put their legs together.:rolleyes: There are tricks out there we have to learn.

eenorton
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 18:37
There are tricks out there we have to learn.

It's a real art, I think. And the reason I would never do any portrait work. :)

3Turner
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 18:43
Yes you can make it private. Meaning that only the people that have access to the link to the book can order it. But remember whomever you give the link to can forward the link. Therefore it is actually semi-private. But it is not searchable by the general public.
Good. Thanks for the info Jaime.

Jamie Holladay
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 19:04
Your welcome.

Skrim17
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 19:44
Mine is up and I sent email to family to order, of course I got an email back from my mom asking me to order it for her cause she doesn't have a password http://ide.li/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Skrim17
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 19:48
Was Terri's wedding shoot today? I hope she had better weather!

Becky N
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 19:49
Yes, she said earlier the sun was shining.

puddlepirate44
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 20:41
Hi, All....

I made 10k, and I made thing this post, so I thought I'd share:

http://PuddlePirate-Photography.smugmug.com/photos/201913224-L.jpg

Wow. I've achieved 10,000 posts. Occasionally, one hears of members of this fine Forum complain of those that have "inflated" post counts. As if the ability to engage in conversation is something that should be limited or frowned upon. That the excited and passionate discussion of a shared hobby is to be rationed.

I enjoy photography. No, I'm not a professional. No, my family is not dependent on my ability to produce the "Money Shot". I enjoy taking what I see, the small part of the world and capturing it within my camera. I enjoy trying to increase my knowledge of manipulating light and color so that the shots that I take today are better than the shots I took yesterday and will only improve tomorrow.

I also enjoy spending that time conversing about photography with others that share the same joy, the same excitement of a well exposed picture, the same focus of growing in experience. If my 10,000 posts indicate anything, it should be that I've found a group of friends with whom I am very happy to talk with, to learn with, to be encouraged and to encourage.

I do not see my post count as something of which to be ashamed. Rather, I see this milestone as an indication that I have discovered a place where photography and friends can celebrate the joys of conversation and enrichment.

thomascanty
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 20:44
Ack - Lonnie has a new avatar... I don't recognize him anymore!

Should I switch it back? :lol:

Occasionally, one hears of members of this fine Forum complain of those that have "inflated" post counts. As if the ability to engage in conversation is something that should be limited or frowned upon.

But at least two or three of your posts have been Tupperville cartoons. That makes your posts worth a lot more than most people's around here. ;)

timbernet
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 20:45
Should I switch it back? :lol:

Nah! Keep it for awhile - the "BOLD PINK" helps me out :-D

eenorton
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 20:50
Well said Dan. Thanks for all you share here.

Becky N
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 20:54
I made 10k

Congratulations and very well said. You have a gift of prose as well as many other talents.

puddlepirate44
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 21:13
OK, we did a Trash the Dress today.... Here are some of my shots, there were four of us shooting, and they had better luck than I did:

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/201905549-L.jpg

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/201907145-L.jpg

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/201907656-L.jpg

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/201902247-L.jpg

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/201903484-L.jpg

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/201904786-L.jpg

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/201902827-L.jpg

Becky N
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 21:19
OK, we did a Trash the Dress today....

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/201904786-L.jpg

Very nice Dan, I love the single leaf on this one. Was it planed or did it blow there and "make the shot"? It is great.

3Turner
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 21:22
Congrats on the 10K Puddles and excellent shots that you've posted. But it dosen't look like the dress was very trashed. Was it only wet in the water? No mud or tomato fights or sumpthin?:lol:

puddlepirate44
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 21:28
Congrats on the 10K Puddles and excellent shots that you've posted. But it dosen't look like the dress was very trashed. Was it only wet in the water? No mud or tomato fights or sumpthin?:lol:

Actually, we talked about this later. We didn't really trash the dress at all. In fact, considering the purpose of the shoot, everyone was very protective of the gown all day. We're actually thinking about doing it again with her water-skiing. :D

3Turner
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 21:31
Water skiing? Now thats gonna be fun. Who are you gonna rent the chopper from for the aerial shots? :lol:

Miniflash
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 21:32
WOW DAN congrads on 10K and thanks for being here and sharing your talents with everyone ~
I love trash the dress idea ..it is so cool and looks like you did a great job so far i love all the shots ..
I would love to get a wedding dress froma thrift store cheap ...dress up and have some fun !

short5
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 21:34
Hi, All....

I made 10k, and I made thing this post, so I thought I'd share:

That is wonderful Dan, I love the group drawing and very well said!! congratulations. Do you get access to the good bathroom now?

puddlepirate44
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 21:37
Water skiing? Now thats gonna be fun. Who are you gonna rent the chopper from for the aerial shots? :lol:
:D

WOW DAN congrads on 10K and thanks for being here and sharing your talents with everyone ~
I love trash the dress idea ..it is so cool and looks like you did a great job so far i love all the shots ..
I would love to get a wedding dress froma thrift store cheap ...dress up and have some fun !

When you do, Deb, let us know!! We'll do a shoot!!

That is wonderful Dan, I love the group drawing and very well said!! congratulations. Do you get access to the good bathroom now?

Thanks, Zane. As for the bathroom, um... I think I now have access to the one indoors.... :rolleyes:

puddlepirate44
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 21:38
Very nice Dan, I love the single leaf on this one. Was it planed or did it blow there and "make the shot"? It is great.

Thanks! It was just there. She was sitting in a yard that is in front of an old abandoned house. The leaves were just an added bonus.

short5
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 21:39
Love the dress shots Puds!!

My shooting day sucked, I am trying to figure what went wrong I will ask for advise from you guys but don't think I have the energy to do it tonight.

puddlepirate44
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 21:40
Love the dress shots Puds!!

My shooting day sucked, I am trying to figure what went wrong I will ask for advise from you guys but don't think I have the energy to do it tonight.

That's a bummer, Zane. Sorry to hear that.

short5
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 21:49
I am going to call it wrap, night folks.

Skrim17
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 21:49
Today was a stunningly beautiful day and I took NO pictures.

Becky N
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 21:50

Sorry to hear that, Zane.

Becky N
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 21:51
G'Nite Zane.

puddlepirate44
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 22:41
GAB GAB GAB, YAMMER YAMMER YAMMER, BLAH BLAH BLAH, YADA YADA YADA

Wow. I'm glad I got that off of my chest. That's been bugging me for some time.... Thanks for listening.

cfpackerfan
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 22:51
I need a poopy cat candy dispenser that shoots out Almond Roca!YOu do realize, that is what we call cat poop from the litter box. :lol: Think about it. And the dogs love them. :lol: Little kitty rocas.

Well then, I am an arteest. :lol:*raises hand* Me too!

209638WOW!! Love it!!

Me too and my contacts are feel like they are trying to fold up on me they are so dry.Did I tell you that Marian got contacts?? She lost one today. And she's only had them a week. *sigh*

Max - excellent sports shots from last night. You are on a roll!!I can't see Maxy's shots, so I'll take your word for it. ;)

I have discovered a place where photography and friends can celebrate the joys of conversation and enrichment.So AWESOME! Loved the cartoon and the post.

Congratulations and very well said. You have a gift of prose as well as many other talents.^^ Yeah that!! :D

GAB GAB GAB, YAMMER YAMMER YAMMER, BLAH BLAH BLAH, YADA YADA YADA

Wow. I'm glad I got that off of my chest. That's been bugging me for some time.... Thanks for listening. LOL! Took the words right outta my mouth. ;)

cfpackerfan
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 23:07
GAAA!!! NO!!!! DON'T DO THIS TO ME!!! I'm gone for over 24 hours, I'm finally home, and you guys are all GONE?? :shock:

T.D.
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 23:08
GAAA!!! NO!!!! DON'T DO THIS TO ME!!! I'm gone for over 24 hours, I'm finally home, and you guys are all GONE?? :shock:

I'm here Cat. But I can't type very well. What, with holding the ice pack on the side of my head from that fish slap and all. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p:p:p

wu_wei0
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 23:08
i'm here -somewhere

Skrim17
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 23:12
I'm here for a moment.

Wonder why Maxy pulled his shots?

Skrim17
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 23:13
and the kitty roca comment made me gag

puddlepirate44
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 23:14
I am here. I am awaiting entertainment. Please proceed.

3Turner
I'm still here poking around...actually looking at the spider pictures I just took of the bugger that made a huge web on my balcony right in front of the door.

Skrim17
::dancing across the screen::

Skrim17
29th of September 2007 (Sat), 23:15
shall I dangle some grapes now Dan?